Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #571
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Poor Corey, To be cheated on that close to the wedding
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #572
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I wonder if she doesn't do that at the prompting of the crew? When stuff happens, they need her to talk about it so the audience knows what the latest drama is. If there is no one else around when they're filming, she has to tell Isaac. KWIM?
My friend that owns the coffee shoop where they filmed last year said the whole segement she witnessed was scripted. I only caught bits & pieces last night but could tell they had jumped a few months ahead...but I wasn't able to catch if they showed the part with her coffee shop in it.

I totally believe the show is scripted - Undercover Boss was filmed in my store about 4 months ago - while we weren't handed paper scripts to use, we were prmopted on every word that came out of our mouths. My view of reality TV completely shifted after that. I mean I always knew things were edited for ratings, but we were told exactly what to do & say, even if we said "there's no way we'd say something like that" or "that's not how corporate wants us to do it." Our Undercover Boss show hasn't aired yet so I don't know how long of a segment they'll show - but we filmed for 10 hours & they may literally show 5-10 minutes of it on the air.

So when Kail says those innapropriate things around Isaac - who knows if it's just her immaturity coming out, or if she was told to say it.

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #573
lobmcf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
My friend that owns the coffee shoop where they filmed last year said the whole segement she witnessed was scripted. I only caught bits & pieces last night but could tell they had jumped a few months ahead...but I wasn't able to catch if they showed the part with her coffee shop in it.

I totally believe the show is scripted - Undercover Boss was filmed in my store about 4 months ago - while we weren't handed paper scripts to use, we were prmopted on every word that came out of our mouths. My view of reality TV completely shifted after that. I mean I always knew things were edited for ratings, but we were told exactly what to do & say, even if we said "there's no way we'd say something like that" or "that's not how corporate wants us to do it." Our Undercover Boss show hasn't aired yet so I don't know how long of a segment they'll show - but we filmed for 10 hours & they may literally show 5-10 minutes of it on the air.

So when Kail says those innapropriate things around Isaac - who knows if it's just her immaturity coming out, or if she was told to say it.

I know it is scripted to a certain extent, but I think they try to cram a few month's of drama into 1 episode because camera crews can't be around all of the time to keep up. They probably show up every few months and ask "what's been going on?" and then have them act it out again.

What's with Chelsea and orange cars? Do you think she has issues remembering where she parks in parking lots or something?
Old 02-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #574
cornflake
DIS Veteran

She likes cars to match her face?

I literally laughed out loud when she said she'd been working at the tanning salon a lot so with "help" from her father she "bought" ANOTHER brand-new car. Yeah. Your father and/or MTV bought your lazy, useless, orange behind a useless new car.

Someone explain that march to me please. I mean it's nice she did something, anything. Same as it's nice she's finally got a job, even if it's some p/t retail thing, to finally be doing anything with her life, but what was that? They appeared to wander round the mall, get balloons and go home. Here, the march things are donations per km or mile or whatever and people actually have to walk a distance, not just... circle the mall. Goodness knows if it required effort Chelsea and her band of teen parents (one of her friends doesn't have a kid - ONE - and she made a joke out of it? Dear, something has gone amiss, she's the only one of you who hasn't screwed up.) wouldn't do it but ... it was just weird.

Word to if I knew her, the first time I heard the word 'Adumb-uh' I'd hang up on her. I can't believe anyone puts up with it.

Same as I can't believe anyone puts up with Kale and her sourpuss constant lying. I currently don't believe anything she's ever said about her mother, her past, anything. On and on about 'you know how' Joe is, how he's going to be mad, fly off the handle, get upset, go nuts, etc., and every time we see him he doesn't do anything like that. Yet there she is next scene going on about he's going to, again. Same as she went on a couple episodes ago about how Joe is never even there when she drops Isaac off. Then how come we see him like, every time?

Word to she needs, badly, to stop talking crap about his father to that kid. It's lying as well, as yes, he's paid. He hasn't ever said he didn't want to pay, he said he thinks the amount is unfair (and I totally see his point). Shut up, Kale. I don't care if she was being prompted to say that to Isaac - first, I don't think that's so, it was a fairly spontaneous utterance after listening to the message and while I'd buy 'listen to the message and then say something out loud for the cameras' I don't buy 'say X to Isaac.'

Regardless though, it's not as if MTV production crews carry weaponry. She - or any of them - is free to just not say what is suggested if it were. Hence still on her if she says it, imo.

Leah ... just... whatever, go live in a new trailer, live in the old trailer, whatever, her storyline is so boring. Everyone in it needs subtitles, they're all grim, the whole thing is grim. Just...

At least Janelle is comic relief. 'I can't smoke pot for like, a year!' Rehab sounds like a good plan.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #575
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

I think Corey's plan of getting a truck before a new home was wise. If his current, crappy truck breaks down, then how's he getting to work? He is the sole supporter of them, so he needs his job. And that bathtub/basement was gross, but, she has options there. Bath the kids one at a time in the sink if they both won't fit. My 2yo will still fit in the sink for a bath if I need her to. Or shower them. We didn't even have a bathroom with a bathtub in our old home, yet I survived with 3 kids. Oldest was 2yo when we moved in and she just took showers from day 1. My 2nd and 3rd were born while we lived there and I just took the baby bathtub into the shower, filled it up and bathed them in there. When they outgrew the baby tub, they showered/sat on the floor of the shower. Not a big deal. But buying a homes is a huge step for them at this point.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:20 PM   #576
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Even if Kailyn is scripted, like Cornflake says no one has a gun to her head. That's a big pet peave of mine when a parent talks smack(even if the other parent screwed up royally)to the kid, because when that kid gets older, he/she is going to repeat everything the adult has said and also later on come back to bite the adult who couldn't zip it, on the butt.

I"ve held this mantra: if the other parent is so crappy, trust and believe that kid will find out on their own, they don't need the smack talking.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #577
cornflake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
I think Corey's plan of getting a truck before a new home was wise. If his current, crappy truck breaks down, then how's he getting to work? He is the sole supporter of them, so he needs his job. And that bathtub/basement was gross, but, she has options there. Bath the kids one at a time in the sink if they both won't fit. My 2yo will still fit in the sink for a bath if I need her to. Or shower them. We didn't even have a bathroom with a bathtub in our old home, yet I survived with 3 kids. Oldest was 2yo when we moved in and she just took showers from day 1. My 2nd and 3rd were born while we lived there and I just took the baby bathtub into the shower, filled it up and bathed them in there. When they outgrew the baby tub, they showered/sat on the floor of the shower. Not a big deal. But buying a homes is a huge step for them at this point.
His current truck is four months old. Why can't he just fix whatever's wrong with it instead of getting a new truck?

I agree bathing (it drove me up a WALL when she kept saying she was going to 'bath' the babies, though it makes me laugh that people keep repeating it) them other ways works but that thing they live in is gross and he apparently agreed to look for a new one, then just changed his mind after taking her to see the land that HE'D found.

I dunno, don't care, but I don't see how $14,000 for a trailer and land is a big step but another truck isn't, in their grim little appalachian fairy tale of horrors.

Oh and can they burn that thing on his head? In every scene for like TWO YEARS he's had that filthy, gross, twisted cap on his head. It's so repulsive. Just plastered to his often sweaty head, indoors and out, twisted to the side as he sits mumbling unintelligibly. Ugh.

Last edited by cornflake; 02-01-2012 at 01:45 PM.
cornflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #578
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
Even if Kailyn is scripted, like Cornflake says no one has a gun to her head. That's a big pet peave of mine when a parent talks smack(even if the other parent screwed up royally)to the kid, because when that kid gets older, he/she is going to repeat everything the adult has said and also later on come back to bite the adult who couldn't zip it, on the butt.

I"ve held this mantra: if the other parent is so crappy, trust and believe that kid will find out on their own, they don't need the smack talking.
I suspect she was told what to say and she figured eh, what's harm he won't understand what I'm saying anyway.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #579
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornflake View Post
She likes cars to match her face?

I literally laughed out loud when she said she'd been working at the tanning salon a lot so with "help" from her father she "bought" ANOTHER brand-new car. Yeah. Your father and/or MTV bought your lazy, useless, orange behind a useless new car.

Someone explain that march to me please. I mean it's nice she did something, anything. Same as it's nice she's finally got a job, even if it's some p/t retail thing, to finally be doing anything with her life, but what was that? They appeared to wander round the mall, get balloons and go home. Here, the march things are donations per km or mile or whatever and people actually have to walk a distance, not just... circle the mall. Goodness knows if it required effort Chelsea and her band of teen parents (one of her friends doesn't have a kid - ONE - and she made a joke out of it? Dear, something has gone amiss, she's the only one of you who hasn't screwed up.) wouldn't do it but ... it was just weird.

Word to if I knew her, the first time I heard the word 'Adumb-uh' I'd hang up on her. I can't believe anyone puts up with it.

Same as I can't believe anyone puts up with Kale and her sourpuss constant lying. I currently don't believe anything she's ever said about her mother, her past, anything. On and on about 'you know how' Joe is, how he's going to be mad, fly off the handle, get upset, go nuts, etc., and every time we see him he doesn't do anything like that. Yet there she is next scene going on about he's going to, again. Same as she went on a couple episodes ago about how Joe is never even there when she drops Isaac off. Then how come we see him like, every time?

Word to she needs, badly, to stop talking crap about his father to that kid. It's lying as well, as yes, he's paid. He hasn't ever said he didn't want to pay, he said he thinks the amount is unfair (and I totally see his point). Shut up, Kale. I don't care if she was being prompted to say that to Isaac - first, I don't think that's so, it was a fairly spontaneous utterance after listening to the message and while I'd buy 'listen to the message and then say something out loud for the cameras' I don't buy 'say X to Isaac.'

Regardless though, it's not as if MTV production crews carry weaponry. She - or any of them - is free to just not say what is suggested if it were. Hence still on her if she says it, imo.

Leah ... just... whatever, go live in a new trailer, live in the old trailer, whatever, her storyline is so boring. Everyone in it needs subtitles, they're all grim, the whole thing is grim. Just...

At least Janelle is comic relief. 'I can't smoke pot for like, a year!' Rehab sounds like a good plan.
Quote:
His current truck is four months old. Why can't he just fix whatever's wrong with it instead of getting a new truck?

I agree bathing (it drove me up a WALL when she kept saying she was going to 'bath' the babies, though it makes me laugh that people keep repeating it) them other ways works but that thing they live in is gross and he apparently agreed to look for a new one, then just changed his mind after taking her to see the land that HE'D found.

I dunno, don't care, but I don't see how $14,000 for a trailer and land is a big step but another truck isn't, in their grim little appalachian fairy tale of horrors.

Oh and can they burn that thing on his head? In every scene for like TWO YEARS he's had that filthy, gross, twisted cap on his head. It's so repulsive. Just plastered to his often sweaty head, indoors and out, twisted to the side as he sits mumbling unintelligibly. Ugh.
Why on earth do you watch this show if it makes you so angry?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #580
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

I was laughing when Jo met Jordan and they did that akward handshake and Jordan went in for the akward 'hug'. Who does that??

OMG-when Chelsea called 'corporate' about donating $$ for the walk, I wanted to smack her! She's soo whiny! Who talks like that? My DS was a preemie and I soo appreaciate what she raised for MOD but geesh, she acted like she was single handedly running the event herself!

I have a feeling Corey found out some stuff about Leah in between the tapings of when they 1st looked for a new trailor and when he started acting like he didn't want to move.

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Disneychix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #581
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I suspect she was told what to say and she figured eh, what's harm he won't understand what I'm saying anyway.
Yes however, I doubt she is thinking down the road when he gets older he will understand her, he will be able to later go online and see this show and see how his parents behaved or misbehaved.

And when she was sick she had Jordan come over and take care of her, I'm totally different, I don't want anyone near me, see me I'm not a good patient.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #582
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
I was laughing when Jo met Jordan and they did that akward handshake and Jordan went in for the akward 'hug'. Who does that??
That was funny and akward. Jordan is so goofy but in a good way. What made me crack up was when they sat down. Joe looked so tiny compared to Jordan. I even had dh rewind it so i could watch it again. The 2nd time dh cracked up with me.

what was up with Kale talking about joe's groupies. I think she made it akward for Jordan. All she had to say was I hope whoever you date isnt a groupie and someone who is good especially if they will be around Issac. To me it seemed like Kale got a lil jealous, oh wait future episode she does cheat right?
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #583
Sugarlumples
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas.

Quote:

10/2013 - Moved to Orlando! 6/2012 - First solo trip, 2/2012 - Valentine's Day trip, 5/2011 - WDW, US, IoA, Seaworld, 9/2010 - Halloween trip, 10/2008 - Disneymoon , and many childhood trips!
Sugarlumples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #584
Sugarlumples
Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
That was soooo awkward! The dainty handshake.

10/2013 - Moved to Orlando! 6/2012 - First solo trip, 2/2012 - Valentine's Day trip, 5/2011 - WDW, US, IoA, Seaworld, 9/2010 - Halloween trip, 10/2008 - Disneymoon , and many childhood trips!
Sugarlumples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM   #585
wdw_girl_18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have a feeling Corey found out some stuff about Leah in between the tapings of when they 1st looked for a new trailor and when he started acting like he didn't want to move.
They cut a huge part out of that episode. There were paparazzi pictures from a while back of mtv filming leah (in that same orange shirt) crying in a park with her friend. Apparently Corey was cheating on her with someone from facebook while they were married.
Here is one of many articles about it:
http://starcasm.net/archives/95347
and
http://starcasm.net/archives/95528

Last edited by wdw_girl_18; 02-01-2012 at 08:11 PM.
wdw_girl_18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: