Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #31
AKL_Megs
I'd Rather Be At AKL!!!
I feel exposed if I'm not covered

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsontrio View Post
Armchair diagnosis here from an RN: The baby's symptoms look similar to a child I know that had a form of Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I'm sure there are other disorders that have similar symptoms but I can't imagine that this isn't something severe. The Mom mentioned that the baby was breech but since her arms and legs are affected, I think it is less likely to be a birth injury. Maybe an OB nurse or pediatrician will chime in. I feel terrible for them and hope this brings them some clarity so they can get their relationship back on track.
Oh, I hope not. That's a life threatening condition, isn't it? Doesn't it usually affect breathing? Poor little thing.

AKL_Megs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #32
Kellydelly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCourxCorex View Post
And is her friend crazy?! Who would want to move into a house with your 19 year old best friend and her daughter?

Why wouldn't she want free rent, no parental supervision, and only have to babysit for an adorable baby occasionally? Sounds good to me! Especially at their age. Party House
Kellydelly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #33
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

Quote:
Corey and Leah -- I really hope they get back together.. I feel like they both want to, and they seem like such good parents to the twins!
Corey and Leah are back together and according to their fan page they made they are married now .

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LeahMesserOfficialFanPage

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #34
MrsPete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Jenelle & her mom are both train wrecks
Yep, I predict this child will eventually end up being removed from the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
I really like Corey, he seems so together I really hope him and Leah can't get back together. It seems like she has gronw up!
I don't think she grew up so much as she gave up the fantasy of getting back together with her old boyfriend. It was pretty obvious he represented her days of being young and carefree, while every time she looked at Corey she saw responsibility staring her in the face.
Quote:
I may have missed a couple episodes but I am confused. While I am not advocating that Kailyn jump into another relationship right away, why does Jo give a crap what Kailyn is doing if he doesn't want to be with her?
It just seems like common sense that if you're living in your ex-boyfriend's house, if his parents are extending hospitality to you because otherwise you'd be homeless . . . it's not a good idea to bring in another man, who will obviously be "Jo's replacement". It's just not right to do that while living in their house!

In the future, when she's out on her own, sure. She has every right to date whomever she pleases. And while she might have that RIGHT now, it just isn't courteous to her hosts. It's bad to rub her new relationship in their faces.

Kaitlyn's mom (not Jo's mom with whom she lives) is every bit as bad as Jenelle's -- she's just less caustic in her behavior.
Quote:
I can almost see some of Jenelle's points when they argue - Jace is Jenelle's child, and there are times when she says I want to hold him, I want to change him, etc. She is showing initiative (as she should) to be a good mother .... if Jenelle's mom wasn't such a witch herself, she'd let Jenelle take some responsibility instead of being a control freak and doing all the parenting herself.
On the other hand, Jenelle clearly only wants to be a mom WHEN IT SUITS HER. It's not fair to her mom to expect her to do the nighttime routine, get him up in the mornings, transport him to day care, etc. . . . but, oh, when it's sweet and cuddly time, and I'm well-rested, and there's not much on TV -- oh, pass him over to me!

Not that that excuses either of them or their atrocious behavior!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minniebeth View Post
I agree she needs to just concentrate on being a mom, starting college so she can have a future. That's how I would feel if I were Jo's parents and opened my home to her. She has plenty of time for that in the future.
ALL the teen moms are too concerned with dating and not concerned enough about their educations/careers, but this batch is worse than the girls from the first season. Yes, it's natural at 18-19-20 to want to date and to be interested in finding a husband, but they've altered their paths in life without altering their priorities!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniefan View Post
I am not trying to sound mean but if you have had two babies for the past 9 months living and growing together day to day how would they both not have been able to notice this or some of the other obvious differences in the twins?
On a simliar note, why didn't the doctor notice something in all those infant check-ups? It makes me wonder whether she was keeping up with the girls' well-visit check-ups and vaccinations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambii View Post
janelle was without her son for two week and final got to see them and it seem like as soon as she got there grandma had to put the baby to bed.. he could have stayed up longer.. (if that would have been my i would have stepped up and said something like i can put him to bed later i have saw him it two weeks and i want to spend time with him)
Yes, but you're thinking like normal people think. Those two don't know what normal is, and they're always looking for ways to hurt one another. It's just a matter of time 'til they include Jace in the fun of let's-see-how-mean-we-can-be-to-our-familes, and they'll teach him how to behave this way too.
Quote:
However it is clear that they aren't so much interested in her happiness, development and well being as a person but only her role as baby mama.
Well, that's who she is. She's an ex-girlfriend. If it weren't for the baby, she'd be out of their lives. Since she has no other options, they're taking care of her physical needs. Their ongoing relationship is going to be with their grandson, not with her. Sure, they'll want to see her succeed because that'll mean she'll be a better mother to the child, but they're not obligated to raise her. They're not wonderful to her, but where would she be without them? A homeless shelter?

Jo's a mess. I'd hate to look at my child and say, "This is what I've raised."
MrsPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #35
dmbrez67
brezfamily5

confused

It seems like a stupid question, but when jenelle left home the first time why didn't she take her baby? Seems like that would have been the first instinct as a mother. Maybe I missed something. These teenage girls along with the group from the first season seem to alow these loser guys walk all over them.
dmbrez67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:13 PM   #36
proud_canadian
DIS Veteran

Well I too have a similar thought.

By default, didn't Janelle have custody of Jace and her mom was trying to get it taken away from Janelle and granted to herself? So if so, shouldn't Janelle have had the option to take the baby with her when she first left?

It didn't look like she was staying at a very great place though. I'm not sure if it is a location thing, but what was up with the couch and old matress being on the lawn??

As for Leah, I too wonder what took so long to notice the issue. Her mother was a nurse I believe it said, so I can't believe she didn't notice sooner, and as well, hadn't she been going for checkups? Every checkup my children had, the doc checked the hips and legs.

I agree that on these shows they seem to rush to introduce the baby to the new boyfriend/girlfriend. Why did Kailyn need to rush to introduce Jordan to Isaac? She really should try and find somewhere new to live, but I'm not sure where...

And Chelsea does have it pretty good with her dad paying her way and being so supportive. I agree, it is a sweet deal for her friend too. I doubt she has to pay anything or much. I can't believe she is considering going back to Adam though... sigh.

Does anyone else notice how the people often are not wearing seat belts? Is it really that common there?

And lastly, is anyone else bothered by the incorrect use of car seats on these shows!!!!!!
proud_canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #37
MrsPete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrez67 View Post
It seems like a stupid question, but when jenelle left home the first time why didn't she take her baby? Seems like that would have been the first instinct as a mother.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_canadian View Post
By default, didn't Janelle have custody of Jace and her mom was trying to get it taken away from Janelle and granted to herself? So if so, shouldn't Janelle have had the option to take the baby with her when she first left?
Yes, it should've been her first instinct to take the baby along -- he's a part of her -- but she doesn't think like a mother. She thinks like a babysitter; that is, she is sometimes responsible for him, she sometimes thinks about the baby, but he isn't her first priority.

Yes, Janelle had custody of the baby by default . . . but then she abandoned him when she left the house, which puts her in a difficult situation legally.
MrsPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #38
Pooh_Friend#1
Check out my year round tan!

I think this season is going to be more of a train wreck than last season. But I agree, these shows are my guilty pleasures!
Pooh_Friend#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #39
lisajl
This is our dog Chloe!
I am not sure I want drool all over the keyboard!
A very merry unbirthday to us all!!!

My dd-25 and I watch this show together when we can.
Yes, it is a train wreck, yes--any child 12 and up should see this show.
See what it is really like to have a baby and then raise a baby.
It is a tough job. Sometimes, I think, geesh-why did they do that or say that, then I am reminded-they are only 16. They still have a lifetime ahead of them.

My sister got pregnant at 16, married (still married to the father) raised two great boys, both Eagle Scouts, and did pretty well.
Not everyone has that experience.
Those kids have a lot of growing up to do and I wish them well.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #40
proud_canadian
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any links to spoilers on what might be wrong with Ali?
proud_canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #41
WhateverLolaWants
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_canadian View Post
Does anyone have any links to spoilers on what might be wrong with Ali?
MTV has really made them tight-lipped on everything - the couple had to take down their wedding photos from the internet. I just found this recent video of the twins via their Facebook. The one looks like she's moving better and she's now apparently wearing baby glasses. http://www.facebook.com/?sk=lf#!/vid...84525&comments

Trips

October '87, June '91, Summer '93, Summer '97, December '98, July '99, April '00, December '02, August '03, November '03, January - May '07 (College Program),
January '08 (WDW and Disney Wonder), February '08 (DL/CA), December '08, October '09, February '11, January '12, February '13, October '13,
December '13 and on - Florida Resident Annual Pass
WhateverLolaWants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #42
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrez67 View Post
It seems like a stupid question, but when jenelle left home the first time why didn't she take her baby? Seems like that would have been the first instinct as a mother. Maybe I missed something. These teenage girls along with the group from the first season seem to alow these loser guys walk all over them.
Sometimes, females don't have that instinct.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #43
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I may have missed a couple episodes but I am confused. While I am not advocating that Kailyn jump into another relationship right away, why does Jo give a crap what Kailyn is doing if he doesn't want to be with her? It seems to me that she has been willing in the past to work things out with Jo but he can't be bothered with her. Now the previews are showing his mother having an issue with her moving on when her son can't be bothered to work on his end of the relationship with his baby's mother. Jo is also shown having a huge attitude about her taking Isaac around another man even though he has stated he has no romantic interest in Kailyn. What do they want from her?
I think Kailyn really needs to just focus on school work and her son. When you wanna have a good time you go hang out with your friends, you don't need a man to bring happiness.
She is living in her ex boyfriend's parents' house, I could NEVER date another man while living in the same house as my ex (if put in her situation). I think her's ex's parents are very nice to her, I think a lot of it is based on them wanting to make sure their grandson is cared for, and another part of it is b/c they feel bad for Kailyn, that her mom just basically told her to fend for herself.
If your staying with your ex's family and they are paying for your food, clothing, shelter, gas, and baby needs, I think not messing around with other men is the courteous thing to do lol.

and I just wanted to add that I just wanted to jump through the screen and give Chelsea a reality smack in the face LoL. This guy is trash and he DOES NOT deserve a 2nd chance. I wouldn't even want him around my baby after what he said. She keeps saying her daughter needs him and she needs to have a complete family. But in her previews she mentions her parents are divorced but they are great friends, to me it sounds like in her opinion her family wasn't "complete" b/c her parents split, but I look at it like she has 2 supporting loving parents, sometimes it just works better if you are not together. She doesn't NEED Adam, from the looks of it her Dad seems like he is an awesome Grandpa to the baby, so her daughter has him as a role model, she doesn't need that loser Adam. I have amazing parents and my Dad has always been such a hard worker all his life, but I also have a great relationship with my grandfather who is like a 2nd Dad to me. To make this long story short, Chelsea's daughter doesn't need a man to call "daddy" in her life, she will do just fine with a positive male role model (Chelsea's Dad).

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

Last edited by WeLoveLilo05; 01-22-2011 at 12:39 PM.
WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #44
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Less than an hour away from episode 3

Old 01-25-2011, 10:47 PM   #45
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Did anyone catch when Jenelle said she had to "babysit" jace? LoL, no, when its your child its not called babysitting, its called parenting . I know she no longer has custody, but still it is her child biologically speaking.

I guess b/c the court order Jenelle isn't aloud to take Jace out alone? Is that right? IDK, I don't see what the big deal was about taking the kid to see the fireworks, her mom could have even said why don't we all go together?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: