Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2011, 11:48 AM   #166
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

The situation between Jo and Kailyn really bothered me.

I'm not a fan of Kailyn but she did not deserve what Jo did to her.

Jo borrowed her money. He should have had the loan in writing with a payment plan. However, Jo gave her the money for school without telling her when she had to pay it back etc. Now that she has a new boyfriend all of a sudden he wants the money back. On top of it to kick her out and keep her stuff and think of denying her access to her child....wow....what a azz. His mother is nasty. I gave her the benefit of the doubt until last night.

The money issue has nothing to do with allowing Kailyn to get her belongings. It also has nothing to do with custody.
The way his mother supported those decisions is sick. How does that benefit the baby? It doesn't.

I hope Kailyn gets into court quick, gets primary custody and gets court ordered child support from Jo.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #167
hereyago
DIS Veteran

I will say this about Kailyn dating: i saw no problem with it, as Gremlin would be doing it too. She wasn't bringing Jordan over and rubbing his face in it. Do i think she should thinking about a guy so soon? no, but I can see where she doesn't feel loved and would seek that out. Yes, it would have been awkward, but here is the thing: no matter if they were together or apart, their job as parents is to CO PARENT. Co parent even if the other is seeing some nasty icky person, you do what is in the best interest of your kid. Love your kid more then you hate your ex. Their "relationship of boyfriend/girlfriend" is no longer, but they will have to deal with each other for their kid for the next 18 or so years.

Gremlin asking the cops about keeping Isaac away from Kaylin, I am sure he didn't realize it at the time, but that can come back and bite him especially with it being on national tv.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #168
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
First off, is there a fainting smiley?

Jennelle: ok, you have no motherly instinct, please just leave and never come back. Jace looking out the front door, that breaks my heart

Chelsea: wang a dang walking in with that smirk, knew he was going to break up with her again on national tv. but he is right, her daddy pays everything for her
Here ya go.. And I agree Jace broke my heart

Quote:
Gremlin-not the cute ones either.
Ok well with that image he is creepy.

[QUOTE=dreamin_disney;40247706] I feel the only positive people for the baby would be Jo's parents.
QUOTE]

ITA
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #169
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Now I am all riled up. lol.

MamaJessie: thank you for the fainty smiley.

Ok, Jennelle: she wanted to get her stuff and apparently sneak the credit card before her DM got home. that is some premeditated stuff.

Gremlin boy: can you imagine if he chose to be stupid and keep Isaac from Kailyn until court, how that would look to the judge? Oh, I would never do it to the mother of my son, but.... you took your son then called Kaylin about going to Jersey. that was a nice heads up. So many times kids get used as a weapon in situations.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #170
tink1978
DIS Veteran

I am going to start with my favs:

Leah/Corey: I love them! Sure, they have some rough spots, but they are trying their absolute best and are definitely caring for their children the way parents are supposed to care for their children. I hope that everything works out for them. I am def glad that Ali's MRI came back ok. I also wondered why the ped didn't send her to a geneticist first thing? I hope that they get their answers (whether they like them or not) so that they know the best things to do for Ali. Any YAY for Ali rolling over!

Jenelle: I am so frustrated with her! Have been from day one! She may love her son (who doesn't love their kids?), but she has no nuturing or mothering skills at all! She thinks kids are cute and fun, but wants no responsibility for them. Her mother, while not the best mom ever, does care about her and Jace and Jenelle should be grateful for this. And Jenelle, I know you want your mom to trust you, but you have to earn it back from her....and this can take YEARS!

Kailyn/Jo: Both are immature when they get upset with one another. Kailyn, I think you should focus more on your baby, job, and school, and not worry about having a boyfriend. Romantic relationships take a lot of time and attention to grow and you don't have time for that right now because you have a baby who needs your time and attention to grow! Refocus!

Chelsea: I feel sorry for her! She is allowing Adam to treat her this way! You need to be more assertive and kick him out! He is a jerk and he is not ever going to treat you the way you should (and want) to be treated. Don't let him do it!

tink1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #171
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
The money issue has nothing to do with allowing Kailyn to get her belongings. It also has nothing to do with custody.
The way his mother supported those decisions is sick. How does that benefit the baby? It doesn't.

I hope Kailyn gets into court quick, gets primary custody and gets court ordered child support from Jo.
I agree - it only has to do with Jo wanting to control her. Or to punish her for seeing someone else.

I follow Kailyn on FB (since she's local) and from her posts it seems like she has half custody if not more. She takes Isaac to daycare while she's in school or at work, so that makes me think she has more than half custody. She refuses to comment on Jo, which is wise, but she does seem happy. She has her own apartment and is still in school full time, still working, and still seeing Jordan. So she does appear to be trying to pull it together.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #172
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
The bolded part, that would have been ideal!

And yeah I also thought why were they sending her for an MRI of the spinal cord to begin with? I'm not a doc, but I thought if anything it maybe neurological and write a script for an MRI of the brain. and I also thought she had very noticeable characteristics that could indicate something else The one leg when she rolled over was curved in such a way and her extremities seem chubbier than her face and her torso.
Exactly. Her leg in that scene was not normal. And it's the funny chubbiness that you described that my husband and I find odd. If her sister were also a chubby baby, fine. BUT, the sister is built nothing at all like that. And now, I am not saying they should be identical, as they are clearly fraternal twins, but my 3 kids, while totally different in every respect, still have the same basic sizes. My youngest is by far the smallest (she's 13 months and 17lbs), but my other 2 weren't huge babies either (my oldest was about 20lbs and my son about 21lbs at 13 months). So it seems to me there would just be some sort of correlation between them, particularly given that they are the same age, living in the same house, eating the same foods, same toys, etc.

ETA: I did think it was crappy that Jo wouldn't give Kailyn her stuff. I mean, just be done with the situation, give her all her stuff, and let her go. He was just being a jerk then, and I get why, cause he's a teenage boy, but it was totally unnecessary. Regarding Kailyn paying him back, I think we can all say that should be a priority for her. Whenever you borrow money it should be a priority to pay that person back. Before you spend money on other misc things, you should be paying that person back. So spending money on dating should come after paying Jo back. Even saving up for her own place, if she owes someone money, you pay that person back. I don't think Kailyn had any intention of paying Jo back in a timely manner and I think he was okay with it when she was living there and not with anyone else, but I think he realized she would never pay him back once she moved out and was with another guy. Still, doesn't give him the right to hold onto her stuff at all.

The thing when Jo went to NJ with the baby, he wasn't doing that to keep him from Kailyn, he just had nowhere else to go after the fight with his parent. He didn't deny Kailyn the right to come visit Issac or come get him. So I don't hold that against him. And she really didn't seem overly concerned about getting him either. Don't get me wrong, I think she loves Issac, but she seems fine handing him over to whomever to babysit.

As for Jo keeping the baby till there is a custody agreement, I honestly don't think it would hurt him too much. My friend is currently getting divorced because her soon-to-be-ex ran off with the kids and hid them from her for 3 weeks, not allowing her to see them, not sending them to school, activities, etc. They went for a temp custody hearing while he still had the kids, and they didn't penalize him. They did the regular custody agreement last month and both parents have split custody, even though he took off with them for weeks and never told her where they were!

Last edited by justhat; 03-09-2011 at 02:15 PM.
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:18 PM   #173
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
I will say this about Kailyn dating: i saw no problem with it, as Gremlin would be doing it too. But he lives with his own parents in their family home. She does not. She was effectively a boarder. She wasn't bringing Jordan over and rubbing his face in it. Do i think she should thinking about a guy so soon? no, but I can see where she doesn't feel loved and would seek that out. Yes, it would have been awkward, but here is the thing: no matter if they were together or apart, their job as parents is to CO PARENT. Co parent even if the other is seeing some nasty icky person, you do what is in the best interest of your kid. Love your kid more then you hate your ex. Their "relationship of boyfriend/girlfriend" is no longer, but they will have to deal with each other for their kid for the next 18 or so years.
To me, Kailyn dating is no different than if Adam were living free off Chelsea while dating other girls. And that's basically what he's been doing and everyone hates him for it. How is this any different? Chelsea's dad is supporting Adam, so dating other girls would be disrespectful. He can live off their parents then. Same with Kailyn.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #174
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
To me, Kailyn dating is no different than if Adam were living free off Chelsea while dating other girls. And that's basically what he's been doing and everyone hates him for it. How is this any different? Chelsea's dad is supporting Adam, so dating other girls would be disrespectful. He can live off their parents then. Same with Kailyn.
I don't think Kailyn should have been dating other boys while living with Jo's parents. They made it clear that they didn't want her to. Their house, their rules. She knew she was breaking their rules and did it anyway. Now Jo, holding her things is wrong in my opinion, give her the stuff and get on with it. There is so much going on in that house!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:47 PM   #175
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

Glad to see that Leah's lil girl is doing better

Janelle....all I can do is shake my head. Sadly she will never be that lil boy's mom, not in the sense of what every child needs from a mom. She was in one of the rag mags and said her and Reefer are not together anymore and her mom was right about him!

Chelsea...Let's hope Adam and her are done...for good. She is right, it is not good for them to be fighting in front of the baby and for that thought she won some brownie points from me!

Kailyn....I can't fault her for having a boyfriend. I think she is looking for love and acceptance where ever she can get it (doesn't seem like she had the best upbringing). Do I think she was right in getting a boyfriend...no, but she is an 18yo girl who is thinking like an 18yo girl. Not really an excuse, but a teen will think like a teen, I'm sure when she gets older she will see the error of her ways. As for Jo...he is a controling ****. He was fine with her working and whatnot when HE wanted to be with her, but when it ended he did nothing to encourage her...just took every shot he could to put her down, called her any name he could. He is a cocky snotface punk. His parents took K in when she had no where else to go and Janet even offered advice to her at times, but Jo is a PUNK. I can see him finding jsut the right girl and using her as a punching bag. I imagine custody issues have been worked out now, and I hope his recent arrest will help her in court.
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #176
MrsPete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes and I agree when I look at Chelsea's house she's got cups, soda cans, tissues plates all over the place in random spots. Then the pile of dishes in the sink and she has an EMPTY hamper in her room but clothes thrown all on the floor.
Yeah, the house is a safety issue. They had one shot last night of the baby sitting on the floor in front of an uncovered electrical outlet with a big long extension cord plugged into it. I was wondering whether she'd stick her finger into the outlet or wrap the cord around herself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_canadian View Post
ADAM -
What the heck is up with Adam saying he cheated on Chelsea 5 times in the preview??? Please kick that guy to the curb
Oh, don't leave out the worst parts: He says EVERYONE cheats, and anyway it's Chelsea's fault because she didn't make him happy enough and he had to look elsewhere.
Quote:
I'm really shocked to read so many people supporting Kailyn wanting to date other guys. She is living in Jo's house! Jo's parents are totally supporting her, Jo paid her college tuition. If she wants to be independent and date other guys, she can move out.
I'm totally with you! It's just common courtesy. They're supporting her, and although it's not exactly a secret that she and Jo aren't going to end up together, there's no need to rub it in their faces that she's trying her best to get away from them.

She has enough to do without a social life. Tough? Yeah, but this girl can't afford the time to do anything except take care of her baby and go to school. Relationships should be at the end of her priority list.
MrsPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #177
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

What was disturbing to me was when Jenelle and Reefer where talking and she said to him … "we have not been apart since we started dating, ever" … OMG, yet her own flesh and blood, she leaves over and over and over again.

Kail, sheesh, what a mess this situation is. I wish she had MOVED OUT all her things before telling Jo about dating Jordan. AND Jo's mother, Janet, living in that big expensive house, should have just said to Jo, that it is only $600.00, forget about it, let her have her things. But nooooo, there has to be a huge drama scene involving the police. I will say FINALLY I applaud Kail's Mom for being there for her.

Chelsea, omg, well, here we go again. LOSER, that is all ADAM is, one nasty loser. She so needs to move on. She has lost so much with him, friends and family.

Leah, I love the little glasses on the baby. So cute. And I am glad as young as Corey and Leah are they are getting the proper medical attention for the baby. I will say watching the previews … ugh … Leah saying maybe she is not ready to marry Corey … ???

KAR

momrek06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #178
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As for Jo keeping the baby till there is a custody agreement, I honestly don't think it would hurt him too much. My friend is currently getting divorced because her soon-to-be-ex ran off with the kids and hid them from her for 3 weeks, not allowing her to see them, not sending them to school, activities, etc. They went for a temp custody hearing while he still had the kids, and they didn't penalize him. They did the regular custody agreement last month and both parents have split custody, even though he took off with them for weeks and never told her where they were!

Judges don't like when one parent uses a kid as a weapon against another parent. Your friend did not have a good lawyer or better yet a judge that was worth anything. And my former boss had an experience like your friend, they weren't married, but she never went for a custody agreement. the guy went and picked the dd up from day care, and hid her for months. but he became very ill and brought her back and by the time custody came around and my boss was stupid enough to help take care of him, he passed away. but in some states, it isn't illegal unless there is a custody agreement in place.

When my now ex husband left, the first thing I did was go file for custody and support, even before the separation/divorce. however, even he wasn't stupid enough to say in public, much less to a officer, and national tv, oh, could i keep my son from her. but since now they will have split custody, they must have had some serious mediation.

the Jersey thing: my thing was, ok he had a fight with his dad. it had nothing to do with Kailyn, he could have called her and said I have to go to Jersey, what do you think would be best for Issac. then to turn around and say, oh I don't know if she would just leave and not say anything.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:03 PM   #179
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starann View Post
He is a cocky snotface punk. Jo is a PUNK.
I think instead of Gremlin for Jo's nickname: snotface punk would be better and I actually like Grinch better then my suggestion as well.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:05 PM   #180
MrsPete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jo really doesn't seem to have a connection to Isaac, he just kind of goes through the motions, sometimes I think that with Kailyn too.
Oh, sure he has a connection to Issac -- in the same way I have a connection to my frying pan, my tennis shoes, or my alarm clock. They are MY things. I bought them. You cannot have them because they are MINE. Even if I'm not using them, they are still MINE and if you want to see them or touch them you'll have to have my permission. If you've made me mad lately, I'll withhold that permission just because I can.

That's how I see him connecting to his son. More as a possession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKi Mouse View Post
The situation between Jo and Kailyn really bothered me.

I'm not a fan of Kailyn but she did not deserve what Jo did to her.

Jo borrowed her money. He should have had the loan in writing with a payment plan. However, Jo gave her the money for school without telling her when she had to pay it back etc. Now that she has a new boyfriend all of a sudden he wants the money back. On top of it to kick her out and keep her stuff and think of denying her access to her child....wow....what a azz. His mother is nasty. I gave her the benefit of the doubt until last night.

Jo needs to recognize that he and Kailyn are forever linked by this child, and helping her get on her feet (with an education) isn't charity or kindness to her on a personal level -- it's assuring that his son will be raised in a home that is financially secure.

He's so set on getting what he's "owed" that he's missing the big picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJessie View Post
I feel the only positive people for the baby would be Jo's parents.
I think they are the MOST positive people in the picture, but they sure did turn nasty over the $600 too. They were clearly on his side, demanding that she bring in some money, which they all know she simply doesn't have -- and totally ignoring the bigger picture that their grandchild could easily be living in a homeless shelter if his mother doesn't get an education. They raised Jo, and it shows. They're kind and considerate . . . until someone does something to raise their hackles.

Actually, I think the baby'd be better off adopted by someone entirely out of this picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I agree - it only has to do with Jo wanting to control her. Or to punish her for seeing someone else.
That's exactly it, and I see that same controlling behavior in his parents. In fact, I suspect that's why he was attracted to Kailyn in the first place. She has no one, no support system, and he could step in and take over her world, really feel as if he is the big man saving his little damsel in distress. When what he really wanted was to have a little woman under his thumb.
MrsPete is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: