Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #151
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
And while Jo has always been a jerk (even before Issac was born), his parents have been incredible to her, taking her in when no one else wanted to and supporting her all this time without any help from her mom.
They have helped, but they were more helping Jo and the baby then they would of her, if there was no baby, she wouldn't be there. I also believe they helped create the jerk that is Jo. They tell them not to fight, they don't want to hear it, but then his Mom is like,dont you want to be with Jo? Heck no. At least Kailyn knows that is some dysfunction between her and Jo and it's not good for Isaac.

And her sex life or date life has nothing to do with them, she isn't cheating. he broke up with her, then wants her back. You don't think he is out getting weed and meeting girls as well? Seriously.

As for Jo lending her the money: you know he is a "victim" telling his brother about not getting money back, but she could have given him money and he would still say crap about her. He is a little control freak and once again, his parents enabled that. talk about it's HIS house. little boy please. calling her and say you were supposed to be home 3 hours ago. Now why does he give her a curfew? she has Isaac, it's not like she was supposed to come home while he went out.

Last edited by hereyago; 03-03-2011 at 01:17 AM.
hereyago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:48 PM   #152
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereyago View Post
They have helped, but they were more helping Jo and the baby then they would of her, if there was no baby, she wouldn't be there. Well of course not. Why would they house his ex-girlfriend? She has her own family who is responsible for that. Granted, her mom (and any other relatives she might have) suck, but it certainly isn't Jo's family's responsibility to pick up their slack. Even the fact that they have a kid together doesn't mean they need to do anything for Kailyn. They could just as easily support their son and grandson and tell Kailyn to find her own way. But they didn't, they were willing to house and feed her. And someone's paying for her cell phone, and I doubt it's her mom given her history.I also believe they helped create the jerk that is Jo. In part they have, as they are his parents. However, they really stuck up for Kailyn during the pregnancy, and really tried to get Jo to shape up.They tell them not to fight, they don't want to hear it, but then his Mom is like,dont you want to be with Jo? Heck no. At least Kailyn knows that is some dysfunction between her and Jo and it's not good for Isaac.

And her sex life or date life has nothing to do with them, she isn't cheating. he broke up with her, then wants her back. You don't think he is out getting weed and meeting girls as well? Seriously. If she chooses to live in their home, it absolutely has something to do with them. They took her in only because she was dating their son and pregnant/mom of their grandson. If she's no longer dating their son, what reason do they have to continue supporting her? Even if she is dating their son, they have zero responsibility to support her. But they did and continued to do so even after Jo and Kailyn broke up. BUT, if she wants to date other guys, then why is she still freeloading off Jo's family? She doesn't pay any rent to them, don't contribute to the food bill, I am sure they help with Issac's needs. Now, if Jo is dating other people, so be it, as he's their son. He's entitled to live with his parents and get their support (as long as they choose to do so anyway, as I believe he's 18 by now). The weed, different story, but I don't think that really relates to them supporting Kailyn so I won't get into that.

As for Jo lending her the money: you know he is a "victim" telling his brother about not getting money back, but she could have given him money and he would still say crap about her. That may be, but point is she hasn't paid him back. And she likely won't. As she's using her money to go out with the new guy and to "save up" for her own place.He is a little control freak and once again, his parents enabled that. talk about it's HIS house. little boy please. calling her and say you were supposed to be home 3 hours ago. Now why does he give her a curfew? she has Isaac, it's not like she was supposed to come home while he went out.
I don't think he's giving her a curfew exactly, I think he just has suspicions that she's with another guy.

I just look at their situation as if he were my son. If I had to take in my son's girlfriend because she's pregnant with their kid and has no home, then I'll do what I have to. But if they break up, and she wants nothing to do with my son, and wants to get out on her own and see other guys, then why should I continue supporting her? No different than if my daughter is pregnant, has her boyfriend move in, then they break up. He should continue being fed, clothed, housed by me while he dates other girls? Let the new girl's family take him in.
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2011, 12:02 AM   #153
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

I think the thing is, if Jo's parents kick Kailyn out they know Isaac is going too and no grandmother would want to see their grandson without a home. They can't kick Kailynn out and say "Isacc has to stay here". BUT at the same time I guess they could say if you are living here we need X amount of money a month.

I don't think either of them should be dating.

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm Possible." ~ Audrey Hepburn

WeLoveLilo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:07 AM   #154
hereyago
DIS Veteran

Jo is the one who broke up with Kailyn, so she doesn't have to tell him her business. And quite honestly, he is a little control freak and it really wouldn't matter if she lived there or not, because he would still be blowing up her phone wondering where she was.

I know control freak when I see one, my friends ex is the spitting image of this kid, my exdh was somewhat of a control freak.

His parents do want Issac to be close to them, however, I do have suspect, they also don't want him to have to pay child support or "Man" up. So he is not better then Kailyn paying for "rent' in the house, he is a spoiled little boy. I mean why is Jo's mom pressing her to be back with him when she herself and her husband know they fight all the time?

Next week she tells him the truth, he tells her to never come to HIS house, to not even be on the same block, right like he HAS that to. then proceeds to call her bad names.

As for the comment about Jo saying Kailyn didn't pay him back. Once again I stand by he wants to be the victim: let me give you an example:

my exdh cheated and left me. I could have taken him back, he asked me to but by this time we had our DD2 and there was no way she would live that kind of chaos. So i told him no.

For SEVERAL gf's he had around my DD, he would also tell them that HE had to talk to ME about not having a bunch of guys around our DD they would tell me what he said and I would laugh and tell them they would find out who the tramp was and it wasn't me. He wanted me to look like the bad guy. that's the reason he woudl say he left, because I was a harlott.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #155
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
I think the thing is, if Jo's parents kick Kailyn out they know Isaac is going too and no grandmother would want to see their grandson without a home. They can't kick Kailynn out and say "Isacc has to stay here". BUT at the same time I guess they could say if you are living here we need X amount of money a month.

I don't think either of them should be dating.
Yes, I'm positive this is 100% their main reason for having Kailyn stay. -I'm sure it'd be any loving Grandparent's main reason. I will say, I don't think they hold their son responsible as much as they should ect. I agree that neither of them need to be dating right now, however I get why Kailyn feels the need to. Really, I'm sure she feels completely alone in the world. She has no family support of her own. She has Jo's parents, but she knows that they are not really there for her, and will always choose Jo first. I wish she'd have enough confidence to realize that she doesn't need to date or be with someone, but really I don't think many ppl. (let alone teen mom's) in her position would.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:41 PM   #156
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

I've had a bunch of people talk to me about this show, especially because one of my friends lives in the same area as Leah, so I decided to check out this thread. I watched the Teen Mom original series (and got totally addicted ) but I've stayed away from this season today.

Then dinner with my SIL last night SHE started talking about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpancake View Post
It appears they live in a smaller town in West Virginia, I can't imagine hospitals in smaller towns having an MRI machine, they are VERY costly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katesorad View Post
As far as the MRI goes, I think that they probably had to go 3 hours away because they live in a very rural area that doesn't have a facility with the proper equipment. That's how the US works unfortunately.
According to my SIL they went to Ruby. Ruby is in Morgantown, it's WVU's teaching hospital. I don't get why though. They live south of Charleston, where WVa's "Women and Children's" hospital is. They are closer to Charleston. I'm totally confused as to why they went to Ruby over CAMC/Women and Children's.

Quote:
My friend lives in WVa and she has to go 2 hours away for specialized medical care for her son too. They just don't have too many facilities in the smaller towns there (or I guess maybe even the larger ones). It's not too highly populated of an area, but there are big cities a few hours away that have great medical centers.
We go to Children's of Pittsburgh, which is about 2.5 hours. Ruby/Morgantown is just about the same drive and we got a lot of flack from people for leaving the state. Even the people in Pittsburgh when we got there asked us why we didn't go to Ruby.
Then I talked to my cousin (a family practitioner) about O's recent issues and he recently graduated from WVU and suggested we skip Ruby entirely and go outside the state if insurance would let us.

I would definitely choose Ruby over Women/Children's in Charleston, though, so maybe Leah made that same decision.

The city I live in has the 3rd largest "hospital system" in the state and cannot do a pediatric MRI under anesthesia. Pittsburgh told me it requires someone specialized in peds to be with him the entire time he's asleep, 1on1.

I didn't realize they put her little girl under for an MRI and as I'll be going through that next week with Owen now I'm not sure if I want to watch it before we go or not. Am I going to completely lose it if I watch?

I've seen snippets of episodes with Janelle and holy heck, she seems like a mess! I agree that her mother doesn't seem to give her a chance though. It's almost sad, but Janelle lets her do it...
Piecey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #157
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

ok....lets dish!

Jenelle: not surprised she totally skipped out on Jayce for a weekend in Jersey with Reefer. She didn't even say bye to him, she really does ignore him and only plays with him and shows him attention when she feels like it.

Leah: happy that her MRI came back normal and that Ali was rolling. I think the glasses did help a little. She really needs to get rid of that Dr. he really has no bedside manners at all. The resident was nice, but that old guy, ilk puke! What did he say? He can't determine if she'll be able to walk she's only 8 months? something like that. While I am sure that is true he was just so nasty about it.

Chelsea: wow....I would have ripped Adam a new one! He wouldn't hold her hand at the fair..really a flag shoulda went up right then and there. hello! And then when he says he cheated on her 5xs like thats normal, like every man does it and like 5 wasn't exactly a lot. She just takes it which is what gets me so mad! YELL AT HIM, SCREAM! SAY GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU LOWLIFE (insert words I cannot say on the dis here). And then he just walks out doesn't even care about aubrey..not that I ever thought he did. And then on the previews he leaves her a message on facebook and she practically GUSHES over it! Really? Delete it and say "jerk" and move on. How could you allow a man like that in and out of your daughter's life? I guess he misses free rent, a bed, a place to play xbox/wii/playstation etc and just mooch off someone else.

And finally...Kailyn: Well as much as I cannot stand her I think Jo was out of line. Calling her the names, saying she is worthless and is no where near where he is financially and stuff. Yeah of course she's not, mommy and daddy don't look for rent from you. All you have to do is pay...what exactly? And not giving her the stuff back? I thought the cops would have told him to the hand the stuff over. I mean he did loan her the money, not like she stole it or said "take my stuff as collateral." I was a little mad @ Jo's mom too. She should have said to her pride and joy son "you live and learn" he let her borrow the money, its HIS problem, not his mommy's. And then he asks the cops about the custody "not like I'd ever do it to her but just wondering if I could keep my son from her (huge grinch smile on Jo's ugly face)" then why even ask? Would you really do that to her? He's gross....garbage. O and then Kailyn's mom finally letting her back in, why didn't she offer before?

Well....yeah team Leah and Corey LoL.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #158
hereyago
DIS Veteran

First off, is there a fainting smiley? cause I almost fainted when Kailyn's mom got all helpful, even calling the cops. Jo:" i don't even want to see you on my block" hilarious. yea, they are going to have fun in court for custody and visitation. Wow, as for the belongings thing, this couldn't happen in my state, she would be considered as a tenant and you cant' throw out or keep belongings.

Jennelle: ok, you have no motherly instinct, please just leave and never come back. Jace looking out the front door, that breaks my heart Keefer: oh yes, your son should be your priority. Ok cool let's go to Jersey. Wonder how Barbara will find out about the credit card, like does the card company call her and say unusual activity from Jersey?

Chelsea: wang a dang walking in with that smirk, knew he was going to break up with her again on national tv. but he is right, her daddy pays everything for her. and the words he called her, oops I would be like", did I somehow put palmolive in your dinner to rinse out the potty mouth?" be blowing bubbles for a week. and waiting for him, call daddy and have him change the locks and see Rico suave trying to come in.

Leah: at least now they can rule out spinal problem and so glad to see the baby turn over. yea, that doctor is kind of um, aloof? maybe the genetics doctor can help.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:24 AM   #159
hereyago
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=WeLoveLilo05;40246726

I guess he misses free rent, a bed, a place to play xbox/wii/playstation etc and just mooch off someone else.

[/QUOTE]

And you know what? another girl has probably taken wang a dang in, because SHE is so much better then Chelsea and HE would never treat her like that

The grinch smile thing about Jo inspired me for a nickname for him: are you ready?

Gremlin-not the cute ones either.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #160
dreamin_disney
DIS Veteran

I'm watching this now. i know many will disagree with me on Jo and kailyn.

Before kailyn had the baby I just thought she whinned to much, very negative and rude. Jo also had a bad attitude but dang kailyn just nagged so much!

After the baby I just felt if it wasnt for jo's family she would be just like her mother -unstable situation like her mother. Even though Jo broke up with her and they let her move into the basement She had a roof over her head for her baby. I think she crossed the line by having a boyfriend doesnt matter if they broke up. While she lives in Jo's parent home she shouldnt have a boyfriend and sneaking around. I feel its very disrespectful and I'd be pissed. I think if Jo had a new girlfriend coming over everyone would think it was wrong. I fill she picked her boyfriend over her kid. The only reason she wanted to move out was so she could be with her boyfriend. How is she going to have 2 jobs and go to school and be there for her kid?????

I dont agree with Jo calling her names or keeping her clothes. I just feel bad for the baby. I feel the only positive people for the baby would be Jo's parents. I wonder if kailyns new boyfriend will stick around now. I kept getting the feeling like she wanted him to say move in with me. Oh and she's already bringing the baby around this new guy i just think its to soon- Jo has every right to be pissed I know i would. I just keep thinking the day he watches and sees this other guy with his kid oh boy!. I think they need to grow up.

Jenelle- Lord help her!!!!!!!!!! She does it to herself. What the heck is she thinking. Her boyfriend is a loser!

Chelsea- she needs some self -esteem! So sad to she that she is willing to be treat like cr ap just for love. Adam is a jerk and needs to be kicked out but he's still there

Corey and Leah -are my favorite. I hope they really make it. I like to see that they are both there for each other ad their girls. Both of their families are supportive.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #161
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And you know what? another girl has probably taken wang a dang in, because SHE is so much better then Chelsea and HE would never treat her like that

The grinch smile thing about Jo inspired me for a nickname for him: are you ready?

and we have a winner!
alright wang adang ~ Adam
Gremilin ~ Jo
Reefer ~ Keefer
and...Corey we'll just give him DoTY ~ Dad of the year lol!

Old 03-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #162
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:

wangadang probably found another girl who doesn't have a kid, lives on her own, he probably mooches off of her now, and I know gross but he does seem like the type that is only interested in 1 thing. So he's probably getting all that elsewhere minus a kid.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #163
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post

Before kailyn had the baby I just thought she whinned to much, very negative and rude. Jo also had a bad attitude but dang kailyn just nagged so much!

After the baby I just felt if it wasnt for jo's family she would be just like her mother -unstable situation like her mother. Even though Jo broke up with her and they let her move into the basement She had a roof over her head for her baby. I think she crossed the line by having a boyfriend doesnt matter if they broke up. While she lives in Jo's parent home she shouldnt have a boyfriend and sneaking around. I feel its very disrespectful and I'd be pissed. I think if Jo had a new girlfriend coming over everyone would think it was wrong. I fill she picked her boyfriend over her kid. The only reason she wanted to move out was so she could be with her boyfriend. How is she going to have 2 jobs and go to school and be there for her kid?????

I dont agree with Jo calling her names or keeping her clothes. I just feel bad for the baby. I feel the only positive people for the baby would be Jo's parents. I wonder if kailyns new boyfriend will stick around now. I kept getting the feeling like she wanted him to say move in with me. Oh and she's already bringing the baby around this new guy i just think its to soon- Jo has every right to be pissed I know i would. I just keep thinking the day he watches and sees this other guy with his kid oh boy!. I think they need to grow up.

Jenelle- Lord help her!!!!!!!!!! She does it to herself. What the heck is she thinking. Her boyfriend is a loser!

Chelsea- she needs some self -esteem! So sad to she that she is willing to be treat like cr ap just for love. Adam is a jerk and needs to be kicked out but he's still there

Corey and Leah -are my favorite. I hope they really make it. I like to see that they are both there for each other ad their girls. Both of their families are supportive.
I think everyone here will agree that both kailyn and jo are immature and out of all the Teen Mom couples (past and present) I think they are the worst! Because BOTH are awful. Yeah Amber isn't role model mom, but I think Gary tries to do what is best for Leah. I really can't stand them both equally LoL. Jo really doesn't seem to have a connection to Isaac, he just kind of goes through the motions, sometimes I think that with Kailyn too. She whines and complains way too much. Jo(AKA Gremlin) just annoys me because he walks around like he is "Mr. Successful". No Jo, YOU are not successful. YOUR parents, yeah they support you still, they support Isaac and your ex. I'm not really sure what you do except get arrested for possession of marijuana.

I don't think either should be dating, but at the same time I don't think Jo's parents should be preaching to her that she cannot date while living in their house. Did they say this to Jo? But I do agree with Jo's parents, could you imagine if she got pregnant by this guy? Oy! bigger mess!

What Jo's parents SHOULD have done was this...
Although it is nice they they were allowing both to stay and live rent free they should have asked for a modest amount of money monthly like as if they were living on their own and paying rent, from both Jo and Kailyn (IDK maybe $100 a month?). Jo and Kailyn pay for their needs (car, insurance, clothes, gas, diapers, isaac's things, etc) themselves. So this way its not such a shock when they go out into the real world and see how much everything is. And if they want to help out then pick Isaac up a package of diapers or a case of formula each week. Or an outfit every once in a while. IDK...thats just what I think.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #164
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamin_disney View Post

I completely agree with you. And what you said regarding Kailyn and Jo is exactly what I've been trying to articulate all along. If she wanted to move on from Jo and start a new relationship, fine, but then move out. Don't use Jo's parents. They have NO obligation to her at all, so if their rules are no dating, then you abide or get out. They didn't put up a sign in town advertising free room and board for random teen girl. They weren't looking to house anyone for free for at least a year. They took her in only because she was having their grandchild and they felt sorry for her and the baby having nowhere to go. They just as easily could have just had the baby there when he was visiting Jo (say a 50-50 custody agreement) and not cared where Kailyn was at all, nor where the baby went the other half the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveLilo05 View Post
I think everyone here will agree that both kailyn and jo are immature and out of all the Teen Mom couples (past and present) I think they are the worst! Because BOTH are awful. Yeah Amber isn't role model mom, but I think Gary tries to do what is best for Leah. I really can't stand them both equally LoL. Jo really doesn't seem to have a connection to Isaac, he just kind of goes through the motions, sometimes I think that with Kailyn too. She whines and complains way too much. Jo(AKA Gremlin) just annoys me because he walks around like he is "Mr. Successful". No Jo, YOU are not successful. YOUR parents, yeah they support you still, they support Isaac and your ex. I'm not really sure what you do except get arrested for possession of marijuana.

I don't think either should be dating, but at the same time I don't think Jo's parents should be preaching to her that she cannot date while living in their house. Did they say this to Jo? But I do agree with Jo's parents, could you imagine if she got pregnant by this guy? Oy! bigger mess!

What Jo's parents SHOULD have done was this...
Although it is nice they they were allowing both to stay and live rent free they should have asked for a modest amount of money monthly like as if they were living on their own and paying rent, from both Jo and Kailyn (IDK maybe $100 a month?). Jo and Kailyn pay for their needs (car, insurance, clothes, gas, diapers, isaac's things, etc) themselves. So this way its not such a shock when they go out into the real world and see how much everything is. And if they want to help out then pick Isaac up a package of diapers or a case of formula each week. Or an outfit every once in a while. IDK...thats just what I think
I couldn't agree more. That would have been an excellent plan. And really, since Jo's parents don't seem to "need" the rent money, they could have put it aside for the kids and then when they were ready to move out give it back to them as start up money (security deposit on an apt, furniture, whatever). Or better yet, set it aside in an acct for Issac as gosh knows those 2 aren't going to prepare for his future.

Regarding Leah's dr, honestly, he just sounds like a moron. My husband is a physician and all along he's been wondering why no one sent them to a geneticist when it appears that the baby has something obviously wrong with her between her eyes, the way her leg turns on, not bearing weight, not meeting developmental milestones, and the fact that she is so, so much chubbier than her sister, but in a funny way. Her pediatrician should have noticed these things and sent her to specialists long ago. And the MRI of her spine? That just seems pointless as with her many issues, it would make more sense that it's a neurological issue rather than a spinal cord problem. The eye dr seemed to have more sense than anyone else.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #165
WeLoveLilo05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I completely agree with you. And what you said regarding Kailyn and Jo is exactly what I've been trying to articulate all along. If she wanted to move on from Jo and start a new relationship, fine, but then move out. Don't use Jo's parents. They have NO obligation to her at all, so if their rules are no dating, then you abide or get out. They didn't put up a sign in town advertising free room and board for random teen girl. They weren't looking to house anyone for free for at least a year. They took her in only because she was having their grandchild and they felt sorry for her and the baby having nowhere to go. They just as easily could have just had the baby there when he was visiting Jo (say a 50-50 custody agreement) and not cared where Kailyn was at all, nor where the baby went the other half the time.

I couldn't agree more. That would have been an excellent plan. And really, since Jo's parents don't seem to "need" the rent money, they could have put it aside for the kids and then when they were ready to move out give it back to them as start up money (security deposit on an apt, furniture, whatever). Or better yet, set it aside in an acct for Issac as gosh knows those 2 aren't going to prepare for his future.

Regarding Leah's dr, honestly, he just sounds like a moron. My husband is a physician and all along he's been wondering why no one sent them to a geneticist when it appears that the baby has something obviously wrong with her between her eyes, the way her leg turns on, not bearing weight, not meeting developmental milestones, and the fact that she is so, so much chubbier than her sister, but in a funny way. Her pediatrician should have noticed these things and sent her to specialists long ago. And the MRI of her spine? That just seems pointless as with her many issues, it would make more sense that it's a neurological issue rather than a spinal cord problem. The eye dr seemed to have more sense than anyone else.
The bolded part, that would have been ideal!

And yeah I also thought why were they sending her for an MRI of the spinal cord to begin with? I'm not a doc, but I thought if anything it maybe neurological and write a script for an MRI of the brain. and I also thought she had very noticeable characteristics that could indicate something else The one leg when she rolled over was curved in such a way and her extremities seem chubbier than her face and her torso.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: