Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
sapereaude
Mouseketeer

prepaid photopass CD question

Ok, the last time I was at disney I did the prepaid photopass CD, loved it. I remembered at the time it didn't really matter when you prepaid, just that you did it before you checked out. I'm on day 3 of our disney trip and was thinking of going online to look at our photopass pics so far and so I looked up the CD info first and DIS says that only pictures taken after you prepay for the CD will be included. Is this true? Am I doomed now to pay an extra $50? I haven't added the new photopass cards to my account yet. Anyone know if I could still prepay and get the CD even though I've already had 3 days worth of pictures taken?
sapereaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #2
sapereaude
Mouseketeer

Ok, so from mousesavers: (http://www.mousesavers.com/otherwdw.html#photopass)

Quote:
Pre-order your PhotoCD and save $50! It costs only $99.95 through this link.

PhotoCD only includes photos taken after purchase of this offer. Photos within your Disney’s PhotoPass account prior to this purchase are not included. Thanks to Andrea G for info.
So I guess my question is this, since I have not added any photos to my photopass account yet, I have the cards, but they are not yet tied to my account, but pictures have been taken, can I still preorder the CD then add the photopasses to my account and have it work?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Well, it is completely refundable...........

I honestly can't believe they can figure out how to exclude 3 days worth of photos from your trip, but who knows! I was able several years ago to do what you said. An offer came out while I was gone, so I just didn't log on and look at any photos until I got home. I bought the deal, waited a few days, then signed up and loaded the photos for the first time. No problem. But now that this is a standing deal (at least it has been for some time now again) maybe they've found a way to close that loophole. I did buy mine well in advance this time. I wanted to be sure they didn't discontinue the special offer on me.

Good luck!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
Fenchurch
The Turtle Moves

I realize this may be a bit late for OP, but may help others who search and find this thread. Here's what happened to me in Oct 2010:

We went on our wonderful trip. I hadn't pre-purchased the CD because I thought that had been discontinued unless you got an email offer. When I returned and went to the website to upload my pics, I saw that the offer was back and for available to everyone! I purchased it and got the code. A few days later I entered the codes from our photopass cards and claimed all of my pics, and used my code to order the cd.

A couple of weeks later, when I realized I hadn't gotten my cd, I sent an email to check up on it's progress. I got a very nice email back to let me know that, according to the rules, I had purchased the prepaid cd on x date but my pictures had been taken between x and x dates (prior to the prepurchase), so technically I had violated the rules. Yes, they went by the dates the pictures were taken, not when I claimed them. Luckily, they went ahead and processed my order and sent my cd without charging me the difference between the prepurchase price and the regular price. (I would have paid the difference if they'd asked, but I guess I got a little "magic" and they let me slide.)

So be aware, the rules are that the prepaid CD is supposed to be purchased before any pictures are taken!

*January 2012 SSR - Marathon!**November 2011 CSR*
*May 2011 Pop - Expedition Everest Challenge!**October 2010 BC**October 2010 SSR - F&W Half Marathon!*
*May 2010 Pop**Jan 2010 Poly**Nov 2009 WL**May 2009 CB**March 2009 GF*
*March 2008 Pop**Sept 2007 Sports**Sept 2006 Music**March 2006 Movies*
Fenchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:04 PM   #5
sapereaude
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenchurch View Post
I realize this may be a bit late for OP, but may help others who search and find this thread. Here's what happened to me in Oct 2010:

We went on our wonderful trip. I hadn't pre-purchased the CD because I thought that had been discontinued unless you got an email offer. When I returned and went to the website to upload my pics, I saw that the offer was back and for available to everyone! I purchased it and got the code. A few days later I entered the codes from our photopass cards and claimed all of my pics, and used my code to order the cd.

A couple of weeks later, when I realized I hadn't gotten my cd, I sent an email to check up on it's progress. I got a very nice email back to let me know that, according to the rules, I had purchased the prepaid cd on x date but my pictures had been taken between x and x dates (prior to the prepurchase), so technically I had violated the rules. Yes, they went by the dates the pictures were taken, not when I claimed them. Luckily, they went ahead and processed my order and sent my cd without charging me the difference between the prepurchase price and the regular price. (I would have paid the difference if they'd asked, but I guess I got a little "magic" and they let me slide.)

So be aware, the rules are that the prepaid CD is supposed to be purchased before any pictures are taken!
Thanks for the clarification! I'm really mad that I didn't remember to do it beforehand! Oh well. We take full advantage of the photopass when we are there, so its worth it anyway to me.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: