Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
idkjade
DCP Hopeful

Red face Eyes and Ears Magazine?

I'm majoring in English, and I really want to get into editing or copy editing for books, magazines, newspapers, etc.

Just recently I've joined my Literary & Visual Arts Magazine, where I'd be a Staff Editor (and possibly a copy editor).

For the past year-ish I've been going back and forth about what I want to do (career wise). Because I love, love, love Disney but I also love my major and I love the jobs I could go into with it. I wanted to be able to do the DCP, but I always figured if I'm going down there as an English Major...what's the point of doing it?

But anyway, recently a thought occurred to me, and I need some help with this. I know the Cast Members (and local Orlando folk?) get an Eyes and Ears Magazine. If I could be able to work on that...that would be pretty amazing. If I could be and editor or copyeditor of some sort. That way I'd be combining my love of Disney with my love of English.

Only problem is, I really don't know how Eyes and Ears works. So...here are my questions!

1) Do you HAVE to be a Cast Member to work on the magazine?
2) Do the people who put it together get paid, or is it a "just for fun" thing?
3) How available are jobs with Eyes and Ears? (I understand I'd probably have to work my way up in a environment like that)

Thanks so much!
Have a magical day!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Eyes and Ears is the internal newsletters for Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members.

It is a publication of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Internal Communications, a division of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Public Affairs based out of Glendale, Calif., with regional teams at the Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and Disney Cruise Line.

It is a publication that is prepared for Disney Cast Members, Crew Members and Imagineers by a dedicated team of Disney Cast Members, Crew Members and Imagineers.

Opportunities are fairly limited, given the relatively small size of the department. However, as needed, opportunities would be posted on http://www.disneycareers.com/.

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..

Last edited by glendalais; 01-14-2011 at 06:25 AM.
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
idkjade
DCP Hopeful

Thank you!
If anyone else has any other information about Eyes and Ears they wanna share, please poosst!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: