Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #181
gabby99girl
Earning My Ears
 
gabby99girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Daphne, Alabama
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterpop View Post
I had these done earlier today and I thought I posted them, but I don't know what happened....

Anyway, here you go.







Evan - thank you so much! That was the finishing touch. Today I will be printing out the passports and bringing them to be bound. I can't wait to get the finished project. I'll be sure to post pics when everything is done so you can see how fantastic your work looks!!! Thanks again!! Marcelle
__________________
(me) (DH) (DD) 13(DD) 8

POP CENTURY 9-20-11 - 9-25-11
All Star Movies 9-26-09 - 10-02-09
USF/IOA 8-5-12 - 8-10-12
gabby99girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #182
otterpop
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby99girl View Post
Evan - thank you so much! That was the finishing touch. Today I will be printing out the passports and bringing them to be bound. I can't wait to get the finished project. I'll be sure to post pics when everything is done so you can see how fantastic your work looks!!! Thanks again!! Marcelle
Great! Please post; I haven't actually seen what these look like in printed form. Making these and seeing them on the computer screen is one thing, but seeing actual photos of the final product is another!

Glad you like them!

Evan
otterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #183
sluna77
Mouseketeer
 
sluna77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 134

Wow!!! Great Designs!!!
__________________
~~ SABRINA ~~



ME DH DS(2) DS(4) DS(12) DBro(14)

1st Disney Cruise - Disney Wonder Jan 24, 2013
1st Walt Disney World Vacation - Pop Century April 2008



sluna77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #184
mkwj
Mouseketeer
 
mkwj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 256

Hi I sent you a pm about my id's. Also can you please make two of these in 5x7. Thanks so much. I am not sure if this is the right link. I want the front cover of the passport with the names
Bryce
Karly


http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/...tCover2011.jpg
__________________
Kristen
Me: DH DS (7) DD (5)
mkwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #185
otterpop
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 628

Here you go...






[QUOTE=mkwj;42393224]Hi I sent you a pm about my id's. Also can you please make two of these in 5x7. Thanks so much. I am not sure if this is the right link. I want the front cover of the passport with the names
Bryce
Karly
otterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #186
jendan2002
Minnie's Red Polka Dots
 
jendan2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 46

Hello,

I sent you a PM about two ids. Thank you in advance for them.

Also, would you please personalize the 5x7 2011 cover with Kayleigh and the 4X6 2011 cover with Jeannie.

Thanks again!!
__________________
MinnieMo
jendan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #187
jendan2002
Minnie's Red Polka Dots
 
jendan2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 46

ArtsCow Photo Books

Hello,

I am trying to create an artscow photo book with your 4X6 and 5X7 images and am having a very hard time getting the images to fit on the 6x6 book. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
__________________
MinnieMo
jendan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #188
otterpop
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendan2002 View Post
Hello,

I sent you a PM about two ids. Thank you in advance for them.

Also, would you please personalize the 5x7 2011 cover with Kayleigh and the 4X6 2011 cover with Jeannie.

Thanks again!!
Please check your PM's....

Here's the one for Kayleigh. The bad news is, is that I can't really do one for Jeannie in the 4x6 size (there's no place to really personalize that cover; I honestly never thought of personalizing the covers when I made them and I just lucked out that the the 5x7 could be personalized).

otterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #189
otterpop
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 628

You can't fit a rectangle into a square!

The image sizes can only be used for the same proportionally sized photobooks. For example a 4x6 image can be used for a 5x7 photobook and visa versa. If you really wanted to, you could use those sizes of images in a 6x6 book, but you would end up white bars (space) above and below the image for each page. Think of how a movie shows up in widescreen on your tv...you have black bars along the top and bottom of the movie.

Sorry...not all sizes are created equal!

Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendan2002 View Post
Hello,

I am trying to create an artscow photo book with your 4X6 and 5X7 images and am having a very hard time getting the images to fit on the 6x6 book. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!
otterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #190
jendan2002
Minnie's Red Polka Dots
 
jendan2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 46

Thank you very much for helping me with my projects!!!
__________________
MinnieMo
jendan2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #191
otterpop
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 628

You're welcome! Have a great trip.

Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendan2002 View Post
Thank you very much for helping me with my projects!!!
otterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #192
otterpop
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 628

New Passport!

I'm slowly working on another passport and I thought I would share what I have completed so far. This passport is being made to somewhat mimic what a current real USA passport looks like. It is also being designed specifically (although another format version might be made down the road) to be printed by artscow using their 4x4 deluxe photobook option (http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/d...k-20-pages-634). The 4x4 deluxe photobook can print 32 total pages, unlike their larger deluxe photobook versions, which can only do 20. Also, this one might be a little bit "pricey" to have made, as I figure it will be about $24 plus shipping (without any deals/specials, but it seems like artscow always has some special going on). I will post new pages as I completed them, but it will probably span over a few months. There will probably be another "intro" page with the Epcot map on it, all of the country pages, and then one or two "closing" pages.

Hope you like!

Evan


Front and Back Cover:


Pages 1 and 2:


Pages 3 and 4 (passport ID page):


Example country page:

Last edited by otterpop; 03-28-2012 at 03:23 PM.
otterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:23 PM   #193
jjk3
Mouseketeer
 
jjk3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 120

Front and Back Cover 10x10 Pages

Evan - I think your stuff is awesome. Thank you so much for your time and effort.

This is my first effort at making personalized autograph books for my daughters so if I have missed something I apologize.

I looked through your pages (as well as those indicated at 8x8 on the "A Simple Guide..." thread) and I can't seem to find a back page (and spine?) picture.

I was hoping you could make two personalized covers for me. I believe you named the photo "Back7" (Cinderella's Castle through the clouds). Is that a front cover? And does it have a corresponding "mate" for the back/front? I would like that photo for both covers with the following titles in "Disney" script if possible:

"Gillian's Autographs 2011"
"Piper's Autographs 2011"

Thank you very much for your time. Your passports look awesome but we are just sticking with auto books for now. I really appreciate your help.
__________________
jjk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #194
otterpop
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 628

I hope this is what you were thinking of....I do not have a "matching" back cover, so I included just a blank background that you could possibly use...

Hope these are okay...please let me know!

Evan








Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk3 View Post
Evan - I think your stuff is awesome. Thank you so much for your time and effort.

This is my first effort at making personalized autograph books for my daughters so if I have missed something I apologize.

I looked through your pages (as well as those indicated at 8x8 on the "A Simple Guide..." thread) and I can't seem to find a back page (and spine?) picture.

I was hoping you could make two personalized covers for me. I believe you named the photo "Back7" (Cinderella's Castle through the clouds). Is that a front cover? And does it have a corresponding "mate" for the back/front? I would like that photo for both covers with the following titles in "Disney" script if possible:

"Gillian's Autographs 2011"
"Piper's Autographs 2011"

Thank you very much for your time. Your passports look awesome but we are just sticking with auto books for now. I really appreciate your help.
otterpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:41 AM   #195
Krisscot
Mouseketeer
 
Krisscot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 257

Passport ID page

Hi I just sent you a pm with some info. Thanks again!!!
__________________
Krisscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: