Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2011, 09:36 AM   #106
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I got an email the other day that had a link to order the new cruise DVD...I think I'll do it as a potty-training incentive. "Henry if you potty train we can go on this boat!"
OK, I just have to share this. My Aunt Jeanne paid for 39 members of our family to go on a family reunion cruise. At the time, my boys loved the kids program. Kids have to be potty trained to leave them. Ben had been doing pretty well so far. But one afternooon we got a page from the kids club - It was a "Code Brown". Yes, that's what they actually called it!
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #107
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Oh Sheree your trip is going to be here before you know it!! Your FE gifts sound so wonderful!! All this cruise talk really really makes me want to go on one!!! They sound like they are a blast!!!

The pillowcase idea sounds fabulous!!!! I'm sure the girls will love it!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #108
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

You're getting closer! I really like the pillowcase idea. Our autograph books are packed away as well.

Just me and my girla very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #110
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

The pillowcases sound like a great idea!!! That will be something they can use for a long time after, remembering their wonderful vacation!

And laying around on the beach for an afternoon sounds heavenly. Mocha in hand, watching the waves. Yep, sounds pretty darn good!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:06 AM   #111
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I really need to stop reading peoples ideas...I keep shopping! Thanks to you!!!!...I went on Etsy and searched for pillowcases. They are so cute. I am amazed at some of them. I ended up ordering one. It's the most I ever spent on a pillow case, thats for sure. But I think it will be great to have as a momento. I didn't realize that they had such cute customized ones.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 AM   #112
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am curious about the FE, too. I would definitely need to order one. Making my own would be a lesson in frustration.

Your plans are shaping up so nicely and March is just around the bend. Can't wait to hear more about your preparations!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #113
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Your trip is getting so close! I bet you and DH are just about to burst keeping this secret, I know I would be!

Your gifts for the FE exchange sound great. I think I'm leaning towards not doing the one on our cruise, I just can't come up with an idea that I like AND that I can implement. I still have a bit of time to make up my mind though.

The link that I gave you for the navigators is part of a FANTASTIC TR, lots of great info and pictures, check it out when you have time
Oh that is so cool! I love seeing the navigators!! Thank you! It's really hard not talking about it. But, we're getting close, so I think I can make it. I just hope they don't discover the stuff around the house or that's coming in the mail!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
If truth be told I bet there is a little skip in your step, too, as you count down the days, Sheree!

Do we get to see pics of the FE, pillowcases, and magnets? I hope so! I would love to see what they look like!
I'm just bouncing around lately!! I am having a tough time with work and being so busy! It doesn't allow me enough time to DIS or plan or daydream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
A day for just hanging out relaxing at Castaway Cay sounds lovely.

It also sounds very warm and inviting on this 12 degree snow day morning.

I have been hearing about the adventure/missions, too. Sounds like much fun for the kids.
Yeah, I'm thinking after our busy Nassau day, we'll just want to relax, explore the ship and take lots of pictures!! We actually had a warm up - it was 45 degrees today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OK, I just have to share this. My Aunt Jeanne paid for 39 members of our family to go on a family reunion cruise. At the time, my boys loved the kids program. Kids have to be potty trained to leave them. Ben had been doing pretty well so far. But one afternooon we got a page from the kids club - It was a "Code Brown". Yes, that's what they actually called it!
Dee, that is TOO FUNNY!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Oh Sheree your trip is going to be here before you know it!! Your FE gifts sound so wonderful!! All this cruise talk really really makes me want to go on one!!! They sound like they are a blast!!!

The pillowcase idea sounds fabulous!!!! I'm sure the girls will love it!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!!
You should look into a cruise Jen -there is so much to do, the food is great (at least the early reports from the Dream are glowing!) and it's so relaxing. They have a great spa onboard, and they just take such good care of everyone! I'm really psyched about the pillowcases and all the surprises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
You're getting closer! I really like the pillowcase idea. Our autograph books are packed away as well.
Thanks - it's certainly not my original idea! You could do it at the parks too I'm sure. or you could do a hat, a t-shirt. Just use fabric markers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Here is a link to 3 day Navigators

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2651600

Also if you could PM the Etsy info with the cruise pillowcases. I think that sounds neat.
Jen - Thanks for the link!! I'm really excited to see that 5:00 show, so we could go to that and do Palo and not miss any dining rotations!!!
I see below you found the Etsy stuff. Stitches N Bows was our seller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The pillowcases sound like a great idea!!! That will be something they can use for a long time after, remembering their wonderful vacation!

And laying around on the beach for an afternoon sounds heavenly. Mocha in hand, watching the waves. Yep, sounds pretty darn good!
Yeah, every time they see them they will have (hopefully) wonderful memories.
Oh, I cannot wait to hit that beach!!!Even though it's "warmed" up here, It's still winter. For at least another 6 weeks. We may not see grass for 2 months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I really need to stop reading peoples ideas...I keep shopping! Thanks to you!!!!...I went on Etsy and searched for pillowcases. They are so cute. I am amazed at some of them. I ended up ordering one. It's the most I ever spent on a pillow case, thats for sure. But I think it will be great to have as a momento. I didn't realize that they had such cute customized ones.
Sorry! I said the same thing about the $ on the pillowcases!! But it's just so cool!! I tend to justify spending money on these trips and anything that goes with it by it being a special thing to make memories. It's worth it to me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am curious about the FE, too. I would definitely need to order one. Making my own would be a lesson in frustration.

Your plans are shaping up so nicely and March is just around the bend. Can't wait to hear more about your preparations!
Thanks Mary Ellen! The FE just seemed too involved to me to make a really nice one. DH and I agreed, that if I tried, I would spend twice as much as buying it, because I'd need to have a lot of "do overs"! Plus my time and frustration was worth a LOT of money to me! LOL! There seemed to be quite a few people selling them, so it was nice and easy to get one made.

Well, I survived my scrapbooking weekend. So did my family and house!! HA! It was TONS of fun and I did make some progress in the girls' scrapbooks. Not as much as I'd have hoped, but hanging out and drinking sounded better last night. It was WAY fun!! So it's back to reality and work, school, cookies etc.

I don't get too worked up about Valentine's Day, but I'd like to wish you all
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #114
Monny2AE
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed your scrap weekend! I need one of those soon! I'm so far behind and it always seems like I'll never catch up.

Oh and thanks by the way...I'm loving that etsy seller! Such cute stuff! Don't tell DH I'm shopping already for our October trip... She has an adorable Halloween sweatshirt on there and since this will be our first MNSSHP I just might need to order it!

Monny2AE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:45 PM   #115
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I see that StichesNbows has some REALLY cute stuff.
I got mine from The Southern Pineapple. She also has several cute things
Old 02-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #116
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I got my FE hanger on Ebay. It was really cute and shipped from China....
I'll have to take a look there and see if they still have them. It as Mickey and Minnie on it....

Didn't see what I have but found this....
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Pocket-Minnie-...item3364c6e54e

I'll keep looking.

OK, just go to Ebay and look for fish extender
There are several.

Last edited by wigdoutdismom; 02-13-2011 at 08:59 PM.
wigdoutdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #118
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I got my FE on ebay as well. Mine was only $6.12 and FREE shipping!! It's not the cutest one, but for the price, it is great. I searched Mickey pocket (or pocket Mickey) to find it.
We only have about 8 or 9 families right now in our exchange, and I loke it small like that. I have 9 bags made up, if we add more to our group, I'll have to make up something new for others because I am out of the stuff I bought for these. LOL!
Old 02-14-2011, 03:44 PM   #119
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm skipping individual replies. Too lazy and in a hurry. (i'm supposed to be working)

Yeah, her stuff is really cute, a bit pricey though. It was worth it to me!!

We have 19 in our group, which is plenty!! I think in the last one, it was more like 12.

I should post a link for you all to see the pictures. I'll try to remember, or else I'll take pictures when we get them. I told her I needed them by 3/1. I hope it will come a bit sooner so I don't have to panic!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 AM   #120
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'd love to see pics or a link!!!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: