Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #136
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I was thinking that the boys were too old for the pillowcases but if Miss Anita is getting one for Baylor...maybe not....

Hmmnnn.
Well, they still sleep on pillows, right? That would be my justification.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:44 PM   #137
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I really think there are times that if we had our autograph book, Baylor would ask for an autograph....

I'm not so sure Baylor will take his Disney pillow to sleep overs but I know he will love having it!

wigdoutdismom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2011, 02:06 PM   #139
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Love the cruise stuff! Just ordered the pillow case for Baylor! Waiting on the FE, might be ordering another because we just might have someone else joining us for the cruise if DCL will allow us one more in the stateroom.
I'm also anxious to see your FE gifts. I need to get busy on ours. I need ideas!
Good luck with adding someone. I've never tried to do that. I sure hope our pillowcases and FE come this week! DH is getting ansty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I've been told you can't add a person unless you make a whole new reservation.
I know not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The walk from SSR to DTD (or the boat!) is so nice! Enjoy! And the grounds at the resort are amazing. I enjoyed walking on the path along the river. It's beautiful and so relaxing.

I look forward to pics of all your stuff!
Oh, good! I'm really looking forward to some exploring. We need to investigate for future DVC add ons (distant future).

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
WHAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!! I didn't know you had started a PTR!!! Sorry I am so late!! Going to catch up now

Tracy
Sorry, I would have sent a formal invite, but I can't keep track of who is here and everywhere else I seem to be subscribed to! Glad you finally made it!!

Quote:
CUTE FE and Pillowcase! I've officially signed up to do the FE on our cruise but will wait to see if she can do any of the Alaska "ear flap" designs for our FE before I order. If not, I think I have figured out what I want. She's checking though and that would be awfully cute if she can.

I was thinking that the boys were too old for the pillowcases but if Miss Anita is getting one for Baylor...maybe not....

Hmmnnn.
You're never too old for autographs! And it's better than standing in line! We did mats for picture frames one year too. We got them big enough for an 8x10 opening and then picked out some good pictures from the cruise. Instant souvenir!

Quote:
Good point, Miss Jackie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I really think there are times that if we had our autograph book, Baylor would ask for an autograph....

I'm not so sure Baylor will take his Disney pillow to sleep overs but I know he will love having it!
Oh, he will love it! A personalized souvenir? Heck, I want one!

Quote:
That they do....hmmnnn....I smell an enabler....
That, my friend, is what we're here for!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #140
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

So we drove to Mall of America on Sunday in a blizzard to go to the Disney Store and buy our park tickets!!! Yup, we're crazy! You'd be amazed at how crowded the mall was considering the weather and travel advisories!!
We had some gift cards from Christmas and also a bunch of Visa rewards and applied them to the ticket costs. So we saved over $200!! Yes, this means we are NOT getting APs. If only we'd known back in July we'd be coming back, but alas, no.
So while the girls and I went next door to Justice to buy summer clothes, DH bought the tickets and pre-ordered Tangled too!

Then yesterday, DH called and added DINING!! We have QSDP for our first night and DDP for the remaining 4 nights. This way, we get the mugs (here's hoping they're different) and don't have to plan so much for Sunday. We planned 5 ADRs and will pay OOP for one. I'll fill you in on all the ADR details soon.

I noticed today on Disney's site that park hours are EXPANDED during our week. MK is open til 1 a.m. a few nights!!! That's NOT EMH either! I guess it will be crowded. We might sleep in and go later or go back to the resort more often in the afternoons.

So on Monday 3/14, we will be moving from SSR to AKL. What else should we do?
I'm thinking DHS, since it wasn't in our initial plans, but Sarah always gets excited when she sees the commercials with TSMM in it. So we might go over there, hit TSMM, and try to get the Cowboy on GMR! I plan to go to the Writer's Stop and get a yummy coffee drink on the recommendation of one of you! (eandesmom?)We don't do ToT or RnR, so we'll just hang out for a while and do whatever strikes our fancy.

Then we'l head back to AKL and unpack once our room is ready. We have dinner ADR at Boma at 5:45!! We are very excited to go back there!! After dinner, we have no idea what we'll do. Maybe hang at the resort, maybe go back to DHS, but I doubt it. I'm hoping they have some cool activities for the kids at the resort during times we're actually there! They love crafts!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 AM   #141
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for having tickets, saving money on them, AND adding the dining plan! I wonder what the mugs look like this year. Are they still the same as last year?
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #142
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Yay on saving money on park tickets!
I love that DVC members don't have to add for the whole stay. It makes it so much easier!
Writer's Stop is great! I love sitting at one of the tables by the window and sipping a latte.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #143
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hurray for having tickets, saving money on them, AND adding the dining plan! I wonder what the mugs look like this year. Are they still the same as last year?
It was fun to cross a few things of the perpetual list!!
The last few threads on the boards seem to indicate the same mugs - the red ones. I hope there's something new. I got 4 of those last time with the DxDP. We use a couple of them, but I had to box up so many mugs and water bottles!! The mugs are really better for cold drinks. The hot ones don't stay hot for long. Luckily, you can put them in the microwave! I have a "where dreams come true" mug today and just warmed up my coffee in it (I'm sure you real coffee drinkers think I'm crazy).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
Yay on saving money on park tickets!
I love that DVC members don't have to add for the whole stay. It makes it so much easier!
Writer's Stop is great! I love sitting at one of the tables by the window and sipping a latte.
I think that's a great perk for DVC. Especially because now that Sarah will be 10, we are not sure the DDP is such a good deal for her. Having it for part of the time will be better. We'll see what she eats this trip - but most of our meals are buffet. The other perk of DVC is we don't have to pay "peak season" rates for the DDP!! Saved some more $$ there!

Oh, I'm glad you like Writer's Stop. I'll have to find it for sure! I love my mochas!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 PM   #144
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Yay for park tickets!!!!

It's so weird being that I've been to the MoA a bazillion times that I can picture EXACTLY where you were. And WOOT for saving some money!

I really hope they have new mugs too. I've only heard reports of the red ones, BUT, then I was an another board and someone spied some in the back. I have no idea if they were just spinning a tale or what...but there is hope!

I bet you can't wait to escape that crazy snow there this year.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #145
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I think that's a great perk for DVC. Especially because now that Sarah will be 10, we are not sure the DDP is such a good deal for her. Having it for part of the time will be better. We'll see what she eats this trip - but most of our meals are buffet. The other perk of DVC is we don't have to pay "peak season" rates for the DDP!! Saved some more $$ there!

Oh, I'm glad you like Writer's Stop. I'll have to find it for sure! I love my mochas!
I love how the DDP can be added for DVC reservations. And I love not paying peak season rates!!!

I think the DDP is hit or miss with kids. My cousin went last year and is considered a Disney adult at 10 yrs old. He doesn't eat much and preferred the kids meals. My 7 yr old nephew doesn't like the offerings on the kids menus. Buffets are so much easier!

Writer's Stop is a hidden gem at DHS. It's such a great place to get coffee and just relax for a few.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #146
Northern Disney Girl
DIS Veteran

Good news for you Sheree!! I just saw a thread over on the resort board that says the new mugs are out!!! Pink, yellow and blue handles and they are CUTE!!! Check out the pictures on the first page of the thread!!!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #147
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

You got a bunch done! You're getting close Sheree.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #148
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Disney Girl View Post
Good news for you Sheree!! I just saw a thread over on the resort board that says the new mugs are out!!! Pink, yellow and blue handles and they are CUTE!!! Check out the pictures on the first page of the thread!!!
Ooh, thanks Kimmy!!! They are cute!! We're gonna get new mugs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
You got a bunch done! You're getting close Sheree.
Yup, it was a more productive weekend than this one for sure! I can't wait to get out of Minnesnowta.

So on Friday, I had to stay home sick. My throat hurt so bad, it felt like there was a golf ball stuck in there. I got all faint-feeling as I got out of the shower and knew there was no way I was going to work. So I parked myself on the bed with my cell phone, laptop, phone, and TV remote, ice water and tea. Unfortunately, my bed is not the best place to spend an entire day. I have such a sore back now! I definitely need a new mattress!!

On Saturday, I got up at the crack and went to get my haircut so I could be home before DH went to work. I had to do it - it was on my to do list and it's hard to get appointments. So feeling as cruddy as I did, I got lots of meds, throat drops etc. going and got my hair cut. Then I spend most of the day just hanging around. Oh, and guess what??? It started SNOWING AGAIN!!!!
Of course I had to go to the bank to get change for our Girl Scout cookie booth for later that day. Yup, dragged the girls out into the snow and got the change. Then laid around some more.

At 3:15, Sarah and I had to go to set up the booth at a local church. We were there until about 6:30. I barely stayed awake until 9.
This morning, we had to be back at the church by 7:30!! After my restless night of tossing and turning, trying hard to swallow, etc. That was the last thing I needed. But soldier on I did!!! I'm a good cookie mom!!! So finally around 1:00 p.m. we came home. Then we zipped up to my parents' house to sell to their neighbors and go over some stuff for their vacation.

All told, I sat through 4 Catholic Masses, slept about 4 hours, sold 159 boxes of cookies, and I lost about 4 pounds because I can't swallow real food!

Okay, enough griping!!! I've got a PTR going!!!

The good news: Our FE and pillowcases came on Friday!!! SO CUTE!!! No way could I have EVER made such beautiful things! DH got all our CDs made, so now we just have to pick up a few little things (candy) and bag them up!

I believe I left off with our plans for Monday.

On Tuesday 3/15 -
We have an 8:20 ADR for Tusker House breakfast with Donald! We really enjoyed this back in January 2009. LOVE that juice! We'll spend the day at AK - we hope to see It's Tough to Be a Bug!, which the girls haven't seen yet, Lion King, Finding Nemo, and catch the parade. We'll only do the Kali River Rapids if it's hot! I'm sure we will go on the safari and walk the trails. No, we're not riding EE! I'm thinking a lovely frozen (if it's warm out!) Chai would taste good. Lunch? Maybe Flame Tree BBQ. To be honest, none of the CS places wow me, but DH loves BBQ, so we'll check it out.
After the parade, we might just call it a day. I can't remember the latest version of the park hours (a lot of them just got extended), but we will head back to the resort and probably grab a bite at the Mara if we're hungry. Maybe we'll explore the night vision goggle animal watching.

Wednesday will be a BIG day (at least as I've got it planned!)
We will be heading to Epcot for the day. Not TOO early, but I am excited to check out all the Flower and Garden stuff!!! More plans to come....
Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #149
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I had a sore throat that went off and on for 2 weeks. I swear I was imune to every medication I tried.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #150
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh you must post pics of the FE and the pillowcases! I am so sorry that you were sick, UGH that sounds like a rather nightmarish day. Good cooking mom though, I bought 3 boxes today and have committed to several more.

DO try the Writers Stop if you have time. I the writers stop! Cool merchandise as well that isn't anywhere else.

We did like Y&Y LF for lunch but I would honestly love to try the whole picnic in the park thing, it sounds yummy and fun if it isn't too hot.

Feel better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: