Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

New goal, new me, new excitement!Angie's journal w/Charlo's notes(Motivators welcome)

Hi!!! My name is Angie and I love WDW! I have some of my fondest memories there. I would go every year if I could afford it. I am kind of a rambler in my "writings" so please forgive me. This is my first journal...so I hope to go back to it often and update it often. I also hope to get my Aunt to join me on this joural since we live so far away, but she is my Disney World travelling buddy, so this will be good and fun for both of us.

I will post some pictures when I get home tonight. My higest weight is 215. I am currently down to 204. My goal is to get down to 140ish. I am in a size 16 currently and would love to get down to single digits. I plan to do this by eating out a lot less, cutting back my portion sizes and getting some exercise everyday. I'd also like to do a marathon at WDW some day.

So, here are my goals:

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January
2) Get into a size 14 by February
3) Workout 4 days this week:
4) Eat healthier this week
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week

Long Term:
1) Get to down 140ish
2) Get into a size 8
3) Workout on a regualr basis and make it a routine (enjoy it)
4) Learn to love healthier foods and share them with others
5) Cook at home for every meal except one night a week
6) Prepare for a marathon at Disney World

'85 Offsite, '92 Dolphin, '98 Offsite, '00 Offsite, '03 AS Sports, '05 AS Sports, '07 (Nov/Dec) POFQ, '09 POP, May '11 CSR, 2013 PRINCESS HALF TRIP!!!!

My "New goal, new me, new excitement!" Weight Loss & C25K Journal

Last edited by gudrench3; 06-07-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Welcoming folks! :)
gudrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Day 1 Update for Monday, 1/11

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 204 lbs
2) Get into a size 14 by February ---> size 16 (pants are a bit loser)
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> haven't done anything yet
4) Eat healthier this week ---> going to the grocery store tonight to get healthy items
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> was sick, so I didn't eat much at home yesterday

My plan each post is to start with my ST goals and update them with how things went as of yesterday.

Notes:
This past weekend was horrible in the food and exercise category. I went to my hometown to see my best friend since kindergarten. Can you believe that we are still best friends? I feel so blessed to have her in my life still. She is going to have a little boy in a month. I'm so excited for her. But, I didn't eat very well and we didn't exercise at all. I'm a bit down on myself today, but I know it's just a matter of me starting over today. I was home sick yesterday, so I didn't do a lot of ecercise. I plan to walk today and eat a healthy dinner.

'85 Offsite, '92 Dolphin, '98 Offsite, '00 Offsite, '03 AS Sports, '05 AS Sports, '07 (Nov/Dec) POFQ, '09 POP, May '11 CSR, 2013 PRINCESS HALF TRIP!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Day 2 Update for Tuesday, 1/12

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 204 lbs
2) Get into a size 14 by February ---> size 16 (pants are a bit looser)
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> walked at work for a little bit (maybe a total of 15 miutes)
4) Eat healthier this week ---> didn't have the best day for food yesterday
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> yesterday, I did bring my lunch to work, so that's a start.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Yesterday was not a great day (health wise) for me. I didn't eat all that great and I didn't do all that much exercising. I kind of started feeling bad around 3 yesterday and went home after work and fell asleep on the couch. I woke up with a massive headache. I'm guessing it is from the cold front that blew in. I'm hoping today will be a better day.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Having short term goals is great. That is something that I should have done.

Keep it up!
-nat
Old 01-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #5
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
Having short term goals is great. That is something that I should have done.

Keep it up!
-nat
Thanks Nat! I appreciate the support!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Thumbs up Update for Monday, 1/16

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 203 lbs -1 lb yay!!!
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> This weekend was pretty laid back, so I didn't do much for exercising. But, I have already done some exercise today.
4) Eat healthier this week ---> We have home made veggie burgers last night...they were so good.
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> We did pretty good this weekend, I think we only ate out once. And I had a salad at Olive Garden. Woo who!!!

Old 01-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
wow upsidedown
Earning My Ears

Wink

hey there, thanks for getting me started on your new journey. i love the idea of blogging and keeping in touch with progress. keep strong, and drink those fluids.
wow upsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #8
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

YAY!!! I'm so glad you joined the Disboards! You'll love it here! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you username too! I hope you are having a wonderful day today! I love you!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Update for Tuesday, 1/25

Short Term:
1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 203 lbs - still at the same weight...think positive, at least I didn't gain anything.
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> Last night I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for an hour. I ran for a little little bit last night. Once I came home I had fruit and a smoothie for dinner.
4) Eat healthier this week ---> We've done okay at the healthy eating so far this week. If we eat out, it is generally a veggie subway sandwich, so that's not too bad.
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> We are working on this one. We didn't go to the grocery store this weekend, so we need to do that to have food to eat. Oh joy!!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and Magical Wednesday. It's hump day. We've made it this far, surely we can get through the week.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #10
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Update for Wednesday, 1/26

1) Get below 200 lbs before the end of January ---> 201 lbs - I'm down 2 lbs today!!! I'm so close to hitting this mini goal! I can SO DO IT!!! Yay!!!!
3) Workout 4 days this week ---> I didn't go to the gym yesterday because my foot and knee hurt. But, I have my workout clothes with me today, so my plan is to go right after work today.
4) Eat healthier this week ---> Last night we ate out and I left several bites of everything on my plate, so I left there satisfied and feeling so good. I'm drinking lots more water too, so that may be part of the weight loss.
5) Decide not to eat out a couple of times this week ---> Still haven't gone to the g store, so we'll probably just plan on going this weekend.

I hope that everyone is enjoying this Thursday. I'm having a GREAT day!!!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #11
redlight
DIS Veteran

Hi Angie. I'm following your journal. I'm in maintenance now, but I lost about 40 over 18 months. Keep up the good work. You are close to being under 200!

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #12
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Aw, thanks Amy! Haha, didn't think anyone was really paying any attention. But, I'm thrilled to have you aboard. WAY TO GO on your weight loss; that's so great!!! I'm so happy for you. How did you do it? How long have you been maintaining? Any tips you want to share with me?

Old 02-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #13
wow upsidedown
Earning My Ears

what did i hear about more water? fantastic keep up the good work.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wow upsidedown View Post
what did i hear about more water? fantastic keep up the good work.
Haha, thanks so much! How are you doing? I need to update this after my birthday weekend. I think I might have gone up just a bit, but I just had to have the chocolate cake.

Old 02-01-2011, 01:43 PM   #15
wow upsidedown
Earning My Ears

i am doing good. i got a plan out of a mag. and it is about combinations. carbs, fruit, dairy. need to walk some. if you would like to try, only meat at dinner. boco burgers, fish, chicken. can you have this. it s a little restricted but looking for new meals.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: