Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2011, 11:49 AM   #121
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
We plan to leave on Christmas afternoon...total surprise for the kids...and spend Dec 25-30 at USO and then head to WDW on Dec 30 until Jan 6 or 7!
What an awesome surprise. I am impressed with you. I would never be able to last all year without spilling the beans.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #122
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Last comparison between home and WL

So I have been mentioning that WL might be like home... I thought I would share just a couple more pictures......then I am done showing how "familiar" WL lodge may seem. I think it will feel like a home Christmas...only better cause it will be in WDW!

This is taken (on zoom) from my porch.

I would have to do a bit of a drive to get to that mountain, but I live in the foothills. And yes, it is an active volcano

This is the local "field house" I wish that it was not from the side, but you get it... built as a project during the depression it is an old lodge style building.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #123
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Zoe looks so cute in her pink dress...and so happy!

Sorry about your son's break-up. That sucks. And even though we're older and we understand that it will work out for the best, that's hard to know when you're younger.

Beautiful pictures, too! That's the amazing thing about being out west. You just look around there's a beautiful mountain that looks so close, but isn't quite. So different from the northeast, where we have hills, at best!

I do think you'll like WL at Christmas, though. In my mind Christmas should always involve snow, or at least the possibility of it, and I would think WL will come closest to giving you that feeling.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #124
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Zoe looks so cute in her pink dress...and so happy!

Sorry about your son's break-up. That sucks. And even though we're older and we understand that it will work out for the best, that's hard to know when you're younger.

Beautiful pictures, too! That's the amazing thing about being out west. You just look around there's a beautiful mountain that looks so close, but isn't quite. So different from the northeast, where we have hills, at best!

I do think you'll like WL at Christmas, though. In my mind Christmas should always involve snow, or at least the possibility of it, and I would think WL will come closest to giving you that feeling.
Thanks for all your comments. On WL... yes, it will come close to that feeling. Ironically... even though that mountain (which has glaciers on it) is so close..and to get to snow only takes us about 30minutes... we rarely have snow for Christmas at the house. It just covers the hills around us...and so we have to pretend.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 PM   #125
chunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

That's too funny.

that's exactly the sort of lamps I'd expect to see at WL! LOL So I can sense your reluctance to stay at WL even though it looks amazing. We always want something we can't get at home right? I think your view from your porch must be Ammmmaaaaazing every morning. I can only imagine what a view like that every day will feel like.

Hope Zoe had a great birthday! And it looks like you are well on your way to a giant stash of x-mas decorations!!
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #126
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
that's exactly the sort of lamps I'd expect to see at WL! LOL So I can sense your reluctance to stay at WL even though it looks amazing. We always want something we can't get at home right? I think your view from your porch must be Ammmmaaaaazing every morning. I can only imagine what a view like that every day will feel like.
I have to laugh...the view...it isn't there all the time. Here we say... "the mountain is out today" just as we would the sun. It is quite cloudy here much of the time and so only is it visible when the skies are blue. It is beautiful though when it is out.

Quote:

Hope Zoe had a great birthday!
She did, thank you. I will post her birthday party review soon. Now...I am off to get her from the bus.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #127
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Still tagging along and all caught up! Tell Zoe Happy Birthday! We just finished our 'whirlwind of birthdays' and that means 2 of the 5 birthdays that will happen before our Dec. trip have officially 'happened!'

Seems like the wedding plans are moving along!

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
shocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #128
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky5 View Post
Still tagging along and all caught up! Tell Zoe Happy Birthday! We just finished our 'whirlwind of birthdays' and that means 2 of the 5 birthdays that will happen before our Dec. trip have officially 'happened!'

Seems like the wedding plans are moving along!

Thanks you, Zoe had a nice birthday. I understand the whirlwind of bdays. We still have one more to get through this month. Then we won't have one till july...and then October is another big one for us.

Wedding plans are moving along...slowly, but surely
Old 02-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #129
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

non trip related

Zoe's Birthday Party

I believe I mentioned that I had scheduled a party for Zoe at Chuck E Cheese. Originally, I scheduled for her actual birthday...but then realized that was Superbowl Sunday. Well, yesterday was the party.

Let me first say, each of my kids have had a party here. (as well as one at McD's) I never stressed out. With the others, I found that the fact they "tag" the kids and stand at the exit reassuring. Kids could "run a muck" and I didn't have to worry. This time, the chaos.... the noise... the energy. I was stressed out the moment I stepped foot inside the restaurant. (in my defense I have been getting less sleep and was going on 5 hours)

All in all, I think it went well. (despite my twitchy behavior). Zoe had 5 little girls show. (plus some parents) We had pizza and cupcakes. The kids ran a muck... and played games. She got wonderful generous gifts from her friends.

The birthday girl got to participate in the ticket blaster. Ok, so I think this was pretty cool. None of my other kids did this at their parties. Zoe was able to collect 800 tickets in her hair blowing adventure.

Here she is with goggles and her crown on while in the booth.

When it was time for Chuck E to come out, the announcer kept saying "and now for your favorite mouse" Poor Kira found this frustrating. She said, "he isn't MY favorite mouse" Still, Zoe enjoyed her time with him.

Zach was just getting off of drill when her party was nearly over. It was great timing since he was able to earn her some extra tickets. Combined, it gave her 1500 tickets. This was enough for a real toy. She got a little jewelry making set that came with a Polly pocket type doll. Once she has uses all the beads, the case will make a cute little jewelry box. I did feel bad though. All the other little girls had enough to get squishy animals and other "trinkets" I felt like we should have shared Zoe's tickets. Oh well... I guess she was the birthday girl.

The energy level was high the entire time. Zoe didn't fight going to bed at ALL once we got home.

I think this picture sums it up. Do you think she had a good time?
Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM   #130
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Yay! I'm so glad she had a good time, that picture is priceless! I would think it would be pretty stressful to have a party there, but then again, no clean up would be the best!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #131
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing the birthday photos! It looks like she had a lot of fun! Such a sweet little girl!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #132
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry for Zach break up, & right at Valentine's Day too

Zoe looks beatiful in her pink dress, all girly for sure!

Your view from your porch is AWESOME!!!!!

That Chuck E Cheese ticket blaster machine looks so fun! I can't believe she managed to get 800 tickets!! Way to go Zoe!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #133
chunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to Zoe!

Her party looked like so much fun! I think I would have had a ball in the ticket blaster.

That's so funny when Zoe said, that's NOT my favorite mouse. LOL
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:29 PM   #134
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Zoe's Birthday Party

When it was time for Chuck E to come out, the announcer kept saying "and now for your favorite mouse" Poor Kira found this frustrating. She said, "he isn't MY favorite mouse" Still, Zoe enjoyed her time with him.

I think this picture sums it up. Do you think she had a good time?
I was only half-serious when I said that I love that picture of Zoe! She looks so overstimulated
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #135
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Yay! I'm so glad she had a good time, that picture is priceless! I would think it would be pretty stressful to have a party there, but then again, no clean up would be the best!
Yup...no clean up before or after the party. It was awesome....but...yes with all those people it was stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Thanks for sharing the birthday photos! It looks like she had a lot of fun! Such a sweet little girl!
Thank you, Karin

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I'm sorry for Zach break up, & right at Valentine's Day too
Thanks.. I think it was hard on him a bit yesterday...but he got through it. He was actually going to get this girl a promise ring...so she would have that while he was away. Honestly, I think that despite the fact she said she would be ok while he was gone...she really wasn't ok with the idea. He will be gone for probably about 9months. Then who knows if he will deploy overseas or not.

Quote:
Zoe looks beatiful in her pink dress, all girly for sure!
She is all girl. So fun after having boys for so long..and while Kira went through a brief princess phase, she was never as much of a girly girl.

Quote:
Your view from your porch is AWESOME!!!!!
Thank you. We like it here. I wish the mountain were always out, but sadly it isn't. We do have other "mountains" near us. Mt. Rainier is a real mountain though. The ones within walking distance from our house only have a rise of about 1000 feet in elevation. Still, it makes for some pretty view. Course... our view use to be better before a new housing development
Quote:
was built in an empty field. Such is progress though...

That Chuck E Cheese ticket blaster machine looks so fun! I can't believe she managed to get 800 tickets!! Way to go Zoe!
Well, she got a lot of individual tickets, this is true...but a majority of the 800 came from some "large" tickets. They resembled monopoly money and were "worth" more. ( 100 to 200 tickets)

Quote:
Her party looked like so much fun! I think I would have had a ball in the ticket blaster.

That's so funny when Zoe said, that's NOT my favorite mouse. LOL
I know Kira reads this PTR, so I have to mention it was Kira who said it. Luckily, it was only said to me...and we did get a bit of a chuckle over it. I agree with her though. Chuck E is kinda frightening... so..definitely not MY favorite mouse either.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: