Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #106
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
I vote for AKL If you stay over christmas, will you be staying on your birthday?
I love animals...love AK...but the lodge just isn't high on my list. As for my birthday... The plan all along has been to head home (no matter where we were) on or after my birthday. If we stay in WDW then we will head home on my birthday (the 26th) If we spend Christmas down on the beach we will probably leave on the 27th. It just looks more an more like mil and fil won't be going down in December. I think they plan to spend 3 months total in FL this year. One month in March and then ??? I think they typically are down for December every other year...and they did not go in 2010...so Anyway..it will work out one way or another. I just wish everyone could be down there for Christmas.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #107
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It makes me wonder if we are going to like WL.

I know it is really pretty at Christmas. It is also a deluxe so I would think that some of the resort would be "nicer" such as the beds, right? I know when we stayed at YC, the beds were heavenly It just seems too much like what I see every day.
I worry about the same thing with POR! We live out in the country and I don't really care for the "country style" but I've decided that it is different in a lot of ways and it's the only mod that will fit all 5 of us, so we're going for it. What are the other deluxes that appeal to you?
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #108
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I worry about the same thing with POR! We live out in the country and I don't really care for the "country style" but I've decided that it is different in a lot of ways and it's the only mod that will fit all 5 of us, so we're going for it. What are the other deluxes that appeal to you?
I love YC. I know BC is a bit less and yet it shares the pool. This is where I really would love to stay. Then again, the fact that it will be December and the weather could very well mean no pool time... maybe the pool wouldn't be such an incentive. I loved the walk from YC to Epcot. I am sure I will love the boat from WL to MK. It will all be fine. I just am over thinking it. As Tina said...one of the dangers of planning so early is thinking about changing ones mind.

As for POR, I love it there too. I think it is such a nice resort. We stayed there when we needed a room for 5 of us. It worked great! Even when Steve and I had to alternate sleeping on the trundle cause Zoe was terrified of the bugs that may be on the floor. (darn her older brothers. )
Old 02-06-2011, 10:16 PM   #109
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I feel very unobservant that I hadn't noticed the link in your signature before this!

Getting Christmas stuff on clearance is *such* a good idea! Amazing how the same item can be 75% less just because of the date...

Can't wait to follow along through the planning (changes and all! )
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:22 AM   #110
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I'm here! I feel very unobservant that I hadn't noticed the link in your signature before this!

Getting Christmas stuff on clearance is *such* a good idea! Amazing how the same item can be 75% less just because of the date...

Can't wait to follow along through the planning (changes and all! )
I am so glad you made it here.

I actually got a couple more things recently to put in my "red bin". I thought I wasn't going to find any more Christmas items...but low and behold I did. I will have to take a pic to share.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #111
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Just popping in to say hi.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #112
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Finally signing on, Ann! I am super excited for you-- especially that I get to follow your PTR for the next 10 months! I don't think anything could be better that Christmas at Disney (even though I have never been). And WL seems to be the most "christmassy" of the resorts.
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:29 AM   #113
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Just popping in to say hi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Finally signing on, Ann! I am super excited for you-- especially that I get to follow your PTR for the next 10 months! I don't think anything could be better that Christmas at Disney (even though I have never been). And WL seems to be the most "christmassy" of the resorts.

Glad you are here. I just hope that I won't bore everyone for the next 10 months. I agree...WL seems to be the most Christmassy. I think we are going to love it. At least that is my hope. I still hold some hesitation...but I have 10 months to get over it.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:39 AM   #114
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

non trip related

It has been an incredibly long couple weeks. Zach has gone through a very painful/rough/emotional breakup with his girl friend. I am sad for him, but with him leaving in a few weeks and the two of them being young, I figure it is not too surprising.

So the 6th was Zoe's birthday. I thought I would share a picture of my princess on her special day.

Pretty in pink, it is her favorite color. The pink bracelet is a mickey head that we got in WDW.

Sunday she will have her birthday party. I am glad I rescheduled it since it looks like she is going to have a decent turn out.

In wedding news, Kira has got her officiant and her photographer. I am waiting on the restaurant to get a food quote to me so I can get the deposit in. Once that happens we will be doing the invitations.

Other than that, not much going on....just counting the days.... Oh, I did consider booking a DL trip for next month. I figured though, with the wedding and our December trip, I didn't need to do it. Jet blue was having an AWESOME fare sale and I could have got tickets for $49 each way. Now that I am begining to think I am going to lose my mind over the next 10 months and reconsidered...the sale is over. Oh well...

Since we talked about my room...and how it is similar in theme to WL, I thought I would take a picture of my lamp...

Last edited by annmarieda; 02-12-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:46 AM   #115
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Christmas stuff still to be found...

I am so excited to still find the occasional holiday item. Actually, at this point I am getting surprised...good surprised...but surprised.

Here have been my latest...

Pj's for me. Top is black and long sleeved. Bottoms are red fleece...

Wow, it seems a bit blurry...but you get the idea.

Next is some santa hats... one is more of a cap and is of course for Zoe. It doesn't have anything to do with Disney...but the fact it mentions princess, I figured it was a good one to pick up. Then the second one is maybe for me. It has a super long... hmm... I am not sure what the tail part of the hat is called. Anyway...it is long and wraps around to make a scarf. If it is chilly, it might be a nice hat. Course, I have a short neck and the brim is super big...I kinda look like a kid wearing a grownups hat in it.

here is Zoe's

Something for Zoe's stocking...

Finally, to lend some credibility to the title of my PTR...how I have my coffee in the morning....

Old 02-12-2011, 03:14 AM   #116
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up again!

I never commented, but WL is REALLY beautiful and so festive for Christmas. I think even if you live close to that area you will enjoy it very much!
Did you book a special room category? If you have a water view, ask for a room in the bear face and you will have an AWESOME view!

Oh, and your pink princess is just ADOREABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think she would like a postcard from WDW? If so, just let me know, we are off next Saturday and I would LOVE to send her one. (just PM her address!)
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #117
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Pretty pink birthday girl! My dd has one of those bracelets, but it's in rainbow colors!

You really do have similar decor! I bet you'll love WL. Love your mug, I drink out of my WDW mug as well, it's one of those huge ones, it has the castle on it.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #118
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Following along

It is so nice to find others who obsess over planning and constantly change thoughts. We are planning to be there after you, but still the holidays... Hope you don't mind if I follow along in your planning!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:38 AM   #119
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I never commented, but WL is REALLY beautiful and so festive for Christmas. I think even if you live close to that area you will enjoy it very much!
Did you book a special room category? If you have a water view, ask for a room in the bear face and you will have an AWESOME view!
I know we will love it. I just have so much time to think about it, it makes me crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Oh, and your pink princess is just ADOREABLE!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think she would like a postcard from WDW? If so, just let me know, we are off next Saturday and I would LOVE to send her one. (just PM her address!)
Thank you, she wold love that! I will send you a pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Pretty pink birthday girl! My dd has one of those bracelets, but it's in rainbow colors!

You really do have similar decor! I bet you'll love WL. Love your mug, I drink out of my WDW mug as well, it's one of those huge ones, it has the castle on it.
I still occasionally drink from my resort mug (the one that you fill up for your stay) Christmas mug for a Christmas gift so I use it quite often. It reminds me of where I am going in 10 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momabaarjo View Post
It is so nice to find others who obsess over planning and constantly change thoughts. We are planning to be there after you, but still the holidays... Hope you don't mind if I follow along in your planning!
Please, follow along. It will be a long ride though...and I can't promise it won't be a long boring one. So you are going for the holidays? What are your dates?
Old 02-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #120
momabaarjo
In Pursuit of Cupcakes, Booze, & PHM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Please, follow along. It will be a long ride though...and I can't promise it won't be a long boring one. So you are going for the holidays? What are your dates?
We plan to leave on Christmas afternoon...total surprise for the kids...and spend Dec 25-30 at USO and then head to WDW on Dec 30 until Jan 6 or 7!
momabaarjo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: