Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #76
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Holiday Items

While this trip will be the big gift this year, we of course are gonna need some little items.

For Zoe I found some puzzles and coloring books. I think I got them 75% off..so not bad at all. I always get things for the plane ride, so these are likely for them.

Also found this "dry erase board"

There is a Disney Clearance Outlet store that comes through a near by mall several times a year. I was able to pick up a couple cute bracelets for Kira and I. Originally I got one for each of the girls, but there is no way this would fit Zoe...so for me it is .

Last, I got a glass and plate (in case we needed cookies for Santa) I also found some plain bracelets that Zoe and Alex can have.

Last edited by annmarieda; 01-24-2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: over use of the word "so"
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #77
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

I know you mentioned something about WL being a lot like home because you live in the PNW (which is why it doesn't appeal to me, exactly...I mean, Washington or Oregon in Florida....what???), but I have thought it would be among the nicest to be at Christmas time, what with the pine trees and all!

But I have the same home thoughts about the YC/BC, too. New England..um, yeah, I'm from there. Then again, I saw Cynthia's pics of her room at the YC and well, if we ever stay other there...maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Zach has drill once a month. This last weekend was "the weekend" They did combat water training. I was a bit worried. Happy to say my son did not drown. Blind folded...in full gear with gun in hand he was pushed in water. Just the thought is upsetting to me. Like I said though, he survived.

On another positive note though, he FINALLY got his uniform.

Isn't he handsome?

]
Yes, he is...and brave, too. Please thank him for me.

Quote:
I thought I was being so good and getting on top of arranging Zoe's birthday party. Turns out, I picked a bad day. Now, in my defense I don't follow such things. However, did you know that Superbowl Sunday is on 2/6? I guess having a birthday party on that day pretty much means no one can come. Since I couldn't do that to Zoe again...I had to reschedule. Got it worked out, but I feel like such a dork.
Sounds like something I'd do.... neither my husband nor I are football fans, so I would be likely to totally miss that!

Quote:
I have a bunch of updates...so bear with me.

First I thought I would share what I have recently received in the mail...

This may not be the most exciting mail that will come...but it is a start. It is our confirmation of our reservations.

Then for being the first...x..something to sign up...I was awarded a free Disney Calendar. I used our pics from the trip the girls, my mom and I took in September to make a 2011 calendar. Super fun and easy!
Any sort of Mickey mail is welcome and exciting as far as I'm concerned. And the calendar looks great.

And score on the awesome Christmas stuff! And I don't see why you WOULDN'T wear that Tinkerbell shirt!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2011, 08:04 PM   #78
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
I thought I was being so good and getting on top of arranging Zoe's birthday party. Turns out, I picked a bad day. Now, in my defense I don't follow such things. However, did you know that Superbowl Sunday is on 2/6? I guess having a birthday party on that day pretty much means no one can come. Since I couldn't do that to Zoe again...I had to reschedule. Got it worked out, but I feel like such a dork.
Wow, who doesn't know when the Super Bowl is? If the party was early in the day it wouldn't be too bad.

Quote:
The one and only ornament I found. Course, with no tree...not sure what I plan on doing with it. I just thought it was cute and was next to nothing in cost...so why not, eh?
You can have the Disney Florist deliver a tree. Found this on MouseSavers.com
Quote:
If you want to have flowers, gift baskets or even a decorated Christmas tree sent to your Disney resort room or to your stateroom on the cruise ship, the "official" florist is Walt Disney World Florist. They can do special romance baskets, sprinkle your bed with rose petals -- you name it! Their quality is excellent but the prices are high. (For instance, the 2009 Disney World Christmas trees, delivered directly to your resort room, were $295-$395 for a decorated 3 1/2 to 4-foot tree!) Visit their web site or call (407) 827-3505 for more information.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #79
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
But I have the same home thoughts about the YC/BC, too. New England..um, yeah, I'm from there. Then again, I saw Cynthia's pics of her room at the YC and well, if we ever stay other there...maybe it wouldn't be so bad.
Funny, for me...the YC/BC are wonderful options...they seem so lovely. But...that is so far from normal around here that is why.

Quote:
Yes, he is...and brave, too. Please thank him for me.
thank you... I am proud of him.

Quote:
Sounds like something I'd do.... neither my husband nor I are football fans, so I would be likely to totally miss that!
Thanks..that makes me feel a bit better...

Quote:
Any sort of Mickey mail is welcome and exciting as far as I'm concerned. And the calendar looks great.
I thought it was

Quote:
And score on the awesome Christmas stuff! And I don't see why you WOULDN'T wear that Tinkerbell shirt!
Good...I wasn't sure. I can be a bit...dense at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Wow, who doesn't know when the Super Bowl is? If the party was early in the day it wouldn't be too bad.
Now, now...are you being mean to me? I did mention that I am dense at times..

Quote:
You can have the Disney Florist deliver a tree. Found this on MouseSavers.com
Thanks for the info...at that price though..I would be better off shipping a fake one in a box to the resort. Which...I might do. I have seen a couple clearanced... but..then again, I don't know if I really want to go THAT far with it all.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 PM   #80
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Agrivation with Disney Site

Due to not feeling well, I have spent way too much time on this today. Oh well, in the next week I won't have much time to spend on here so it will even out.

Anyway... I had to share my frustration... I went online to pay on both my reservation and on Kira's. I got as far as Kiras and I got a confirmation on the reservation...but no payment confirmation. I now have to wait to see if the payment went through. Then when I tried to make a payment on mine it gave me a message saying that my card could not be accessed. ???? I had not even entered the card number... Who knows...now I wait.

Actually, I am gonna have to just call and speak to a cm. I hate doing that though since the wait can be horrible.

Thanks for letting me share my frustration.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #81
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Now, now...are you being mean to me? I did mention that I am dense at times..

Thanks for the info...at that price though..I would be better off shipping a fake one in a box to the resort. Which...I might do. I have seen a couple clearanced... but..then again, I don't know if I really want to go THAT far with it all.
Me, Mean! Nah, just having a little fun.

I agree, the price listed for a tree is way too much. I tried looking, but didn't get any results, guess you need to wait until closer to Christmas to see what a tree would cost. I can't imagine a small tree would cost $300. Maybe the price includes the cost of shipping it home if it's a live tree.

Quote:
Due to not feeling well, I have spent way too much time on this today. Oh well, in the next week I won't have much time to spend on here so it will even out.

Anyway... I had to share my frustration... I went online to pay on both my reservation and on Kira's. I got as far as Kiras and I got a confirmation on the reservation...but no payment confirmation. I now have to wait to see if the payment went through. Then when I tried to make a payment on mine it gave me a message saying that my card could not be accessed. ???? I had not even entered the card number... Who knows...now I wait.

Actually, I am gonna have to just call and speak to a cm. I hate doing that though since the wait can be horrible.

Thanks for letting me share my frustration.

I'm willing to help, just send me your CC number, the name on the card, expiration date, and the 3 digit code on the back. I will try to book a Disney Vacation on it, and will let you know if it works or not.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #82
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Wow! You are getting some awesome stuff & some awesome savings! It's saving you money planning a year in advanced getting the Christmas sales!
I love the Christmas plate.

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #83
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Me, Mean! Nah, just having a little fun.
Thats fine...have fun at my expense... (trying to channel Eeorye)

Quote:

I'm willing to help, just send me your CC number, the name on the card, expiration date, and the 3 digit code on the back. I will try to book a Disney Vacation on it, and will let you know if it works or not.
Sounds like a heck of an idea. Actually...low and behold this morning I had an email with the confirmation of payment. I don't have to call! And...it is one less thing I have to worry about now regarding Kira's wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Wow! You are getting some awesome stuff & some awesome savings! It's saving you money planning a year in advanced getting the Christmas sales!
I love the Christmas plate.
That is one reason I got on the planning so early. I figured I could find some stuff now while 2010 Christmas stuff is clearanced and tuck it away. Then when 2011 christmas stuff comes out after easter this year I can start being on the look out for more stuff.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #84
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Ann, I love all the goodies you have picked up for Zoe. And the Santa cookie plate with the kissing Mickey & Minnie is absolutely adorable.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #85
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Early Planning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ann, I love all the goodies you have picked up for Zoe. And the Santa cookie plate with the kissing Mickey & Minnie is absolutely adorable.
Thanks, I am thinking this year planning in advance thing can be a good thing. Disneystore.com has fleece pull overs and jackets on sale. I think a red one would be a great thing to get for next winter. Course, all this early planning might make everyone around me tired of Disney before we even go.

Which leads me to my dream last night.... I am aware of how much I drive my family nuts with my Disney obsession. I have agreed not to make us go commando in the parks... and to take it easy..a relaxed Disney trip if you will. Honestly, this is what I want too. I want to enjoy..but not stress about hitting every single attraction. That being said, I do want to have a game plan and I WILL make ADRS as soon as I can. In my dream though... I had tried not to push my family into going to the parks too much. It was half way through our vacation and we had not gone to the parks once..nor had we made any ADR's and we had not used any of our dp credits. I was distraught....and when I questioned my family...all I got was "you promised you wouldn't push" I woke so upset. I think I need counseling.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #86
shocky5
DIS Veteran

You don't need counseling! As crazy as this sounds, you are so on top of your trip planning, I now feel very behind and it's over 10 months away.

Great ideas - and the tinkerbell shirt is awesome and you should wear it as everyone else has said as well.

I love the Christmas decorations! Did you go into a Disney store to hit the clearance or did you online shop?

The Last of the OCD Type A Planners to get her TR started - December 2011 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post43707322

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
shocky5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #87
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky5 View Post
You don't need counseling! As crazy as this sounds, you are so on top of your trip planning, I now feel very behind and it's over 10 months away.

Great ideas - and the tinkerbell shirt is awesome and you should wear it as everyone else has said as well.

I love the Christmas decorations! Did you go into a Disney store to hit the clearance or did you online shop?
Thank you, but you shouldn't feel behind. It is over 10 months away....

As for the Christmas decorations...most I found at Walgreens of all places. I think I might have got a couple things at Target...but really...mostly at Walgreens.

Now I am off to check out your PTR! Yay!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #88
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, but you shouldn't feel behind. It is over 10 months away....

As for the Christmas decorations...most I found at Walgreens of all places. I think I might have got a couple things at Target...but really...mostly at Walgreens.

Now I am off to check out your PTR! Yay!!!!
Thank you for joining my PTR! Walgreens! Wow! I'm headed there today - not because of the Disney stuff but the flu has hit my house and I'm picking up person #4's rx for tamiflu. I am the lone survivor!

But you can absolutely bet I'm going to check out any clearance xmas stuff while I'm there!! I'll let you know if I find anything. I will have to hide it though... trip is a surprise. And I catch myself almost forgetting that part!!

Feb'15*PHM*AKL*May'14*AOA Vacation*Dec'11*Poly Xmas*May'09*Poly Vacation*June'07*Poly Vacation*Feb'89*MK-EP*offsite*June'88*Disneyland*offsite*February'88* EP*offsite
Old 01-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #89
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocky5 View Post
Thank you for joining my PTR! Walgreens! Wow! I'm headed there today - not because of the Disney stuff but the flu has hit my house and I'm picking up person #4's rx for tamiflu. I am the lone survivor!

But you can absolutely bet I'm going to check out any clearance xmas stuff while I'm there!! I'll let you know if I find anything. I will have to hide it though... trip is a surprise. And I catch myself almost forgetting that part!!
I hope your family start to feel better. It really sucks to be sick...especially when it drags on.

I haven't seen much at Walgreens for a while. I hope you have some luck though!

Super cool that your trip is a surprise! I got a red bin (I think I may decorate if I find the time at some point this year). Anyway, I put "special" items not to be seen yet in that bin. Maybe you could do something like that to hide anything you do find?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #90
shocky5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hope your family start to feel better. It really sucks to be sick...especially when it drags on.

I haven't seen much at Walgreens for a while. I hope you have some luck though!

Super cool that your trip is a surprise! I got a red bin (I think I may decorate if I find the time at some point this year). Anyway, I put "special" items not to be seen yet in that bin. Maybe you could do something like that to hide anything you do find?
So - Walgreens was packed with everyone else in this town who is fighting the flu! So I didn't even go inside - hit the drive thru and may do some of this - - and see if I can come up with some items over the next several months. I do like the red bin idea to hide stuff. Wonder if DH would get sick of taking it out of and putting it back in the attic?? My almost 13 yo DD is a little bit snoopy sometimes...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: