Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #46
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Awww...thanks for the compliment! That PTR has been going on FOREVER!! But, I also think that it made the trip a reality, if that makes sense. Like any wish (and now I am about to sound super Disney corny), if you say it enough, it might come true.
I don't think that was super corny...I think I know what you mean. Once I started the PTR...there was some "reality" to the trip that is so far away. And if nothing else it should keep me on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
And I really have drawn a great deal of support from these boards and that's something that is sometimes tough to explain to other people. Hopefully, meeting some of my Dis-friends this February will help my husband understand it a bit better.
So, is you dh not totally into disney? Or is it that he doesn't quite get the boards? I think mine is in denial regarding his love of disney..but he does get that I need some outlet and appreciates that I have the disboards to turn to. On his denial and regarding next trip...he said he isn't sure he even wants to go into the parks I am horrified. I am sure he will change his mind...but... I figure I have 5 months to get him convinced because then I will need to make our ADRS...
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #47
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran
 
tinacaplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 3,780

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I don't think that was super corny...I think I know what you mean. Once I started the PTR...there was some "reality" to the trip that is so far away. And if nothing else it should keep me on track.



So, is you dh not totally into disney? Or is it that he doesn't quite get the boards? I think mine is in denial regarding his love of disney..but he does get that I need some outlet and appreciates that I have the disboards to turn to. On his denial and regarding next trip...he said he isn't sure he even wants to go into the parks I am horrified. I am sure he will change his mind...but... I figure I have 5 months to get him convinced because then I will need to make our ADRS...
My husband really enjoyed his trip last year. He is by no means half the Disney fanatic that I am, but has accepted the reality that his wife and son are crazy about Disney and Pixar and feeds our addictions regularly. What he cannot understand is the amount of our leisure time I spend with the laptop surgically attached to me. I get bored easily and I really enjoy spending evenings curled up on the couch, Dis-ing while DH watches something on tv that I may or may not be interested in. He's not that into computer-stuff like this and just likes to tease me about it, I think. But pretty much as soon as we got to Disney last year, he started talking about wanting to go back with Max. Our subsequent forays into what passes for so much child entertainment has further cemented the value of Disneyworld in my husband's mind. I'm sure your husband will change his mind well in advance of the trip, or just be swept up in the magic once you get there!
__________________
CSR - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
BC - 2011, 2012, 2014
POLY - 2012
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #48
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I'm sure your husband will change his mind well in advance of the trip, or just be swept up in the magic once you get there!
I am sure you are right. He loves Disney too...he just hates to admit it. I think it is "uncool" by the standards of everyone he knows. He happily set Samantha Browns Fanathon to record though. I know he will sit "acting" like he isn't watching. He will enjoy it though!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #49
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Twoboysnmygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,291

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Awww...thanks for the compliment! That PTR has been going on FOREVER!! But, I also think that it made the trip a reality, if that makes sense. Like any wish (and now I am about to sound super Disney corny), if you say it enough, it might come true.
Not corny at all! I've had the neverending PTR going since we came back in 2009 and had to start a new PTR b/c I was starting to feel like THAT trip might never happen. It really does make the trip seem like a wish that can come true!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 PM   #50
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran
 
leshunlenese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,139

I saw your linkand came over to join you. it will make the year not fell so long. I love the pic of your dd zoe in the intros and on your list. i agree, we stayed at pop this past oct and i did not like the buses either.
__________________
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR



I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #51
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by leshunlenese View Post
I saw your link and came over to join you. it will make the year not fell so long. I love the pic of your dd zoe in the intros and on your list. i agree, we stayed at pop this past oct and i did not like the buses either.
I am glad you came over!

I hope you are right...that following/writing PTR's will make the year not feel so long. Course... I don't necessarily want the year to wiz by either.

Thanks for the compliment on Zoe. I tend to think she is s cutie.

And the buses at Pop...one of the main reasons I don't want to stay there again. I mean really, I liked the resort itself a lot. The price, the pools, the food court, the shop, the theme... I actually think I loved everything about it EXCEPT the buses. It took too long to get to MK. Now, going to DHS that wasn't so bad...but that is the one park we don't go to but once in a weeks stay... I hear that most resorts have some transportation issues. Honestly though, I would have to say that the other two I stayed at didn't have hardly any trouble compared to Pop. Maybe it was just a time of year thing though. I hope not...cause I think crowd levels are pretty high in December... Oh well... the Christmas decorations should be worth it.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #52
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
 
Daddy_of_Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenixville PA
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am sure you are right. He loves Disney too...he just hates to admit it. I think it is "uncool" by the standards of everyone he knows. He happily set Samantha Browns Fanathon to record though. I know he will sit "acting" like he isn't watching. He will enjoy it though!
I get strange looks from people about Disney. Oh well, they don't know what they are missing.

I love watching Samantha Brown. If I could do it all over again, I would want her job. I'm sure there is lots of research to do, but look at where she gets to stay. So lucky.
__________________
Me 41 - DW - DD 10 - DD 6 -

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #53
LuLu_5
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37

Here to share in your adventure. I'm also going in dec. 11-17. At POR. Soo excited. We stayed at WL last time. It is one of the best hidden gems at WDW.
LuLu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #54
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu_5 View Post
Here to share in your adventure. I'm also going in dec. 11-17. At POR. Soo excited. We stayed at WL last time. It is one of the best hidden gems at WDW.
Glad to have you along! We stayed at POR before and I wondered if I shouldn't book us there. I really loved it there. The tree and decorations at WL sold me though. Now, if my ds decides he is going to go (if he gets to come home for Christmas)...we might have to switch to POR since it could accommodate the 5 of us. We will see though...
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #55
LuLu_5
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 37

Well...I am so excited because I got a triple point offer on my Disney Visa. I think with the points I already have and the points I get from charging Kira's trip and then any incidental purchases between now and fall, I should have a $100 gc to use on our trip!!! Pretty cool, eh?[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking. How does the point system work with this card. I was thinking of getting one.
LuLu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:19 AM   #56
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu_5 View Post
If you don't mind me asking. How does the point system work with this card. I was thinking of getting one.
Usually it is pretty slim...1 point for every $100. So...1% Those points then can be transferred to a gc 1 pt = $1. There are usually some incentive offers to get the card. (mine was 200 pts after first use) The real benefit I see to the card is that charging the Disney packages is at 0% interest for 6months. It makes it easy to take care of a trip... you can put down your $200 deposit and pay down the rest until the (I think it is) 45day mark...then charge the rest on the card and you have 6 months to get that paid off. So..easy to not pay interest on a trip that way. A small perk is the free photo in Epcot. I guess depending on how you look at it maybe isn't so small. 5x7 ordered off the photo pass isn't too cheap...and for each day you are in Epcot you can get a 5x7. There are perks for DL as well. Oh...and sometimes there are promos that come out to card holders before the general public gets them.

HTH
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #57
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Must do's?

Obviously, I have some time to think about this but I have already begun to wonder what a trip to WDW during the holidays means......

If you have gone or would go, what are some of your favorite things to do or things you would think you had to do while there around Christmas?

Steve and I have been talking and he really doesn't think that there will be enough to keep him entertained for a full week since he won't be going to the park all day every day.

Again, not that I have to nail anything down today... just giving some thought to what I might want to spend time doing.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:40 AM   #58
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
 
Daddy_of_Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenixville PA
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Obviously, I have some time to think about this but I have already begun to wonder what a trip to WDW during the holidays means......

If you have gone or would go, what are some of your favorite things to do or things you would think you had to do while there around Christmas?

Steve and I have been talking and he really doesn't think that there will be enough to keep him entertained for a full week since he won't be going to the park all day every day.

Again, not that I have to nail anything down today... just giving some thought to what I might want to spend time doing.
Seeing the different Ginger Bread creations at the various resorts should be on your list.

While you are at it, check out the various Christmas Trees at each resort.

The Osbourne Lights at Hollywood Studios

Storytellers at each country in EPCOT are really cool.

I haven't done it, but heard the CandleLight Procession at EPCOT is high on lists.

Seeing the Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom.

That should be a good starter list for you, I'm sure others will add to it.
__________________
Me 41 - DW - DD 10 - DD 6 -

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:23 AM   #59
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Seeing the different Ginger Bread creations at the various resorts should be on your list.

While you are at it, check out the various Christmas Trees at each resort.

The Osbourne Lights at Hollywood Studios

Storytellers at each country in EPCOT are really cool.

I haven't done it, but heard the CandleLight Procession at EPCOT is high on lists.

Seeing the Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom.

That should be a good starter list for you, I'm sure others will add to it.
Thanks that is a great start!

I think we are going to hit the deluxe resorts and moderates to check out the trees and decorations, for sure. Then we will skip the values... I think that should be ok, right?

The Osbourne Lights... I want to see it, but I think the crowd may be too much for my dh to handle. Is it bad or just like any other crowd at Disney?

Story tellers at Epcot. That should be fun. Is it like any of the street performances where they are at scheduled times?

I definitely want to do the Candlelight Processional. I just am not sure if we have to do the dinner package and if so how it works with the dp.

Is Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade the same as it is normally? I mean, don't they show that all year long? It is probably one of my favorite parades, so I wont miss it even if it is the same.

What about the Christmas Party? Is that worth doing? I know people talk about MNSSHP and love it. Thoughts?
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #60
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
 
Daddy_of_Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenixville PA
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Thanks that is a great start!

I think we are going to hit the deluxe resorts and moderates to check out the trees and decorations, for sure. Then we will skip the values... I think that should be ok, right?
I don't think they do alot at the values, maybe someone else can answer that. I would suggest the All-Star Movies if you have time. The decorations for the different buildings is really neat. I wouldn't go out of my way to see it, but I liked it when we stayed there in 2007.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
The Osbourne Lights... I want to see it, but I think the crowd may be too much for my dh to handle. Is it bad or just like any other crowd at Disney?
I went on a Fantasmic night,. and a Saturday, so it was wall to wall people, and I hated that part, but from other peoples reports, it wasn't crowded on other nights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Story tellers at Epcot. That should be fun. Is it like any of the street performances where they are at scheduled times?
Each country has designated times when the storytellers will be there. We got to see Paris, Japan, and Italy, but didnt' get to see the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I definitely want to do the Candlelight Processional. I just am not sure if we have to do the dinner package and if so how it works with the dp.
From what I have read a package is the way to go. I didn't think my kids would be into it, so I didn't do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Is Mickeys Jingle Jungle Parade the same as it is normally? I mean, don't they show that all year long? It is probably one of my favorite parades, so I wont miss it even if it is the same.
I haven't seen it other than at Christmas time, so this might be something for others to answer.
You do get to see the characters in Camp Minnie Mickey in winter clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What about the Christmas Party? Is that worth doing? I know people talk about MNSSHP and love it. Thoughts?
We did the MVMCP, and the night I went it was packed. Even after the second parade where I swear I watched 5,178,642,278,346,842 people walk towards the exit, it was still packed. I could be off on that number though.
__________________
Me 41 - DW - DD 10 - DD 6 -

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: