Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #31
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
It's a lunch package, just like the Fantasmic package. You have lunch at Tusker House (package) and get to go to a designated show of "Nemo".
Yup, and the seats are really much better than the ones offered to the general public. (unlike the ones for Fantasmic)

I liked the fantasmic one because you get to order an ap on the dp.

I liked the nemo one because the seats were better.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #32
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Great lists! Reminded me of a few do's and don'ts from our past trip as well!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2011, 02:26 PM   #33
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thanks. We've never been to Tusker House. Is it a buffet? Or do you order off a menu? And what time is the show. Sorry...I don't mean to hijack the thread.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #34
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks. We've never been to Tusker House. Is it a buffet? Or do you order off a menu? And what time is the show. Sorry...I don't mean to hijack the thread.
TH is a buffet and it's my favorite place to eat!!! Yum!!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #35
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Wow, that is a LOT of Disney dollars! I bet that helped to pay for some things.
Yea, it paid for most of the Polynesian bill. 40% plus a bunch of Disney Dollars made that place affordable.

Quote:
4. Having a character breakfast before the park opened to put us in the park early.
6. Booking both the Fantasmic dinning package and the Finding Nemo Musical dinning package.
Getting in a park before it opens is great. Especially MK so you can get a photo in front of the castle with an almost completely empty park.

We did the Fantasmic dining, I didn't know there was a Finding Nemo package. If I was guaranteed a seat in the same zip code as the stage, I might try it again.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #36
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Great lists! Reminded me of a few do's and don'ts from our past trip as well!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Please, no apologies! I am glad that there is talk on this at all. With a year out, i wondered how active this PTR would/could actually be.
As mentioned, yup a buffet and you do have to do lunch. Then they give you a special ticket for a specified show. We picked the last show of the day for the one we had lunch for. So, I believe we had lunch at 2 and the show was 4:30. Well worth it...but since I have now been to TH 6 times in the course of 4 trips...I am not certain I will want to do it again. Maybe though... if only to be able to get good seats at the Nemo show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
TH is a buffet and it's my favorite place to eat!!! Yum!!
It has been the one restaurant that we always go back to. Kira (my oldest) adores it. I am not sure if it was the heat, but I was just not quite as impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Yea, it paid for most of the Polynesian bill. 40% plus a bunch of Disney Dollars made that place affordable.
How cool is that?! I bet it was a bit more affordable with the use of those Disney Dollars

Quote:
Getting in a park before it opens is great. Especially MK so you can get a photo in front of the castle with an almost completely empty park.
That is a cool idea. I knew getting to AK early was nice...but I had not even considered being able to get a pic in front of the castle with no one there! Now, what restaurants are there.. Crystal Palace...Cinderellas table. Anything else that does breakfast?

Quote:
We did the Fantasmic dining, I didn't know there was a Finding Nemo package. If I was guaranteed a seat in the same zip code as the stage, I might try it again.

You should read this part of my TR. It shows a picture of our seats. We were seated right next to the stage..so close we could touch it... it was really nice.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...5&postcount=94
Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 PM   #37
DisneyKira
Mouseketeer

Hi!

Hi mom! I'm subscribing
DisneyKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #38
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKira View Post
Hi mom! I'm subscribing
hi, daughter!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:04 AM   #39
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

How to fit the do's and don't into our next trip

I hope to use what I have learned from previous trips and assuming all goes well in 11 months at WL, I will do so. (we are booked, but lets face it...11 months is a long time and a lot can and will happen)

What does my top ten dos and don't mean for this next trip?

Well....
Regarding the flight... Obviously at this point I don't have a much more than an idea of when we might fly. Flying out of Seattle to Orlando usually means a red eye or an early morning. I use to like the idea of a red eye. It meant that we didn't have to pay for a hotel night and could get there just in time to play. Problem is Steve and I are getting older and we don't sleep well on the plane and the last time we did a red eye, we were so out of it the first couple days. If we don't fly early enough in the morning though, we can get in rather late in the evening. This caused some trouble for us when we stayed at POR and we do NOT want to repeat that. (I think Steve would swear off Disney forever if we had those same troubles) So, I HOPE to get a flight in the early morning so that we can land in the early evening.

Regarding the room and ways to make it our own.... Staying at a Deluxe Resort I am really unsure how much I need to bring extra to organize the room. At Pop, it was a must and I was SO very glad I brought things such as the tooth brush holders and collapsible storage cubes. I will have to research more regarding the rooms in order to know if I will need some items to help organize. What I have bought are some items for Christmas to decorate and I HOPE to be able to decorate the room a bit.

Regarding eating at other places that just the parks... I have a long time to think on this one. I can't even make any ADR's for quite a while...maybe June... That being said, I HOPE to try some new restaurants and that will mean traveling to some of the other resorts in order to do so.

Regarding the early morning character breakfast... I love the idea of doing this in MK. That was such an awesome tip, btw Daddy_of_Princesses. I am just not sure which restaurant I would want to go to....or if I could convince Steve to go to either of them. Here, I would Hope to have an ADR for early morning breakfast in MK

Regarding going to DTD.... Not much to say here other than Steve has NEVER been to DTD in WDW. Hence, it will be a must to spend some time here. I HOPE to spend some relaxed time shopping and maybe eat at WGPE.

Regarding the lunch/dinner packages... Even though I thought the seats were way worth it for the Nemo show, Steve isn't sure he wants to sit that close. That and the fact I want to NOT eat at TH this trip (I almost feel like I am blasphemous for saying that) means I think we are likely to skip that one. Even though I have done this restaurant a couple times before, I do however HOPE to get an ADR for the Fantasmic package at Mama Melrose's.

Regarding eating/drinking around the world.... I think this was such a neat idea before and it was fun to taste something at each area. I HOPE to have a rainbow margarita in Mexico, a sweet pretzel in Norway, tea in China, caramel something...anything in Germany (this new Werthers store was not open when we went in September), some kind of candy in Italy, the liberty slushy thing in America, split a cs meal in Japan, split a cs at Tangarine Cafee in Morocco, have a grand marnier slushy in France (although I have heard talk of a grey goose???..maybe that would be better???), fish in Britain and finally something in Canada. Last time we ended here and ate at Le Cellier. In my don'ts was the fact that we had a TS meal on the day we were eating our way around. We were so full, I don't want to do that again. In theory it is neat... next time we are just going to have to pick up some sort of snack there...something maple???

Regarding bringing someone who was new to WDW... while this was a definite like on my last trip, it won't be possible this time. Even if we get my mil and fil to come up for one day (which they are toying with the idea of..but said they definitely couldn't spend more than one day in WDW)..they would not have that level of wonder that my mom did when I brought her in September. What I HOPE then is that we will be experiencing WDW as if it were new to us since it will be Christmas time and we will be staying at a deluxe resort this time.

Regarding staying in a different resort.... Well this seems to be covered... so my HOPE is that we are able to still go and that I don't end up putting us back at POR or Pop. Now...staying at YC...that I might do again. Not that the other resorts were not nice...just trying to do a different one each time.

Regarding letting Zoe finish an entire mask at Epcot...well, she did that so I doubt we would be doing that again, but I HOPE to let her complete a different activity that we have never done. Maybe... Kim Possible???

Regarding the bus situation... my HOPE is that by staying at WL their will be better transportation options. I know there is a boat option to MK. I just can't imagine anywhere could be as bad as Pop was when it came to the buses.

Regarding making better use of our mugs... unlike last trip where Kira was grossed out by them and didn't want to use them after we washed them in the sinks (even though I brought presoaped sponges), I HOPE to buy a new mug for each of us (except Zoe) and have us get coffee each morning. (I know it isn't great coffee, but something to start the day is better than nothing)

Regarding spending more time enjoying the resort... I HOPE to spend a large chunk of time just relaxing at the resort. At WL, it looks like there will be a lot to see and do, so we shouldn't get bored.

Regarding trying no to care about making sure that everyone is happy... this may be a hard one for me. I tend to worry that everyone has everything they need. This can get in my way of having a good time. My HOPE is that I can relax and ignore any teenage moodiness, childish fussiness and/or... husband grumpiness.

Regarding not participating in a fridge swap... I never plan to partake of this again. Having said that, there should be no need since I HOPE WL has a fridge in the room.

Regarding not wanting to miss the aquarium at Epcot...I HOPE to not only spend time at the aquarium, but other areas such as Innoventions.

Regarding not getting more photos with the pp taken... I HOPE to have a photo session at WL in addition to taking every opportunity in the park to get a picture taken. Maybe this next trip, there will actually be some pictures of me.

Regarding not scheduling a TS meal after eating all day in WS at Epcot... I kinda covered this already. I HOPE to eat enough all day that missing a TS at the end wont be a bad thing.

Regarding missing all the performers in WS... truth be told we didn't miss ALL of them. We were able to catch a glimpse here or there and we did actually sit for the one in Italy. What I HOPE is to catch more of each street show.

Regarding the actual bus stops and wanting them covered....as Kathy mentioned, WL has covered stops. I HOPE the bus stops at WL will be as easy to use as the YC or POR were.

Okay, so kinda a long list...and not exactly a top ten of what I want to do...but it really sets some goals for how I want to do thing differently.

Hope I didn't bore you all to tears...
Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #40
flamestarrdust
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Just noticed your new PTR! Now I need to get caught up.

AUGUST 2010 TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post38036065
AUGUST 2010 PTR!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36865082
JULY 4th 2006 Cali Grill Event! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1157941[/SIZE][[/SIZE][/SIZE]
flamestarrdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #41
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
Joining in! Just noticed your new PTR! Now I need to get caught up.
I am so glad you are here!!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #42
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

non trip related

Zoe's birthday is just 3 weeks away. I can't believe she is about to turn 6. She is such a joy in my life.

I spent part of my morning deciding what to do for her birthday. She really wanted to have a birthday party using playhousedisney.com ideas. I feel bad. We are in the middle of working on the house so it kinda looks a bit... well, it looks bad. Add in that I work long hours once a month and that week happens to be the week right before her birthday. There is no way I can count on my family to have the house clean that week. I mean, it is week three of the cycle (my job works in 4 week cycles) and I am just now getting caught up on the laundry from week one (the busy week).

So the search was on for a place to hold it. It looks like we will have to drive about 40 minutes...but I booked a Chuck E Cheese birthday party for her. It should be fun. Now if we can just get people to show. Last year we had a party at McDonalds and she only had a couple people show up. .

I am going to get the invites done this week so she can send them out next monday.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #43
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

OH wow....the third page??? I should have gotten here sooner! Now, I'll go back and read! So happy you're planning another trip and that you have a ticker!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #44
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
OH wow....the third page??? I should have gotten here sooner! Now, I'll go back and read! So happy you're planning another trip and that you have a ticker!
I am so glad you are here, Tina! You were my inspiration in starting this PTR. You have had your PTR going since May...so not quite as long as I will be doing this one...but since you did that, I knew I could do this. Plus...also knowing you have been able to draw support through the course of your PTR...I figured I might need some as well. Sad as it may be...I am so busy in life that I rarely have much time to get together with friends IRL..so...being able to come to Dis for a social outlet is important to me. (oh, man do I seem pathetic or what???!!! )
Old 01-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #45
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so glad you are here, Tina! You were my inspiration in starting this PTR. You have had your PTR going since May...so not quite as long as I will be doing this one...but since you did that, I knew I could do this. Plus...also knowing you have been able to draw support through the course of your PTR...I figured I might need some as well. Sad as it may be...I am so busy in life that I rarely have much time to get together with friends IRL..so...being able to come to Dis for a social outlet is important to me. (oh, man do I seem pathetic or what???!!! )
Awww...thanks for the compliment! That PTR has been going on FOREVER!! But, I also think that it made the trip a reality, if that makes sense. Like any wish (and now I am about to sound super Disney corny), if you say it enough, it might come true.

And I really have drawn a great deal of support from these boards and that's something that is sometimes tough to explain to other people. Hopefully, meeting some of my Dis-friends this February will help my husband understand it a bit better.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: