Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #136
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Yesterday I received the Disney Vacation planning DVD. While it was fun to a. get it in the mail and b. sit down with the girls and watch it, nothing was really "new" and the insider tips? What insiders come up with such trivial tips??? Dis puts them to shame! I ordered this with the hope of getting a pin code offer. So for that reason alone it was worth it.

What was wort it though was the "special website" put together for me. (I guess to entice me more into booking a trip in December ) Playing around a bit, I came to a realization. In 2010, the last date for MVMCP was 12/19.

As I mentioned, our original plan was to go the 15th through the 22nd. From there we would head to where ever my in-laws were to spend the next 4 or 5 nights. Since my in-laws are no longer sure of their plans, I have been tossing around all sorts of ideas...as has dh (which for him has included not going to Florida at all. ) My serious thought has been to push back our dates to arrive on the 19th. Well, if we want to attend the MVMCP....I dont think that will work. I would hate to move our dates only to realize that we are not going to be able to do the party. Course, from what I have been reading it maybe that going later means that we won't miss the things only offered at the party earlier in the month. Anyone know? The parade, the fireworks and the snow are what we would be going for. (cookies and hot cocoa I can skip. )
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #137
chunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Oops

My apologiesto Kira! I misread it so now I realize she said he wasn't HER favorite mouse, LOL. Still, I can imagine Zoe having the same thoughts...

Hmm, changing the dates is a hard one. I have never been during the holidays so I cannot comment on what I think of MVMCP. But I'd assume that you would probably want to catch 1 night of it at least...it may be something that would be entirely different than what you expect! I have honestly not been at WDW for any special celebration...Food n Wine, MNSSHP, or MVMCP. I 'm dying to go for Food n Wine Festival one year though. Maybe for our 5 year anniversary

Oh no, your DH doesn't want to go to Florida?? Hopefully he will change his mind...!
chunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #138
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
My apologiesto Kira! I misread it so now I realize she said he wasn't HER favorite mouse, LOL. Still, I can imagine Zoe having the same thoughts...

Hmm, changing the dates is a hard one. I have never been during the holidays so I cannot comment on what I think of MVMCP. But I'd assume that you would probably want to catch 1 night of it at least...it may be something that would be entirely different than what you expect! I have honestly not been at WDW for any special celebration...Food n Wine, MNSSHP, or MVMCP. I 'm dying to go for Food n Wine Festival one year though. Maybe for our 5 year anniversary

Oh no, your DH doesn't want to go to Florida?? Hopefully he will change his mind...!

I only mentioned regarding Kira...cause I knew she would post about it. Sure enough, she beat me to it. She is so funny that way. Not that I am saying anything...cause I know where she gets her need to have details a certain way.

As for Steve...I am sure it was just a moment where he realized how he had got roped into another Disney trip. After all... I think how the trip came to be was discussed something like this...

Me - " We should really go away next Christmas since it will be a long year and Kira and Zach are both likely to be gone"

Steve - " Yeah, I could see that"

Me - " Well, Disney is beautiful at Christmas"

Steve - "Good grief, not Disney again"

Me - "Well, what about your folks? They usually go away every other December"

Steve - " Yeah, and it would be nice to spend it with them"

Me - "Okay, well since they go to Florida in December maybe we could do both"

Steve - "Oh, yeah...that would be good"

Me - "So Disney first and then down to see your folks??"

Steve - "Sounds good"

So I quickly make the Disney part the longer part of the stay. Now that his parents are thinking they won't be down there I think he wonders how it is that he is going to Disney "again" I know he is going to have his moments throughout the year where he thinks that we shouldn't go. I have even thought it briefly myself However, I am pretty sure...at the end of the year we will be going to WDW! We are booked...and I have been paying the balance down...so...at this point canceling would involve getting a refund. Who wants to hassle with something like that??? Not Steve, I can tell you that.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:51 PM   #139
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I can't believe that I didn't see your PTR in your signature before today! I think it's my computer though because everyone's signature gets cut off.

You have a beautiful family. Your year seems so busy with your son going into the military, daughter getting married, Zoe's operation...phew, I don't know how you do it!

I know what you mean about WL and the theming, especially after seeing the lamp and the georgeous scenery pictures around your house. We loved WL when we stayed there but we're from Ohio so it's totally different from anything that we are use to. I still think that you will love it there not to mention, wait until you take your first 6 minute boat ride to MK. No more TTC! The only negative for me was that I didn't have a window to decorate that anyone aside from us would see.

I love all of the Christmas items that you have managed to score! You got some great bargains!

I can't wait to hear more about your plans.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
OhioDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:51 PM   #140
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Hi!

I can't believe that I didn't see your PTR in your signature before today! I think it's my computer though because everyone's signature gets cut off.

You have a beautiful family. Your year seems so busy with your son going into the military, daughter getting married, Zoe's operation...phew, I don't know how you do it!
Thank you so much. I am so glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post

I know what you mean about WL and the theming, especially after seeing the lamp and the georgeous scenery pictures around your house. We loved WL when we stayed there but we're from Ohio so it's totally different from anything that we are use to. I still think that you will love it there not to mention, wait until you take your first 6 minute boat ride to MK. No more TTC! The only negative for me was that I didn't have a window to decorate that anyone aside from us would see.
I am sure I will like it. I just have to decide a couple things like...am I extending our dates or just pushing back our dates. In some ways I wish that we were staying at POR, but... that boat ride really is drawing me to WL...and from there it is an easy monorail ride to the Poly and GF...both resorts we want to visit for the restaurants/holiday decorations. As for decorating... I have never decorated a window...so I won't miss out on doing that. The little items I do have will be easy enough to bring so we can "spruce up" our room to make it more festive.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #141
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Non trip related

So we have not got through the second birthday party of the month.

Zach actually turns 18 this week, but since it was a long weekend and he is about to ship out, he had a party this weekend. It served as not only a bday party, but a going away.

Saturday morning, the guests started to arrive. By Saturday night I think there were a total of 15 or so boys in my house. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep on Saturday. We had countless xbox's set up so they could play and they ate.

As of last night there were still a few that were here and this morning I took the last one to the train station. It was a long weekend, but I am glad that Zach was able to see all of his friends one more time before he leaves.

Aside from the party, I also did some shopping online today at Disneystore.com. 25% off clearance. I will have to post pics once the items come. I don't own any dooney and burke, but between the already reduced price AND the extra 25% off it was certainly tempting.

I am pretty exhausted from the weekend, and Alex and Zoe have the week off from school. I think it is going to be a long week...
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #142
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

Zach actually turns 18 this week, but since it was a long weekend and he is about to ship out, he had a party this weekend. It served as not only a bday party, but a going away.

Saturday morning, the guests started to arrive. By Saturday night I think there were a total of 15 or so boys in my house. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep on Saturday. We had countless xbox's set up so they could play and they ate.

As of last night there were still a few that were here and this morning I took the last one to the train station. It was a long weekend, but I am glad that Zach was able to see all of his friends one more time before he leaves.

Aside from the party, I also did some shopping online today at Disneystore.com. 25% off clearance. I will have to post pics once the items come. I don't own any dooney and burke, but between the already reduced price AND the extra 25% off it was certainly tempting.

I am pretty exhausted from the weekend, and Alex and Zoe have the week off from school. I think it is going to be a long week...
Ann, I know I've been missing, but I'm still here...I promise.

Glad Zach was able to celebrate his 18th birthday with his friends and that they had a good time.

I'm going to do some of that 25% shopping clearance myself when I get home.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #143
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ann, I know I've been missing, but I'm still here...I promise.

Glad Zach was able to celebrate his 18th birthday with his friends and that they had a good time.

I'm going to do some of that 25% shopping clearance myself when I get home.
No worries, Kathy. I know that you have had a ton on your plate.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 PM   #144
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm sure Zach had a great time with all his friends! You are one cool mama having 15 boys in your house AND surviving it! I'm not sure I could ever be that brave.

Can't wait to see all your deals that you bought! You are going to be loaded down by the time December gets here!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

onescgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #145
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

non trip related

It has been funny how Christmas seems to be lingering and how I can so easily look to next Christmas. Most of this has had to do with my purchasing of clearanced holiday items... but... now we are getting weird weather. SNOW! Nothing stuck at my house, but the foothills where I live could see up to 7 inches before this week is over. We lost power today. I wasn't sure at first the reason. Sometimes we get freezing rain or the quite literal hurricane force winds and that will take down some lines. However today was something entirely different. I have yet to confirm, but... two separate pieces of information seem to have me drawing one conclusion. First, a funnel cloud was passing over our small town. Second, the city shut down a substation as a precaution or something. I have to wonder if the worry was that funnel cloud was going to cause trouble. So we were without power for about an hour or so...no biggie.

So I just had to share how it does still seem to be Christmas
Old 02-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #146
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Since it has been a month an a half since I posted anything substantial in the planning department, I figure it was time to infuse this PTR with a little trip enthusiasm.

So this being said... I have been struggling. Just yesterday, Steve talked with his folks and they still can not commit one way or another to if they are going to FL is December. Those last 4 or 5 nights are causing me such stress. I don't want to go home, but I also don't want to spend that much more on our trip. Plus, if I ever want Steve to go back, I shouldn't make him "endure" 11 nights at WDW. I have looked at cruises...but a Disney cruise over Christmas is too cost prohibitive and the only other cruse I found that would fit the budget would get us back on the 25th... and I definitely don't want to check out/in to anything ON Christmas. I don't know... maybe I will just rent a condo in FL and we will have a simple "away from home" Christmas. Course, for the cost of that and food... I bet adding 4 nights to our WDW trip would be about the same AND we could use DME to return to MCO. I have even toyed around with changing our resort to a mod in order to cut the cost down just a tad. I think a split stay could be fun too... but Steve is opposed to that.

Okay.. enough of the whining.... back to some happy planning.

I thought I should start planning things for each day. As things sit now, we have 8 day MYW tickets. So assuming we have 8 days but not knowing what date will match up with what day AND assuming full days..... here are my thoughts.

DAY 1
Park: MK
Outside Areas: WL, Poly
Not to Miss: MVMCP , Decorate Cookies, Admire Holiday Decorations
Where to eat for Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Where to eat for Lunch: CHH
Where to eat for Dinner: Ohana

DAY 2
Outside Areas: WL, GF CR
Not to Miss: Tangled Play and Greet, Electrical Water Pageant, Admire Holiday Decorations, Rope Drop
Where to eat for Breakfast: Contempo Cafe
Where to eat for Lunch: Golden Oak OutPost
Where to eat for Dinner: Kona

DAY 3
Park: AK
Outside Areas: WL, DTD
Not to Miss: Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade,Rope Drop, Festival of the Seasons, Shop, pp Session
Where to eat for Breakfast: Roaring Fork
Where to eat for Lunch: Restaurantosaurus
Where to eat for Dinner: WGPE

DAY 4
Outside Areas: WL, POR, POFQ, DTD
Not to Miss: Finding Nemo the Musical, Admire Holiday Decorations, Shop
Where to eat for Breakfast: Tusker House
Where to eat for Lunch: EOS
Where to eat for Dinner: Boatwrights

DAY 5
Park: Epcot
Outside Areas: Epcot
Not to Miss: Candlelight Processional, Holiday Storytellers, Kim Possible Mission, Character Spot
Where to eat for Breakfast: Akershus
Where to eat for Lunch: Split various CS in WS as we get hungry
Where to eat for Dinner: Le Cellier Processional Package

DAY 6
Not to Miss: Aquarium, Innoventions, DV picture, Illuminations, Pixie Hollow Characters Meet and Greet
Where to eat for Lunch: Sunshine Seasons
Where to eat for Dinner: Coral Reef

DAY 7
Park: DHS
Outside Areas: DHS
Not to Miss: Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, Fantasmic
Where to eat for Breakfast: Writers Stop
Where to eat for Lunch: Starring Rolls
Where to eat for Dinner: Mama Melrose

DAY 8
Outside Areas: DHS, WL
Not to Miss: Beauty and the Beast Show, Backlot Tour, Star Tours
Where to eat for Breakfast: WCC
Where to eat for Lunch: Studio Catering Company
Where to eat for Dinner: Most likely on the plane

This was just a very rough idea to give me an idea of just what it is I am hoping to accomplish. I figure I have plenty of time to work it out. I know I am well beyond my TS credits...
Old 02-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #147
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since it has been a month an a half since I posted anything substantial in the planning department, I figure it was time to infuse this PTR with a little trip enthusiasm.

So this being said... I have been struggling. Just yesterday, Steve talked with his folks and they still can not commit one way or another to if they are going to FL is December. Those last 4 or 5 nights are causing me such stress. I don't want to go home, but I also don't want to spend that much more on our trip. Plus, if I ever want Steve to go back, I shouldn't make him "endure" 11 nights at WDW. I have looked at cruises...but a Disney cruise over Christmas is too cost prohibitive and the only other cruse I found that would fit the budget would get us back on the 25th... and I definitely don't want to check out/in to anything ON Christmas. I don't know... maybe I will just rent a condo in FL and we will have a simple "away from home" Christmas. Course, for the cost of that and food... I bet adding 4 nights to our WDW trip would be about the same AND we could use DME to return to MCO. I have even toyed around with changing our resort to a mod in order to cut the cost down just a tad. I think a split stay could be fun too... but Steve is opposed to that.

Okay.. enough of the whining.... back to some happy planning.

I thought I should start planning things for each day. As things sit now, we have 8 day MYW tickets. So assuming we have 8 days but not knowing what date will match up with what day AND assuming full days..... here are my thoughts.

DAY 1
Outside Areas: WL, Poly
Not to Miss: MVMCP , Decorate Cookies, Admire Holiday Decorations
Where to eat for Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Where to eat for Lunch: CHH
Where to eat for Dinner: Ohana

DAY 2
Outside Areas: WL, GF CR
Not to Miss: Tangled Play and Greet, Electrical Water Pageant, Admire Holiday Decorations, Rope Drop
Where to eat for Breakfast: Contempo Cafe
Where to eat for Lunch: Golden Oak OutPost
Where to eat for Dinner: Kona

DAY 3
Outside Areas: WL, DTD
Not to Miss: Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade,Rope Drop, Festival of the Seasons, Shop, pp Session
Where to eat for Lunch: Restaurantosaurus
Where to eat for Dinner: WGPE

DAY 4
Outside Areas: WL, POR, POFQ, DTD
Not to Miss: Finding Nemo the Musical, Admire Holiday Decorations, Shop
Where to eat for Breakfast: Tusker House
Where to eat for Lunch: EOS
Where to eat for Dinner: Boatwrights

DAY 5
Not to Miss: Candlelight Processional, Holiday Storytellers, Kim Possible Mission, Character Spot
Where to eat for Breakfast: Akershus
Where to eat for Lunch: Split various CS in WS as we get hungry
Where to eat for Dinner: Le Cellier Processional Package

DAY 6
Not to Miss: Aquarium, Innoventions, DV picture, Illuminations, Pixie Hollow Characters Meet and Greet
Where to eat for Lunch: Sunshine Seasons
Where to eat for Dinner: Coral Reef

DAY 7
Outside Areas: DHS
Not to Miss: Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights, Fantasmic
Where to eat for Breakfast: Writers Stop
Where to eat for Lunch: Starring Rolls
Where to eat for Dinner: Mama Melrose

DAY 8
Outside Areas: DHS, WL
Not to Miss: Beauty and the Beast Show, Backlot Tour, Star Tours
Where to eat for Breakfast: WCC
Where to eat for Lunch: Studio Catering Company
Where to eat for Dinner: Most likely on the plane

This was just a very rough idea to give me an idea of just what it is I am hoping to accomplish. I figure I have plenty of time to work it out. I know I am well beyond my TS credits...

Ann, the plans sound great and I like how you have a lot of resorts you are visiting to see the holiday decorations. If you are in fact over on your TS's (I didn't count them), I personally would cut out Boatwright's. We were not impressed with it at all. I would rather eat at their food court which to me is the best one in Disney. Now, this is subject to your not having eaten at Boatwright's and loving it.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #148
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

And for those who didn't want to do the math....

I think that is a total of 11 TS credits and 13 CS. Obviously, I think I need to make some changes. Also, I forgot I wanted to try Kona for breakfast. Hmmm... maybe I can pay oop for some... and some of the breakfasts can be snack credits (all we really need is a pastry) Grrr...and then there are other restaurants like Garden Grill and The Plaza and 1900 Park Fare that I wanted to try... Ack... too little time... too many restaurants.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 PM   #149
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ann, the plans sound great and I like how you have a lot of resorts you are visiting to see the holiday decorations. If you are in fact over on your TS's (I didn't count them), I personally would cut out Boatwright's. We were not impressed with it at all. I would rather eat at their food court which to me is the best one in Disney. Now, this is subject to your not having eaten at Boatwright's and loving it.
Thanks, Kathy. I am very over... even if we upgraded to Deluxe... I would be over. It is really good that I have several months before I need to start making my ADR's. This is going to take some real work to narrow it down.

As for Boatwrights... it was actually one of my favorites back in September. And since we want to venture here to look at decorations I figured it might be a good match. Lots of time to change my mind on that though.

As for a couple other not sure abouts... the Candle Light Processional Package. It is 2ts no matter where we go...and since Le Cellier is now 2 TS for dinner... I thought it would be a good pick. Course, if we opt to not do the package and just hope for the best with seating then maybe I can go for lunch or throw it out entirely. That would save a credit or two. Also not sure on the MVMCP or the Nemo or Fantasmic packages.

Again... Good thing I have some time!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #150
leshunlenese
DIS Veteran

you know i feel the same way about food. there are so many restaurants i want to try but not enough time. however, since we r on the go people we just will stick with qs for now. that could change next week
1989 first visit off site + several family trips as a child | 1997 AS Sp | 2000 8th grade band trip/offsite |2004 ASM| 2007*Walt Disney College Program- Chatham Square*| 2008 AARC congress at WDW | 2009 ASMo|OCT 2010 POP..1st MNSSHP/DS 1st visit and birthday | Dec 10 POLY |May/June 11 POP |AUG 11 marriott village |Dec 2011 graduation celebration @AKV-Jambo | FEB 13 dolphin | May 13 POP |Sept 13 Yacht club | Nov 13 POFQ | May 14 Disney dream | Sept 14 Assp | April 15
ME(28)and DS(4)Sept 13 Disney Video
Sept 13 TR
Sept 2014 PTR

I loved the poly but Jambo house stole my heart! Dec 11 college graduation TR
My 1st TR: Who says you can't take a 1 year old to WDW. Put that boy in a stroller!Oct 2010
leshunlenese is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: