Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
mmt4321
Earning My Ears

Getting from MCO to PC

What is the best way to get from the airport to PC and vice versa? I was just thinking of getting a cab at the airport and the dock? Are there usually cabs at the dock or should I make arrangents prior? Will cabs go to PC from the airport?

Thanks in advance for any input?
mmt4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

"Best" is a relative term. Least expensive, easiest, etc. could all be considered.

No, a taxi is not a good way. It is very costly and not necessarily a nice vehicle. You basically have 3 choices.
1. DCL transfers. Cost $35 per person each way. Very easy--they claim your luggage at MCO and you see it in your stateroom on the ship. You will wait at MCO while the bus fills--could be 5 minutes or 25. However, you don't spend any time waiting for your luggage to arrive. The bus leaves at least every 30 minutes on cruise days; more often if it fills before that.

2. Rental car. I typically pay $40 for a one way rental including all fees and taxes. Add about $10 for tolls and gas. SO, cheap, but a bit inconvenient. You have to wait for your luggage, pick up the car, drop off the car, and take their free shuttle to the port. Add tip for porter at the terminal.

3. Towncar/limo service. Cost--depends on size of vehicle...$120-150 is typical, but some are a bit less. You will wait for your luggage, although driver will assist with loading. Drive immediately thereafter to the terminal, where driver will assist with unloading. Add tip for driver and for porter at the terminal.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
toywaltz
Mouseketeer

Agree that "best" is too subjective. The best option may depend on your itinerary for the trip. We usually come in the night before, get a rental (minivan..usually $150 with LDW, tax, boosters, etc for six people) and take it to the PC to stay overnight. Return it in morning and rental shuttle takes us to port.

Heading home sometimes we'll do the rental again if we want to hang-out or have a late flight. If we have an early flight I'll do the DCL transfers. Adds about $50 to the cost but it's easy and less chance of delay if trying to get an early flight. Limo service is a little cheaper and works about the same. I prefer hoping that the DCL transfer are safer and less likely to hire a crack-head.
toywaltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
love2disney
DIS Veteran

If best means cheap the car rental is the way to go. For 4 of us a standard sized cost us about 50 icnluding tax and toll. We will take it to PC stay there morning DH willd rop us at the post and then return the car and take the shuttle.

If best means the most convenient then limo with a grocery stop is the way to go if ur arriving the day of the cruise or if you plan to stay at a hotel which has a shuttle to the ship
love2disney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airport, taxi, transportation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: