Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #271
DouglasE
Earning My Ears

Dang, Nick! That is a whole lot of peanut butter ice cream! Is there any chocolate in there? I love peanut butter and chocolate. I must confess I have a sweet tooth. It's the bane of my existence. I organized a cookie swap in December. I thought it would be only 8 or 9 of us. It ended up being about 30. It was crazy. I can't believe that I'm almost finished eating all of the cookies that I brought home now. Ugh!

A friend just went to see Porgy and Bess and raved. But really how can you go wrong with Audra and Norm?

What is your home resort for DVC?

DouglasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #272
christopher77
Just keep running... Just keep running...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_A View Post
Hi, everyone!

I think this is the right place to do this, but forgive me if it's not. I'm new here, though apparently I've had an account since 2009 (who knew?!?!)!

My name is Nick, I live in New York, and love Disney. I go down about 6-7 times a year. I almost always travel solo, including this next trip. I am a DVC owner, and my next trip is next month, starting on February 17. Woohoo!!!

What else are we supposed to say? I'm 28 y/o, single, love the theater (I typically attend a show a week), and am searching for my "prince." I'm also an avid runner, and look forward to running the half in February. I don't know...what else are we supposed to say? I have an irrational love of all things Lady Gaga and anything made with peanut butter.

Here's my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/nickmahlers

And here I am!

Yay another runner! Welcome!

DL 77
WDW 82 offsite, 93 and 94 offsite, 96 offsite, 97 OKW, 98 OKW, 02 OKW, 04 (F&W) POFQ, CBR, 05 Pop, OKW, 06/07, AKL, ASM and Poly, 08 Boardwalk, 09 (F&W) Pop, 10 (F&W/Wine & Dine Half Marathon) Pop, 11 (Half Marathon) Boardwalk, 11 (F&W/Wine & Dine Half Marathon) Pop, 12 (Marathon Wknd) Poly
christopher77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #273
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Welcome! My boyfriend and I live on the city limits in Yonkers. I'm a doctor in central Westchester, and David is a bartender for a catering firm in Manhattan.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #274
Nick_A
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasE View Post
Dang, Nick! That is a whole lot of peanut butter ice cream! Is there any chocolate in there? I love peanut butter and chocolate. I must confess I have a sweet tooth. It's the bane of my existence. I organized a cookie swap in December. I thought it would be only 8 or 9 of us. It ended up being about 30. It was crazy. I can't believe that I'm almost finished eating all of the cookies that I brought home now. Ugh!

A friend just went to see Porgy and Bess and raved. But really how can you go wrong with Audra and Norm?

What is your home resort for DVC?
Ha! It's actually not peanut butter ice cream....it's pumpkin spice frozen yogurt with graham cracker crumbs from Red Mango, which is one of my favorite places in the world.

I'm going to see Porgy and Bess on February 1 and I'm quite excited, especially after Brantley's race for Audra. Norm has always been a favorite performer of mine (his rendition of Being Alive is my favorite) and seeing him and Audra together onstage (finally!) has me quite excited.

My home resort for DVC is SSR, but I've never actually stayed there! I bought in there strictly because of the low cost per point and the low maintenance fees. As a real estate transaction, it made the most sense. I've never had trouble "trading up" at my 7 month mark so far!

To the rest of you, thanks for the warm welcome!!!
Nick_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #275
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Welcome Nick! Peanut Butter is splendid and wonderful.

And I echo Chris' early statement. Woo Hoo! Another runner.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #276
disneyygirrl
A dream is a wish your heart makes... <3

Hi everyone!

My name is Meghan, my username is just what I am -- a total disney girl! I live in suburban Pennsylvania, about thirty minutes north of Philadelphia, where I grew up. I recently got engaged to my girlfriend of three years at Cinderella's Royal Table! My favorite park is definitely Magic Kingdom, though I do enjoy Hollywood Studios quite a bit, too! My favorite disney movie... eek! I love the entire Toy Story series, but Lady and the Tramp and The Little Mermaid are my all time favorites! My favorite princess is definitely Ariel and my favorite character is Minnie!

Nice to "meet" all of you!

i'm the blonde -- my fiancee is the brunette.

1993 - Contemporary - My first trip w/ Mom 1997 - Boardwalk Villas - Cousin trip 1999 - All Star Sports - First family trip 2003 - All Star Movies - Senior class trip 2005 - Swan & Dolphin - Family trip 2011 - All Star Music - Romantic trip - engaged at CRT! 2012 - Pop - Family trip
disneyygirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #277
Andynnj
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone

My name is Shane and I live in the metro NYC area. Absolutely love WDW and can't wait to go back this year! Currently agonizing (like I do every year) which property to stay at.
I'll post a pic if someone tells me how to do that on here. I can't figure it out.
Andynnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #278
DrGaellon
Disney Fan - Westgate Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andynnj View Post
My name is Shane and I live in the metro NYC area. Absolutely love WDW and can't wait to go back this year! Currently agonizing (like I do every year) which property to stay at.
I'll post a pic if someone tells me how to do that on here. I can't figure it out.
First, you have to have ten posts; you only have eight.

Once you have ten, you upload your pic to a picture service like Fotki or Flickr or Imageshack. Then you get the URL for the pic from the service, and type: [ IMG ] http://your.url.here [ /IMG ] (but strip out all the spaces).

My BF and I also live in the NYC area (near the end of the #2), but we are thinking about doing Food and Wine Festival in the fall, and skipping Gay Days this year.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #279
MAF
DIS Veteran

Haven't posted a picture in a LONG while so what the heck?

MAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #280
chwgmjay
I think your giraffe is being towed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post
Oh my... uhm... thanks for sharing. LOL
chwgmjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #281
insoin

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF View Post

OH Wow.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #282
Epcotmaniac
Earning My Ears

Hallo Freunde,

my name is Lars, 31 years old and I live in Berlin, Germany.
Its always hard for me to introduce myself in a forum because I never know what to write so I write a short text.

I choosed Epcotmaniac as my username because Epcot Center is my favourite park and I love Spaceship Earth.
During the 90´s my parents and I spent almost every vacation in Orlando and Tampa.

My first solo trip to WDW was in 2006 for Gay Days and I had a really great time. My last trip to WDW was two years ago when I spent two weeks at the Pop Century resort.

I hope to return to WDW for the gaydays in 2013 or for a marathon weekend.

My favourite Disneymovie is Lion King and my favourite shows on TV which are also known in the USA are Glee, King of Queens, Lost, Queer as Folk and Kid vs. Kat.

In my free time I work as a volunteer in the gay scene in the field of HIV prevention.
I will post a pic of me when I´m able to.

Sorry in advance for grammar and spelling mistakes but I must get used to write in english again.
Epcotmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #283
DouglasE
Earning My Ears

Welcome Epcotmaniac!

You will find that there are lots of Epcot fans here at the DIS, myself included. Ok, now I've just made myself hungry just thinking about what meals I could be having if I was touring the World Showcase.

Berlin is near the top of places I'd like to visit. You never know when I might be coming over for a visit. I have a good friend who lives in Oberammergau. While that is quite a bit south of you, if I am going to visit him I would be doing a fair amount of exploring around Germany. I think it is so incredible that we live in this digital age where people from around the world can connect so easily and discuss common interests.

Cheers!

DouglasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #284
rah62
The last Disney virgin

deleted

Last edited by rah62; 02-19-2012 at 05:23 PM.
rah62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #285
MovedbytheMouse
Be gentle, y'all. I'm new round these parts.

So I've been nosing around here for a few days and it's totally taking me back to my high school days when I was the unofficial leader of the Tori Amos boards on Prodigy! (Ten points if you even know what Prodigy is, kids.) I thought it would be fun to try to jump back into the game on here!

My name is Anthony and I live in NYC with my adorable husband Tom. We are both unabashed Disney geeks. (I even proposed to him in the stretching room of the Haunted Mansion!) I am a bit of a hoarder, with what some might call too large collections of Disney stuff...CDs, movies, vinyl, pins, books, etc. You name it. Except vinylmation. I just don't get those little buggers. We try to get to our home parks (mine is WDW, his is DLR) at least once per year. I am about 99% sure that by the end of the year I will have escaped the Big Apple and defected to either Orlando or Southern California. I'm afraid that if I let myself hit the ten year mark in the city my soul will turn into concrete. ---shudder---

Our next trip to Orlando is just weeks away and we will also be visiting Universal in addition to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. It'll be my first time back at Universal since I went with my drama club back in high school and they still had the King Kong ride. I would get all excited because I thought that that was what New York was really like. Minus the giant ape. Tom and I finally broke down and watched all of the Harry Potter movies for the first time over the course of two weeks last month, so we are super stoked to go to the Wizarding World. Plus I have a big ole crush on Daniel Radcliffe. I'm allowed to. He's legal now. Don't judge.

I am obsessed with Mary Blair, the Orange Bird, Hayley Mills, the Haunted Mansion, park history, Stitch, Dole Whips and mint juleps, Rolly Crump, and Kathryn Beaumont, just to name a few. I fully intend that my next tattoo will be the five-legged goat. I have been blogging my Disney thoughts for a while now. I spend a lot of time giving queer readings to Disney stuff, relaying stories (including the engagement) from my life, and ranting about anything and everything Disney adjacent that tickles my fancy.

Part of why I started blogging was to reach out to others in the LGBT community with a love for the Mouse. I have met some really fascinating folks who shared my passion and I am hoping to meet even more through the DIS boards. I hope I haven't broken any rules yet. I can see that one must be mindful of what one says and does up in here. That's OK. I can keep it family friendly. When we meet up and have a drink or two, I'll let it fly! I look forward to getting to know some of you!
MovedbytheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: