Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2011, 05:23 PM   #271
pinkfairy1684
DIS Veteran

I am a big fan of the charcoal! Good choice!!!!

And you are right about it being dramatic in bride world...
pinkfairy1684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #272
BethieTink
DIS Veteran

Love the claret and charcoal! Great choice.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your future sister-in-law. Hope it turns out okay.
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #273
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

I love the new color combo, Jackie!
And YAY! for your planning session being so soon! You are going to have so much fun.
Also, I totally hear ya on the no sleeping situation...So many things are starting to get to me and I don't sleep well at all. I actually sleep for just a couple of hours, get up, get a glass of juice, and then lay down on the couch. Hopefully, all of our worries and stress will be gone soon so we can get some good sleep!
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #274
One_Song
DIS Veteran

I think those colors are beautiful together! Very elegant.
Agh, the bridal insomnia! I constantly have dreams that I get to the wedding and I don't have a dress, or there are no flowers or music.
Can't wait to hear about your PS!

Michelle's Wishes Wedding & Honeymoon PJ & TR
One_Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #275
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

The color combo works really nicely together! Good choice.

And good luck with the bridesmaid "drama." I hope you can talk to the girl and hopefully things can work out. I never in a million years thought I would have any bridesmaid drama, given how low key my friends are, but even I had my fair share, so I think it's just something that comes with planning a wedding! Unfortunately.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #276
belle2211
DIS Veteran

I love your color choice! I too had to change my color from silver to charcoal. One suggestion though. I let my girls pick their own shoes and I had said silver because that was my original color. Well, one of the bridesmaids got a gray shoe instead and everyone agreed that the grey shoe looked way better than the silver shoe. So if you were planning on having silver shoes, you might want to change to gray!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #277
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxysmum123 View Post
Good call on the two colors you've picked, they look great together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfairy1684 View Post
I am a big fan of the charcoal! Good choice!!!!

And you are right about it being dramatic in bride world...
Thank you! I think Becky should take more credit for it than I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethieTink View Post
Love the claret and charcoal! Great choice.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your future sister-in-law. Hope it turns out okay.
Thank you. I sent her yet another fbook message asking her to call me, so I'll keep you guys posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
I love the new color combo, Jackie!
And YAY! for your planning session being so soon! You are going to have so much fun.
Also, I totally hear ya on the no sleeping situation...So many things are starting to get to me and I don't sleep well at all. I actually sleep for just a couple of hours, get up, get a glass of juice, and then lay down on the couch. Hopefully, all of our worries and stress will be gone soon so we can get some good sleep!
Awwwww. I hope so too. I slept a littttle better last night out of exhaustion. I hope you did too. I'll think of you next time I'm up late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Song View Post
I think those colors are beautiful together! Very elegant.
Agh, the bridal insomnia! I constantly have dreams that I get to the wedding and I don't have a dress, or there are no flowers or music.
Can't wait to hear about your PS!
Ahhhh!!! Those are awful dreams. I had one over the weekend that my dad got eaten by a shark and I had to walk down the aisle by myself. (Why did he get eaten by a shark? I have no idea. I think I'm too excited for Shark Week...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
The color combo works really nicely together! Good choice.

And good luck with the bridesmaid "drama." I hope you can talk to the girl and hopefully things can work out. I never in a million years thought I would have any bridesmaid drama, given how low key my friends are, but even I had my fair share, so I think it's just something that comes with planning a wedding! Unfortunately.
I didn't think I'd have any either--- but, alas! Thankfully, Becky and Richelle are REALLY on top of everything. I am so thankful for both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
I love your color choice! I too had to change my color from silver to charcoal. One suggestion though. I let my girls pick their own shoes and I had said silver because that was my original color. Well, one of the bridesmaids got a gray shoe instead and everyone agreed that the grey shoe looked way better than the silver shoe. So if you were planning on having silver shoes, you might want to change to gray!
Oohhh actually--- Becky and Richelle already thought of that! They are already on the hunt for charcoal shoes! I'm letting everyone pick out their own shoe color/style/etc though. :D

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #278
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

Hi Jackie! I found you!!!! I definitely just spent the evening reading through most of your plans! Your wedding will be amazing! I love your ribbon center pieces...I think the Minnie Mouse one is my favorite!!!

Also, your dress is AMAZING!!! Just the idea of going wedding dress shopping stresses me out!! I have NO idea what I want!!

We will be there, probably staying at Pop (we decided to go value so we could afford to head to the beach for a few days after Disney!!), from Jan 6-11, so maybe we'll run into you guys! That is, if I can move from my hotel room after running the 1/2 marathon!!

I'll keep reading along for sure!!

PS - HI BECKY!!!!!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
CAStevens218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:27 AM   #279
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm a bit late... but your new colour choices are gorgeous, love the charcoal with the claret.

Have things with your SIL worked out yet? xx
Old 07-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #280
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAStevens218 View Post
Hi Jackie! I found you!!!! I definitely just spent the evening reading through most of your plans! Your wedding will be amazing! I love your ribbon center pieces...I think the Minnie Mouse one is my favorite!!!

Also, your dress is AMAZING!!! Just the idea of going wedding dress shopping stresses me out!! I have NO idea what I want!!

We will be there, probably staying at Pop (we decided to go value so we could afford to head to the beach for a few days after Disney!!), from Jan 6-11, so maybe we'll run into you guys! That is, if I can move from my hotel room after running the 1/2 marathon!!

I'll keep reading along for sure!!

PS - HI BECKY!!!!!
Thank you for reading! I'm glad you found me.

I was really lucky with dress shopping... I had been staring at the Cinderella dress for months, and I knew it was the one. I am a very straightforward kind of girl, I suppose!

And Pop is the way to go! I've stayed there 4 or 5 times, and we'll be there again in 18 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
Sorry I'm a bit late... but your new colour choices are gorgeous, love the charcoal with the claret.

Have things with your SIL worked out yet? xx
Thank you! And, actually, things with the SIL have worked out! She chose a dress, but now I am ---surprise, surprise!--- having more difficulties with Alfred Angelo! I will post more about that when/if it gets resolved....

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Old 07-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #281
jlocmac
DIS Veteran

Hey Jackie!!

Just wanted to drop in... I love your new colors. They are Beautiful!! I'm so glad things are FINALLY working out with your bridesmaids!! It makes me glad that I'm not having any!!

I can't wait to hear about your PS. I'm so jealous you get to go to DW so soon! I keep telling the DF that it's not fair that Jackie gets to go, and I can't. He says to just get over it!! lol

But... I'm happy for you!!! Everything is going to AWESOME!!
Old 07-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #282
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocmac View Post
Hey Jackie!!

Just wanted to drop in... I love your new colors. They are Beautiful!! I'm so glad things are FINALLY working out with your bridesmaids!! It makes me glad that I'm not having any!!

I can't wait to hear about your PS. I'm so jealous you get to go to DW so soon! I keep telling the DF that it's not fair that Jackie gets to go, and I can't. He says to just get over it!! lol

But... I'm happy for you!!! Everything is going to AWESOME!!
Thank you!!! And I'm sorry you can't come with me and DF in August! (Trust me, I don't think he's terribly excited to sit in a room and plan a wedding for four hours. He is, however, excited for cake.) I'll be SO whiny when you're there for your wedding though because that's my BIRTHDAY week! And you'll be there for the HALLOWEEN decorations and I'm totally hardcore jealous.

-----------

Okay, just a quick post: ALL BRIDESMAID DRESSES ARE ORDERED!!!!!!!!!!!!! There. Those were some of the happiest similes I could find! So, for backstory...

I talked to Chris's sister, and I'm really glad I did. We had a pretty good heart to heart, and she's getting some of the healing she needs, so I'm really happy for her. And she also picked out a new dress!!! She's going to wear this one:

This will be in claret of course.

And she will have this sash to go with it:

Becky's dress has this sash too! So there is a bit of continuity between my two bridesmaids, and my MOH's dress is a littttle different, so it works out well. I'm really excited and I think they're all going to look gorgeous.

BUT, I called Alfred Angelo yesterday to order said dress. (I ordered it for his sister and then she'll pay me back.) This is the convo I had:

Me: "Hi! I was wondering if I could order a bridesmaid dress over the phone?"
Saleswoman: "You can't order a dress over the phone. But hold on..."

*Jackie waits 5 minutes*

Saleswoman: "Hello? Can I call you back?"
Me: "...Sure?"

...and then I never got a call back! Let's just say I was fuming....

So I called today to order the dress.... and then the computer system was down! (Cue super annoyed Jackie today) I had to wait a few hours, but thankfully I was able to order the dress over the phone with no hassle. Thank the Lord Almighty!

Also, I am (im)patiently waiting to hear back from the wonderful Randy Chapman. Chris and I have decided to have photography for the whole day--- we weren't going to originally, but I hemmed and hawed and decided I wanted it, so cross your fingers he's still available! He's also going to ask his mom to help pay for that so it doesn't break our banks. (She may not like me, but she LOVES DF, so I'm not too worried about that.)

I think I'm going to call Beaute Speciale tomorrow and schedule a hair appointment for the morning of our Epcot photoshoot, the 8th. I wasn't going to do that either, but I realized today that I can barely do a ponytail; I certainly won't be able to make my hair look acceptable enough for portraits! (I am already worried about engagement pics... any suggestions????)

That's all for now girls. Happy Shark Week, if you're into that like I am!

Old 07-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #283
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you talked to her and feel better about things! It's always best to be open about it and the fact that you can talk to her is really good And i love the dress! The sash is really gorgeous too, I think it adds a lot.

Definitely a good idea to go with photography for the whole day. I'm having full day coverage as well, and it makes me feel so much better to not have to worry about squeezing pictures in or not getting professional shots of something important.
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #284
pinkmiss3
Mouseketeer

YAY for ordering the bridesmaid dresses! I can't believe there were even more problems with Alfred Angelo! At least it all got sorted out. I hope everything works out with Randy for your wedding day. We are also going to have him, but for 5 hours. You must be so excited for your planning session!!!!!! I am so excited for you and I can't wait for the details!
Old 07-31-2011, 08:32 PM   #285
Starssaygoodbye
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAStevens218 View Post

PS - HI BECKY!!!!!

Hi Christin!!!! :D:D:D

Starssaygoodbye is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: