Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #76
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks for the welcome, Rebecca. Okay, I've now gone back and read it all and am all caught up.

Your "3 Sudafed and Afrin Spray" have me considering. My ears so bother me when we fly that it is a day at least before I feel any better. However, when I take Sudafed my equilabrium goes off whack so not sure if that would be a good thing for me or not. Maybe I'll ask my doctor when I go in for my annual check up next month what she thinks.
Is there any kind of decongestant that you can take? The stuff that they now sell on the shelves (phenylephrine, I think?) doesn't work very well for me, but if it works for you then I think that would have the same effect. I stick with the old fashioned sudafed. Am I the only one that feels like a criminal asking the pharmacist for that stuff? Darn tweakers have ruined it for everyone!

Quote:
Your daughters are adorable; well, your whole family is beautiful, but especially the girls.
Aww, thank you Kathy!

Quote:
Love that you found a way to get there the night before and have a "whole first day" at the parks. Our oldest son stayed at the CBR in 2009; he was in Barbados and really liked the Philly Cheesesteak sandwich at the food court there.

Can't wait to hear if the girls do Space Mountain.
Hmmm, I do like a good philly - but I did not see that at the food court when we were there. I'll eat anything if you throw enough onions and peppers and melted cheese on it!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #77
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aladdinsgirl View Post
YAY! I just found your trip report! Loved following you on your ptr, I was hoping you'd write this. Going back to read now.
Hey Krista! Thanks for comin' over! Gosh, my ptr was so long ago, I wondered if anyone would even remember it!
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 06:08 PM   #78
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

We Interrupt this Broadcast to bring you.....

SNOW DAY!

I woke up this morning to 8 inches of snow, and it was still coming down:

I wasn't sure if Woody would want to go out in it, but he loved it!

The girls bundled up and I took them to a park not far from us that has an aphitheater. It makes a great sledding hill. The problem was, there was almost TOO much snow. It was very fluffy and not packed down yet and their sleds kept getting stuck. Their little friend that came with brought a sled that looked like a boogie board, and it did much better. I stayed in the car with the heat on and listened to the radio - Dave Ramsey's show was on. I'm sure the other parents that were out there on the hill with their kids thought I was a real stick in the mud, but I don't have snow pants and I just finally threw out my old snow boots that I've had since high school. Yeah, I don't wear an 8 anymore. Not after two babies. Who am I kidding? So, without boots and pants I'm staying in the warm, dry car.

Lousy pic, took it with my cell phone.

This was the biggest snow we've had in years. I think we ended up with about a foot. Maybe I'm creatively revising my memories, but it seems like we always had big snows when I was a kid. And we very rarely got out of school for it. Now a days, we usually only get little snows, 2 or 3 inches, and they call school off at the drop of a hat. They've already cancelled it for tomorrow as well.

So, I thought now would be a good time to throw in some pre-trip info for my next trip, since I'm not going to do a separate report for it.

In... let me check my countdown timer....35 days and 12 hours, I'll be leaving the freezing Missouri winter for 4 wonderful days of Disney sunshine. Well, I hope its sunny! Sunny and 70's - that's what I'm hoping for.

This trip was instigated by my cousin Katie, who brought up the idea last summer. She wanted to run the Princess Half Marathon. She'd talked to my cousin Marcy, and she was up for it as well. They both wanted to lose some post-baby weight, and thought it would be a great motivator. They asked if I was interested, and I said, "In trip to Disney? Sure! In running a half? No way Jose!" I'm not much of a runner. I try, but I have asthma and it always trips me up. I'll work up to the point where I can run a mile or two - and then I'll catch a cold and it will trigger the asthma. Then it'll take me 3 or 4 weeks for my lungs to recover enough to start running again and I'm back to square one.

If I WERE a runner, I'd love to do this race. Participants dress up in tiaras and tutus - how fun! I love this pic from Disney's site:

With the three of us on board, we decided to talk the other gals in the family into it and make it a girls weekend. In the end, we got the three of us, our other cousin, my mom and two aunts. We were still in the 'just talking' stage but our 180 days was fast approaching. Nobody had fully committed yet, but I figured we were pretty solid. So, I went ahead and made some dining reservations for the 8 of us.

I booked us into two rooms at Port Orleans Riverside on a free dining special. We'll be there three nights, so we just did 2 day park tickets to economize.

Port Orleans is my favorite resort, and I haven't been since 2007. I borrowed some of these pics from here over on the wdwinfo side:

Then, Marcy talked a friend into going and all of a sudden we had four more girls. Shoot! This would really throw a wrench in my dining plans! I booked a room for our four additions at Port Orleans as well. Then I had to figure out what to do about meals. Surprisingly, I had no problem getting a table for 12 at the new Mexican restaurant at Epcot. I'm really looking forward to this one. But for Chef Mickey's on Saturday night? Nope, nada. I ended up getting them a table for 4 about 30 minutes after us. I figure we can all show up together and see what they can do. And if they can't do anything, that's okay.

Other than planning meals, we really haven't done any talking about our plans. I'm hoping we'll all be able to get together this weekend to do that. One thing I've been trying to work on - a tee shirt. Been trying to come up with something clever to put on a tee shirt for us, but not being very clever I'm at a total loss. Any help would be appreciated!

Next up: Episode 5: "There's Six of Us"

Last edited by Sleepingbooty; 01-26-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #79
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Ooh How exciting , another trip to plan !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 01-20-2011, 06:53 PM   #80
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Hey, sounds like a fun trip. Glad you're getting back to POR. I really like that resort.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the new Mexican restaurant at Epcot. It looks pretty good.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #81
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 01-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #82
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the snow pictures and Woody in the snow. Our dog HATES snow.

Sounds like a fun trip. We've never stayed at POR, but we have visited a number of times and it would be the moderate we would stay at if ours wasn't available. I bet when you get to Chef Mickey's that they'll be able to fit you all in at the same time.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #83
Minnie824
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Thanks for reading! Is this your family's first trip in June? My parents LOVE going to WDW with us - great granddaughter bonding time for them
No..I've been since I was 4...DH & I honeymooned...girls have been every year since the older one was 4. This is our 2nd trip with my parents. they definitely love coming along w/the girls too. Have fun at the marathon!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:46 AM   #84
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Are you going to dress in a tutu? I think it would be GREAT! When else can a momma dress like that in public and {NOT} get giggled at?

I love Port Orleans! You guys are going to have an amaazing time... and I have heard NOTHING but {GREAT!} things about the new Mexican spot!

Btw- I wish our schools would close. We rarely close for any amount of snow. Today our current temp is -21. OUCH! {still school though!}

Old 01-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #85
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Ooh How exciting , another trip to plan !!!
I know I know! And since this will be a totally different type of trip, that makes it even more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Hey, sounds like a fun trip. Glad you're getting back to POR. I really like that resort.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the new Mexican restaurant at Epcot. It looks pretty good.
I think it looks good too, on the other hand - I'm not sure it will go over extremely well with the rest of my party. I've looked at the menu, and it doesn't have the typical things like enchiladas and quesadillas. Hope they can stretch themselves and order something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Subscribing
Glad to have ya!

Quote:
Love the snow pictures and Woody in the snow. Our dog HATES snow.

Sounds like a fun trip. We've never stayed at POR, but we have visited a number of times and it would be the moderate we would stay at if ours wasn't available. I bet when you get to Chef Mickey's that they'll be able to fit you all in at the same time.
I was surprised he like the snow. But it was a pain in the patooty every time he wanted to go out. He'd come in covered in snow and even after I rubbed him down with a towel, I wouldn't be able to get it all off so he'd have to go in his crate for a while to drip dry.

You are a big CSR fan, am I right? Its hard to switch from your favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie824 View Post
No..I've been since I was 4...DH & I honeymooned...girls have been every year since the older one was 4. This is our 2nd trip with my parents. they definitely love coming along w/the girls too. Have fun at the marathon!
Multi-generational trips are awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Are you going to dress in a tutu? I think it would be GREAT! When else can a momma dress like that in public and {NOT} get giggled at?

I love Port Orleans! You guys are going to have an amaazing time... and I have heard NOTHING but {GREAT!} things about the new Mexican spot!

Btw- I wish our schools would close. We rarely close for any amount of snow. Today our current temp is -21. OUCH! {still school though!}
If I was running, I'd TOTALLY wear a tutu. Heck, maybe I'll just wear one anyway to show my support

Wow, you real temp is -21? Not your windchill? Brrrrrr! I thought we were bad at 6 degrees this morning. Bright and sunny though, so that helps! We do have a small section of our district that is more rural with narrow windy roads. So I always assume that's why they call off school so often.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #86
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
I

I was surprised he like the snow. But it was a pain in the patooty every time he wanted to go out. He'd come in covered in snow and even after I rubbed him down with a towel, I wouldn't be able to get it all off so he'd have to go in his crate for a while to drip dry.

You are a big CSR fan, am I right? Its hard to switch from your favorite!
Yes, we put our Cookie in her crate too so that she can drip.

Yes, we are bigt CSR fans (stay number 10 will be this year). But I do think one of these days we'll do a split stay with POR; but first I want to do AKL (which we are doing this trip as you know) and the Beach Club.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #87
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

That's great you got so many girls to go on this trip with you!h What a fun time - even if you don't run. You can cheer them on and encourage them!

I wouldn't worry about the CM timing; show up at your first ADR time and tell them you're willing to wait for tables near each other when they become available.

Hmmmm.... T-shirts? Not a clue...

WOW! You all got a great snowfall! I'm sure your girls LOVED having a day off AND getting to go to a fun place to play in it. If you have school off tomorrow as well, the snow should be even better to sled on!

Old 01-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #88
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we put our Cookie in her crate too so that she can drip.

Yes, we are bigt CSR fans (stay number 10 will be this year). But I do think one of these days we'll do a split stay with POR; but first I want to do AKL (which we are doing this trip as you know) and the Beach Club.
I'm thinking about a split stay next time as well. Just to defray the cost of staying a few nights Deluxe.

Love the name Cookie for a dog, how cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
That's great you got so many girls to go on this trip with you!h What a fun time - even if you don't run. You can cheer them on and encourage them!

I wouldn't worry about the CM timing; show up at your first ADR time and tell them you're willing to wait for tables near each other when they become available.

Hmmmm.... T-shirts? Not a clue...

WOW! You all got a great snowfall! I'm sure your girls LOVED having a day off AND getting to go to a fun place to play in it. If you have school off tomorrow as well, the snow should be even better to sled on!
Liesa - I am counting on you to come up with something clever for me! Maybe when I give some more details about the trip you'll hit on something!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:22 AM   #89
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just checking in !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip
Old 01-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #90
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Hi Rosie!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: