Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 PM   #46
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I love that you said you had a Griswold moment, cause my mom & I love those movies and say that on our trips too!

MCO is my favorite airport I've ever been to. Mostly cause it means I'm at Disney, of course, but it really is just nice. Our airport here is kind of cold and uninviting, but MCO is so warm and welcoming.

I love the pics, you guys are such a cute family. Your CBR pics are making me miss it there so much! It's so hard to try new Disney Resorts when you are so glued to the ones you've already tried and love.

Can't wait for more (:
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #47
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I'm in! Sounds like a fun trip already!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #48
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update !!Especially the part about the sudafed !!!Judy suffers with her ears when flying and one time I told her to take a ssinus med and she did and said it worked , then we couldn't find it coming back!!So I am putting sudafed and afrin on my list of must haves !! Thanks !!
Glad I could help! It really does work amazingly well
Old 01-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #49
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I love the pics, you guys are such a cute family. Your CBR pics are making me miss it there so much! It's so hard to try new Disney Resorts when you are so glued to the ones you've already tried and love.

Can't wait for more (:
Aww thanks! I feel the same way - except my favorite resort is POR. I so would rather have just gone back there, but in the interest of research I felt I needed to stay at CBR at least once, so I'll have tried all the mods. But we loved it. I'd definitely go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I'm in! Sounds like a fun trip already!
Hey there! Thanks for joinin in!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #50
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post

My family leaves the trip planning up to me, for the most part. I attempt to involve them in the decision making (remember my PowerPoint, anyone)
Yes, I remember.

Quote:

but I pretty much call the shots.
Yes, I believe it.

Quote:

Then we had what you might call a "Griswold Moment." I went to go back the car out of the garage and I hear a "Whoa whoa whoa!" I slammed on the brake and got out. I thought maybe one of the girls had come out of the house and gone behind the car - my heart was beating like crazy! It was only my dad standing there, shaking his head. If I'd gone another foot, we would have had a big problem. My dad, the genius, had not noticed that the suitcases stood higher up than the garage door when he put them up there! Of course, I hadn't either. Oops!
I almost did that a couple of years ago, but the other way around. I was about to drive into the garage while we had a cartop carrier on the roof. That was a close one.

Quote:

He changed clothes and we did all those last minute things you do when you are leaving for a week. Thermostat, blinds, locks, pets, petsitter info, computer and tv power strips off.
...have the kids take a bathroom break even though they just went 10 minutes ago.

Quote:

Typically, my dad always gets "randomly" selected to be searched or questioned. He says its because of his swarthy good looks.
The Security people probably just want to meet Frank Zappa.

Quote:

I think Southwest is reserving more and more of its spots in line for its platinum members and those who are willing to fork over the $10pp/per leg to pre board. Even when I get on the website at EXACTLY 24 hours and 0 seconds before my flight to check in, I barely make it in to the back of the A group. Oh well, at least we got two rows together.
I have had this same suspicion also. I think it's more people taking the $10 deal.

Quote:

By this time, it was midnight (11 to us), but we were excited to be there and not at all ready to hit the sack. We quickly changed into suits and headed for Old Port Royale. The pool looked beautiful at night.
You guys are vacationing maniacs! I'm impressed.

Quote:

Cool looking pool!

Quote:

We'd get a good night sleep and a good breakfast and then head to......
Cliffhanger?! Aaaaah!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM   #51
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I almost did that a couple of years ago, but the other way around. I was about to drive into the garage while we had a cartop carrier on the roof. That was a close one.
So who realized what was going to happen and stopped it - you or Judy?

Quote:
The Security people probably just want to meet Frank Zappa.
And give old Frank a pat-down

Quote:
I have had this same suspicion also. I think it's more people taking the $10 deal.
I'm WAY too cheap to take the deal.

Quote:
You guys are vacationing maniacs! I'm impressed.
Yeah, I don't know what got into us - we're usually in bed by 10!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #52
soldiersmom
Mouseketeer

Joining the party late, but enjoying the heck out of your report. I had to look really close at that first picture in front of the castle because your mom looks almost EXACTLY like a girl I went to high school with. Not her, though. The one I know married a non-Frank Zappa look-alike too few years ago to have a 30-something daughter.

Can't wait to read the rest....cliffhangers...
Old 01-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #53
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Griswold moment! Love it!

I'm amazed you all still had enough energy to take a swim. After a long trip on the plane all I want to do is sleep.

Your daughters are adorable!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #54
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiersmom View Post
Joining the party late, but enjoying the heck out of your report. I had to look really close at that first picture in front of the castle because your mom looks almost EXACTLY like a girl I went to high school with. Not her, though. The one I know married a non-Frank Zappa look-alike too few years ago to have a 30-something daughter.

Can't wait to read the rest....cliffhangers...
You're not too late!

How funny - my mom has a doppelganger! When I was a kid, people used to tell her she looked like Darryl Hannah. She loved that. I always told her she looked more like Sally Kellerman. She didn't like that comparison as much

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Griswold moment! Love it!

I'm amazed you all still had enough energy to take a swim. After a long trip on the plane all I want to do is sleep.

Your daughters are adorable!
Aww thanks Jen!

You gotta remember, we aren't flying all the way from Canada! Plus - we 'made up some time in the air' so the flight only took about 2 hours. But mostly it was just first day excitement.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #55
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Episode 4:Magic Kingdom & Ohana, part 1

After a late night arrival and check-in and our midnight swim, we planned to sleep in. Normally, our first day would also be our arrival day. We typically fly in to MCO about 11, take DME to our resort, drop the bags and head to a park by early afternoon. After getting up early to get to the airport, traveling all morning, back and forth on Disney buses, and spending the rest of the day at the parks, that first day is usually exhausting. This would be a totally different experience for us. We would get a good night's sleep, a leisurely breakfast, and still make it to the parks HOURS before we would have if we'd arrived only that morning.

Of course, when you have the opportunity to sleep in, it doesn't happen. We got up around 8. Not too late, but a good hour to hour and a half later than we normally would at Disney.

We took our time getting ready and headed over to the food court at Old Port Royale for breakfast, stopping to take some pics along the way.

Hmmm, I guess I just took one pic. I know I took more on another morning. Anyway, we made the short trek over the bridge to OPR. 5 minute walk, tops. We were really ideally located in the Jamaica section. Plus, its the prettiest, in my opinion.

We checked out the breakfast options at the foodcourt and I went for the french toast. It was just okay - I had to heat it up in the microwave. I'd been looking forward to dining in this foodcourt - I've always been a sucker for faux-outdoor spaces. But honestly - it was a bit disorienting. It was dim in there, it felt like dusk - all the time.

Anyhow, we enjoyed our leisurely breakfast and then proceeded to the bus stop at OPR to catch a ride to Magic Kingdom. I've tried starting out our trips at other parks, but we've come to the conclusion that for us, we don't truly feel like our trip has begun until we see the castle.

With a short wait, we were on our way.

We arrived at MK about quarter after 10. I was a little worried that we would run into massive crowds because this was an a.m. EMH day and therefore not a recommended day to visit MK (unless you were going to get there at 8am and take advantage of EMH before hopping elsewhere - which we weren't)

Normally, I would have been in such a rush to get in the I would have snapped a quick shot of the girls in front of the train station and that would have been it. By looking at our pictures, it looks like we just stood around chatting for a while - you'd think we weren't anxious to get to the good stuff! But we were all still in that 'no rush' frame of mind that we took our time and got some photopass pics and then leisurely strolled in and got our bearings. I just love all the Halloween decorations.

I can't remember the last time I visited that there wasn't a crane in my castle pics for one reason or another.

We asked the girls what they wanted to do first, and to my surprise, they said the TTA. Really? I mean, it's definitely one of my favorites, and I know its one of theirs as well, I just thought they'd pick a bit more of a headliner. But, it was unanimous, so off we went.

As we zipped by Space Mountain, I noticed there was no wait at all, and this was 10:30 on an EMH Saturday morning!

Would this be the year I get my girls to ride it???

Up Next: We Now Interrupt this Broadcast...

Last edited by Sleepingbooty; 01-20-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #57
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So who realized what was going to happen and stopped it - you or Judy?

And give old Frank a pat-down

I'm WAY too cheap to take the deal.

Yeah, I don't know what got into us - we're usually in bed by 10!
We plan on taking the deal but I am hoping we can get away with only 3 of us doing it and saving seats !!Any body know if that's been done successfully!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-16-2011, 03:30 PM   #58
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great MK update !!!!The park didn't look to crowded at all!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #59
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love your relaxed attitude. I don't know if I could have been so relaxed.
It was very out of the ordinary!

Quote:
We plan on taking the deal but I am hoping we can get away with only 3 of us doing it and saving seats !!Any body know if that's been done successfully!!!
I bet you'd get away with that - I don't see why not. I'm too cheap!

Quote:
Great MK update !!!!The park didn't look to crowded at all!!
I think the crowd level was rated at "1" that day, but still - it wasn't a recommended park due to the a.m. EMH and the park closing early for MNSSHP. This was the first time we've ever gone against touringplans' advice, but it was fine.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:33 AM   #60
Pyrate_Pryncess
If I'm a redheaded ninja, does that make me a Gin-ja? I would like to think so!

Looks like a great start at MK!! Can't wait to read more!!!!!

2008-First trip, ASMU2011-Christmas time in the parks, POP2012-A break for the kids, POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: