Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #16
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooo, I think I made the top of page 2, where ALL the hip action REALLY is. I can't believe you've got 3 chapters up already; you move faster than me when I find a spider in the jacuzzi!!

Old 01-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #17
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Followed you over from Glenn's TR !! Going back to read!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #18
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay I am caught up!! I do believe we must have been there the same week in May 2009 !! That was the year of the BIG Dis Meet !!! Like 50 of us met at Epcot !!!We were also there in Sept 2009!!! Man I think we better keep tabs on each other for the future !! Just don't tell Marv!!Luv Ya Marv
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 01-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #19
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Hey Rebecca! I'm here and subscribed! Will have to catch up tomorrow. You gotta let me in on how you make those fabulous picture links in your siggie!
Hey Jen! Cynthia's the expert on graphics - I need to find out how she makes hers flash back and forth between more than one picture. All I do is make a little piece of artwork and save it as a jpeg, load it up to Photobucket and then plug it in my signature. You get it to serve as a link the same way you do when you type words and use them as a link: select the img link and then click that little earth button. Is that what you were asking? Maybe I'm being dense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
Wooooooohoooooooooooooooo, I think I made the top of page 2, where ALL the hip action REALLY is. I can't believe you've got 3 chapters up already; you move faster than me when I find a spider in the jacuzzi!!
Yay! You made it! I figured I needed something to do to pass the time - I can't just sit here drumming my fingers waiting for your next update all day, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Followed you over from Glenn's TR !! Going back to read!!
Hi Rosie! Welcome welcome! I'm glad you headed over my way
Old 01-10-2011, 10:40 AM   #20
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Hey Jen! Cynthia's the expert on graphics - I need to find out how she makes hers flash back and forth between more than one picture. All I do is make a little piece of artwork and save it as a jpeg, load it up to Photobucket and then plug it in my signature. You get it to serve as a link the same way you do when you type words and use them as a link: select the img link and then click that little earth button. Is that what you were asking? Maybe I'm being dense...
You're not being dense. My question was more of how you make them i.e. photoshop, etc. For example, you're most recent one is of the Survivor logo but you were able to change the wording and everything. How did you do that?!?

And your Dad is like Frank Zappa?!?!?!? And well, being similar to Oscar the Grouch isn't straying too far from what Zappa was like anyway. I need to meet this man! Do/did you listen to any of his music? I'm a big fan if you haven't already guessed

Oh, and great start to the TR! I'm so happy you decided to write one. It's never too late! I've actually been considering writing one's from my trips two years ago. That might be pushing it though....
Old 01-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #21
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Oh, okay. Well, what I did in this case is found a Survivor logo I liked on Google and saved it to my computer. Then I opened it in Paint.net, which is a free, open source software similar to Photoshop. Then I painted over the word "Survivor" and created a new layer and typed September 2010 Trip Report (or whatever it says). Oh, actually, first I had to find a free Survivor like font to download (which was easy to find). Then I did something similar to the word Outwit to change it to say Outplay. If you don't have Photoshop and are too cheap (like me) to lay out for it, you should try Paint.net. Its not as good, but you can really do quite a bit of stuff with it. I'll probably buy Photoshop Elements, but we are planning on getting a Mac in a couple months, so it would be a waste of money to buy a Windows version now. I'll just wait.

Actually, I don't know really how much my dad's personality is like Frank Zappa - but people have always said he looks like him. Probably less so now that his hair has gone all gray. When I was a little kid, he wore it in a ponytail. So, looks: Zappa, personality: Oscar

You should totally write that report - I love retro reports!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #22
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
The Plan of Attack
Boss! De Plan! De Plan!
Quote:
(sidenote: did anyone else watch Fantasy Island way back when?
Never heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty
Now, there are those who disagree, but I LOVE the free dining discount. We typically stay at the Moderate resorts, so it works out to save us more money off our total than a 35% room only code would (which we had at one point). I also fall in the camp that feels the dining plan is a good deal in general, so we typically buy it even if it isn't free. We've become accustomed to eating one table service meal each day while we are at Disney, and we spend more doing that out of pocket than the cost of the plan. And I DO so love not even bothering to look at the right hand side of the menu. THAT in and of itself is a vacation to me!
I wholeheartedly agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty

So here is the gist of our Plan of Attack:
  • Fly into MCO on Friday, September 17th in the evening
  • Stay at Caribbean Beach Resort 9/17 - 9/25
  • 8 day base tickets for the parks
  • 1 full day at Islands of Adventure (a surprise for the girls)
  • 1 day at Typhoon Lagoon
  • Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Tuesday, 9/21
  • ADRs at:
  • Ohana
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe
  • Le Cellier
  • Chef Mickey's
  • 1900 Park Fare
  • 50's Prime Time
  • Hoop De Doo Review

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......pretty spreadsheet. ME LIKE!

Great start! I can't wait to read more!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #23
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

GB!!! A hale and hearty to the King of TRs! So glad to have you back around these parts and especially here on my lil ole thread
Old 01-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #24
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

OMG I was drawn to your TR immediately b/c of my Survivor obsession... I actually just finished watching Heroes Vs Villians for a SECOND time b/c I just can't wait til February for the new season. I LOVE your logo.

Your kids are so cute and I love the description of your parents - LOL! Frank Zappa & Oscar the Grouch? Awesome awesome.

Can't wait for more!!
Old 01-10-2011, 03:57 PM   #25
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I'm afraid you'll have to wait at least another day and a half...

I am sitting on the floor in the commons area at Bek's Comm. College while she's in class- then I have to help her take care of a few "housekeeping" issues (bus pass, add/drop ballroom dancing, etc...) then will drive back to POrtland. I haven't even started writing my C chapter yet, nor unloaded the pix. Sooooooooo.... could take a bit.

Meantime, maybe, just maybe, I can catch up on a few of the threads i'm on.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:04 PM   #26
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
OMG I was drawn to your TR immediately b/c of my Survivor obsession... I actually just finished watching Heroes Vs Villians for a SECOND time b/c I just can't wait til February for the new season. I LOVE your logo.
Hi there!!!! You know its funny, I haven't actually watched Survivor in a couple years - but I did used to be a big fan. We did actually have a Survivor moment on this trip though - I think about day 4. Won't give it away yet but it was very funny and inspired my title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Your kids are so cute and I love the description of your parents - LOL! Frank Zappa & Oscar the Grouch? Awesome awesome.

Can't wait for more!!
Thanks! Working on an update now....
Old 01-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #27
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
I'm afraid you'll have to wait at least another day and a half...

I am sitting on the floor in the commons area at Bek's Comm. College while she's in class- then I have to help her take care of a few "housekeeping" issues (bus pass, add/drop ballroom dancing, etc...) then will drive back to POrtland. I haven't even started writing my C chapter yet, nor unloaded the pix. Sooooooooo.... could take a bit.

Meantime, maybe, just maybe, I can catch up on a few of the threads i'm on.
Darn. We are predicting a snow day tomorrow - perfect DIS-ing weather, was hoping I'd have Liesa update.

Wait, what are you posting on - you said you are at the college? Your new netbook?
Old 01-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #28
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
GB!!! A hale and hearty to the King of TRs! So glad to have you back around these parts and especially here on my lil ole thread
I think Jordan and Zzub will alwas be the TR kings, even In Absentia. But thanks for the welcome ! Seeing a lot of familiar faces here. Followed you over from Glenn.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #29
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Hi Rebecca!! I love the start to your TR and am looking forward to read more about your trip.

And don't worry about a late start. I am moving with ours at a snail's pace so I am sure you will be able to finish way faster than me even though our trip was a year ago and I am still writing the TR!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 01-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #30
mom3sonstt
DIS Veteran

I'm following over from Glenn's also!

Loved Fantasy Island as a kid, wanted to get Season 1 for my middle son for Christmas (he loves old TV shows), but hubby didn't think Ryne would like it. Right now he's watching Charlie's Angels, Monk, MacGyver and Smallville, he's finished off the Dick VanDyke shows.

We've never done the Dining Plan, maybe if it were free would try it, but we bought in to DVC and it's not free if you are using points, plus with the convenience of a kitchen in our rooms we keep breakfast food and sandwich supplies on hand, so we would probably never use all of the dining credits.

How fun to travel with your parents.....we did it once about 13-14 years ago and haven't been able to convince them to go again. After we bought our DVC and I was talking about our next trip to my mom she asked me how much longer we "had" to keep going there. I told her we "get" to keep going until 2042 (or something like that) She just doesn't get the Disney love. I think Dad would like to go again sometime, but until she agrees to it he won't do it.

Organ Donors Save Lives www.lifegoeson.com RIP Bret 10-10-62 to 11-26-08
Thank you to the family who cared enough to share! (Kidney recipient 2/22/11)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: