Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #151
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Aww, you can see how nervous Jenna looks in the picture with your mom on Flight of the Hippogriff!
I know, poor baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Lucy totally did what I would have done at that age though. If my parents would have said we were going somewhere other then Disney, I totally would have burst into tears!
And I totally get it looking back on it, but at the time I was definitely a little disappointed. Not the reaction I was hoping for!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Are you telling me that you can't hold your butterbeer Booty?
No, Booty can NOT hold her Butterbeer! Or regular beer for that matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post
It looks so neat there! and the rides do sound fun!! Maybe someday, if I can tear myself away from WDW, I'll get there
It was VERY hard to give up a Disney day to do it. But I'm glad we did, it was just so darn cool.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #152
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Loving your coverage on HP! The theming looks incredible. I would especially love to see Honeydukes. $10 chocolate frogs is a little steep but how often are you going to find those at your corner store? Good call on the pepto bismol. I don't leave home without it when I'm traveling. I hate feeling nauseous when all I'm trying to do is have fun! Was Jenna okay on Flight of the Hippogriff? She looks a little nervous....
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #153
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update! Love the pic of the girls by the Puking Pastilles sign.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 PM   #154
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Loving your coverage on HP! The theming looks incredible. I would especially love to see Honeydukes. $10 chocolate frogs is a little steep but how often are you going to find those at your corner store? Good call on the pepto bismol. I don't leave home without it when I'm traveling. I hate feeling nauseous when all I'm trying to do is have fun! Was Jenna okay on Flight of the Hippogriff? She looks a little nervous....
Yep, don't leave home without the little pink pills. Just put it on my packing list for my Princess trip.

Jenna was definitely very nervous. The bad mom in me gets really annoyed at this. She did fine, she even went again later (not that she really wanted to).

The frogs sat in our fridge half (or less) eaten for about 2 months before I finally threw them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update! Love the pic of the girls by the Puking Pastilles sign.
The window displays were one of the best aspects of the whole village. Very well done!
Old 02-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #155
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Episode 8: Oh The Places You'll Go!

By 11 am, we were done with Harry Potter Town. We headed back out the way we came, anxious to check out the Seuss-y area. We came first to trolley ride, which was short and sweet, then the Caro-Seussel:

Then we ate lunch at Circus McGurkus Cafe Stupendous. The prices were not bad - $7 and $8 for meals, but the food was just okay. I think we all had either chicken caesar salads or chicken sandwiches with fries. Back out on the streets, we hit up One Fish Two Fish, a Dumbo-like ride, and The Cat in the Hat, which was a very well done dark ride.

Not sure why I didn't take more pictures in this part of the park. We then meandered through Marvel Super Hero Island and Toon Lagoon on our way back to Jurassic Park. I was very impressed with the theming, much better than I thought it would be.

In Jurassic Park, we wanted to try the Pteranodon Flyers. This ride is like a hang glider, but you are in a chair seat. The problem is that is a slow loading ride that also happens to be very popular. To try to cut down on riders, they've instituted a height requirement. You have to be between 36 and 56 inches tall. Each kid of the required height can have one adult as a companion (although you each get your own seat). Of course this leads to a lot of confusion. The wait posted was 20 minutes. We got in line while my parents found a bench to wait on. The employee at the entrance to the queue tried to explain the height thing to the people who got in line ahead of us. They spoke spanish and did not appear to understand and they all, 3 adults and 1 child, got in line anyway. Of course when they got to the front, two of the adults were not allowed to ride. The line took exactly 20 minutes, and it was a hot one. But the ride, although short, was fun and the breeze cooled us off.

There is a play area at the exit and it is VERY confusing. I got lost. Then I got squirted by some kids. I finally found my way out and found our group. My mom and dad said they'd found a fun ride that we'd all love. They said there was no wait to go on, and the girls would like it - no hills.

So we followed them over to the Jurassic Park River Adventure. It started out innocently enough. Then it got a little more intense. Holy Carp, a dinosaur just jumped out at us - What the?! OMG!!!!! That had to be the highest hill of any plunge ride ever! I looked over at Scott and he was fricken and fracken - he'd lost his hat! Boy, he was P.O.d! It was his favorite Disney hat, and he'd had no warning to hold on to it. Very funny joke Nana and Papa! They sure got a kick out of it, anyway. The funny part was, if we'd told the girls that there'd be a huge hill, they would have been so worried and nervous. But since they didn't know, they were fine.

Next we spent a little time in the Jurassic Park Discover Center, which was VERY cool. It was designed to look just like the Center in the movie, which it did. Really neat interactive displays. We even got to watch a dinosaur egg hatching.

After this, the plan was to go back through Harry Potter one more time. I was hoping I'd convince Jenna to go on the Forbidden Journey again, even though it had taken three doses of Pepto pills for me to feel normal (don't worry, it says to keep taking them until you feel better - I wasn't O.D-ing). She didn't want to do it, although she prefaced it by saying the she did like the ride (wouldn't want anyone to think she was a scaredy cat!). We took a few more picture around the joint and rode The Flight of the Hippogriff again.

Then it was time to head out to catch our ride back to more familiar territory. On our way out, Lucy, Papa and I decided to ride Spiderman. Wow, that was very intense! Lucy liked it though. We then stopped in the shop at the front to pick up our wands and buy the $10 chocolate frogs.

Its a long walk back to the pick up and drop off area. The girls were getting a little tired by this point. Our towncar showed up less than five minutes after we arrived. My parents had already grabbed a taxi, so we were all on our way to the Wilderness Lodge. It was time for dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe!

Our driver got a little lost on the way there and Lucy fell asleep in the car. We arrived about 45 minutes early for our ADR. My mom and dad were already there. We found a comfy spot in the lobby to rest. After about 10 minutes we went to check in, thinking it would still be another 20 or so before our table was ready. Not so! They were ready for us right then. So we woke up Lucy.

We ordered skillets and milkshakes all around. Our waiter was very friendly, and funny - but they didn't pull the ketchup trick on us. The food was fantastic and we were all stuffed, but of course we ordered dessert. All but Scott, that is. The waiter tried to talk him into getting something to go but since we weren't heading back to our resort we said no.

We took the boat over to Magic Kingdom for EMH. They were not giving out wristbands, you just had to show your room key to ride anything.

We got there just as the sun was setting. We got a locker at the front of the park and then headed down Main Street. The castle looked so beautiful in the evening light.

We headed over Tomorrowland way and hopped on the Peoplemover, and from there to Toontown. The Barnstormer was fun at night. We decided to go through Minnie and Mickey's house. Usually, people just sort of wander around, trying things out - but as we entered, there was a family that were sort of using the living room to do their own personal photo shoot. There were not letting us through - I guess they didn't want strangers in the back ground as they posed little prince on Minnie's sofa.

That one was the last picture I took as it had gotten dark. After we left Toontown, we moved on to Fantasyland. The place was starting to fill up and then I realized that Wishes would be starting soon. Okay, they probably announced it. We'd actually wanted to head over to the Haunted Mansion, but the walkway to Liberty Square was roped off because of the wind blowing the smoke in that direction. So we decided just to stop and watch there. It was weird, have some of the fireworks going off in front of you and some behind. But kinda cool. This would be our only chance to catch Wishes this week, so I'm glad we saw it, even if not from an ideal location.

They didn't open up the rope until about 10 minutes after the fireworks ended. When they did, we herded over to Liberty Square. We rode Haunted Mansion - and again, it broke down. We were not having good luck on HM this trip! We decided to head home after that. I'm not sure what time it was, maybe around 11? Pretty late for us anyway, after not having our usual break. We stopped for a few photopass pictures and headed home!

Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #156
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Reading your updates makes me wish I was there right now.... What a great day! That Pterodactyl ride looks awesome! I would love to see the Jurassic Park rides. It was one of my favourite movies growing up. One of these days I'll make the special trip to US and IoA. Maybe if (and when) my sister Bubba goes back to Disney again. It's a lot of extra $$$ for one day but it looks like a lot of fun!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:38 PM   #157
All7OfUs
We too are so very NOT into traipsing through the dark when a bucket will do just great
What a fun way to meet new folks and say howdy

I was actually pretty impressed with the Caro-Seussal!! That's pretty cool!

Long day for you guys, for sure! Great timing with your ride home. Well, back to eat nummies anyway. Never have tried WCC yet, but everyone says it's great food.

Aw Shucks, no luck with HM! Dang!

We've done WISHES from behind as well, and you're right---- not ideal.. but hey, if it's your only shot, better take it.

I love the photo of the girls holding G'Pa's hand. So CUTE!!

Old 02-16-2011, 09:28 PM   #158
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Great update, Rebecca. Sounds like a great day at Universal; glad you were seated early at WCC and enjoyed your meal there (unfortunately ours was awful and we never got to dessert) and I love the boatride over to the MK from the WL.

I love the family photo in front of the castle.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #159
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update !!I too like the pix in front ofthe castle and at US of the CarroSeusal !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 02-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #160
Clare Voince
In Spiritual Repose

Not sure if you're aware, but on continuously moving rides like the Haunted Mansion, when someone with mobility issues wants to ride, they have to stop the ride to allow them to board. If the HM stops when you're riding it, that's why it's stopping. If they evacuate you, it's broken down. If you're stopped for a minute or two, it's a disabled person boarding.

My Disney Photo Gallery

Click here to see my burial place at the Haunted Mansion.
Sept 2014 - Boardwalk Inn / Sept 2012 - WDW Dolphin / Oct 2007 - Polynesian Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level - split stay / Oct 2005 - Grand Californian Hotel - Disneyland / June 2003 - Boardwalk Inn
1976-1988 - 13 Childhood trips spent at Polynesian Resort, Contemporary Resort, Fort Wilderness, Treehouses, and Grand Floridian
Old 02-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #161
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
There is a play area at the exit and it is VERY confusing. I got lost. Then I got squirted by some kids. I finally found my way out and found our group. My mom and dad said they'd found a fun ride that we'd all love. They said there was no wait to go on, and the girls would like it - no hills.

So we followed them over to the Jurassic Park River Adventure. It started out innocently enough. Then it got a little more intense. Holy Carp, a dinosaur just jumped out at us - What the?! OMG!!!!! That had to be the highest hill of any plunge ride ever! I looked over at Scott and he was fricken and fracken - he'd lost his hat! Boy, he was P.O.d! It was his favorite Disney hat, and he'd had no warning to hold on to it. Very funny joke Nana and Papa! They sure got a kick out of it, anyway. The funny part was, if we'd told the girls that there'd be a huge hill, they would have been so worried and nervous. But since they didn't know, they were fine.
I loved this part of the story! "Fricken and fracken" --

Sorry that Scott lost his hat. I see him wearing one at the end of the day, did he buy one to replace it?
Old 02-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #162
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbear123 View Post
Reading your updates makes me wish I was there right now.... What a great day! That Pterodactyl ride looks awesome! I would love to see the Jurassic Park rides. It was one of my favourite movies growing up. One of these days I'll make the special trip to US and IoA. Maybe if (and when) my sister Bubba goes back to Disney again. It's a lot of extra $$$ for one day but it looks like a lot of fun!
Wait, so does Bubba have plans to go back, like to work? How awesome would that be?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All7OfUs View Post

I love the photo of the girls holding G'Pa's hand. So CUTE!!
It is a cute one, isn't it. They love their Papa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Rebecca. Sounds like a great day at Universal; glad you were seated early at WCC and enjoyed your meal there (unfortunately ours was awful and we never got to dessert) and I love the boatride over to the MK from the WL.

I love the family photo in front of the castle.
Thank you!! You should give WCC another try (if you like that type of food in general). We've always had good luck there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update !!I too like the pix in front ofthe castle and at US of the CarroSeusal !!
Thanks Rosie! Yep, there are some really cute photo ops in Seuss Landing. I don't know why I didn't take more pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare Voince View Post
Not sure if you're aware, but on continuously moving rides like the Haunted Mansion, when someone with mobility issues wants to ride, they have to stop the ride to allow them to board. If the HM stops when you're riding it, that's why it's stopping. If they evacuate you, it's broken down. If you're stopped for a minute or two, it's a disabled person boarding.
It was actually stopped for 5 to 10 minutes each time. Not sure what it was. I am aware that they do stop shortly to load and unload persons with disabilities, but I think this was too long for it to have been that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
I loved this part of the story! "Fricken and fracken" --

Sorry that Scott lost his hat. I see him wearing one at the end of the day, did he buy one to replace it?
Yep, he did. Beige, just like the one he lost. He's a creature of habit. If you go back through that post, you can see him in his first hat on the One Fish, Two Fish ride, then he's hatless and bald in the next few pics - then later at MK he's got his new lid.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:22 PM   #163
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you guys had a lovely afternoon! The theming of IOA is really great-- I think some WDW people need to see it before they brush it off. The Universal resort really is spectacular.
Mmm, we're eating at WCC in August and can't wait!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:28 PM   #164
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Hi! I've been enjoying your TR. WWOHP looks like a lot of fun. Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe sounds great, too. The boat ride from the Wilderness Lodge to MK looks like it would be relaxing.

Can't wait to read more!
Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #165
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Sounds like you guys had a lovely afternoon! The theming of IOA is really great-- I think some WDW people need to see it before they brush it off. The Universal resort really is spectacular.
Mmm, we're eating at WCC in August and can't wait!
It really is great, isn't it?! Some of us (me included) are so Disney-biased that we don't want to give it a chance. I'm glad we finally did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
Hi! I've been enjoying your TR. WWOHP looks like a lot of fun. Dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe sounds great, too. The boat ride from the Wilderness Lodge to MK looks like it would be relaxing.

Can't wait to read more!
Hi there! Thanks for joining in! It definitely was!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: