Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #91
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyandbenjamin View Post
The "In most" is in reference to the round tub and shower not the split bath.
How can you tell? It says "split bath with round tub and shower (in most.)." Since the photos came out, it is obvious that the disclaimer refers to BOTH the split bath AND the round tub and shower, at least for Deck 5 8A staterooms, which have neither. If you'd like to call DCL and state that you were confused by the disclaimer and intended to book a split bath, maybe they will upgrade you or provide the compensation previously asked about if you cannot switch to a different stateroom.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #92
mistyandbenjamin
Mouseketeer

DCL has changed the stateroom description because the deck plans they are distributing at the future cruise desk on the Magic does not have the "in most" after the bathroom.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #93
fleeflicker
Mouseketeer

I have heard deck 5 is real noisy, is deck 5 really that bad?
fleeflicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #94
Dahly
Mouseketeer

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...iew-stateroom/

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...rooms/compare/

this first link still makes it seem like every Category 8 has a split bath. There is no mention of the in most that appears when you actually go through the booking process and read the description of a Category 8A. The second link allows you to compare 3 different room types. When choosing the Deluxe Family Oceanview, again, there is no mention of the in most in regards to the split bath.

If someone looked at this description, and then booked with a TA, without going through the online booking process, which is only place I can find that has the in most reference, I think they will be surprised to find only one bath. If I had booked based on this description, and my room didn't have a split bath, I would not be too happy.

I think anyone in one of those "Family" rooms that do not have a split bath should get some type of consideration from DCL.
Dahly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:21 PM   #95
FAUguy
Been to Disney World over 50 times!

Last week I sent DCL a message about room 6016 and got this response today. Unfortunately it doesn't say where the location of the TV is, or if there is more desk/drawer space.

-------------
In reviewing our reservation system, I see you will be sailing next year
on the Disney Fantasy. She is the sister ship of the Disney Dream and
she is in the process of being built.

Since she is a sister ship, her layout and staterooms will be the same
as the Disney Dream.

As you know, the stateroom you have chosen is a Category 8A Deluxe
Family Oceanview Stateroom. The square footage of the stateroom is 241.
Based on availability, this stateroom can accommodate up to 4 Guests.

The bedding in the stateroom is as follows:

*Queen-size bed (approx. 64" x72")
*Single convertible sofa (approx. 32" x72")

Staterooms sleeping 4 utilize a single ceiling pull-down upper berth
(approx. 32" x72").

This category (8A) has two large porthole windows with built-in seating.
The cushioned window seat is accented with teak wood and stainless steel
and are approximately 5 feet in diameter.

In addition, the stateroom has the following:

Split bath -
-One half with commode, vanity mirror, sink
-2nd half with vanity mirror, sink and round tub/shower.

The round tubs have a built-in seat, a rain shower head and a hand-held
shower.

Your stateroom will also have a privacy divider curtain.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.
FAUguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM   #96
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

DREAM Cat 8A update
I just spoke w/ DCL rep. I was concerned that our cabin # 5522 would not have the split bathroom. This is what I was told about the split bath :

She said she had a list of all the cabins on the DREAM with just 1 bathroom.

Deck 5 : 5518 and 5018 ( the only cabins, 8A w/ 1 Bathroom )

She said there were others on Deck 6 w/o the split bath but she didn't say which ones.

If anyone is concerned about their cabin, just call DCL ,and ask them to look on their list.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #97
FAUguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapycruiser View Post
DREAM Cat 8A update
I just spoke w/ DCL rep. I was concerned that our cabin # 5522 would not have the split bathroom. This is what I was told about the split bath :

She said she had a list of all the cabins on the DREAM with just 1 bathroom.

Deck 5 : 5518 and 5018 ( the only cabins, 8A w/ 1 Bathroom )

She said there were others on Deck 6 w/o the split bath but she didn't say which ones.

If anyone is concerned about their cabin, just call DCL ,and ask them to look on their list.

Rooms 5018 and 5518 are Accessible rooms, and those only have one large bathroom to accommodate a wheelchair.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #98
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_fan3 View Post
I am also booked in 8504 and would love to see what one of those corner rooms looks like.
We're 8502
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #99
scrapycruiser
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
Hmm, that sounds weird.
The pictures that were posted last week of 5020 & 5022 show that is does not have a split bathroom, only a single room with sink/toilet/shower all together.
Since your room is 5522 (on the right side) I would think it would be laid-out the same way.

Rooms 5018 and 5518 are Accessible rooms, and those only have one large bathroom to accommodate a wheelchair.
You are at the mercy of those you speak with at DCL !
I kept asking if she was sure...of course she said yes.

Could you send me the link to the picture you are refering to, guess somehow I missed the picture.

Thanks
Gina
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #100
diznefamily
Mouseketeer

So does that mean the accessible rooms will have the pole or the divider. I do not mind the single bath, but I am not sure about a pole in the middle of the room to wake up in the middle of the night and bump into. may have to get some glow in the dark stickers for it for the night.
diznefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:04 PM   #101
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznefamily View Post
So does that mean the accessible rooms will have the pole or the divider. I do not mind the single bath, but I am not sure about a pole in the middle of the room to wake up in the middle of the night and bump into. may have to get some glow in the dark stickers for it for the night.
If they are mickey shaped, DCL can't complain that we enhanced the room,

I have the mickey walking side view die cutter and I can get glow in the dark tape, hmmmm I nice neat ring of mini mickeys around the pole .

Pj
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

pjpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #102
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I don't trust DCL now, since they said 5020 and 5022 would have a split bathroom where photos posted of one of those exact rooms shows that it does NOT have a split bathroom. Unless those photos were mislabeled as 5020 or 5022 and are actually 5018.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:48 PM   #103
diznefamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hmm, that sounds weird.
The pictures that were posted last week of 5020 & 5022 show that is does not have a split bathroom, only a single room with sink/toilet/shower all together.
Since your room is 5522 (on the right side) I would think it would be laid-out the same way.

According the Disney website, the only accessible cat 8A room is 6014. If you look at the virtual rooms, this is indeed the only one that shows it to be accessible. Can't wait until the stateroom number review posts start coming in. Maybe then we will know who needs to bring the glow in the dark stickers.
diznefamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #104
FAUguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznefamily View Post
According the Disney website, the only accessible cat 8A room is 6014. If you look at the virtual rooms, this is indeed the only one that shows it to be accessible. Can't wait until the stateroom number review posts start coming in. Maybe then we will know who needs to bring the glow in the dark stickers.
I have two deck plans on my PC of the Dream.
One of them only shows 6014 as an Accessible 8A room, but the 2nd plan shows six Accessible 8A rooms (6012, 6014, 6510, 6512, 5018, 5518)
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #105
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

I think that while DCL planned for all 6 rooms shown on the earliest deck plans to be HCP, when complete they may not have meet ADA standards. I have searched on the Dream and Fantasy all the way to summer 2012 and the only Cat 8a that shows when searching accessible is 6014, it does allow up to four persons.

Are there not other rooms that show hcp on the same version of the deck plan as above that are no longer hcp, aft rooms??

Pj
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

pjpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: