Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Post The oh my god! We actualy went! Trip Report.

Hi! I've finally got round to starting this trip report. I can probably only psot the travel day today because I'm supposed to be doing my English coursework. Just to remind you:
Cast:
Me (Nina), age 17
Jane, age 20
Day 0: Travel Day

I guess we really started at my house at about 5:00pm, where my mum fussed over making sure we knew exactly where we were going to get the trains and where the coach was going to be picking us up and what it would look like (insert sarcastic laugh, but we'll get to that bit later). Eventually it was time to go to the train station where we caught the 7:30pm to London Liverpool Street Station. Nothing remarkable happened there, we just spent the whole time chatting and catching up with each other, the journey took about an hour and 20 minutes. We then got the tube to London Victoria and arived about 8:45 where we went and found where the coach was supposed to be picking us up. While waiting we went back into the station and got Mc Donalds as a way to keep warm.
At 9:35pm we went back to the pick up point as we had been told that we had to be there by 9:45pm and we wanted to be there in good time. Just for the record, the coach was supposed to be picking us up on Vauxhall Bridge Road, opposite the back of the Appollo Theatre. The coach was supposed to be a white double decker with 'Coach Innvoations' on the side. Well, we stood there waiting and 9:45pm came and no coach. As 9:55pm approached we started to get a bit worried. We walked up and down the road to see if we were in the wrong spot and it was parked further up. No coach. Then, I got a phone call. It was one of the coach drivers, asking if we were on our way to the pick up point. "But, we're already here" was my bemused and slightly panicked response. He told us that we were on the wrong side of the Appollo and that they were "On the corner by the tube station". So we ran back round and yes, there was a coach there, we had passed it on our way the first time, but it was a red single decker with 'Werebells Travel' or something similar on it. I rang him back and explained that we couldn't find him and where we were and he told me that he was at the end of the taxi rank now. I didn't realise what he meant and was looking for a coach in the taxi rank *facepalm*. I couldn't see one. Utterly confused we were looking back and forth. He then said: "I'm wearing a grey jumper" we turned and there he was.
Words could not describe how relieved we were. He lead us to the same coach that we had passed about 3 times whilst looking for it. The red single decker one. We were confused, but hey! We were finally properly on our way! The seats were ok, fairly comfy and 'Madagascar' was playing on the tv monitors. There were only about 23 of us going so it was a fairly quiet journey. After 'Madagascar' finished, I can't remember much because I drifted in and out of sleep a lot. Well, after we figured out how to lean the seats back, lol. However, there was one flaw with this; if you didn't throw your whole weight onto them, they would slowly sit back up again. Now, I'm quite small, so I would doze off leaning back and then wake up bolt upright. But, oh well!
We eventually got to Dover at about 12:30am, where the coach driver told us that the next ferry crossing was at 1:50am. But that was ok, we went to the little shopping place where we used the loos and then went back to the coach to doze some more before getting on the ferry. It was pretty packed: there was four coachloads that I saw and many carfulls of people. Everyone just wanted to sleep. When we went for a walk to stretch our legs, there were loads of people just sleeping on the floor in the corridors. The crossing took about an hour and a half, I think. As soon as we were on the road in France, the driver turned off the lights we went to sleep. That period of time seems really fuzzy to me because I kept falling asleep suddenly and in really strange positions, literally I would be sitting there and my head would suddenly just snap forward and I would wake up in that position a short while later.
We arrived in the Disneyland car park at about 7:30 - 7:45am and went to the toilets to freshen up - which in our case meant changing our top halves and brushing teeth etc. The first thing I noticed when we got off the coach to do this was that it was absolutely FREEZING. I was glad I wore so many layers. Anyway, we waited what seemed like hours, but in reality was only until about 9:15am, when lo and behold, a white double decker with 'Coach Innovations' pulled up in front of us. It was the trip that left two days before we did! A woman ran on and handed out tickets. We were finally going! Day 1 will start later, as (although I'd like to) I really can't put off writing this commentary any longer.

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:

Last edited by Neeny17; 01-09-2011 at 06:25 AM. Reason: I put a sad smilie in the wrong place
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
sarahb74
Mouseketeer

Great! A new trippie to read, hurry up with that coursework, it's just getting to the fun part!

HNY April 2008, DLH Feb 2010, HNY Dec 2010, ESC May 2011, CC Aug 2013, HNY Feb 2014
Poly Aug 2012
Grand Californian Aug 2014
sarahb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #3
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Great start - despite the bus finding issue - can't wait to read some more!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
Great! A new trippie to read, hurry up with that coursework, it's just getting to the fun part!
Well, I'm half done, so the next installment should come after lunch.

[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
Old 01-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfanswicklow View Post
Great start - despite the bus finding issue - can't wait to read some more!
Thanks. Yes the bus issue was the only 'problem' we had on the trip.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Post Day 1 - Our day in the magic

Ok, so when I left off, we had just been given our tickets.The coach driver said that he would be back in the carpark at 11:30pm for those who had had enough. We were among the first off and driven by hunger and excitement, set off for the entrance. We started off almost running, which as we realised how far we had to go to the entrance, turned into fast walking, to slow walking. Finally, we saw this welcome sight:

We went to the Starbucks and had hot chocolate and croissants for breakfast. Oh yeah, at this point I realised that my phone was not working, even after the Virgin website said it would. It was nothing too tragic, I just had to use Jane's phone to update my mum throughout the journey. Anyways, the food and drink were just what we needed to wake up properly and both were guzzled down as quickly as possible. After breakfast we went to the Disney Store:

Took some more photos because I thought they looked so pretty!

In the shop I bought a hoodie that said 'Disneyland Paris' with the Disneyland part looking like the characters. Jane told me to choose something and she would buy it and give it to me on my birthday because she wanted to get me something special. So I chose this:

I love Mushu! After that, we went to this place!
We were so excited to see this, Jane was actually skipping and squeeing at this:

Then we saw the tree and were like, wow!:

What was really magical, was that just as we were walking up Main Street, it started snowing. It was much better quality than the fake snow that falls from 'Williams and Griffins' at home. But anyway, it just felt like a good omen.
But nothing compared to seeing the castle for the first time:

When I saw it, all of the plans about leaping on the first ride possible popped out of my head. First up was an obvious photo opportunity:

Then we just had to go inside and take pictures:

After that we went on the carousel, because it had quite a short queue, we were only waiting for a maximum of 10 minutes, probably less. And after that we went to 'Alice's Curious Labyrinth', which we though would take about 5 minutes and ended up taking half an hour. Yes, we got lost. Several times. Got some good cheshire cat pictures though:

And one of a windmill that had been made all christmassy:

Jane loves anything to do with pirates so the next move was 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and when we looked on the board it said '5 mins' brilliant! When we got in line she was loving all of the queue detail, but the line was moving too quickly to take pictures. Well, she loved the whole ride, saying that it was entertaining, fun and as a bonus, warm! Because it was bitterly cold outside. After this it was Big Thunder Mountain (after taking the 'scenic route' into 'Pochahontas's Village' and realising we had taken a wrong turn) Oh well, we got there and the wait was 45 minutes, not bad and the queue is mostly undercover, so even better! We got some good pictures of 'Haunted Mansion' and the actual mountain while waiting:

A not so good point was that someone had thrown up in the queue and left a pretty sizeable pile of vomit. Luckily we were in the line next to it, so didn't have to manouvre it, but still gross. BTM was great though, so much more fun than the one in Florida I think, faster and more dark parts. But because of the fact that quite a bit of it is outside, we were absolutely frozen by the time we got off. So much so that we abandoned the thought of a late, less crowded lunch and headed straight for mc donalds. The food was good, standard mc donalds stuff. The only downside was that when I asked for a cup of tea the woman serving me got confused then gave me a cup of boiling water and a green tea and mint tea bag. After smelling it (it smelt like mint sauce) I just drank the hot water (much to Jane's amusement).
After this we decided to hit the studios.
After some thought, we wandered towards the 'Toon Studio' area and as 'Animagique' was starting any minute, we jumped in line. This was when we encountered our first pushy people. They had just opened the theatre doors and as everyone was filing in through the roped queue area, the people behind that started going round and ducking under the rope, even though the doorway was already a bit of a scrum. It wasn't like anything bad happened, but it still made me a bit angry that the people at the front who'd been waiting the longest got pushed in front of by people who had just turned up. Anyway, mini - rant over, 'Animagique' was really great, I especially loved the 'Under the Sea' part with the puppets in the audience. Jane liked the 'Elephants of Parade' bit, although she admitted to dozing off at some point because as she put it "It was so warm and dark." I forgave her. Next we went to 'Toy Story Playland' and took some more photos.
Then we went on 'RC Racer', after some confusion and ending up in the single rider queue. We only realised after seeing the ride filled a couple of times and wondering why the line we were in didn't seem to be moving. After getting in the right queue, we were in front of this family of 3: a mum, dad and a little girl and they were so cute! She was only little but so excited and kept asking 'when will it be our turn?'. Aaw. The ride itself was incredibly fun although relatively short. This is the picture I got from the queue:
After this, we left 'Toy Story Playland' (feeling frozen again).
And headed to 'Art of Disney Animation', which was so funny in the Mushu parts and some of the movie clips they show you of the best scenes etc almost made me choke up.

In the shop at the end, I got a Muppets Vinylmation (it turned out to be Bean
Bunny when I got home). After this, we decided to go to dinner as it was about 5:15pm and we wanted to beat the rush and see the Christmas Tree Lighting. We had planned since the beginning to go to 'The Rainforest Cafe' and it turned out that we had made the right decision. There was no - one in front of us and we were seated straight away. I got an orange juice, Jane got an apple juice and we both got the Rainforest Burger. It was so delicious and filling that we couldn't get desert. I think for the both of us, this cost 45.95, which was better than I expected. After all of this, we had missed most of the tree lighting. But caught the end, just as the float with Mickey etc was driving away. But it was so pretty!
After this, our lack of sleep was starting to catch up with us and it had got a lot colder. We decided to go back to the Village to look in other shops and stuff. But not before taking more pretty lit up pictures.
We went back to Starbucks to kill time before the parade (I know, we could've done rides, but we're both total beginners at this 'hardly any sleep, hit the parks until 1am thing, lol). Going through the village, we were really glad that we had eaten so early, because all of the queues were snaking out of the restaurant doors. Starbucks was full of people all doing the same as us, so we just got bottles of water and grabbed a table as soon as one emptied and sat for a while. I was just glad to get my backpack off my shoulders. After this, we went into the 'Constellations' shop in 'Discoveryland' and tried on the hats.
Also took a picture of Buzz. After this, we went back to the castle, which by this point had been all lit up. Can I just say, the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. So I took tons of photos and loads of them came out rubbish because my camera hates lights and the dark, so I just put the good ones on.Then we went into the castle and took more pictures.
Then went round the back and took a carousel picture.
And more castle pictures (we just couldn't get enough of it)
Then it was parade time! Yay! We got to the spot we wanted at 8pm so there was space and sat on the kerb waiting. As it got closer to starting time, the crowd built behind us. When it was about to start, cast members started walking up and down telling everyone in front to stand up. We did, but then realised that the two small girls sitting behind us would not be able to see, so we let them in front. Then their grandad (I think) who was really small too. We still had a decent spot, but the woman on my right was pressing really close and slightly blocking my view with her camera. Then a foreign woman behind Jane started pulling at her backpack as if to tug it off! She gestured for her to take it off, but since she had started off so rudely Jne ignored her, then made a point of taking it off when someone asked her politely, saying loudly "Of course! Thank you for asking so politely!". A lady behind me kept pulling at my backpack too, but I just ignored her. She kept muttering angrily behind me and at the point when the loose characters (Chip, Dale, Goofy) came down she shot out her hand and nearly took my head off. Oh well. As I said, my camera hates lights and darkness, so the photos came out quite rubbish.
This is where I'll end it for tonight, but there is more of the evening and the journey home of course. My photos work now, but its only letting me use 25 per post so the next couple of posts will be the pictures that can't fit in here. Thanks to SarahB74 for your help!

Last edited by Neeny17; 01-10-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Adding Photos!
Old 01-09-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Wow I am tired just reading about your frantic dash around! I can feel your excitement too! I never worked out how to post on photos and usually just type in the link to my photos in Picassa but I do like when there are photos throughout a report so look forward to someone telling you how to do it so then I can too! You really made the most of your day - well done. Am looking forward to the rest!

Jo Olivia
Old 01-10-2011, 03:00 AM   #8
sarahb74
Mouseketeer

Hi - great report, sounds like lots of fun. To insert photos you need to upload them onto a website like Photobucket, then when you save them it gives you various codes, you need to pick the right one to copy and paste into your trippie - think it starts IMG or something - sorry that's a rubbish explanation , will have a look later when I have more time if you cant work it out from this.

HNY April 2008, DLH Feb 2010, HNY Dec 2010, ESC May 2011, CC Aug 2013, HNY Feb 2014
Poly Aug 2012
Grand Californian Aug 2014
sarahb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:15 AM   #9
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow I am tired just reading about your frantic dash around! I can feel your excitement too! I never worked out how to post on photos and usually just type in the link to my photos in Picassa but I do like when there are photos throughout a report so look forward to someone telling you how to do it so then I can too! You really made the most of your day - well done. Am looking forward to the rest!
Thanks! Yes, we did rush around a bit, but the evening went at a slower pace because we were just too tired to rush any more.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:16 AM   #10
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
Hi - great report, sounds like lots of fun. To insert photos you need to upload them onto a website like Photobucket, then when you save them it gives you various codes, you need to pick the right one to copy and paste into your trippie - think it starts IMG or something - sorry that's a rubbish explanation , will have a look later when I have more time if you cant work it out from this.
Thanks, I'll look at doing it through photobucket later. It was a lot of fun.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Your photos are brilliant! Well done on uploading them!

Jo Olivia
Old 01-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #12
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Your photos are brilliant! Well done on uploading them!
Thank you, I'm glad you like them.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #13
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Post Pictures!

Hi! Sorry its taken so long to get any sort of update, but I've been very busy with my A2 ICT coursework (the bane of my life!). Here's some pictures that I didn't have space to put up (probably not in order)

Old 01-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #14
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

What great photos!! Thanks for sharing!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *
POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #15
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

ooooooh, how many Buzzs behind you... oooooh, poor me.. I shouldn't let my son see it

I love those ears!!!!!!!!!!!!
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
day 0 disneyland paris

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: