Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

Can we eat in Epcot w/o tickets?

Hi there. If we plan to spend the day at the mm, and are resort guests, can we make reservations to eat at le chefs de France and nor have to buy epoch park tickets?
ewerstruly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewerstruly View Post
Hi there. If we plan to spend the day at the mm, and are resort guests, can we make reservations to eat at le chefs de France and nor have to buy epoch park tickets?
No, since the restaurants are inside the parks, you need to have a ticket to get in to the park.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
newdrama12
DIS Veteran

You have to have access to get into Epcot in order to eat there. So if you are planning on going to another park that day, then you will need the park hopper option to eat at Epcot that nite.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #4
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

When you make a reservation by phoine they will tell you thast valid Park admission is required. If you make a reservation online at the very least the confirmation will indicate valid Park admission is required.

This means that if you have been in another park that day (or are going to another park that day) you must have a hopper.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
MELSMICE
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be such fun for everyone, Hi Ho, Hi Ho!
Don't look now but the Tag Fairy is behind you!!!

As others have said, you'll need a ticket to enter EPCOT. What's mm?

DH & I DD24 DD21 DD21
MELSMICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

Thanks. I was afraid of that. I hoped (since you can eat at resort restaurants without being a resort guest) that we could do it. But, I understand why we can't.

We'll be at the MK only (mm is just my fat fingers trying to get used to my new iPad). And, we'll be buying double tickets (park plus Halloween Party). So, spending even more for park hoppers won't happen.

I just thought the kids would get a kick out of Remy at Le Chefs. I'm not super excited about dining anywhere inside the MK. We've been to Crystal Palace a couple times already. The food is good, but we are not big Pooh fans. I'll have to come up with another idea (smile).

We'll be staying at the Contemporary ... so those restaurants are an option. We could eat there and then change into Halloween costumes. We've been to Chef Mickey's already, too.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

I guess I should add that we could do Epcot in the morning and then eat at Le Chefs ... and then go to the Halloween party ... but Epcot doesn't appeal to me either. MK is the only park we've ever been to ... but I have 3 boys ages 4, 7 and 9. They say they want the MK again! I don't blame them; it's magical to me too. But, if I had to pick a different park to try ... I'd go with DHS next, then AK ... then lastly Epcot.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
MELSMICE
Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be such fun for everyone, Hi Ho, Hi Ho!
Don't look now but the Tag Fairy is behind you!!!

Quote:
I guess I should add that we could do Epcot in the morning and then eat at Le Chefs ... and then go to the Halloween party ... but Epcot doesn't appeal to me either. MK is the only park we've ever been to ... but I have 3 boys ages 4, 7 and 9. They say they want the MK again! I don't blame them; it's magical to me too. But, if I had to pick a different park to try ... I'd go with DHS next, then AK ... then lastly Epcot.
Don't rule out the other parks. Your sons would probably love Soarin', Test Track, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Mission: SPACE......just to name a few.

DH & I DD24 DD21 DD21
MELSMICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #9
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

I completely agree with MELSMICE. Epcot is a fabulous park with many great experiences for children. If you decide to go with your plan of staying in the MK area I'd try Kona Cafe at the Polynesian or The Grand Floridian Cafe IMO they're much better than Chef Mickey's. I hope that someday you'll visit the other parks. As much as I love the MK you're missing a lot by just going to that one park.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #10
ewerstruly
DIS Veteran

Yep. I've shown them Youtube videos of all the parks and they say they just want the MK again. With the Animal Kingdom they said ... mom, we have a zoo here LOL.

We also would only have one day at one park, plus the Halloween party ... so not even a full day at a park. From all that I've read, Epcot is not a one day park. I've read that AK is doable in one day ... and so is DHS. But doing Epcot in a day might be more of a challenge.

Plus, if we do just the MK for the Halloween party, I feared that we wouldn't get enough MK time. But, if we do the MK then also the party at the MK ... we won't be wasting party time 7-midnight trying to do all of our favorite MK rides and stuff during the actualy party.

I just don't know where to have dinner on this day (smile). It would make sense to just eat onsite at the MK so we would make the most of our park and party hours ... not having to board the monorail, etc...

The MK restaurants just seem ... boring. Liberty Tree, Thanksgiving dinner. Crystal Palace ... again. Tony's Town Square ... the kids do like spaghetti. Maybe with no characters around they'd actually eat something.

But, if we wanted to go back to the Contemporary to change into Halloween costumes maybe, we could eat there ... California Grill (expensive - we are a party of 5), Chef Mickey's we've done for breakfast and were more thrilled with the characters than the food ... The Wave ... hmmmm.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #11
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We really like the Wave. It may be a good choice for you and something different.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
scdak
DIS Veteran

Don't rule out The Plaza at MK, nice place for a meal, we enjoyed it very much recently. If you don't want to take time out of the day to go to the resort to change into costumes there are lockers for rent to store the costumes during the day.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family

October 2015 - just starting to think about it
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

Quote:
We used to think the same thing. On our second trip our kids started to LOVE epcot. Now it is #2 behind MK. If you have 3 sons they will love

Test track
Mission space (green most likely)
Spaceship Earth
Sourin
Norway
3 Cabarios (Mexico)
Kidcot stamp around the world showcase
Nemo
Living with the land

There is so much for kids to do at Epcot. Give it a chance - I promise your kids will love it.
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #14
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

Quote:
Yep. I've shown them Youtube videos of all the parks and they say they just want the MK again. With the Animal Kingdom they said ... mom, we have a zoo here LOL.

We also would only have one day at one park, plus the Halloween party ... so not even a full day at a park. From all that I've read, Epcot is not a one day park. I've read that AK is doable in one day ... and so is DHS. But doing Epcot in a day might be more of a challenge.

Plus, if we do just the MK for the Halloween party, I feared that we wouldn't get enough MK time. But, if we do the MK then also the party at the MK ... we won't be wasting party time 7-midnight trying to do all of our favorite MK rides and stuff during the actualy party.

I just don't know where to have dinner on this day (smile). It would make sense to just eat onsite at the MK so we would make the most of our park and party hours ... not having to board the monorail, etc...

The MK restaurants just seem ... boring. Liberty Tree, Thanksgiving dinner. Crystal Palace ... again. Tony's Town Square ... the kids do like spaghetti. Maybe with no characters around they'd actually eat something.

But, if we wanted to go back to the Contemporary to change into Halloween costumes maybe, we could eat there ... California Grill (expensive - we are a party of 5), Chef Mickey's we've done for breakfast and were more thrilled with the characters than the food ... The Wave ... hmmmm.
Whispering canyon is only a short boat ride away and is great fun for kids and not bad prices. I would go there.
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:36 PM   #15
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Also, keep in mind that in past years, you have been allowed to enter the Magic Kingdom at 4pm with only your party ticket.

Don't know how that might change your thinking.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: