Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #31
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Welcome Annie!! OMG someone else that makes her kid sleep with a bowl in his bed - I thought I was the only one EVER!!!!!!

Don't apologize for rambling. I do it ALL THE TIME. When I say this problem with me is consuming, I mean it. Every single night I could come on here & tell you why I think one of my kids will throw up during the night. Every night. Every single stinking night. I hate it. And I just might come on here very night & tell you why I think my kids will be sick - maybe if I go back & read them all I will see how absolutely unreasonable I am. Maybe it will help! Tonight I'm nervous because DS13 is at an away wrestling match (germs germs germs!) & it's an hour-long trip on the bus back to our school. He gets car sick, but not so much anymore, but I'm still always a wreck when he takes the bus to & from sports. His phone battery died so I can't text him obsessively (I'm sure he's thrilled about that!). I will have to go pick him up at the school around 10:30pm. DH went to the match an hour away to watch him but then went straight to a business dinner that is still going on.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #32
annie1995
I have not used mine outside the house yet
CM's always tell me that's not how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Welcome Annie!! OMG someone else that makes her kid sleep with a bowl in his bed - I thought I was the only one EVER!!!!!!

Don't apologize for rambling. I do it ALL THE TIME. When I say this problem with me is consuming, I mean it. Every single night I could come on here & tell you why I think one of my kids will throw up during the night. Every night. Every single stinking night. I hate it. And I just might come on here very night & tell you why I think my kids will be sick - maybe if I go back & read them all I will see how absolutely unreasonable I am. Maybe it will help! Tonight I'm nervous because DS13 is at an away wrestling match (germs germs germs!) & it's an hour-long trip on the bus back to our school. He gets car sick, but not so much anymore, but I'm still always a wreck when he takes the bus to & from sports. His phone battery died so I can't text him obsessively (I'm sure he's thrilled about that!). I will have to go pick him up at the school around 10:30pm. DH went to the match an hour away to watch him but then went straight to a business dinner that is still going on.
I can honestly say I find reasons why my kids may puke at night too!! Its horrible to be comsumed by this all the time. How did your DS do on his ride home last night?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #33
TaraPA

Hi ladies! Having another high anxiety night. DS13 was sent home from school today with sore throat & fever, and when I picked him up I knew he was sick. I took him right to the doctor, and he tested positive for strep. ARGH! My other son had strep a few years back & was vomiting on & off - possibly from the meds - so now I'm terrified that D13 will be sick tonight from his meds. ALSO - double anxiety - we had no school yesterday because of snow - DS10 went over to a friend's house where 5 boys were playing all afternoon - TWO of them were sent home from school vomiting today. OMG!!! I am positive DS10 will be sick now during the night from whatever bug they have.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 01-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #34
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi ladies! Having another high anxiety night. DS13 was sent home from school today with sore throat & fever, and when I picked him up I knew he was sick. I took him right to the doctor, and he tested positive for strep. ARGH! My other son had strep a few years back & was vomiting on & off - possibly from the meds - so now I'm terrified that D13 will be sick tonight from his meds. ALSO - double anxiety - we had no school yesterday because of snow - DS10 went over to a friend's house where 5 boys were playing all afternoon - TWO of them were sent home from school vomiting today. OMG!!! I am positive DS10 will be sick now during the night from whatever bug they have.
TaraPA.....my son has strep too and as long as you make sure they eat something with the medication he should be fine. Vomiting is a symptom of strep but most kids don't get that. To ease your fears a little about your son being with those kids yesterday.....with a stomach bug you are only contagious during and after the illness. Unless they had symptoms then I would try not to worry too much. Although I would be too. I was sick last night myself. Was sooooo nauseous that I had to take a Phenergan and it barely helped. Thought I was going to toss my cookies but once i fell asleep I was fine. I am still kind of crummy today but I have stomach issues anyway so I don't think it was a bug.
lukenick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #35
TaraPA

Thanks for the pep talk Lukenick1! He just took the 1st dose of antibiotic with a milkshake - I would never have given him dairy with it but the doc said he should stick to ice cream & milkshakes for 24 hours (THANKS doc!)...so hopefully it will stay down. I'm more nervous about the younger one catching the bug yesterday (even though I know what you said is true, my anxiety won't go away!)

Sorry your son is sick & that you were almost sick too! I have gastrointestinal issues myself, but they never include vomiting, so if I'm super nauseous I chalk it up to something I ate or a touch of the bug.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 PM   #36
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Your welcome Thats what this thread is all about. I should practice what I preach sometimes Let me know how tonight goes.....
Old 01-13-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

OMG!!!!!!! I kid you not, I just got into bed and turned the TV on and the minute it comes on I see people puking. ***???? It was on NBC the show The Office. I am a magnet for that
Old 01-14-2011, 07:01 AM   #38
TaraPA

Ugh I can't believe that's what was on the TV when you turned it on! Are you re-playing it in your head or are you ok?

The night was quiet, no one got sick, as usual, but I had tons of anxiety trying to fall asleep.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:49 PM   #39
tiink3rbella
me0w~*

Hello all!

I am new to this thread but most certainly not new to emet. I have had it since before I can even remember. I had high anxiety thru most of my childhood due to being afraid of vomit. I was always afraid of being on buses, going to crowded malls, being some where new and not knowing where the nearest bathroom was, all things I'm sure you all know about very well. I am now almost 23 and I have been on medication (prozac) for my anexiety for about a year and I can honestly say it has helped me a great deal. I dont have the constant fear or worry anymore, I even got over one of my biggest fears of rollercoasters (was always afraid I'd embaress myself and throwup after or see someone else do so) this summer when I went to Six Flags (and might I add that six flags is definitely not even comparable to how wonderful Disney is ). All though I believe I am not completely over my fear I feel so much better day to day without the constant worry. I was always strongly against medications as I thought I would become a "zombie" and what not but it really has helped.

Disney Trips Counter: 8
tiink3rbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 AM   #40
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiink3rbella View Post
Hello all!

I am new to this thread but most certainly not new to emet. I have had it since before I can even remember. I had high anxiety thru most of my childhood due to being afraid of vomit. I was always afraid of being on buses, going to crowded malls, being some where new and not knowing where the nearest bathroom was, all things I'm sure you all know about very well. I am now almost 23 and I have been on medication (prozac) for my anexiety for about a year and I can honestly say it has helped me a great deal. I dont have the constant fear or worry anymore, I even got over one of my biggest fears of rollercoasters (was always afraid I'd embaress myself and throwup after or see someone else do so) this summer when I went to Six Flags (and might I add that six flags is definitely not even comparable to how wonderful Disney is ). All though I believe I am not completely over my fear I feel so much better day to day without the constant worry. I was always strongly against medications as I thought I would become a "zombie" and what not but it really has helped.
Welcome.....as you know there are many of us out there. I was on Celexa last year and I can honestly say now that it did help my anxiety too. However, I was a Zombie on it so I came off. I am so irritable now and know I need something again, but I am afraid to go back to meds. I would rather deal on my own. My kids are telling me to go back to the "be nice" pills.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #41
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ugh I can't believe that's what was on the TV when you turned it on! Are you re-playing it in your head or are you ok?

The night was quiet, no one got sick, as usual, but I had tons of anxiety trying to fall asleep.
Sorry I didnt write back sooner but I never got the email notification of this response?? Anyway, I was disgusted about it but I knew it was scripted so it was fake. Just kept shaking my head because It follows me. Just my luck! The more "quiet" nights you have the less your anxiety will be. Keep the faith!
Old 01-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #42
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

UGH!@!!! Biggest Loser caught me off guard again!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #43
wenmc
Earning My Ears

Me too.

I guess I'm an Emet too. Although it has come and gone since childhood, it is still a huge fear of mine. It has now affected my kids, who are 18 and 13, which bothers me the most. I have always been the one who takes care of them when they have been sick mostly because I feel I'm the one who can do the best job of not spreading it. I make them stay in their rooms if they have been vomiting which hasn't been working out too well since they have become teens. I am really persistant about handwashing, etc... Again since they have become teens, they listen when they want too. My oldest has a small fear of vomiting such as in movies and in person, really freaks her out at the moment. My yongest, however, is the same way but fears it so much that she has made herself sick from fear of being sick. Does that make sense? For example, she threw up on Christmas morning because she felt a little "off" and became so anxious, she threw up. Afterwards, she was totally fine. This has happened a few times in the last couple years. It really began for her in 2nd grade when a friend of hers threw up all over in the lunch line. She refused to go back to school and when she did, she was so anxious they had to put cardboard walls around her desk temporarily and was allowing her to use sanitizer whenever she wanted. That was a really scary time for all of us. She has since gotten better except for the anxiety sickness. I don't know what to do and my husband blames me for all of this.
wenmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #44
lukenick1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenmc View Post
I guess I'm an Emet too. Although it has come and gone since childhood, it is still a huge fear of mine. It has now affected my kids, who are 18 and 13, which bothers me the most. I have always been the one who takes care of them when they have been sick mostly because I feel I'm the one who can do the best job of not spreading it. I make them stay in their rooms if they have been vomiting which hasn't been working out too well since they have become teens. I am really persistant about handwashing, etc... Again since they have become teens, they listen when they want too. My oldest has a small fear of vomiting such as in movies and in person, really freaks her out at the moment. My yongest, however, is the same way but fears it so much that she has made herself sick from fear of being sick. Does that make sense? For example, she threw up on Christmas morning because she felt a little "off" and became so anxious, she threw up. Afterwards, she was totally fine. This has happened a few times in the last couple years. It really began for her in 2nd grade when a friend of hers threw up all over in the lunch line. She refused to go back to school and when she did, she was so anxious they had to put cardboard walls around her desk temporarily and was allowing her to use sanitizer whenever she wanted. That was a really scary time for all of us. She has since gotten better except for the anxiety sickness. I don't know what to do and my husband blames me for all of this.
Welcome! Nobody can understand unless they live with the fear themselves. It is not your fault
Old 01-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #45
annie1995
I have not used mine outside the house yet
CM's always tell me that's not how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukenick1 View Post
Welcome! Nobody can understand unless they live with the fear themselves. It is not your fault
I totally agree!! Its not your fault at all

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: