Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Coping and Compassion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2012, 04:12 PM   #271
kacaju
DIS Veteran

((HUGS)) you CAN do this.... You will do it!! I have faith in you. I see just how bad this is for my daughter and she is only 12. She was getting to the point like you...not wanting to leave the house...her therapist was great at helping her
kacaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #272
Coolcait1996
Earning My Ears

I've been out of school for over two weeks and it has taken this long to get an appointment! Only problem is getting me out of the house to see the psychiatrist. I can't even be with my mom anymore cause I start to feel sick..
Coolcait1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #273
kacaju
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolcait1996 View Post
I've been out of school for over two weeks and it has taken this long to get an appointment! Only problem is getting me out of the house to see the psychiatrist. I can't even be with my mom anymore cause I start to feel sick..
http://www.stressandanxiety.com/abou...g/fighting-ocd

take a look at this site..This happens to be our therapists office..If you can find the Primetime Show where they show a few different families struggling with similar things..I hoep it will help you realize you are not alone.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #274
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Cool- here are some suggestions.

If you're worried you got food poisoning (though... you would have probably have gotten sick by now, and since you haven't, I bet you're fine), check out "Oregano Oil" capsules. Oregano Oil has been proven to kill e-coli and even SARS- a natural anti-biotic of sorts! Take a couple of capsules (available from the health food store). I always take a capsule or two if I eat out anywhere, as well as digestive enzymes (Digest Spectrum).

Also, look into probiotics. Good gut health = better immune system = no sicky! I use PB8 14 billion, and eat a lot of Bubbies sauerkraut, yogurt, and kombucha tea- all good little bacteria to keep the belly happy and doing what it's supposed to.

Since you said whenever you eat you feel ill.... is there a possibility that you might need to go gluten or dairy free? I have a friend that gets SICK (very sick) when she has gluten. She also suffers from anxiety, too, but her sickness is definitely gluten induced. You may notice from my siggie that I'm gluten free too. It doesn't make me SICK, just very bloated and uncomfortable for a few hours (I look preggo if I get glutened)- a simple blood test will be able to tell you for sure if you're gluten sensitive.

I hope you can get to the doc tomorrow! One visit will work wonders I'm sure! You can do it!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #275
Coolcait1996
Earning My Ears

Yeah I'm lactose intolerant. And I'm just scared to eat because that means food in my tummy that I can throw up ):
And I'm slightly lactose intolerant.
And I don't know how I'm gonna make it to my appointment... I don't wanna think about it, that'll be the death of me... Tips on how to make it through safely??
Old 10-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #276
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Quote:
Yeah I'm lactose intolerant. And I'm just scared to eat because that means food in my tummy that I can throw up ):
And I'm slightly lactose intolerant.
And I don't know how I'm gonna make it to my appointment... I don't wanna think about it, that'll be the death of me... Tips on how to make it through safely??

Yep, I feel you on this one. This is something that plagued me when I was little, and now only sometimes. If you're interested, click the top link in my signature (it's my blog)- I talk about eating meat again (we were vegetarian for 2 years), and talk a little about my emetophobia, with a link in the blog to my other posts about it as well. Your body needs nutrients to be healthy. Eating wholesome, nutrient dense foods won't make you sick. Sometimes when I get worked up, but I know that I have to eat something, I will make a small smoothie and sip it over a period of time. I normally do things like fruits and veggies with a little bit of coconut milk (for calories). Sometimes I need to take a sip, walk away, come back, take a sip, walk away.... you get the idea. But at least that gives me energy, which is one thing that helps with my anxiety.

As far as being able to leave the house to go to the doctor, whenever I'm nervous or anxious, I put in my earbuds and blast Dave Matthews music. Find music that makes you feel good. Then, go outside, walk around a bit, then stand in the grass in bare feet, close your eyes and drop your shoulders. Be PRESENT- listen to your music, feel the grass between your toes and the wind in your face, slow your breathing. Stay like that for as long as you need, and when you're ready, carry on with your day. Get out of your head, and get into the present moment. This is the hardest thing to do when you're anxious (for all of us), and it will take a few moments to come out of panic to allow you to do this, but seriously, it really DOES help. Do I sound like a total hippie? I don't hide it very well.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #277
SDSorority

Also, check out these videos by Brad Yates - EFT.

If you're not familiar with what EFT is, here's a good intro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BjKZOV9pzs&feature=plcp

Kind of kid centered, but I still like it. Feeling yucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGmalKuatEY&feature=plcp

Being afraid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzAMxiiVWBw&feature=plcp

Fear and panic right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajW1b-6jgJY&feature=plcp

You'll be ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP70Et2d3Lw&feature=plcp

Clearing fear and worry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heQvpti4uvo&feature=plcp

I hope this helps!
Old 10-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #278
Coolcait1996
Earning My Ears

UPDATE!!:

My psychiatrist called my mom at work and CANCELED our appointment. One day ahead??? I suffered for who knows how long waiting for this much needed appointment and they cancelled it the moment I couldn't take another freakin day! They put active military people as top priority. my dad is retired. My mom came home early crying because she was so pissed and upset. She said she couldn't stand seeing me another night
By that she means last night. I felt sick and she has been trying really hard to help me, and asked if I wanted to go on a walk and I said I didn't feel good and she suggested that I throw up a few times until it becomes not a big deal and that broke me down because to me throwing up is the end of the world and I was BAWLING and she came over to comfort me and I shoved her away firmly and said noooo leave me aloneeeee and she was SOOO hurt when she responded "okayyyy D:" and I left the house and was out from 7-9 crying hysterically. I couldn't take it anymore I didn't want a day to begin or end because every night I suffer and I hate waking up not knowing when ill have an episode and I just hated living...
So she took me to the ER today. She had to give me some of her medicine to keep me calm enough to get there. They prescribed me Ativan . I have only 20 tablets and that's a temporary prescription until I can see a psychiatrist. They got us an appointment October 31st. But they could put an active duty people before me again so the ER doctor gave us a list of some psychiatrist so if we can see them sooner then my scheduled appointment we will take them. Because we can't risk them pushing my appointment away.
The medicine totally helps. I'm a whole different person already !!!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #279
kacaju
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry!!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #280
SDSorority

Quote:
The medicine totally helps. I'm a whole different person already !!!
I'm glad the medicine is helping you so far! I hope you have a great day today and a relaxing weekend! This is your very first step! One step at a time- you can do this!!!!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #281
Coolcait1996
Earning My Ears

I can function again! Like I still have my worrisome thoughts but they aren't over powering and sending me into a state of panic. I actually had a very good night last night, no pacing around trying to relax and make the anxiety go away. I'm trying to use as little medicine as possible because I have a limited amount and I don't want to become to dependent.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #282
SDSorority

Quote:
I can function again! Like I still have my worrisome thoughts but they aren't over powering and sending me into a state of panic. I actually had a very good night last night, no pacing around trying to relax and make the anxiety go away. I'm trying to use as little medicine as possible because I have a limited amount and I don't want to become to dependent.
Good for you!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #283
SDSorority

Proud to report a small victory. We had a potluck at work today and I actually ATE food that other people brought in (salad with GF dressing, mushrooms). This is a small victory because I normally avoid potlucks like the plague. Trying to stay calm. I did take my oregano oil and digestive enzymes... but still, I didn't just eat my food from home. Now I just need to stay calm for the rest of the afternoon. Ready, go.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #284
Coolcait1996
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority
Proud to report a small victory. We had a potluck at work today and I actually ATE food that other people brought in (salad with GF dressing, mushrooms). This is a small victory because I normally avoid potlucks like the plague. Trying to stay calm. I did take my oregano oil and digestive enzymes... but still, I didn't just eat my food from home. Now I just need to stay calm for the rest of the afternoon. Ready, go.
I can eat other people's food, ALONE! I can't eat in public though. Stay strong! You took precautions so you are better prepared then most!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #285
SDSorority

Quote:
I can eat other people's food, ALONE! I can't eat in public though. Stay strong! You took precautions so you are better prepared then most!

Glad I took the risk- it was good for me mentally. Unfortunately, I got glutened

Didn't make me sick, just REALLY bloated and uncomfortable (which is how I always get when I get glutened). But, it didn't make me panic!!!! It was OK. Tonight I ate out at a restaurant that I normally eat at, but got adventurous and had turkey for the first time in.... over 2 years.... and had part of DH's burger (he's gluten free, too so it was a burger without a bun). This was the first burger I had eaten that wasn't my own cooking in.... 3-4 years?? Making great strides! Not there yet... but proud of the last few days!

Cool- I hope you're still doing well this weekend!!!!

Last edited by SDSorority; 10-27-2012 at 08:17 PM.
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: