Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #121
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I have seen both you and AKL Lover mention the Playsport. I looked it up on Amazon but don't really get it. Is it more of a camera or more for video? Have you tried yours yet, how do you like it?
Old 03-25-2011, 02:31 PM   #122
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I have seen both you and AKL Lover mention the Playsport. I looked it up on Amazon but don't really get it. Is it more of a camera or more for video? Have you tried yours yet, how do you like it?
It's a video camera. It records digitally and it's HD. The Playsport is also waterproof! It does take still pictures (I believe) but I haven't tried this function yet. I did use it to record DS's birthday and really liked it. I need to finish playing around with the video and post a portion of it on my PTR so everyone can see how it looks
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #123
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Switching things around? You've been spending too much time on my thread

I am going to have to head to Dollar Tree and see if I can find any of the wands. I went there last week to look for Easter window clings and don't recall seeing them.

Great job tracking points so far. I have been tracking everything too. I even got in a little treadmill time the last two days. Can't wait until Sat. which is my first weigh in. As long as I don't order a few pizzas Friday night it should go okay.
My travel agent calls it "DISNEYCHANGEITIS" ... it is particularly catchy when you are a distance out from your trip

RESIST the PIZZA.....(says the girl who ate an entire bag of cheesy rice cakes today....9 points...yeah, I tracked it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
You can take a bus from AK to DHS.

If that bus line looks too crazy or you just missed one I would take Swan/Dolphin bus as the boat stops there last before DHS.
oh cool, I didn't think that there were park to park busses -- only park to resorts. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
I think it is a requirement to change your plans atleast a few times. Good thing that you realized your omission of Fantasmic now, not when you were on your trip.
Yeah I logged on to touring plans last night and found out now that I rearranged my plans that they changed the nights for Fantasmic!! I am actually glad (sort of) because now Fantasmic will be held on the day that we plan to spend all day (minus dinner at Chef Mickey's) at DHS.

but then I went and double checked my whole listing of park times, EHM, parades and fireworks and found that there have been other changes since I started planning in January.

on my only AKL day, there is now a morning EMH. Oh yeah, I am dragging DH there for 7:30 am...or maybe DD and I will go and he can catch up when he feels like it? we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Guess what I meant to tell you? I was able to return my Playsport at Target and order one with the bundle pack from Amazon, just like you. Very excited to get all the extra goodies that go with it. It's just a better deal than the one I had.
AWESOME! I transferred some video from my PS to a DVD the other night and it really takes NICE clear video. I especially like the automatic stabilizing....normally my videos all look like I"m taping during an earthquakebut this one makes me look rather professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray
I do really love it. I have acutally not yet figured out how to do still photos with it. I saw it on AKL's TR and knew it was just what we wanted - something small & durable and water resistant so that we can use it at parks, and camping. I've been trying to test it out regulary and I do really like it. and the battery holds up decently. I used it on a weekend, waited a week, used it again, waited another week and only then did I get the recharge light.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #124
jm106
DIS Veteran

Finally catching up on PTRs. Great job on the Tshirts!
I looked at ther kodak HD video but went with the flip. You got some goodies though. Im trying to figure out how to do the still shot, its from a video you can do it. I did figure out sharing though. Neat toy. Now I need to jiggle that, a point and shoot and a DSLR! I may need to forget my cell phone or I need a bigger bag.
Happy planning

Old 03-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #125
teachermommy78
DIS Veteran

Subbing! I don't know why I didn't see this before! I will catch uo tomorrow.
1995 Off Property, 2000 Disney Cruise and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 All Star Movies, 2011 POP Century, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian, 2013 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 will be BCV, BLT and Port Orleans Riverside

Old 03-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #126
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
Finally catching up on PTRs. Great job on the Tshirts!
I looked at ther kodak HD video but went with the flip. You got some goodies though. Im trying to figure out how to do the still shot, its from a video you can do it. I did figure out sharing though. Neat toy. Now I need to jiggle that, a point and shoot and a DSLR! I may need to forget my cell phone or I need a bigger bag.
Happy planning
DH and I figured out (aka read the directions) how to do the still photos and how to change video settings for online video vs watching it on TV yesterday.

DH is still insisting that he is bring our 8 YO camera as well. Its clunky compared to current video cameras, so I am trying to talk him out of it. He usually doesn't realize I'm right until he's totally committed to the wrong idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermommy78 View Post
Subbing! I don't know why I didn't see this before! I will catch uo tomorrow.
I have been slowing down a bit, pacing myself.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 PM   #127
Moira222

DisneyChangeitis

Just a short update--and thanks to everyone who is so friendly and chatty here for popping over. I know its hard to read every TR every day (heaven knows I can't manage it!) so I appreciate you taking time to read my ramblings

I have been reading lots of TRs and dining reviews, and have been really reconsidering our ADR at Coral Reef. Its on our "play" day -- on past trips I wouldn't have even made an ADR on this day but we've only been to WDW in January, when ADRs are not always needed. Anyway, I made this ADR to get good seafood (its Florida, right?) but all the reviews and pics I saw were of chicken and pork. whhaaaaa?? Then I considered the Cape May Clambake...but clambake style food (here in NE PA anyway) are a lot of fried foods, and clams (yeck) mussels(blech) and BBQ chicken and pork. what's with the chicken and pork? We eat chicken or pork 4 or 5 nights a week at home. I want something different!

Then I remembered the reviews and pictures of Raglan Road. (have I mentioned being part Irish?) and then remembered that we will be in DTD that day anyway. BINGO! I read the menu to DH who about drooled, and then read the kids' menu and said WHOPPEEEKatie can pick from real food here, not chicken fingers and mac & cheese.

SO at 11:45 pm I emailed my TA to ask about changing our ressies. I could have done it online but think there's a protocol to this whole travel agent thing, right? So I am waiting to hear a confirmation from her.

I have also been working on my mini touring plan and making little tweaks here and there. i found that some EMH's have changed, some fire works have been moved (like Fantasmic) so I had to allow for that.

So now I am wondering....am I falling into the run run run trap again? i really want to enjoy so much more that WDW has to offer this time. I get so excited though I find it hard to pace myself. As I consider my daily plans, I wonder if I am trying to jam too much into individual days instead of trying to pace myself.

what do my well traveled friends here have to say? Am I going to make myself crazy jamming too much into my first few days? Will we be happier eating at Raglan Road? Will park hours change again?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:29 PM   #128
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I have been reading lots of TRs and dining reviews, and have been really reconsidering our ADR at Coral Reef. Its on our "play" day -- on past trips I wouldn't have even made an ADR on this day but we've only been to WDW in January, when ADRs are not always needed. Anyway, I made this ADR to get good seafood (its Florida, right?) but all the reviews and pics I saw were of chicken and pork. whhaaaaa?? Then I considered the Cape May Clambake...but clambake style food (here in NE PA anyway) are a lot of fried foods, and clams (yeck) mussels(blech) and BBQ chicken and pork. what's with the chicken and pork? We eat chicken or pork 4 or 5 nights a week at home. I want something different!

Then I remembered the reviews and pictures of Raglan Road. (have I mentioned being part Irish?) and then remembered that we will be in DTD that day anyway. BINGO! I read the menu to DH who about drooled, and then read the kids' menu and said WHOPPEEEKatie can pick from real food here, not chicken fingers and mac & cheese.

SO at 11:45 pm I emailed my TA to ask about changing our ressies. I could have done it online but think there's a protocol to this whole travel agent thing, right? So I am waiting to hear a confirmation from her.

I have also been working on my mini touring plan and making little tweaks here and there. i found that some EMH's have changed, some fire works have been moved (like Fantasmic) so I had to allow for that.

So now I am wondering....am I falling into the run run run trap again? i really want to enjoy so much more that WDW has to offer this time. I get so excited though I find it hard to pace myself. As I consider my daily plans, I wonder if I am trying to jam too much into individual days instead of trying to pace myself.

what do my well traveled friends here have to say? Am I going to make myself crazy jamming too much into my first few days? Will we be happier eating at Raglan Road? Will park hours change again?
FYI - Your TA can assist with your ADRs and such, but you only HAVE to go through them for changes when it comes to your resort package. I use a TA, but I handle all of my own ADRs, so I don't have to wait for her to make time for me between her other clients. And that way, if I can't get exactly what I want, I can make changes immediately instead of back-and-forth communications.

I'm sad that we changed our Raglan Road ADR (we changed it to Maya Grill so we didn't have to leave resort) ... so you'll have to save me some leftovers.

As far as your planning, as long as you stay flexible and realistic, you're A-Okay! I dunno how they determine park hours, so not sure if they'll change on you again ... but definitely keep an eye on them so you're prepared.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #129
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
FYI - Your TA can assist with your ADRs and such, but you only HAVE to go through them for changes when it comes to your resort package. I use a TA, but I handle all of my own ADRs, so I don't have to wait for her to make time for me between her other clients. And that way, if I can't get exactly what I want, I can make changes immediately instead of back-and-forth communications.

I'm sad that we changed our Raglan Road ADR (we changed it to Maya Grill so we didn't have to leave resort) ... so you'll have to save me some leftovers.

As far as your planning, as long as you stay flexible and realistic, you're A-Okay! I dunno how they determine park hours, so not sure if they'll change on you again ... but definitely keep an eye on them so you're prepared.
Thanks and ! I just popped over to your PTR -- you'll be coming as we are going . I caught your first entry -see that you have upgraded from POP to CS. We stayed there in '07 and LOVED it. the pool and hot tub are AWESOME.

i"ll have to sneak read your ptr as I work today
Old 03-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #130
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road looks so good. It was on my short list but I just couldn't imagine us getting over to DTD again since we already have T-rex and I still need to try EOS and WPE.

Coral Reef on the other hand doesn't impress me much.

I hope you eat at RR so that you can take a bunch of pictures of the yummy food for me
Old 03-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #131
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
Will park hours change again?

Boy am I hoping that park hours don't change a lot! I've already printed all our stuff and glued everything into my planning binder!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #132
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Boy am I hoping that park hours don't change a lot! I've already printed all our stuff and glued everything into my planning binder!
You are brave! No more changes for you now. I haven't printed my final versions yet....you know, just in case....
Old 03-29-2011, 09:24 PM   #133
Moira222

Quote:
Raglan Road looks so good. It was on my short list but I just couldn't imagine us getting over to DTD again since we already have T-rex and I still need to try EOS and WPE.

Coral Reef on the other hand doesn't impress me much.

I hope you eat at RR so that you can take a bunch of pictures of the yummy food for me
I am so glad that we changed our adr, I have been wantring to try RR after reading a few write ups on trip reports. I love that they have regular menu items for kids too.

I have a confession....I totally fell off the wagon and bounced along behind it for a few miles. Katie and I went to Friendly's last night. It was good, though I was a bit sorry later
Old 03-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #134
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so glad that we changed our adr, I have been wantring to try RR after reading a few write ups on trip reports. I love that they have regular menu items for kids too.

I have a confession....I totally fell off the wagon and bounced along behind it for a few miles. Katie and I went to Friendly's last night. It was good, though I was a bit sorry later
Just jump right back on that wagon and don't look back!

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 03-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #135
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Your trip is SO CLOSE and your plans look fantastic...I love reading about all of the changes and new plans! Thanks for sharing with us all.

What an AMAZING Birthday this is going to be for Joe!!!

Tags
may 2011, pretrip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: