Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #106
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Looks like you are ready to go

It must feel so good to need a smaller bathing suit. Congrats!

I finally decided I need to just do Weight Watchers and stick with it. Sat. was exactly 8 weeks from our trip so I logged into my account (yes, I pay every month with good intentions to use my online subscription) and reread all the materials. I hit up the produce store and am good to go. 8 weeks of stict on plan WW. Hopefully, I can lose at least 10 lbs before the trip but we'll see.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #107
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Looks like you are ready to go

It must feel so good to need a smaller bathing suit. Congrats!

I finally decided I need to just do Weight Watchers and stick with it. Sat. was exactly 8 weeks from our trip so I logged into my account (yes, I pay every month with good intentions to use my online subscription) and reread all the materials. I hit up the produce store and am good to go. 8 weeks of stict on plan WW. Hopefully, I can lose at least 10 lbs before the trip but we'll see.
Oh we can keep track together. I have not been tracking and so have been stalled right where I am....which is no where near where I want to be!

I have a droid phone so I just downloaded a tracker program -- I always have my phone with me so i won't have the excuse of "I can't find my notebook/a pen/the book". My DH is SOOO freaking good....i wonder if don't flake out in rebellion of his perfection.

I don't follow the new program, I follow the one from last year. but still, I absolutely notice a difference when I track and if I could just stay on board I know that I will be in the next lower block of 10's on the scale by the time we hit WDW. that a minimum of 6lbs, very doable if I stick to writing, and maybe chew gum at work so that junk here doesn't tempt me.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #108
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
WE CAN DO IT!!!!
I was considering just doing the old plan since I know it so well. I liked that I could just look at nutrition info and calculate the points. I am going to give the new program a try. I was always too hungry on the old plan, so I like that fruits don't count and I can eat those if I use the other points during the day.

I just need to start going for walks and I should be ready by May.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:24 AM   #109
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
They are cool. I found them at a Dollar Tree store. was the first time i had ever seen them so i figured i'd stock up right then.
Off to my local Dollar Tree store today after work to see if I can score some! Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 08:23 PM   #110
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Followed you over here from my PTR and just finished reading. Looks like you have some nice plans for your trip. The WL is a beautiful resort, I hope to stay there some day. We saw it last year when we ate at the WCC and we were there early so we had a chance to explore some, really cool place.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 03-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #111
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I was considering just doing the old plan since I know it so well. I liked that I could just look at nutrition info and calculate the points. I am going to give the new program a try. I was always too hungry on the old plan, so I like that fruits don't count and I can eat those if I use the other points during the day.

I just need to start going for walks and I should be ready by May.
I know its only Wednesday but I have been tracking faithfully all week. we shall see how it goes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Off to my local Dollar Tree store today after work to see if I can score some! Thanks
I fyou can't find them i can check if my dollar tree still has them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Followed you over here from my PTR and just finished reading. Looks like you have some nice plans for your trip. The WL is a beautiful resort, I hope to stay there some day. We saw it last year when we ate at the WCC and we were there early so we had a chance to explore some, really cool place.
Welcome! I am looking forward to really enjoying the pool more there -- it was quite cold the last time we were there! we did use the pool, but it was COOLLLDDDD
Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #112
Moira222

Mini Touring book trip tweaks

So I have been a bit quiet on the board at night this week. I started working on my mini-touring book. I have a full sized set that will go in my binder, along with all sorts of tidbits of information, space for journaling and writing funny stories, etc. But I have a smaller book that I will be sticking in the backpack with my abbreviated touring plans and dinner reservations.

As I work on them I am finding that I am making change based on "DOH!" moments....like when I realized that Fantasmic! will only be two nights, and neither of the nights we planned on being at DHS!!

So now I find that Iwill have to cut my only animal kingdom day a little short (Grr) and leave right after JJP to head to DHS so that we can scurry to Fantasmic! guess we will grab food as we race through the park on our way to find seating. Anyone know how they decide if/when to add a second show? F! is scheduled for 7 but the park is open till 10 pm. I wish I knew for sure there would be a later show, becuause then I could stay at Animal Kingdom till 6 but now I know that we will have to head to transportation by 5 at the latest.

I'm figuring we take a bus to either Boardwalk or Yacht club, then take a friendship to DHS. Is this a good route? is there a better one

I also realized that my day 2 plan of doing world showcase in Epcot immediately after breakfast is also foiled.....WS doesn't open till 11 am. sheesh! but I guess that's okay cuz we can do Captain EO and/or Test Track before we start touring the world.

I've also realized that I was scheduling TOO MUCH in Epcot for our first weekend. I want time to take in the flower and garden show I know that we will be back there a few times over the course of the week--it's DH's favorite park so we will definitely be tehre on his birthday, and we have dinner ressies on Thursday so we will be there for a few hours then too. So I pulled a few things out of our first full Epcot day so that we could take our time and not rush from country to country. We'll see---once I get there, I am so excited once I get there that I want to do it all NOW.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:04 AM   #113
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

On the World Showcase day, what about going to AK and doing the safaris or EE since you need to get there early to see either of those anyway then going to Epcot for around 11am? That's what I'm thinking we'll be doing on our World Showcase day. You can get that done so when you go to AK for the shortened day, you can spend it on doing other things.

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 03-24-2011, 09:06 AM   #114
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
On the World Showcase day, what about going to AK and doing the safaris or EE since you need to get there early to see either of those anyway then going to Epcot for around 11am? That's what I'm thinking we'll be doing on our World Showcase day. You can get that done so when you go to AK for the shortened day, you can spend it on doing other things.
That's a good idea...I could probably even convince DH that DD and I will head to AK just for the safari one morning & let him go run or something. he is not an AK fan. that day above we have 9:10 breakfast ressies at Akershus Hall so we have to be at Epcot early... oh well!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #115
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:

I fyou can't find them i can check if my dollar tree still has them!
I got some! Thank so much for the tip on where to find them. Both my kids were so excited . DS wanted to open them right then and there and it took me awhile to convince him that he we should save them for Disney.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:14 AM   #116
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
I got some! Thank so much for the tip on where to find them. Both my kids were so excited . DS wanted to open them right then and there and it took me awhile to convince him that he we should save them for Disney.
Katie wanted hers, too "come on Mom.....just one? there are still two more"....oh she is a con when she tries! I'm glad you found them, I was just thinking of you this morning wondering if I should go get some just in case.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #117
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Switching things around? You've been spending too much time on my thread

I am going to have to head to Dollar Tree and see if I can find any of the wands. I went there last week to look for Easter window clings and don't recall seeing them.

Great job tracking points so far. I have been tracking everything too. I even got in a little treadmill time the last two days. Can't wait until Sat. which is my first weigh in. As long as I don't order a few pizzas Friday night it should go okay.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #118
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm figuring we take a bus to either Boardwalk or Yacht club, then take a friendship to DHS. Is this a good route? is there a better one
You can take a bus from AK to DHS.

If that bus line looks too crazy or you just missed one I would take Swan/Dolphin bus as the boat stops there last before DHS.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:21 PM   #119
laashley
DIS Veteran

I think it is a requirement to change your plans atleast a few times. Good thing that you realized your omission of Fantasmic now, not when you were on your trip.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #120
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Guess what I meant to tell you? I was able to return my Playsport at Target and order one with the bundle pack from Amazon, just like you. Very excited to get all the extra goodies that go with it. It's just a better deal than the one I had.

Tags
may 2011, pretrip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: