Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #91
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Hi

I just found your pre-trip report and I am joining in. I have only read the first page but I will be back to catch up later. Unfortunately I have some errands to run, I hate when real life and grocery shopping get in the way of the Dis.

We are renting points at the VWL for the first few days of our trip. We check in May 14. I looked over your schedule on the first page and don't see any overlaps, but maybe we'll see you at the pool. Then again, if you are anything like me your plans on the first page are nowhere close to the plans you have now.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 AM   #92
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Welcome! We will have to at least plan some coffee & pool time. My Katie (DD7) would be SOOO excited to have a friend to play with at the resort and your DD is only a bit younger. Do you call her Katie too?? Oh I will have to PM you my cell so that we can find each other!!!

Quote:
There are directions on the DIS to make these? Something else I can add to my list to research while spending time on the DIS. (not like I needed another reason to spend more time on here. I swear I will NEVER run out of things to research or look up!) I have seen these shirts posted on other threads and think they are so cute. I may have to give them a try. Boy my to pre-trip to-do list is getting quite long...

I found the tie dye directions....see if you are brave enough:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028914

Quote:
I'm going with YES .....

....For the meer fact that if it's time for you to pack then that means it's DEFINITELY time for me to pack. Truth be told, I've been thinking about starting already, but didn't want to admit it yet , because that makes me seem more crazy obsessive than I already seem.
really I have been wanting to start packing for weeks I have a little corner of the office/guest/disaster room reserved for Disney stuff that will be packed. I too have held off lest I seem a little too crazy I have friends that are already a little worried about me
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #93
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am all caught up.

First of all, congrats on the weight loss. That is awesome! I would love to drop 20-30lbs but just lack motivation for some reason.

I am so jealous that Katie is so tall. Caitlin is like 46Ē. I think she is one of the shortest kids in class. I blame DH, his whole family is short. I wish she would have hit the 48Ē mark so that she could go on Forbidden Journey in Universal but I donít think she is going to grow 2Ē in 2 months.

We will probably run into you on our arrival night. As long as our room is ready by the afternoon my plan is to hit the pool and then head to EPCOT. We have an adr at Via Napoli that night.

I have been looking for a site that has the entertainment schedule on it and found it on here. It will be much easier to plan the day when I know what time the shows are.

I really wanted to check out AK late EMH this trip. I canít believe they donít have any listed yet. Whatís up with that?

Iíve been trying to find sandals to alternate with my sneakers. I just ordered the Nike Comfort ones. Are those what you have in the picture?

The shirts you made look great. I made a bunch of shirts for our trip last year and I swore I was going to do it again this year. Too bad work has been really slow this month, b/c now I have extra time to fill. I just got my iron transfer paper in the mail, along with some T-shirts. I just need to narrow mine down. I am only making a few for Star Wars Weekend and one Tangled for Caitlin.

Too cute that Katie always likes the bad guy. I always pick the bad one too. Darth Vader, Professor Snape in Harry Potter, Squidward from Spongebob. The bad ones are just more interesting.

Ha, yesterday I was saying two months from now we will be having dinner at Via Napoli. I was really considering Biergarten too, but I was outvoted. I canít wait to hear what you think of it.

I have kind of started packing. Over the weekend I went through the closet and took out our shorts (we most likely wonít need them for awhile in CT) and I took out all of the Disney themed T-shirts DH owns (not like he would ever wear them outside of Disney). I ordered tons of clothes for Caitlin from Childrenís Place and Justice so once I get that her stuff will get packed too. I canít wait!

Oh yeah, one last thing. We will be at SWW the same day as you. We are going to have an early lunch at Sci-Fi and then dinner at Mama Melrose. We did SWW last year and it does get very busy but it is very fun. The parade is great and I have seen videos of Hyperspace Hoopla (missed it last year) and that looks very fun. You are lucky that you have another day at DHS to get most of the main attractions done. Our only DHS days will be SWW days. DH insists on stealing 2 of my Disney days for Universal.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #94
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Okay, speaking from someone who is already packing, I have to say that no, it is not too early to pack.

I love Crystal Palace and think you will like it, too. It's real fun for the kids, and a must do for our family!

Old 03-15-2011, 05:00 PM   #95
laashley
DIS Veteran

Loving the shirts you have made. I see you are as addicted as I am!

Your last day looks like fun!
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 AM   #96
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
Okay, speaking from someone who is already packing, I have to say that no, it is not too early to pack.

I love Crystal Palace and think you will like it, too. It's real fun for the kids, and a must do for our family!
LOL I am looking forward to Crystal Palace -- we've heard from lots of folks how nice it is. We tried to get in as walk ins last year but it was too long of a wait for my family (when DH is hungry he is more Shrek Like than Prince Charming like)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Loving the shirts you have made. I see you are as addicted as I am!

Your last day looks like fun!
I am a little out of control with the shirts....I have been debating attempting the tie dye though I don't think that I could even PAY DH to wear a tie dye shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Okay, I am all caught up.

First of all, congrats on the weight loss. That is awesome! I would love to drop 20-30lbs but just lack motivation for some reason.

I am so jealous that Katie is so tall. Caitlin is like 46Ē. I think she is one of the shortest kids in class. I blame DH, his whole family is short. I wish she would have hit the 48Ē mark so that she could go on Forbidden Journey in Universal but I donít think she is going to grow 2Ē in 2 months.

We are excited that Katie will be able to do all the big girl rides this time. she is SO excited about doing TOT! her favorite ride at Hershey Park is the frogger ride --- it bounces you up & down like TOT
We will probably run into you on our arrival night. As long as our room is ready by the afternoon my plan is to hit the pool and then head to EPCOT. We have an adr at Via Napoli that night.
I was getting dizzy reading your changes last night!! You are arriving Friday, right? or are you back to Saturday?? We will be in the pool Friday to night for sure, and likely Saturday night as well. I think Saturday we are MK in the morning & Epcot after dinner at 1900 Park Faire. Did I tell you how excited Katie was to hear about Caitlyn? she is excited to have a new friend to play with at the resort

I have been looking for a site that has the entertainment schedule on it and found it on here. It will be much easier to plan the day when I know what time the shows are.
I have that site bookmarked somewhere, i will look in between work today. they don't publish the schedule till about 2 weeks out

I really wanted to check out AK late EMH this trip. I canít believe they donít have any listed yet. Whatís up with that?
I have never experienced late EMH at AK. and DH is not a fan so I am sort of limited to one day there unless I ditch he & DD and go alone (not a bad idea!)

Iíve been trying to find sandals to alternate with my sneakers. I just ordered the Nike Comfort ones. Are those what you have in the picture?

The shirts you made look great. I made a bunch of shirts for our trip last year and I swore I was going to do it again this year. Too bad work has been really slow this month, b/c now I have extra time to fill. I just got my iron transfer paper in the mail, along with some T-shirts. I just need to narrow mine down. I am only making a few for Star Wars Weekend and one Tangled for Caitlin.
Put aluminum foil underneath the tee & Iron the tee first before putting down the transfer -- it works better, I learned

Too cute that Katie always likes the bad guy. I always pick the bad one too. Darth Vader, Professor Snape in Harry Potter, Squidward from Spongebob. The bad ones are just more interesting.

Ha, yesterday I was saying two months from now we will be having dinner at Via Napoli. I was really considering Biergarten too, but I was outvoted. I canít wait to hear what you think of it.
We LOVE german food, and we at there in '07 so it was never a debate n my family. Ticky Tacky Ticky Tacky OY OY OY!

I have kind of started packing. Over the weekend I went through the closet and took out our shorts (we most likely wonít need them for awhile in CT) and I took out all of the Disney themed T-shirts DH owns (not like he would ever wear them outside of Disney). I ordered tons of clothes for Caitlin from Childrenís Place and Justice so once I get that her stuff will get packed too. I canít wait!
Katie & I hit the Reading outlets this weekend, so I have some new things purchased, and have a few things that I can now fit into after a few years so I will be pulling up the suitcase this weekend I think...I will post !!

Oh yeah, one last thing. We will be at SWW the same day as you. We are going to have an early lunch at Sci-Fi and then dinner at Mama Melrose. We did SWW last year and it does get very busy but it is very fun. The parade is great and I have seen videos of Hyperspace Hoopla (missed it last year) and that looks very fun. You are lucky that you have another day at DHS to get most of the main attractions done. Our only DHS days will be SWW days. DH insists on stealing 2 of my Disney days for Universal.
I saw your Universal days. and the cove. how exciting...but i would be sad to take those days away from my WDW trip. I would want a SEPARATE trip
Old 03-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #97
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Only time for a Quick note ( I am cooking dinner). LOVE the shirts!!! I will be back.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #98
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Only time for a Quick note ( I am cooking dinner). LOVE the shirts!!! I will be back.
lol you are as bad as me, popping over whenever you have a few spare moments. its a sad but fun addiction!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #99
Moira222

Totally off topic but funny (and eerily true!) post

So this is totally NOT WDW related but I just had to share with you all ....

my BFF sent me this e-mail in honor of St. Patrick's Day:

What it Means To Be In An Irish Family.

1) You will never play professional basketball.
2) You swear very well.
3) At least one of your cousins is a fireman, cop, bar owner, funeral home owner or holds political
office. And you have at least one aunt who is a nun or uncle who's a priest..
4) You think you sing very well.
5) You have no idea how to make a long story short!
6) There isn't a big difference between you losing your temper or killing someone...
7) Many of your childhood meals were boiled. Instant potatoes were a mortal sin.
8) You have never hit your head on a ceiling.
9) You spent a good portion of your childhood kneeling in prayer.
10) You're strangely poetic after a few beers.
11) Some punches directed at you are from legacies of past generations.
12) Many of your sisters and/or cousins are named Mary, Catherine or Eileen .... and there is at least
one member of your family with the full name of Mary Catherine Eileen.
13) Someone in your family is very generous. It is more than likely you.
14) You may not know the words, but that doesn't stop you from singing..
15) You can't wait for the other guy to stop talking before you start talking.
16) You're not nearly as funny as you think you are ... but what you lack in talent, you make up for in frequency.
17) There wasn't a huge difference between your last wake and your last keg party.
18) You are, or know someone, named Murph.
19) If you don't know Murph then you know Mac. If you don't know Murph or Mac, then you know Sully. And you probably know McMurphy
20) You are genetically incapable of keeping a secret.
21) You have Irish Alzheimer's... you forget everything but the grudges!
22) 'Irish Stew' is a euphemism for 'boiled leftovers.'
23) Your skin's ability to tan.... not so much. (Only in spots!)
24) Childhood remedies for the common cold often included some form of whiskey.
25) There's no leaving a family party without saying goodbye for at least 45 minutes.
26) At this very moment, you have at least two relatives who are not speaking to each other. Not fighting, mind you, just not speaking to each other

and so now I feel compelled to share this:

What it Means To Be In An Irish Family.

1) You will never play professional basketball. yeah I am 5'6"...the "Tall" people in my family are 5'11"
2) You swear very well.ahem....i won't make you blush like I have to other sailors, truckers, and prison guards
3) At least one of your cousins is a fireman, cop, bar owner, funeral home owner or holds political
office. And you have at least one aunt who is a nun or uncle who's a priest.. DH is a LEO, my great aunt is a nun, and frankly my dad spends so much time at the bar that he SHOULD own it
4) You think you sing very well.well I did till one day I was singing along to my cd player and DH came in the room to see who was killing a cat
5) You have no idea how to make a long story short!
6) There isn't a big difference between you losing your temper or killing someone...I learned early to control my temper...until I had a mini-me for a daughter now I am back to square 1
7) Many of your childhood meals were boiled. Instant potatoes were a mortal sin.a few years back, after all the kids were long since grown and moved out, my mom was planning to make a big meal in honor of my sister's family being in from Colorado. she had the potatoes, the ham, the veggies. Then she said to me (in the presence of my father) oh crap, I don't have a potato masher any more. can I borrow yours? My dad said What do you mean you don't have a potato masher? How did you make potatoes last night? My Hungarian mother was BUSTED!
8) You have never hit your head on a ceiling. (see #1)
9) You spent a good portion of your childhood kneeling in prayer.my knees are flat on the top I swear!!
10) You're strangely poetic after a few beers.Isn't everyone?
11) Some punches directed at you are from legacies of past generations.
12) Many of your sisters and/or cousins are named Mary, Catherine or Eileen .... and there is at least
one member of your family with the full name of Mary Catherine Eileen.mmm my name is Mary Ellen Catherine....my Dd is Kathryn
13) Someone in your family is very generous. It is more than likely you.
14) You may not know the words, but that doesn't stop you from singing..see #4
15) You can't wait for the other guy to stop talking before you start talking.SO MEE!!!!
16) You're not nearly as funny as you think you are ... but what you lack in talent, you make up for in frequency.whatever dyou mean I am not funny?
17) There wasn't a huge difference between your last wake and your last keg party.really? there's a difference?
18) You are, or know someone, named Murph.does my friend's dog count?
19) If you don't know Murph then you know Mac. If you don't know Murph or Mac, then you know Sully. And you probably know McMurphyoh okay then we are covered
20) You are genetically incapable of keeping a secret.apparently that is where my german heritage comes in, I can keep a secret
21) You have Irish Alzheimer's... you forget everything but the grudges!
22) 'Irish Stew' is a euphemism for 'boiled leftovers.' id didn't know there was a difference.
23) Your skin's ability to tan.... not so much. (Only in spots!)HEY! in the summer my makeup coverup goes from Ivory to Light...that counts as tan, right??
24) Childhood remedies for the common cold often included some form of whiskey.adult remedies, too!
25) There's no leaving a family party without saying goodbye for at least 45 minutes.HA! I've got it down to 30 minutes now
26) At this very moment, you have at least two relatives who are not speaking to each other. Not fighting, mind you, just not speaking to each otherthat would be my older brother not speaking ro my sister or me, or perhaps my DH not talking to my parents or BIL??

enjoy my short story
Old 03-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #100
Moira222

Early packing...shopping finds and something to put it in

Aaah nothing like a Saturday without craziness. Slept in (well, 7 am IS sleeping in compared to 5:45!! Got to enjoy some coffee while I folded a bazillion loads of laundry, walk the dog in daylight (yeah!), and surprise my girl by picking up one of her friends to sleep over.

Poor DH worked midnight - 8 am last night, and is now working 4 pm - 8 am tomorrow morning, so I kept her out of the house so he could sleep, and figured with him working, he won't mind little girls playing and giggling. win win for me!

So, while the girls played out side on Moonshoes and the pogo stick, I stole a little time to take some photos for the next phase of trip planning: packing! I have sort of been working up a list (we camp a lot, so I sort of merged my previous Disney Packing Lists with our camping packing lists) though I need to really finalize the list print it and begin crossing off things that have been purchased/prepared and then packed.

First, my fellow planners will appreciate that I spied this Samsonite luggage set last fall at Sam's club. I knew we'd need new luggage (our 5 year old $80 set from Target is dying a slow death) and thought that this nice red $120 set would hold up well for more than five years, even with Joe manhandling some of them (naaah, no one ever jams carryons up on the over head bins, right?)

So we are very psyched that three of the four pieces of this set all count as carry on luggage. yippeee. Now I am sure that most kids who travel take their cute little tiny over night bags as their carry on. NOPE! Katie's carryon is just as big as it can be, and then she brings a "personal item" of a back pack for things to keep her occupied on the plane. The carryon from our old set is still good enough for another trip or two so we'll be able to bring that and the new one and the duffel back as a carry on for Joe -- with a $20 per bag fee each way, we'll be trying to stuff what we can into carry ons, and keep the big suitcases for the bulky stuff and the stuff that can't be carried on (important stuff like Captain Morgan!!)

I also have been doing some clothing shopping for all of us but mostly for Joe, who has dropped a LOT of sizes even since the end of last summer, and for Katie who just refuses to stop growing!!!

Last Sunday Katie, I and one of my BFFs hit the outlets for some shopping. Joe needed a new swimsuit (can't have the boys flopping out ya know) so I picked up two for him: one blue and one with his hawaiian print. then sticking with his Hawaiian theme we picked out a really nice black shirt (we laughed when we told him it was a Charlie Sheen shirt, as seen on 2 1/2 men) and some jeans. I bought myself a few new tops for WDW (along with some for work) I also need a new swimsuit but only tried one on to be sure of my size (yeah smaller than last year!). I saw a nice one on sale at Sam's club....I am hoping it is still there when I can finally get there. I hit a different Sam's location today and they did NOT have the suit I wanted. bummer.

I did finally find the sandals that I want to wear, and wore them all day this past Friday. comfy. hooray!

Anyway, other shopping finds that I have for early packing are glow stick wands for Katie (for a dollar as opposed for $10 at the parks), some tinkerbell expanding wash towels, sunglasses, rain ponchos, an over the door shoe holder, for holding all of our (ok my) toiletries and sundries in the hotel room that we will call home for 9 nights.
Naturally purse packs of hand wipes & lip balm are a must in the parks for a week.

I have a $1 find at Target - a red scrap book but a small one. I am planning to some how fashion this into a great autograph book. I did buy a back of unlined index cards, but I am not quite sure how well it will work taking it tothe parks. I bought thick sharpies for the characters to use, just not sure if the index cards will work or if they'll get lost.

Finally i found these very cool Mickey banadanas. I am thinking of cutting one to cut out the mickey heads and shapes and using fabric glue to decorate the autograph book. So far I am just working on it in my head so once I actually do something for real I will post it. I'm taking ideas if ya have any! I get so many great ones from here on the DIS boards, I love it!

So that is step one to getting packed. I am off to cruise the boards a bit and then crash (if I don't fall asleep with my fingers over the keyboard as I tend do to lately!)
Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #101
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your PTR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I just realized that Katie's "Pinky Promise" story was in the Disney Spotlight newsletter, and I must have missed it in my inbox! It was in last August. bummer. I would have printed it out! If anyone keeps their Disney Insider newsletters, can you PM me to forward it?

Here is a link to the Insider Spotlight: http://disney.go.com/disneyfans/insi...light/20100831
I have this Disney Insider on my work email if you're still looking for it.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:50 AM   #102
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Thanks for posting your finds! I forgot about hand wipes, lip balm, and ponchos. I'll be adding those to my packing list. Yay for having carry-on sized luggage. I hear my wallet crying over the checked bag fees too. They're getting ridiculous!

P.S. Kudos to the both of you having to buy new, SMALLER clothing for this trip!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 03-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #103
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Enjoying your PTR!

I have this Disney Insider on my work email if you're still looking for it.
oh yes! that would be great, thanks! i will pm you my email, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie
Thanks for posting your finds! I forgot about hand wipes, lip balm, and ponchos. I'll be adding those to my packing list. Yay for having carry-on sized luggage. I hear my wallet crying over the checked bag fees too. They're getting ridiculous!

P.S. Kudos to the both of you having to buy new, SMALLER clothing for this trip!
Yeah, I liked JetBlue last time because there were no baggage fees. I am not sure about needing the rain ponchos, but we have only been to FL in January, so not sure what May will bring.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #104
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Where did you get the glow in the dark wands? My kids would love them! I've never seen those, only the glow in the dark necklaces.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:19 PM   #105
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Where did you get the glow in the dark wands? My kids would love them! I've never seen those, only the glow in the dark necklaces.
They are cool. I found them at a Dollar Tree store. was the first time i had ever seen them so i figured i'd stock up right then.

Tags
may 2011, pretrip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: