Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 PM   #76
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Just found the F&G Schedule!!! so Excited!

Okay I have to tell you, this trip will be lots of firsts for us -- we've never been to an "event" at WDW . this trip we will experience two - Flower and Garden Festivalfor the first weekend, SWW the second. I have not been too sure what to expect from either.

I've been reading up on lots of other TR's about the F&G and am getting pretty excited. I've been catching Brook's awesome FB updates with great topiaries in Epcot. gorgeous!

and today I found the F&G Guide to this year's event.
Who was addicted to Trading Spaces a few years back? ME ME ME and DH too! we would watch those shows for hours commenting on some of the great and bizarre makeovers (who the heck staples silk flowers all over the wall of someone's bathroom anyway Hilde???) Anyway, I jsut found out that our all time favorite designer - Vern Yip - is going to be the special guest for the weekend we are there oh yeah, very psyched. DH is catching some zzzzz's before midnight shift, but I will tell him in a few when he wakes upl

Oh, and if you were wondering, the free dining did not give us an better rate than the first pin. Didn't realize the first pin gave us a 40% discount, almost $1500 off, so that is way more than the DP would cost the three of us.

off to catch up on some of the TR's that I am behind on!
Old 03-04-2011, 10:08 PM   #77
Moira222

I'm not ready to stop planning!

I really have only one more full day to write out for our trip, but I am not ready to call it yet!!!

So, I confess that I blatantly copied AKL Lover (thanks Melissa) in doing some pre-Disney shopping.

Oh Yeah..... new Kodak PlaySport.

and its PURPLE! tee hee hubby sort of wanted me to get black or blue but I said Hey, its the color of royalty.... suck it up dude!

Joe took the picture for me (my phone batter died) so he just caught the whole package that we bought, not a close up of the video camera. (Check AKL Lover's PTR for better pics!) see, he's learning. by the time we get to WDW he'll be photographing food and stuff without me even asking!

Its so small -- its actually a little smaller than my cell phone! and the package came with the cutest little tripod and a carry case that will hook on to one of the hooks on his new travel vest.

DD, DSIL, and I are going to Pt Pleasant tomorrow for a birthday party (DH has a work related thing to do) so I will test the video and photo taking abilities tomorrow. can't wait!!!

I also have made my first set of tee shirts. I wish the iron ons would have transferred better. i am afraid that we are only going to get one wear each before they start to peel. Has anyone does iron on transfers at home? any sort of fixative I can spray on the finished tees to make the iron on stay?

Here is a close up of just DH's -- his came out best, then all three.

all three:

its late here.... i had to catch up on at least one TR before I even hit mine. More later Gang!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #78
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I really have only one more full day to write out for our trip, but I am not ready to call it yet!!!

So, I confess that I blatantly copied AKL Lover (thanks Melissa) in doing some pre-Disney shopping.

Oh Yeah..... new Kodak PlaySport.

and its PURPLE! tee hee hubby sort of wanted me to get black or blue but I said Hey, its the color of royalty.... suck it up dude!

Joe took the picture for me (my phone batter died) so he just caught the whole package that we bought, not a close up of the video camera. (Check AKL Lover's PTR for better pics!) see, he's learning. by the time we get to WDW he'll be photographing food and stuff without me even asking!

Its so small -- its actually a little smaller than my cell phone! and the package came with the cutest little tripod and a carry case that will hook on to one of the hooks on his new travel vest.

DD, DSIL, and I are going to Pt Pleasant tomorrow for a birthday party (DH has a work related thing to do) so I will test the video and photo taking abilities tomorrow. can't wait!!!

I also have made my first set of tee shirts. I wish the iron ons would have transferred better. i am afraid that we are only going to get one wear each before they start to peel. Has anyone does iron on transfers at home? any sort of fixative I can spray on the finished tees to make the iron on stay?

Here is a close up of just DH's -- his came out best, then all three.

all three:

its late here.... i had to catch up on at least one TR before I even hit mine. More later Gang!
What?!? I am so jealous that you got all those great goodies with your play sport. Where did you get it from? My DH was also less than thrilled that I got purple, but hey, I was the one who did the buying, so I picked the color that I wanted!

My DS's bday party was today and I got to use ours. Now I just need to transfer the video to our laptop and play around with it a bit to see how much I really like it. I think I'll post part of the video we made on my PTR so people can see a sample of what it does.

Let me know what you think of yours.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #79
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Oh, and I love your shirts. I think they turned out great! You guys are going to get a lot of attention wearing those in the parks!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #80
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
Oh, and if you were wondering, the free dining did not give us an better rate than the first pin. Didn't realize the first pin gave us a 40% discount, almost $1500 off, so that is way more than the DP would cost the three of us.
Love those savings! We got 40% off AKL too. When staying at a deluxe, room discounts are usually better than free dining!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 AM   #81
Moira222

Quote:
What?!? I am so jealous that you got all those great goodies with your play sport. Where did you get it from? My DH was also less than thrilled that I got purple, but hey, I was the one who did the buying, so I picked the color that I wanted!

My DS's bday party was today and I got to use ours. Now I just need to transfer the video to our laptop and play around with it a bit to see how much I really like it. I think I'll post part of the video we made on my PTR so people can see a sample of what it does.
I agree - she who shops picks the color!!! He should be glad i didn't find pink!! I ordered mine through Amazon. DH went to Walmart but they had none in stock so ...my turn! The Camera actually came from a place3 called "Beach Camera" in Jersey -- $159 and it came with 8GB sd card, little tripod (its so cute!!), soft case, a v cool USB stick that you put in your pc that transfers data from the SD card right to your pc. (this is will work with our digital cameras too which makes it even better for traveling with! ), and a USB/AC charger (one end plugs into wall, one end is usb plug)

I used it on Saturday. I am a lousy videographer to be sure but the videos were pretty clear. One tip, if you have not already figured it out. even though its small, don't hold it sideways!! I am so used to my phone auto adjusting for the camera, that i guess I thought this would do it too. so now i have really clear but sideways footage of DD on the beach. (the party was at point pleasant -- can't go that close to the beach and not say hello to the ocean!)

I will see if I can upload some too later on tonight. On Saturday I was too tired from all the driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
Oh, and I love your shirts. I think they turned out great! You guys are going to get a lot of attention wearing those in the parks!
Thanks for the on the shirts. I like them, and hope that they last for more than one wearing! I am trying to find a way to help secure the decals a little better. I have one more set of tees to make and think this time I will try putting aluminum foil behind the shirt to help boost the heat. we'll see!!

ok I am busted for popping onto the DIS in the morning before I have even gotten ready for work. Gotta go,

I owe I owe, its off to work I go.....
Old 03-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #82
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

LOVE your purchases and those shirts are AMAZING!!!!!! I love them! I just posted this somewhere else; however, I had to give it to you as well after seeing those shirts!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #83
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
LOVE your purchases and those shirts are AMAZING!!!!!! I love them! I just posted this somewhere else; however, I had to give it to you as well after seeing those shirts!!!
LOL THanks Judy. Love the rocking Stitch!! I am now working on our second set of tee's at home. I'll post when they are done, too.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:03 PM   #84
Moira222

I'd rather plan WDW trip than work

So here I am at work, with 4 windows open so that as a page saves and another loads I can read up on trip reports & live through everyone else's trips.

This morning instead of getting ready for work I made our second set of tee shirts. I told DH this morning that as if its not enough that we will be there for his birthday, its not fair that HIS shirts came out the best of everyones!

Truth be told, I was originally going to make us each a red Incredibles shirt, but then decided that its enough that we will match with red shirts & mickey heads, Katie & I could do our own favorite.

First Joe's, my very own Mr. Incredible

I designed my own Tink -- but think it came out a bit dark with the red tee

and Katie has a Mickie Princess for this one.

She and I together designed a Mickey head with Vidia for her that will go on a white shirt. Didn't do that one this morning. in case you don' know who she is:

I have to say I have noticed a rather scary trend in that my darling little girl

always seems to favor the "bad girl" in the Disney movies. Happily she sees that even they come around (Sharpay in HSM, Vidia in TInkerbell, Alex Russo of course, oh and Tess Tyler in Camp Rock) but still, should I be worried?

I also need to point out on the Tiara iron on that it very clearly is Kate NOT Katie. can she be growing up that fast already? dang!

Ok back to work , just wanted to post a quick update!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #85
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Hey, I'm loving you PTR. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss. You both look amazing.

Your shirts look great. I love to make shirts using the Creative DISigns. Lots of talented people and very thoughtful to take the time to make them for the creatively challanged people like me. One tip I got for the transfers is to wash the shirts before transfering but do not use fabric softner when you dry. It will cause the transfer to not go on properly.

I just got a PLAYSPORT also. The purple one ,too! I have played around with it a little bit but have not transferred any video. I hope that it is easy to do since I'm kinda a computer dummy.

SWW- We went for the first time last year. I don't know much about Star Wars but my DH and two sons are big fans. I really enjoyed it though. They aren't joking about getting there early. DH was not happy that I made us get there at about 7:40 to the turnstiles until we were there. There were already people lined up. We were about 5 families back. Which worked out great because we were back far enough to watch the opening show. If you are first at the turnstiles, you can't see up on the roof. Plus, there are diehard fans that camp out overnight to get in the FP's line to meet the stars from the movies. So it gets crowded early. My kids just wanted to get pictures of certain characters, like Darth Vader and Darth Maul so we didn't experience a lot of the crowds. We mainly just went for those few pictures and for the parade, which is amazing! Get to your parade spot pretty early( I waited for about 1 hour while DH took the kids to see Darth Maul). There is not much shade so be careful in the heat. We probably didn't do half the SWW stuff but I would be glad to answer any questions you might have, if I can.
Here is a link to a site about SWW. It has last years map and times guide so you can get an idea of what to expect.
http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/c...events-planned

Look under the 2010 events schedule to see. There is also a character meet and greet schedule.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #86
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Your t-shirts are awesome! We did SWW last year, and the biggest tip I can give you is to be there EARLY.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #87
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Helloooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm finally here! Ya know, the first post of your PTR looks familiar. I think I've been here before and just didn't hit subscribe for some reason! I know I was very interested in what you had to say about the CS menus. I finally sat myself down and read it... at work (don't tell the boss!)

Congrats on the weight loss. Since we booked our trip in January, I've been saying to myself that I really need to get more active before we go or I'll hate moving by the time we get back to the room. I'm so overwhelmed with doing my student teaching, night class, and work this semester though that all I want to do is pass out by the time I get home.

Umm what else.. ooh! Coral Reef. We went there in 2009. Our server moved us up to a table right on the aquarium glass. It was fantastic! The food wasn't anything special but not bad either. I think the experience is worth it if you're using DDP.

Loving the shirts btw! When I first read you were making shirts, I thought of sponge painting and glitter but these are fabulous!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Last edited by fadingjamie; 03-11-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #88
Moira222

ticky tacky ticky tacky oy oy oy! 3/13 update

So as we ate dinner in an uneventful day, I say kindly "Two months from today we'll be at Epcot, having dinner at the Biergarten"....to which Katie and Joe respond "Ticky tacky ticky tacky OY OY OY!"

Katie has told us that is going to be her new cheer of excitement about something.

nothing like throwing a little Disney into every day life, eh?

So with that thought I have to admit that this is the last day of our WDW trip that I have to write out. boo hoo.

Our last full day at the world is Saturday May 21. We will do some swim time and some play time Saturday morning and spend the afternoon and evening at the Magic Kingdom. We 4:55 dinner ressies at the Crystal Palace (one last first for us!)

I am sure the park will be crowded but that won't stop us from watching Wishes one more time. I haven't checked for updated park hours recently, but at this point MK is open till 11 pm which gives us a pretty late night to ride all of our favorites and get our fill for another year or two.

Sunday morning we will have to pack up and maybe enjoy a little swim time before UnME picks us up around 11 a.m.

Up next....

is it time to pack yet?
Old 03-14-2011, 09:46 PM   #89
Moira222

!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Hey, I'm loving you PTR. First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss. You both look amazing.
thanks!
Your shirts look great. I love to make shirts using the Creative DISigns. Lots of talented people and very thoughtful to take the time to make them for the creatively challanged people like me. One tip I got for the transfers is to wash the shirts before transfering but do not use fabric softner when you dry. It will cause the transfer to not go on properly.

shoot I wish I had read this before I did the second set@! oh well katie had one more shirt that she'd like her Vidia design to go on, maybe that one will turn out best.

I just got a PLAYSPORT also. The purple one ,too! I have played around with it a little bit but have not transferred any video. I hope that it is easy to do since I'm kinda a computer dummy.

I'm not that talented with video for sure!!! Usually I make DH program the DVR

SWW- We went for the first time last year. I don't know much about Star Wars but my DH and two sons are big fans. I really enjoyed it though. They aren't joking about getting there early. DH was not happy that I made us get there at about 7:40 to the turnstiles until we were there. There were already people lined up. We were about 5 families back. Which worked out great because we were back far enough to watch the opening show. If you are first at the turnstiles, you can't see up on the roof. Plus, there are diehard fans that camp out overnight to get in the FP's line to meet the stars from the movies. So it gets crowded early. My kids just wanted to get pictures of certain characters, like Darth Vader and Darth Maul so we didn't experience a lot of the crowds. We mainly just went for those few pictures and for the parade, which is amazing! Get to your parade spot pretty early( I waited for about 1 hour while DH took the kids to see Darth Maul). There is not much shade so be careful in the heat. We probably didn't do half the SWW stuff but I would be glad to answer any questions you might have, if I can.
Here is a link to a site about SWW. It has last years map and times guide so you can get an idea of what to expect.
http://sww.studioscentral.com/main/c...events-planned

Look under the 2010 events schedule to see. There is also a character meet and greet schedule.
HI! Thanks for coming along! I appreciate the heads up for the crowd. good to know that first inline is not the best spot for the rope drop show...not that we are likely to be there first I like to get up early but take my time welcoming the day.

I will be cruising the SWW guide, thanks. I feel sort of lost without some idea of a schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post
Helloooooooooooooooooooooo! I'm finally here! Ya know, the first post of your PTR looks familiar. I think I've been here before and just didn't hit subscribe for some reason! I know I was very interested in what you had to say about the CS menus. I finally sat myself down and read it... at work (don't tell the boss!)

I usually have about four windows open, with the dis boards down low so i can pop off really fast@!

Congrats on the weight loss. Since we booked our trip in January, I've been saying to myself that I really need to get more active before we go or I'll hate moving by the time we get back to the room. I'm so overwhelmed with doing my student teaching, night class, and work this semester though that all I want to do is pass out by the time I get home.

ok i am tired just listening to your schedule

Umm what else.. ooh! Coral Reef. We went there in 2009. Our server moved us up to a table right on the aquarium glass. It was fantastic! The food wasn't anything special but not bad either. I think the experience is worth it if you're using DDP.

Loving the shirts btw! When I first read you were making shirts, I thought of sponge painting and glitter but these are fabulous!
on the DISign board I saw directions for making these awesome looking tie dye Mickey head shirts but I am sure mine would turn out awful .....

Last edited by Moira222; 03-14-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #90
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

Quote:
on the DISign board I saw directions for making these awesome looking tie dye Mickey head shirts but I am sure mine would turn out awful .....

There are directions on the DIS to make these? Something else I can add to my list to research while spending time on the DIS. (not like I needed another reason to spend more time on here. I swear I will NEVER run out of things to research or look up!) I have seen these shirts posted on other threads and think they are so cute. I may have to give them a try. Boy my to pre-trip to-do list is getting quite long...

Quote:
Up next....

is it time to pack yet?

I'm going with YES .....

....For the meer fact that if it's time for you to pack then that means it's DEFINITELY time for me to pack. Truth be told, I've been thinking about starting already, but didn't want to admit it yet , because that makes me seem more crazy obsessive than I already seem.

Tags
may 2011, pretrip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: