Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #151
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Mickey mail!

Yesterday DH calls me to say….Guess what came in the mail today? Hmmmm I have no idea. MICKEY MAIL!!!
Wahoo! Was not expecting that yet! it makes is so much more official and close. And can you believe he opened it with out me? humph!

35 days. oh yeah, doin’ the happy dance…O h and doin the OMG look at all the stuff still on my to do list! YIKES!

I had to put in the things I know I’ve done, just to make myself feel a little better. What did I miss folks???

Disney To Do List (purple is done)
  • ADRS
  • make Mousekeeping envelopes
  • put $ in Mousekeeping envelopes
  • fill m&m tube with quarters and pennies
  • pack stretched penny book
  • Joe’s birthday tee’s
  • Red mickey head tee’s
  • Re print binder schedule
  • Print mini schedule & put together in book
  • Decide and then complete autograph book
  • Finish 2007 scrapbook!
  • Pick up alien green mickey head paint samples
  • Make and laminate lgmh’s for backpack
  • Tie dye shirts!
  • Order Disney Visa reward card 4/18
  • Start making & freezing Thor’s dog food!
  • Make grocery order list – decide if using wegoshop or garden grocer!
  • order Joe’s bday gift 5/1
  • place grocery order 5/1
  • Make Joe try on shorts!!!
  • Pack clothing
  • Pack extra stuff/non clothing items in checked bag
  • schedule doggy get togethers with house/dog sitter
  • clean the house (blech)
  • make sure bills due are paid before we go
So knowing that we officially have our Magical Express tags, I was inspired to head down to the basement to try on shorts and capris.

that I fit into my white skirt (and I looked, there is no real brand name in it to tell me where I bought it, sorry). (My new clothing goal is a pair of white jeans ...they are SO not sized right because i could not even button the top button and they are the same size as all the other clothes I am wearing now)

So for Me I know that I am packing: 1 white skirt, 1 white capris, 1 tan capris, 1 green capris, 1 tan shorts, 1 black shorts, 1 sun dress. I may pack one more pair of shorts, but figure I can easily do a load of laundry so why over do it? I am sure I will have to because DH doesn't have enough shorts that fit him I'm sure, and its early in the season here to buy more.

DH and I also decided for sure that we will pack our Saturday stuff in our carry on and use DME to get our luggage. We were on the fence, since we arrive about 8:20 pm at MCO, but I had a lot of good input about using DME at night & whether or not to get our own luggage. We like to let the magic begin at the airport, so just carry ons for us to worry about!

Last edited by Moira222; 04-08-2011 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #152
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Yay for Mickey Mail!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #153
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Grats on Mickey Mail!!!!

Grats on 35 days!!!!

Grats on fitting into the white skirt!!

Lots of Grats!!

SO GRATS FOR THE GRATS!

Is DH sleeping on the couch for not saving Mickey Mail for you to open?

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 04-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #154
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post

Is DH sleeping on the couch for not saving Mickey Mail for you to open?
too funny...NAH, because I TOTALLY would have ripped that puppy open before getting in the house if I had picked up the mail!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #155
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I started the tye dye tees last night..i traced the mickey heads on the white tees. this weekend I am hoping to do the dyeing.
Can't wait to see your Ts! I told the kids we would try them for our August trip.

Quote:
Order Disney Visa reward card 4/18
Did you know you can get one at any guest relations (the parks & DTD) after you get to Disney? Then you call and get your rewards transfered to the card. You can use the card right away. In the past when I've ordered by mail I only put the minimum amount of rewards on the card ($10 or $20) and then wait til I get to Disney to transfer the rest. I usuually charge everything back to my room and use the rewards card to pay off the room charge.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #156
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
Can't wait to see your Ts! I told the kids we would try them for our August trip.

Did you know you can get one at any guest relations (the parks & DTD) after you get to Disney? Then you call and get your rewards transfered to the card. You can use the card right away. In the past when I've ordered by mail I only put the minimum amount of rewards on the card ($10 or $20) and then wait til I get to Disney to transfer the rest. I usuually charge everything back to my room and use the rewards card to pay off the room charge.
I did not know that, thanks! We only just got the card in January. I have been using it for all sorts of stuff then paying it right away to get more points. They told me when I called the other day that you can only transfer when you have a minimum of $10 and that you points "hit" at the end of your statement. did you find that it works differently at the park?
Also, don't you get a discount for using your reward card at the park in stores and stuff? if you charge things back to your room, then you lose that discount, right? I'm all for saving money wherever I can, so I wouldn't want to lose a discount.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:12 PM   #157
jm106
DIS Veteran

Yah for mickey mail!
Dont beat yourself up for friendlies. You should be proud of what you accomplished already! Katie needed the mommy and me time too bonding over friendlies(MMM)
I got inspired so I am making Tshirts but the transfer kind. Tips?? I got them at target but I got one per kid so I hope I dont screw them up. I am going to surprise them when we get there with personalized shirts. I am also going to make a tote bag.
Good list, lots done. I have a love/hate with this time when you have done so much most things now need to wait until the end.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #158
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did not know that, thanks! We only just got the card in January. I have been using it for all sorts of stuff then paying it right away to get more points. They told me when I called the other day that you can only transfer when you have a minimum of $10 and that you points "hit" at the end of your statement. did you find that it works differently at the park?
Also, don't you get a discount for using your reward card at the park in stores and stuff? if you charge things back to your room, then you lose that discount, right? I'm all for saving money wherever I can, so I wouldn't want to lose a discount.
I'm sure the minimum is the same if you get the card at the park.

Didn't think of the discount as I always have an AP too but I never even thought you'd get a discount with the "rewards" card I thought you only got it with the actual Visa card.

It's been a while since I used the Disney Visa for merchandise discount. Can you use it everywhere? I thought it was at World of Disney at DTD that gave the discount. I also thought you had to spend $50 go the discount.---I just looked it up---you can use Visa or rewards card and looks like you can use it at more than World of Disney but still need the $50 minimum.
Quote:
A $50 minimum pre-tax single transaction merchandise purchase is required to receive discount. Must use your valid Disney Rewards Visa Credit Card, Disney Rewards Visa Debit Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card as payment form and mention this offer. Discount is not valid on purchases of ticket media, gift certificates, Disney Gift Cards, videos, DVDs and CDs, Disney Dollars, sundries, periodicals, digital and video cameras, disposable cameras, film, consumer electronics (e.g., CD players, TVs, DVD players), tobacco, alcohol, In-Park balloon vendors, Add-a-Dollar (Wildlife Conservation Fund), postage stamps, rentals (e.g., strollers, ECV, etc.), all Titleist and Cobra golf equipment, national brand fragrances, treatments and cosmetics, personalization, Disney's PhotoPass® $29.95 special package, Lladro, Swarovski Crystal, Walt Disney Classics Collection, original or limited-edition artwork, other collectibles and select merchandise. Discount is not available at Walt Disney World® Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China Pavilion, Japan Pavilion, and Morocco Pavilion at World Showcase in Epcot®, Arribas Brothers, Basin, Basin White, Cirque du Soleil, Curl by Sammy Duval, Ghirardelli, House of Blues, Hoypoloi, LEGO Imagination Center, Magic Masters, Magnetron, Niki Bryan Spas, Orlando Harley Davidson Store, Planet Hollywood, Rainforest Café, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Rubio Balloon Arts, SD Watersports, Sosa Cigar, Sunglass Icon, Surrey Bike Rental, T-Rex Café Shop, Wyland Galleries, and any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort. Further, discount is not available at Disney's Character Premiere, Disney's Character Warehouse or on phone, online or mail orders. May not be combined with any other discount, offer or promotion. Not valid on previous purchases. Offer is subject to change without notice. Separate Theme Park admission may be required.
Don't forget about the Meet & Greet at Epcot. I would try getting there a few minutes before it starts. They let in one family at a time and let you stay as long as you want so it is a great experience but the line moves slow.

Last edited by lovesdumbo; 04-09-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:37 AM   #159
jm106
DIS Veteran

Need technical help- since you did Tshirts, can you tell me HOW do I flip my image so words are not backwards?

Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #160
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
Need technical help- since you did Tshirts, can you tell me HOW do I flip my image so words are not backwards?
There are 2 different kind of iron on sheets you can buy. One kind is for use on light colored Ts only. These you have to print in mirror image (should be a choice in page set up). These sheets transfer the ink to the T.

The other type of iron on sheets are labeled for dark Ts but you can use them on any shirt. These are like a sheet of plastic that you print on WITHOUT making them iron on. You cut out the design and then pull the paper off, put the "plastic sheet" on the T, cover with parchment paper and iron on. From looking at photos I think this is the kind Mary Ellen uses.

A couple of simple hints....wash the T and dry without fabric softener before ironing the design on.

If you use the sheets for dark T's you need to be careful with trimming because everything you don't trim will be white on the T.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #161
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Congrats on fitting in the white skirt!

I need to get my to do list together. Caitlin messed up all my plans and I've spent the last few days rearranging everything. I am one adr away from having everything I want.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #162
jm106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesdumbo View Post
There are 2 different kind of iron on sheets you can buy. One kind is for use on light colored Ts only. These you have to print in mirror image (should be a choice in page set up). These sheets transfer the ink to the T.

The other type of iron on sheets are labeled for dark Ts but you can use them on any shirt. These are like a sheet of plastic that you print on WITHOUT making them iron on. You cut out the design and then pull the paper off, put the "plastic sheet" on the T, cover with parchment paper and iron on. From looking at photos I think this is the kind Mary Ellen uses.

A couple of simple hints....wash the T and dry without fabric softener before ironing the design on.

If you use the sheets for dark T's you need to be careful with trimming because everything you don't trim will be white on the T.

Good luck!
Thanks, I got the light version and white Ts but I cant find a way flip it. I didnt make the design, someone on creative group did it for me.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #163
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm106 View Post
Yah for mickey mail!
Dont beat yourself up for friendlies. You should be proud of what you accomplished already! Katie needed the mommy and me time too bonding over friendlies(MMM)
I got inspired so I am making Tshirts but the transfer kind. Tips?? I got them at target but I got one per kid so I hope I dont screw them up. I am going to surprise them when we get there with personalized shirts. I am also going to make a tote bag.
Good list, lots done. I have a love/hate with this time when you have done so much most things now need to wait until the end.
Well I have to say that when I was refolding things to start packing, I realized that my transfers are not looking that good. The white mickeys I am keeping, but I actually peeled off the transfers that I did on the red shirts. I learned after I did mine that I should have washed the shirts first. So today after peeling off the loose transfers this morning, I washed the shirts and bought newer transfer sheets (i'd purchased the others some time ago on clearance). sooooo we'll see how they turn out. Let me know how yours come out when you do them! Second time around I put aluminum foil behind the tee and ironed the tee first, then did the iron on, to smooth and warm up the tee first.

I love the tote bag idea. I would just be afraid that i'd be the one to end up carrying yet another thing!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:33 PM   #164
Moira222

Arts & Crafts

Last week was a Daddy Daughter dance with Brownies, with a Fairyland Ball theme. Naturally I had to get crafty.

Katie and I baked Fairy cookies....sadly I guess I forgot to take pictures. They were pastel colored meringue cookies. fun and easy to make, and a hit with the kids.

We also made our own fairy wings. I found some directions online and used four wire hangars and a pair of white pantyhose. who knew that white pantyhose were hard to find? but in the end I lucked out finding a pair that were off-white and only $2.49 ( was not keen on spending $5 on pantyhose that I would cut!)

After we shaped our wings & covered them in nylongs, Katie drew designs on them & then I added glitter glue to the edge of the wings and some decorations in them. I did take pictures, so here is a close up of the wings, and then Katie and Daddy ready for the dance.

They had a lot of fun, and Katie danced all night. They left the dance about 1/2 hour before it ended because Katie feet 'were killing' her. LOL DH said "you are just like mommy"

Speaking of getting crafty

I finished my portable Disney planner today. YIPPEEE. I basically took the highlights of my bigger planner and put them into a smaller book to go into my park bag. Then i can cross off the rides and shows we've actually seen and know what else to do next.

I glued Mickey confetti (thanks Jen!!!) to the cover to help decorate it more Mickey and less valentines day..

I started putting some clothing into suit cases today..yeah... I have no doubt that I will take them out and put them in a half dozen more times before I am finally packed. i have to get the spacing figured out!

I also realized as I went to pack them is that my iron on shirts were not going to hold up. The transfers were peeling like crazy, so I finally just peeled them all. Tonight I went out and bought more (newer) transfers specially for dark colors s we will see how they turn out for round two.

I also picked up new tie dye colors - I had a few colors but of course Katie wants black on here. Very happy that I found a set that has black blue, turquoise, red and pink. a little something for everyone!

I think tie dye is on tomorrows agenda if i am not too tired from the girl scout Easter egg event tomorrow.
Old 04-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #165
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Don't forget when you dry the t-shirts, don't use fabric softner. It will prevent the iron-on transfer from sticking. I can't wait to see the tye dyed shirts. Katie looked adorable for her dance. Love the wings.

Tags
may 2011, pretrip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: