Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #136
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I am so glad that we changed our adr, I have been wantring to try RR after reading a few write ups on trip reports. I love that they have regular menu items for kids too.

I have a confession....I totally fell off the wagon and bounced along behind it for a few miles. Katie and I went to Friendly's last night. It was good, though I was a bit sorry later

Mmmmmm,Friendly's. I wouldn't worry about it. I would just get right back on the wagon. Even though I am still in the early stages I have been strangely motivated the last two weeks. Maybe since our wagons on taking us straight to the pools at Disney?

Every few weeks my mom goes to Hometown Buffet with my aunt and uncle and since they love to see Caitlin they usually invite me to come along. My uncle, who is a big guy, told my DH once he was impressed with the amount of food I could pack away(just want a girl wants to hear). Anywho, my mom invited me to go tomorrow and I actually said no! Not like it's too hard to try down hometown buffet, but I really do just love large amounts of food at one time, good or not
Old 03-31-2011, 08:07 AM   #137
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Mmmmmm,Friendly's. I wouldn't worry about it. I would just get right back on the wagon. Even though I am still in the early stages I have been strangely motivated the last two weeks. Maybe since our wagons on taking us straight to the pools at Disney?

Every few weeks my mom goes to Hometown Buffet with my aunt and uncle and since they love to see Caitlin they usually invite me to come along. My uncle, who is a big guy, told my DH once he was impressed with the amount of food I could pack away(just want a girl wants to hear). Anywho, my mom invited me to go tomorrow and I actually said no! Not like it's too hard to try down hometown buffet, but I really do just love large amounts of food at one time, good or not

I hear ya!!! We have a chinese buffet right down the street from us - it is our "go to" spot when we are tired/really hungry/in a hurry. They know my daughter's name and greet her when we go there We still go but have tried filling our plates with mostly vegetables & fruit. I'm proud of myself for NOT having a dish of ice cream there the last time we went (which was Tuesday)

I just keep picturing the clothes that I want to wear....I have this really cute white summer skirt with built in shorts, its great for being out and being cool but looking nice. it has a very pretty beaded belt. I really want to wear it at WDW and need to make sure that I can do so without splitting the seams!!! so I keep going down to the basement (where we keep off season/off sized clothing) and trying it on..I"m in trouble when it fits ...I"ll have to pull out something smaller yet!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #138
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Just a quick question... I know that you have stayed at WL before, have you eaten at WCC? Right now I have it booked for dinner on our MK night but I just found an opening for Tony's instead. I feel like since this may be the only time we stay at WL, we have to try it but I just don't know. I noticed it's not in your plans, just wondering what you thought if you tried it. We might be able to try it for breakfast.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #139
Moira222

We did eat there -- twice. We enjoyed lunch, which we had the day we arrived in 2009. Katie loved the lincoln log table and the horseplay around the restaurant, and we adults enjoyed our meals--a lot. Actually so much that we were sure dinner would be fantastic. but.....

We did not love dinner as much -- I didn't know about taking food pictures then so can't remember exactly what we had, but what I do remember was that we were expecting a different type of menu (Umm like Salmon since its a Pacific NorthWest themed resort) and that the food did not inspire us to return. We also were not happy with the kids menu for dinner.

I see now that its listed as a Signature restaurant, but in 2009 Artist Point was on the regular meal plan. Now THAT was a dinner worth repeating! I remember commenting what a great value we got for our meal plan that night.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:04 PM   #140
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Quote:
I just keep picturing the clothes that I want to wear....I have this really cute white summer skirt with built in shorts, its great for being out and being cool but looking nice. it has a very pretty beaded belt. I really want to wear it at WDW and need to make sure that I can do so without splitting the seams!!! so I keep going down to the basement (where we keep off season/off sized clothing) and trying it on..I"m in trouble when it fits ...I"ll have to pull out something smaller yet!
oOo if only I could find a skirt with built in shorts! I want to wear skirts at WDW but all that chafing I hate trying spandex bike shorts under skirts because double elastic waist bands make me cranky by the end of the day. Any chance you remember where you got yours?

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

Old 04-01-2011, 02:00 PM   #141
teachermommy78
DIS Veteran

I am all caught up! Fantastic job on the weight loss! I've lost 30 on WW. I am struggling with the new system and would really like to go back to the old. I am a huge fruit eater. I was on the old system as well. I am one of the people this new plan won't work for. I am convinced of it! On the old plan, I ate about 5-6 servings of fruit a day, and counted them all. Even the 2 point bananas. On the old plan I had way less points than on the new plan. On the old plan I was losing 1-1.5 lbs a week. How on earth am I supposed to lose on the new plan where fruit is 0 and I have more points? It doesn't make mathematical sense. I actually gained a couple weeks, staying within my points and exercising like a maniac. So I've had to start experimenting. Now, I give each fruit I eat a 1 point value no matter what. I have maintained over the past few weeks, but no loss. I must say, I not faithful to the plan on the weekend. I pretty much eat what I want. No bingeing, but not tracking. But I did the same exact thing before and lost consistently. This weekend I am going to track faithfully. Maybe I need to drop a few points as well. I would really like to drop 10-15 lbs by Disney. I don't care about how fast I lose. I just want to be consistent and not gaining!

I've really enjoyed your PTR! You are a great planner. I need to fine tune some stuff in my plans. I've hit a lull in planning and am running out of steam. Maybe in a month, I will get the planning bug again!
1995 Off Property, 2000 Disney Cruise and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 All Star Movies, 2011 POP Century, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian, 2013 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 will be BCV, BLT and Port Orleans Riverside

Old 04-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #142
Moonies
Moonies Corrupt, Corrupt Absolutely :)

Subbing in! Your plans sound awesome! We did our ADRs before we found the DIS and while I wouldn't change any of them, I'm keeping track of all these other restaurants. I'm dying to know what Raglan is like, it sounds like so much fun!!!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #143
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachermommy78 View Post
I am all caught up! Fantastic job on the weight loss! I've lost 30 on WW. I am struggling with the new system and would really like to go back to the old. I am a huge fruit eater. I was on the old system as well. I am one of the people this new plan won't work for. I am convinced of it! On the old plan, I ate about 5-6 servings of fruit a day, and counted them all. Even the 2 point bananas. On the old plan I had way less points than on the new plan. On the old plan I was losing 1-1.5 lbs a week. How on earth am I supposed to lose on the new plan where fruit is 0 and I have more points? It doesn't make mathematical sense. I actually gained a couple weeks, staying within my points and exercising like a maniac. So I've had to start experimenting. Now, I give each fruit I eat a 1 point value no matter what. I have maintained over the past few weeks, but no loss. I must say, I not faithful to the plan on the weekend. I pretty much eat what I want. No bingeing, but not tracking. But I did the same exact thing before and lost consistently. This weekend I am going to track faithfully. Maybe I need to drop a few points as well. I would really like to drop 10-15 lbs by Disney. I don't care about how fast I lose. I just want to be consistent and not gaining!
I agree about the new Point system. I'm not a fan. Give me the old one back anyday.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 04-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #144
teachermommy78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
I agree about the new Point system. I'm not a fan. Give me the old one back anyday.

I just did a ton of reading on the WW site. I'm going to give this another college try. This weekend I pledge to track everything. This week I plan to track and continue to exercise 5-6 days. We'll see where I am in a week. On the new plan, perhaps the weekends of no tracking is sabotaging me more than it used to.
1995 Off Property, 2000 Disney Cruise and Wilderness Lodge, 2008 All Star Movies, 2011 POP Century, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside/Polynesian, 2013 Christmas Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 will be BCV, BLT and Port Orleans Riverside

Old 04-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #145
Lidian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just did a ton of reading on the WW site. I'm going to give this another college try. This weekend I pledge to track everything. This week I plan to track and continue to exercise 5-6 days. We'll see where I am in a week. On the new plan, perhaps the weekends of no tracking is sabotaging me more than it used to.
I'd love to hear how you do. I've just been maintaining.

May 2011 3rd Visit Surprise! (PTR) ~*~*~ May 2011: Year of the Surprises! (TR)
March 2012: Spring Break, Here we come! (PTR) ~*~*~ March 2012: The Year I Survived Spring Break! (TR)

Old 04-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #146
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

I have a confession....I totally fell off the wagon and bounced along behind it for a few miles. Katie and I went to Friendly's last night. It was good, though I was a bit sorry later
Don't freak out or beat yourself up...look at it this way, you shook up your metabolism so it doesn't think you are in a starvation mode and will NOW lose even more weight...That IS true!!! Loving the plans!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #147
Moira222

I am replying on my phone so let me apoplogize now if I mess up
!
Quote:

I've really enjoyed your PTR! You are a great planner. I need to fine tune some stuff in my plans. I've hit a lull in planning and am running out of steam. Maybe in a month, I will get the planning bug again!
30 lbs is great! That is one of the reasons we didn't switch to the new plan. I read a dr review of the new plan and they talked about how the new plan was a way to get people to eat more fresh food and less prepared foods. We were already eating mostly home cooked and fresh fruits and veggies so that and not wanting to fix what wasn't broken (and old plan was easier, we don't need the calculator) we just decided to stick w the old. Sounds like you are in the same boat.

I think that tracking is a big part of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonies View Post
Subbing in! Your plans sound awesome! We did our ADRs before we found the DIS and while I wouldn't change any of them, I'm keeping track of all these other restaurants. I'm dying to know what Raglan is like, it sounds like so much fun!!!!!
WELCOME!! Isn't it fun to read what everyone has planned and learn more awesome Disney tips!!
I never heard of Raglan Rd til I read a few write ups here . Now I can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Ditto! They messed me up way back when they came out w points the first time- I had lost 25 then tried the new system but just couldn't make it work.

Quote:
Do you have a smart phone? I downloaded a free tracker app that is really helping me track and stay on point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Don't freak out or beat yourself up...look at it this way, you shook up your metabolism so it doesn't think you are in a starvation mode and will NOW lose even more weight...That IS true!!! Loving the plans!!!
Lol Judy...let's hope ot works that way!

K have to stop browsing dis for a while to snuggle w Katie.

Last edited by Moira222; 04-01-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #148
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Quote:

Lol Judy...let's hope ot works that way!
It WILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K have to stop browsing dis for a while to snuggle w Katie.

I just put our younger two down, after lots of snuggles and stories!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #149
Mrs. Bradbury
It will ALWAYS be the PeopleMover!

Hi Mary Ellen! I'm heeeere!

Wow, you and your husband have had fantastic weight losses! I am a Lifetime WW member but I don't like the points system at all. When I was losing baby #1 weight they had it broken down into servings of fruits, meats, bread - basically the diabetic diet - and I was in the zone then and it was great. It was so easy for me - I knew exactly how much to eat in a day and it worked. The points? not so much. I need a little more structure than that. I also think the worst thing to happen to American nutrition is the food pyramid - what were they thinking???? Most of our calories from carbs???? I would be as big as a house!

I have a May birthday too! Mine is the 12. I was born on Mother's Day. I'll be 48 this year too! I don't have a problem with age. Consider the alternative, you know?

You guys will have a wonderful trip in May. The kids and I went for my 45th birthday on a lark - we had all just gotten APs and I found either $9 or 9¢ airfare on Spirit so we went for the weekend - it was fantastic! Great weather, and the F&G festival is just sooooo beautiful!

We've eaten at Raglan Road and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very good food! You know they have a band and Irish dancers at night, don't you? Not every night, but probably Thursday - Saturday for sure. The information is somewhere on the DIS or AllEars. You'll need to make your reservation in the neighborhood of 8 PM to be there for the entertainment.

I have an observation about the LMA show at HS if you haven't experienced it yet. I think the venue is hotter than the face of the sun, so go to the earliest show if you can. I can't imagine sitting there later in the day. Maybe it's just me but oh my goodness, I felt like an egg frying on the sidewalk.

I loved your shirts, they look great!

And I have to ask - what's a LEO? I thought you meant his astrological sign and then I realized that couldn't be right (cuz I'm a Taurus ). I read he's a police officer but I can't figure out the words for the acronym.

You have a beautiful family and I'm so excited your trip is almost here!!!!

Mr. B Mrs. B Austin - 27 Grace - 22 Robert - 16 Deuce Beagle-o
Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 AM   #150
Moira222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Bradbury View Post
Hi Mary Ellen! I'm heeeere!

Quote:

Wow, you and your husband have had fantastic weight losses! I am a Lifetime WW member but I don't like the points system at all. When I was losing baby #1 weight they had it broken down into servings of fruits, meats, bread - basically the diabetic diet - and I was in the zone then and it was great. It was so easy for me - I knew exactly how much to eat in a day and it worked. The points? not so much. I need a little more structure than that. I also think the worst thing to happen to American nutrition is the food pyramid - what were they thinking???? Most of our calories from carbs???? I would be as big as a house!
I think that in general the points is a little too much freedom. In the late 90's I did pretty well on WW using traditional food exchanges. then they introduced points and it was too hard for me...I knew what the good choices were, but it was SO much easier to pick a bagel than 2 bananas KWIM? especially on the run. so I bailed on it. Then I joined Jenny Craig, lost 45 lbs, and got pregnant. after I had Katie, ease won over smart choices and the weight came back and doubled. Last year DH and I agreed that we had to both agree to watch together so that we were not sabotaging each other. So a year later, he has lost close to 100, and I am down 43. still working but will accept that 1/2 to 1 lb a week is all I will lose because I just have not managed to work a work out into my life aside from my daily dog walk.

Yes, esp the "new" food pyramid is totally messed up. My sister was a dietitian -- she totally helped me keep on track with exchanges.

Quote:

I have a May birthday too! Mine is the 12. I was born on Mother's Day. I'll be 48 this year too! I don't have a problem with age. Consider the alternative, you know?
yep, getting old beats the alternative!!
Quote:

You guys will have a wonderful trip in May. The kids and I went for my 45th birthday on a lark - we had all just gotten APs and I found either $9 or 9¢ airfare on Spirit so we went for the weekend - it was fantastic! Great weather, and the F&G festival is just sooooo beautiful!
WOW that is cheap airfare
Quote:
We've eaten at Raglan Road and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very good food! You know they have a band and Irish dancers at night, don't you? Not every night, but probably Thursday - Saturday for sure. The information is somewhere on the DIS or AllEars. You'll need to make your reservation in the neighborhood of 8 PM to be there for the entertainment.
oooh that would be nice.... i don't think we will be there that late but who knows?

Quote:

I have an observation about the LMA show at HS if you haven't experienced it yet. I think the venue is hotter than the face of the sun, so go to the earliest show if you can. I can't imagine sitting there later in the day. Maybe it's just me but oh my goodness, I felt like an egg frying on the sidewalk.
Thanks for the tip, I will remember that. Us + heat + crowds =
Quote:

I loved your shirts, they look great!
Thanks! I started the tye dye tees last night..i traced the mickey heads on the white tees. this weekend I am hoping to do the dyeing.

Quote:

And I have to ask - what's a LEO? I thought you meant his astrological sign and then I realized that couldn't be right (cuz I'm a Taurus ). I read he's a police officer but I can't figure out the words for the acronym.
Law Enforcement Officer

Quote:

You have a beautiful family and I'm so excited your trip is almost here!!!!
me too....we are so anxious and i am building my pile of stuff for packing in the spare room/disaster zone. I am just getting so behind on my own PTR because I have lots of little things going on that take up my evening Dis hours. I have been trying to read everyone else's PTRS and have been neglecting my own. I will have to get an update on by the weekend with Katie & Joe's picture from the Daddy Daughter Fairyland Dance.

Thanks for joining!!!

Tags
may 2011, pretrip report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: