Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

Cool "WOW! The weather is beautiful!" MAY 2011 TR

** This was meant to be a live trip report but I forgot to post it while we were in Florida so I'm just copying and pasting from Word**

Participants:

Me: A recent college grad! I finished my Bachelors in Hospitality Managment through University of Phoenix Online in April. This trip was planned last winter when I got the idea in my head that I need a reward for all my hard work.

Alan: He won't come right out and admit that he loves Disney but I have yet to hear him complain about going to Disney World .

(Taken on Christmas Day last year)

TRIP SPECIFICS:

When: May 16 - 25th

Where: Baylake Tower 1 bedroom standard view

Why: Celebrating the end of 5 years of college!

How: Flying American Airlines out of DFW to MCO and taking ME to BLT
Old 06-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Disneywedding2010
DIS Veteran

Day 1 -- Arrival

We were up bright and early at 7am and got last things packed and situated. The plan was we were going to swing through McDonalds, grab breakfast, and then come home and eat. Well, that didn’t happen because well I plum forgot, LOL. Our car arrived promptly at 9am and we were at the airport at 930. This is where I started to panic. We had an hour until we were suppose to be boarding. Well, our driver dropped us off at curbside baggage check. We got the bags checked, got our boarding passes, and up to security we went. Security was uneventful and we made it to our gate. We had a Spa place that was right across from our gate and I asked Alan to get me a neck pillow so I could sleep better on the plane. I will say this, THOSE THINGS ARE AWESOME! I slept like a rock.

I had to go up to the ticket counter and inform them that I needed a wheelchair for once we landed in Orlando. To walk from the gate all the way down to the Magical Express is way to long for my leg. She made the notation and let me know that she would let me pre-board. We got on the plane and for the most part it was uneventful. We had a young child behind us whose mom did an awesome job of keeping him entertained and quiet. We had a family of 4 with a baby and young child in front of us. The little boy was excited but his baby sister just was not enjoying that plane ride. Thank goodness for IPODs and volume buttons.

We land in Orlando and get down to the Magical Express bus. This is when the excitement hit me. WE’RE FINALLY HERE! We get on the bus and are informed of the usual “It’s a 35 – 40 minute bus ride.” Then later into the trip were told the sequence of drop off. Go figure we get dropped off LAST, lol. By this point Alan and I are starving and I’m daydreaming of cheeseburgers, LOL.

We get to the resort, get checked in, and are told “Your room is not ready yet. You’ll receive a text when it is done.” I go to the bathroom, jump on the escalator to go up to Contempo Café to grab some lunch and low and behold the text comes in! Lunch was cheeseburger and French fries with a piece of cheesecake for me. Alan had a cheeseburger, fries, and half of a Casear salad (he was not kidding when he said he was starving).

The rest of the afternoon was spent going up to the room and getting unpacked and just relaxing. We left around 730pm to head over to the Polynesian for our buffet dinner at Ohanas. This was our first time not only at the resort but also the restaurant. We enjoyed an alcoholic beverage before we were seated for dinner. It is a Disney tradition for me to always take a picture of Alan drinking his first beer of the trip.

Dinner was incredible! They brought out bread and salad to start. Then a few minutes later we were brought wings. Then came the fun part! The skewers of steak, chicken, shrimp, and pork were brought to the table. I really enjoyed the steak and chicken. The shrimp were a little to crunchy for my liking and the pork seemed dry. But overall it was an awesome dinner.

We were beyond stuffed and jumped back on the monorail and headed back to Baylake. We sat up for about an hour and then I crashed. I was exhausted.

Today’s plans: Going down and getting new room keys. Then jumping on the monorail and heading to Epcot. Dinner tonight is at Coral Reef.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: