Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
Mrs. Darcy
DIS Veteran

Can you have morning sickness 2 weeks after conception?

I've been feeling nauseous in the mornings as soon as I get out of bed. It lasts until afternoon then goes away. Can this be morning sickness from a 2 week old conception or is it probably just nerves hoping I'm pregnant?
Old 01-08-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
Kat77
Now if I could just remember how to spell and how not to write in run on sentences....

I would suspect that if you have enough raging hormones to cause morning sickness, you have enough for a positive EPT. Go take a test!
BTW, I knew I was pregnant when the girls were sore. It was always my first sign.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
HeatherH
Earning My Ears
Okay, okay, I cry uncle, I AM quirky too!
I got the last tag of the night!

Honestly, it is probably just wishful thinking. Been there, done that MANY times. When I actually WAS pregnant, the nausea hit around weeks 6-8, when the hormone levels were high enough to trigger it.

I HOPE I'm wrong for your sake, and that it is really nausea from a pregnancy you want. But I just know how many of those hopeful, false signs I went through...the mind plays big tricks on you...even had a doctor SURE I was pregnant until blood testing said no.

Why not take a pregnancy test? Or is it even too early for that?

Good luck to you, and I hope you get the baby you are hoping for.
HeatherH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:59 AM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

2 full weeks post conception is "one month pregnant". So, yeah you could be nauseated already.

By 2 full weeks post conception I was in a bra two sizes bigger than I had been just before "doing the deed" (can't use "DTD" on this board for obvious reasons LOL), I had big blue veins all over that same area, I couldn't stand anything on my waist at all, and I was going to sleep at 8pm and sleeping ALL night. [I did throw up one morning midway through the second week post conception, but we were on our honeymoon cruise, and in the early hours that morning we'd left the Inside Passage and we were in open ocean on the way to the glacier...so it could have been that causing the nausea.]

Lots of things can change very very quickly.

That said, in this long journey of trying to have a second baby, I've definitely psyched myself into thinking "this is it" many times! Why did it have to be so easy with DS....

If you want to keep the mystery until you KNOW, do it! If you want to take a test, take one. Up to you!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #5
Mrs. Darcy
DIS Veteran

Is 15 days too soon to have an accurate test result? I never used a pregnancy test before. I should have had my period today, but it didn't come, but I know that deosn't necessarily mean pregnancy. I think I'm just giving my body another week to have a period, but this my cycle has always been exact, so something is going on, either pregnancy or nerves. DH says to just take the teat and get it over with but I'm scared the results will be negative. It would be too much of a dream come true if I'm pregnant right now.
So is taking a test too early?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:44 AM   #6
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Darcy View Post
Is 15 days too soon to have an accurate test result? I never used a pregnancy test before. I should have had my period today, but it didn't come, but I know that deosn't necessarily mean pregnancy. I think I'm just giving my body another week to have a period, but this my cycle has always been exact, so something is going on, either pregnancy or nerves. DH says to just take the teat and get it over with but I'm scared the results will be negative. It would be too much of a dream come true if I'm pregnant right now.
So is taking a test too early?
Depends on the test really. I think it's peeonastick.com that will tell you how sensitive the tests are.

I tested at around 2 weeks with DS1 and got a nice dark line. Used a digital with DS2. Do you have a test?
Piecey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #7
laurie31
Once had a roommate in college who had 17 boyfriends!
Unplugs the internet with her toes
I refuse to eat in a restaurant that also sells bait or jail bonds

I was so hopeful to be pregnant, I took a test the very day of my missed period. I was negative, and I was so disappointed, but 3 days later I took another one and it was positive.

So it's not too early to test, but you could get a false negative this early.
In fact, with DD#2 I got false negatives for 2 weeks!! I tested when I was 3 days late, was negative, waited a week to try again and was still negative, and by two weeks, I decided if I wasn't pregnant, I was going to the doctor anyway to find out why I wasn't having a period. FINALLY I was positive!

My kids are 12 and 14 now, though, so pee stick technology may have improved since then.

Good luck! I hope you get a positive result!

laurie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:48 AM   #8
NHdisneylover
Lanyards are taking all my poor organizatioanl skills
mice and such creatures tend to like to travel aorund

I tested the first day of a missed period with both kids and tested positive each time. It is worth a try.

I was never nasueas, but I was SLEEPY with my first. I had no idea that could be a symptom of pregnancy and could not figure out why I could hardly function and was sleeping 12+ hours a day So, symptoms CAN show up that early on. You just never know.

Oh, and good luck.

My blog about my wanderings and ramblings in Europe, Disney and where ever else life takes me:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/
NHdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #9
MizTink
DIS Veteran

i was very sick at 2 weeks pregnant (i knew exactly when i conceived). it was my 1st sign of pregnancy with all 3 of mine.
good luck!
MizTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:32 AM   #10
BCDisneyFanatic
DIS Veteran

I knew I was pregnant with DD#1 about 14 days post-conception, just because I felt weird and had to pee ALL the time. She wasn't planned, but I just knew something was off. The test was positive that day.

With my second pregnancy, I tested about 12 days post-conception and got a positive, but miscarried two weeks later. I did feel off again (mainly sore b**bs, and that peeing thing again).

With DD#3, I started feeling really weird 9 days post-conception, and I *knew* I was pregnant. I had weird food cravings, and my b**bs got tender very quickly. I couldn't wait, and tested on Day 11 and got a positive.

With DD#1 I had morning sickness not long after my positive test, while with DD#3 it didn't really start until week 6. I definitely think you should test!!! Fingers crossed for you
BCDisneyFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 05:26 AM   #11
Tazicket
I routinely walk into 1 certain wall at home
Loved by a Pirate Penguin
ACK! I wouldn't ever eat a Mystery Peep!! That's crazy!

I'm pregnant with our first and tested positive the day after I missed my period. And the nausea hit me really hard about 3 weeks after conception.

Good luck!!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:32 AM   #12
PixieDustandEeyore
DIS Veteran

Good luck! Alot of women don't get morning sickness until 6- 8 weeks but I heard it varies from person to person. Good luck with your Disney baby! Oh and keep us posted of course!
PixieDustandEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #13
golfgal
DIS Cast Member
When did vacuums become a status symbol???

Try the test, most come in 2 packs now. I don't know that there are many false positives on the tests, mostly false negatives. I took a pregnancy test before I missed my period when I was pregnant with our twins and it was very clearly positive, but since it was twins, more hormones raging. I remember my chest being heavy early on in both pregnancies.
golfgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:14 AM   #14
Christine
Would love to be able to sit on the couch for a few days, get a good book, and do NOTHING!
Considers the DIS as Bladder Training 101

I will say yes.

I found out I was pregnant (both times) about 1-2 days after I missed my period. While my full-on morning sickness did not happen until 7 weeks along, before I even missed my period I was having bouts of nausea that were random. I just kept thinking that I ate something that didn't agree with me. Who knew it was a warning of serious morning sickness to come.

Having said that, there was one time (before my period was even late), that I was waking up everyday with nausea. I was POSITIVE I was pregnant because it felt so much like morning sickenss. I went to my GYN before I was even late and asked for a blood pregnancy test. I wasn't pregnant and ended up having some weird nausea that lasted about 10 days. It was probably some form of inflamed GERD.

Vacation Home - Indian Creek - July 2012
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - July 2009
Vacation Home - Terre Verde Resort - Easter 2007
Shades of Green - June 2005
Vistana Resort - May 01
Shades of Green - May 99
Shades of Green - Apr 97
CBR & Shades of Green - May 95
Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 AM   #15
shortbun
Peacenik

I hope you're preggers!!! Eat some crackers.

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: