Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #31
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
I can't wait to read all about it. Especially seeing the cabin for a family of 5. We are going on our first DCL family cruise in Oct. on the Dream and we are a family of 5 so I am really interested in seeing the room.
I'm pretty excited that they gave me an oceanview instead of a verandah. That might sound silly, but I've seen Cat 4s, I know what the configuration is...I am really interested to see how they do 5 in an oceanview. I'm really hoping they give us stateroom numbers that will be open for viewing.

On the Maiden we have interiors, can't wait to see the virtual portholes!
Dicecatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #32
DontRushMe
Mouseketeer

Subscribing! Have a great trip!

ME DH DD12 DD10
1991 GF, 1998 CB, 2006 CS, 2009 POFQ, 2011 DREAM, 2012 MNSSHP, 2014 DLR
DontRushMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 AM   #33
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Subbing! I'm really looking forward to hearing your report!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #34
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

So, I got an email from them regarding the Christening:

Attached please find your confirmation regarding your Walt Disney World Resort stay at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort.

We will have a Hospitality Suite at the Wilderness Lodge on the 18th for you to stop in and pick up your Event information and we will have Disney Cruise Line there as well to finish your check in process for your Cruise on the new Disney Dream.

The pre-Cruise Party Event in the Magic Kingdom on the evening of the 18th will be from approximately 7:30pm to 10:00pm for everyone to attend. The next morning will be an early morning as the Disney Cruise Line Buses will arrive at the Resort at 7:00am to begin boarding to take everyone to the Port for the Christening Celebration.

Attire throughout the Christening Sailing Event is Resort Casual.

Then, as I'm reading through it, I get a snotty email from dd5's kindergarten teacher about her missing school. So, my twins' middle school is totally fine with it...the office at the elementary school is fine with it...but daughter's kindergarten teacher started extolling on the virtures of attendance. I'm not an idiot, my 16 year old can't miss and she isn't going...but I feel very cranky about this. I simply replied "I know how importance attendance is, and I also know attendance is tied to funding." This is my second child in this woman's class, and we've also had school since July this year (year round). This teacher knows my daughter is never late, and never sick...but she has missed 5 days so far...and yes, she will miss for vacation. It is part of my job, and agree or not, I'm doing it. When I called the office they mentioned this teacher is apparently training to be an assistant pricinipal, and probably just wanted to make me aware...whatever. Kindergarten isn't even a required year in my state. I'm sure missing four days for this might effect her entrance to Harvard.

End rant.

So, about the party at MK...before they had indicated it would be around 6 PM, and then end at 11 or 12. Now I'm rethinking my Animal Kingdom day plan...maybe not enough MK!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 AM   #35
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

I'm here! :-) Can't wait to read more - and to meet you on the MV!

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #36
Zoom
DIS Veteran

Hi! The teacher is just probably jealous because you guys are going on a vacation!!! lol.... I know I AM!!! Well, not exactly, lol. We're going on a 2 night cruise to nowhere with the Wonder next week!! Also, i would like to Thank You for your MED Trip report last year, showed it to DH (loved your pics!!) and after reading and looking at the pics, I was able to convinced him to book a MED cruise this summer!!!! We are very excited. We are originally booked with the Dream and changed it to Magic to do the Med cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Carnival Spirit Oct 06
WDW May/Oct 07
Disney Magic Western Car. Nov 08

Carnival Splendor June 09
RCI Mariner July '10
Disney Wonder Jan '11
Disney Magic Mediterranean June '11

Disney Aulani June '12
RCI Mariner Dec '12
RCI Allure Nov '13
Disney Fantasy Mar '14
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #37
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
Hi! The teacher is just probably jealous because you guys are going on a vacation!!! lol.... I know I AM!!! Well, not exactly, lol. We're going on a 2 night cruise to nowhere with the Wonder next week!! Also, i would like to Thank You for your MED Trip report last year, showed it to DH (loved your pics!!) and after reading and looking at the pics, I was able to convinced him to book a MED cruise this summer!!!! We are very excited. We are originally booked with the Dream and changed it to Magic to do the Med cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!
I am so glad that was helpful to you! I really enjoyed writing it...my husband thought I was a little wacky writing so many details, but I was so happy to share that amazing experience with others. Plus every few months I'll read through it and remember!

That 2 day should be fun...I have several clients on that, it is nice to do especially if you live in that area.

Hopefully I will have equally great pictures of the Dream
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #38
disneycruisegal
Mouseketeer

So excited for you and I can't wait to read your reports. I'll be cruising the Dream in April and my family and I are just ravenous for new information.
disneycruisegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:10 PM   #39
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

As I sit in Indy at a cheer competition (okay, as I sit here getting a pedicure while my dd is at practice in Indy) I am dreaming about the Dream. Cruise booklet received yesterday, and it is much like the Maiden, but it says Christening cruise on the cover, which obviously I will make into a magnet. We are staying in a hotel connected to the competition as well as a giant mall, and I managed to spend less then$ 40 at Victoria's Secret...must restrain myself with visions of a Dream Dooney...I am nervous as Sunday weather is predicting slushy crap...let's get that over with on Sunday although that means I will have to drive home from the comp in it, but that is better than it affecting my flight on Monday. I will drive to FL if I have to

We get itineraries and get checked in for the cruise at the hopitality room at Wilderness Lodge on Tuesday. I still do not know much more than that
Old 01-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #40
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

WOW .. this all sounds very exciting. Can't wait to read all about your experience.
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:09 AM   #41
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

this all sound awesome, can't wait to read all about it
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #43
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anxious to hear about your Family Oceanview as we have three booked on the Dream in November. Two of ours only sleep four (6170 and 6176) and 6174 sleeps five. Have a friend on the Maiden who promised to knock on the doors of 6170 and 6176 to find out if they have the bunk OR the Murphy!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #44
nettii
DIS Veteran

OHHHH caant wait to hear all about your trip! I LOVE how you did the page savers! I love to read trip reports but hate to wade through everyone elses posts. Dont get me wrong I post too. but I love to read it like a story, just the OP's thoughts. Just give me the meat and potatoes!LOL I hope you have a Dreamy trip!
nettii

1st trip 2006 ALL Star SPORTS (fell in LOVE )
2007 POP (Pure magic )
2007 POFQ (A Merry Mickey Holiday adventure):3
2008 POP (My Moms 1st trip-Had a blast)
2009 ALL Star MoviesHappy Haunts in the MK
2010-(Mom & T conquire the Mts of MK)
2011- DREAM CRUISE!
2012-Thanksgiving at CBR!
nettii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #45
MrsJobba1
I swoon @ the very mention of his name
Pirate Grabber
Captain Inquisitive
Has impeccable timing

I hope you have a really great time! I can't wait to hear all the details

2011 Disney dream 5 night double dip *Bwv & AKV*
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien

Med cruise 2007 - details review & pictures of Barcelona and boarding the magic*
*http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien

7 night western 2006
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ighlight=alien
MrsJobba1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: