Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #151
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Thanks for taking the time to do such a detailed TR. Look forward to all the rest of you posts.

Don't know if it's possible, but can you get any photos of the teen lounge and the tween lounge?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:24 PM   #152
anetnmike
Why yes, I was named after a mousketeer!

totally and completely loving your TR
your pictures have been so fun to see!!!
hope you are having a great time and can't wait to hear more!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #153
FAUguy
Been to Disney World over 50 times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicecatt View Post
LIVE from the Dream!

The virtual portholes are SO COOL! They really are amazing, what a totally brilliant idea. They are better than a real ocean view, lol.
If you get a chance, can you please see about getting some pics of room 6016 (Cat 8A). I just changed to that room from a Cat 8C room. There's one pic of 6514 (on the right side) but doesn't show a lot. Some of us are interested in how 6016 will look, location of tv, storage, bathroom area (split or single).

Thank you.
FAUguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 PM   #154
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Reading every word you write!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #155
gatzsd
Mouseketeer

You write the best trip reports! I'm jealous - but at least I can live vicariously through your reports. Have a fantastic time!
-Stacie
gatzsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #156
Dicecatt
DIS Veteran

I have a TON of pictures of the tween and teen lounge, I will post. I took video of the teen lounge as well, did you know they even have DJ training?!?

WOW, the Dooney & Burke fiasco was mind blowing. People literally spent three or four hours of this very costly cruise standing in line for purses that will be available all year. I took a picture, I'm sure I'll offend some that might read this but I thought it was really awful...and I talked to a poor CM officer that looked frazzled, he told me that several guests in the line threatened his job and said they were going to the highest management they could get to in order to cost him his job. Over. A. Purse.

One of our table mates heard a woman talking about how she was putting them on ebay (they were limited to two per style per person, which is way too many). The woman in front of our table mate (who she did not know) had the nerve to ask her if she could take care of her "purse list" while she went to dinner, because she didn't want to be late for 6 PM dinner. Are you kidding? Our table mate did too. She got disgusted by the whole thing and left the line. I will definitely end up with one, but it will NOT be by standing in line during this precious cruise.

Things are a bit rough...service is slow, there are ghastly lines at guest services. But the crew is trying hard and have smiles on their faces despite not sleeping much, and I'm still having a blast!

I will TRY to get a pic of 8A. Not sure why those are so mysterious, lol! Seems no one can get them.

Hi Stacie
Dicecatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:22 AM   #157
KrisannB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicecatt View Post
I have a TON of pictures of the tween and teen lounge, I will post. I took video of the teen lounge as well, did you know they even have DJ training?!?

WOW, the Dooney & Burke fiasco was mind blowing. People literally spent three or four hours of this very costly cruise standing in line for purses that will be available all year. I took a picture, I'm sure I'll offend some that might read this but I thought it was really awful...and I talked to a poor CM officer that looked frazzled, he told me that several guests in the line threatened his job and said they were going to the highest management they could get to in order to cost him his job. Over. A. Purse.

One of our table mates heard a woman talking about how she was putting them on ebay (they were limited to two per style per person, which is way too many). The woman in front of our table mate (who she did not know) had the nerve to ask her if she could take care of her "purse list" while she went to dinner, because she didn't want to be late for 6 PM dinner. Are you kidding? Our table mate did too. She got disgusted by the whole thing and left the line. I will definitely end up with one, but it will NOT be by standing in line during this precious cruise.

Things are a bit rough...service is slow, there are ghastly lines at guest services. But the crew is trying hard and have smiles on their faces despite not sleeping much, and I'm still having a blast!

I will TRY to get a pic of 8A. Not sure why those are so mysterious, lol! Seems no one can get them.

Hi Stacie
Thanks for the updates! We cruise one month from today and have TWO Cat 8a's 6510 and 6514 so I will take LOTS of pictures of every nook and cranny of the two cabins if they are still mysterious to us next month.

Krisann

1977 & 1987- WDW Magic Kingdom-daytrip * 2003-POR - Kids & DH's 1st trip to WDW * 2005-Beach Club -Grand Gathering * 2007- Pre-cruise at PoPCentury * May 2008 - AllStarMovies - 4 days pre-repo cruise Cruises: 2006 Western* 12/2007 Eastern May 2008 - WBPC Repo 10/2009 Western, 2010 EBTA, 2010 WBTA, Dream Double Dip - Feb/March 2011, 2011 EBTA & 2011 WBTA + 2 writing cruises! upcoming: 2014 EBTA and 2014 WBTA
KrisannB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #158
FAUguy
Been to Disney World over 50 times!

There have been about 4 pics of 5020/5022 posted that are 8A and have a dividing wall between the bed area and the couch area. But there is only one pic of 6514 8A that shows it as one open room with a support beam in the middle. But the desk seems smaller and is on the wall between the two portholes. Its hard to tell the layout of the rest of the room, or 6016, where the tv and rest of the storage is, if the bathroom is split or not.
FAUguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:25 AM   #159
want2bamommy
DIS Veteran

I love reading your trip report and can't wait to hear the rest after the cruise is over! Have a wonderful time.

Me (Melissa), 37 Mark,39 Elizabeth 3 Emily, 11 months
want2bamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #160
pixie08
DIS Veteran

I always love your TR'S!

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #161
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

loving your trip report!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #162
disgrits
DIS Veteran

Very cool report! Looking forward to more!

disgrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #163
lovesDCL
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Enjoying the report!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #164
ddeal1957
Mouseketeer

Enjoying reading your TR

My DH and I will be on the 3/20 Dream and can't wait. Your TR is helping me as I prepare for our trip! Travel safely!
ddeal1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:44 AM   #165
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Just found this TR...lovin' it so far!! Can't wait to finish reading everything. We debated on doing a cruise this summer on the Dream, but then decided to go back to WDW. Perhaps Summer 2012 when our youngest is a bit older.

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: