Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2011, 09:59 AM   #121
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Brrrrr!!! I can't believe how cold it was! I remember going to Disney over Christmas on year and we had to buy gloves when we were down there! Who would have thought?! I hope it warmed up for you!

Cute pictures!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #122
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

I love the PP pics!!! I can't believe it was so cold!!! Remember my mini TR? We bought t-shirts cause it was in the 70's!!!!
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2011, 12:30 PM   #123
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Great update!!!

Love the PP Pics!! Ours at Mk NEVER seem to turn out. I think out of the last few years, we might have had one or two okay..good enough to buy type of pics but that's about it!
Thank you! Our MK pics turned out pretty nice this trip, but I was not happy at all with our Epcot pics. You'll see why later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
on being able to get in to MK for your 1st day! Felt your excitement when you were 'oohing' and 'aahing' over the Christmas tree and decorations.

on it being so cold but if there is one place to grin and bear it then Disney World is it! on PP photographer getting John to look surprised and then laugh!

Am going to guess that your first ride was Space Mountain. Looking forward to finding out if I am right or not
I was so relieved when I realized the crowd at MK really wasn't that bad! I was sure we wouldn't be able to get it!

Yeah, the cold wasn't very fun, but considering we had eight inches of snow on the ground back home I would definitely take Disney World anyday!

I was so happy with John's PP pics! The photographer did a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay, you're finally in the Magic Kingdom!

It must be so strange to be in Disney when it's that cold! No way would have take the ferry either...especially on the first trip into MK, you gotta ride the monorail!

Ooh, can't wait to see if you got your Full House pictures or not! We didn't have a chance to visit the GF on our trip, I really wanted to, but somehow, in 8 days, we didn't have a chance to fit it in.

My camera is the same way, it's fine during the day, but forget about good pics when there is no light! I REALLY want a new one before my October trip...I wanted a new one for this past trip, but Brandon said no, because we bought it right before our November 09 trip! I don't think your pictures were bad though, you can see what you're taking a picture of! I love the MK tree, it's never up when we go because we always go before the parade taping, so I haven't seen it yet! Someday!

I love your PP pics! I was laughing when you were describing how John isn't a smiley person, Brandon is the same way with pictures, which is why he looks so awkward in all of our pictures, his smile is so forced and it doesn't even look like him! He smiles enough in real life, he's the funniest person I know, but get him in front of a camera and literally forgets how to smile!

Your pics are so cute though! I don't think you look tired at all, you look great! And I love the pics of John with Tinkerbell alone, those are definitely frame worthy!

Can't wait to see what attraction you did first! I'm pretty sure you told me when we were texting that morning but I forgot, so I'm excited to find out again! That seems like it was so long ago already and it was just a couple of weeks!
It was definitely strange being in Disney when it's cold! I never thought I'd say this, but I would take the heat a million times over the cold. It was just so uncomfortable!

I am really frustrated with my camera. I ended up using the video camera my MIL got me for Christmas starting on day 2 to take all of my still pictures too. It worked way better.

What is it with these boys and not smiling?! John always claims it's because he's in the Army, but I dunno. But that's okay, because when he does smile the picture is like x1000 more special!

Thank you for saying that! I felt like I looked exhausted most of the trip, because I don't bother with makeup at Disney and because everyday we were running on very little sleep!

It really does seem like forever ago! We came home two weeks ago yesterday...I still can't believe it's only been two weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Yay for getting to Magic Kingdom Your PP pictures came out cute! Although I hear ya on the eye makeup- I forgot my concealer last time we went to Disney and what a mistake that was! I'll never do that again LOL. My bf is the same way as John in pictures, he doesn't really smile so he looks kind of like a grump sometimes John's picture holding Tinkerbell really is great though
Thank you! I hardly ever bother with makeup when I'm at Disney, but then I always regret it when I see the pictures later! I love John's picture with Tinkerbell, although I think he'd divorce me if I ever showed it to his Army buddies!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #124
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
I really can't believe Pop is that much on Christmas! Good decision on staying off-site!

Sorry you weren't able to get a king bed in a preferred room. I think all the preferred rooms are in the 50's and all the rest of the decades are non-preferred.

Yay on getting into MK! Great pp pics! Looking forward to the rest of the day!
Thanks! I couldn't believe that price either!

I was bummed about the king room, but it ended up being okay. Being in the preferred room was super nice. I think preffered might be 50s and 60s, because we were in 60s!

Thank you! I'm glad you like the pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Brrrrr!!! I can't believe how cold it was! I remember going to Disney over Christmas on year and we had to buy gloves when we were down there! Who would have thought?! I hope it warmed up for you!

Cute pictures!
I never expected it to be that cold in Florida! I was definitely not equipped for it, and I don't think anyone else was either!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
I love the PP pics!!! I can't believe it was so cold!!! Remember my mini TR? We bought t-shirts cause it was in the 70's!!!!
Thanks girl! Yeah I was definitely hoping for some of that 70s weather on our trip, but it never happened!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:36 PM   #126
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I can definitely sympathize with the cold weather! When we went last January it was in the 30's, too. I wasn't prepared with a large coat either - I never thought I would have needed one in Florida!

Your PP pictures turned out great! It sounds like the photographer was awesome. Miguel doesn't like smiling for pictures, either. It must be a man thing, because I read about that a lot on here. Normally after saying "smile!" three times he'll finally do it, but his first look is always his serious face.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:27 PM   #127
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Just caught up. I'm glad you got out ahead of that snowstorm! And you're off to a great start to your trip. Love the photos so far
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #128
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

I'm all caught up! What a great way to spend the day after Christmas - in the most magical place in the world! I love the photopass pics - the tink/hubby one is too funny! He was a good sport!

Sara
Old 01-25-2011, 05:41 PM   #129
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Yay I'm glad you made it in!! Great PP pics!
Thank you! There's plenty more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I can definitely sympathize with the cold weather! When we went last January it was in the 30's, too. I wasn't prepared with a large coat either - I never thought I would have needed one in Florida!

Your PP pictures turned out great! It sounds like the photographer was awesome. Miguel doesn't like smiling for pictures, either. It must be a man thing, because I read about that a lot on here. Normally after saying "smile!" three times he'll finally do it, but his first look is always his serious face.
I was SO not prepared for that weather! I will never complain about being hot at Disney again!

Thank you! I guess it really is just a guy thing- they're not big on expressing their happiness on camera! Boys are so silly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Just caught up. I'm glad you got out ahead of that snowstorm! And you're off to a great start to your trip. Love the photos so far
Thank you so much for reading along! I'm glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
I'm all caught up! What a great way to spend the day after Christmas - in the most magical place in the world! I love the photopass pics - the tink/hubby one is too funny! He was a good sport!

Sara
Thank you! It really was a magical end to our Christmas! But really, with all the Christmas stuff going on in Disney, it was like it had just began!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #130
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Sheesh Dude, let me finish my danish!

Hi everyone! Iím so sorry I havenít updated in so long. Work has really been wearing me out lately and I feel like I havenít had two seconds free! Thanks for bearing with me!

When we left off, we were heading to our first attraction in MK. When John and I came to WDW in June 2009 (our last trip before this trip) we were so disappointed when we found out Space Mountain was closed for renovations. Therefore, there was no doubt in our minds where we were heading first!

We couldnít wait to ride and see the changes they had made! John rushed ahead of me a little bit and got us fast passes, but there was no line so we got straight into the standby line too. It was basically walk on, so I completely missed all of the changes they have made to the queue. Actually, it wasnít until our last day at Disney that I realized they have games you can play in line now!

We rode Space Mountain and LOVED it, of course! I was hoping to ride in the very front of a car, because I feel like that always gives you the most realistic experience, but we didnít get the front. I had read on the DIS that one of the changes they made was taking the reflective stickers off of the cars so you canít see other vehicles while youíre on the ride. I guess I was looking for that little change, so I felt like it really added to the illusion of being in outer space.

We were really excited about them taking our picture on the ride too, because that had never happened before. As soon as the ride was over we went to check out our photo. We laughed at our expressions but didnít buy it. I had a PhotoPass CD preordered, so there was no way I was paying more money for pictures!

After checking out our picture we walked around the gift shop a little. It was so cold outside, so I was kind of putting off going back out there. Every time we go to Disney itís Johnís tradition to pick out a special shirt for himself. He really liked this one:

However, he didnít want to get his shirt so early in the trip, so he decided to hold off.

When we left the gift shop next to Space Mountain and stepped back outside it was almost as if I had forgotten how cold it was. It hit me like a slap in the face, and I immediately told John, ďIím not going to be able to stand this.Ē We walked over to the smoking area so he could take a cigarette break and I stood there freezing my buns off. When John was finished smoking we started heading away from Space Mountain and I spotted a stand selling gloves and scarves and stuff.

The stuff with cupcakes on them were for kids, but the purple gloves were for adults. I cringed when I saw the price tag ($14) but they were nice and thick, so I decided to get them. I snapped a picture of John while he waited in line to pay for them.

Then, I snapped a picture of the still-ominous cloudy sky. It was not exactly cheerful looking, but it wasnít raining, so I wasnít complaining!

The cashier at the kiosk knew my intentions with the gloves, so he cut the tags off of them for me and I put them on right away. I was so happy to have warm hands, so John took a picture of my joy.

I loved that the gloves had the mittens you could fold back, because I have an iPhone and you canít use the touch screen with gloves on your fingers. However, I was confused as to why there was no covering on the thumb. Even with the mitten part on, my thumb was still exposed! I feel like whoever designed these gloves didnít think this through very carefully. Oh well!

Now that my hands were no longer blocks of ice, it was time to enjoy more of Tomorrowland! The next thing we decided to hit was Buzz Lightyearís Space Ranger Spin. I like this ride, but I definitely donít like it as much as TSM. I think thatís because I NEVER win on Buzz Lightyear. I will say, however, that I really like the way the queue is decorated. I took a few pictures on our way in.

I remember the first time I came to Disney I was so impressed with how realistic Buzzís face looks. It still impresses me!

We had a great ride, and I tried my usual strategy, which is spinning the vehicle in random directions so John canít aim. As usual, my plan failed and John stomped me.

Itís difficult to read the numbers, but I think John had 111,400 and I had 27,400! Haha, oh well! Maybe Iíll get him next time.

After Buzz we decided to head to Stitchís Great Escape.

Iím not sure why we always ride this one, because I donít really like it. I feel like that ďburpĒ smell stays in my hair all day. It was warm in there though, so I wasnít complaining. When I sat in my seat I made sure to raise myself up a little so the bars wouldnít hurt my shoulders. The first time I rode this I didnít know to do that, and when Stitch ďjumpedĒ on me I almost cried it hurt my shoulders so bad.

I got kind of annoyed on the ride because there was a lady next to me who kept taking her phone out and texting during the part where Stitch is loose and itís all dark. The CM working the ride kept yelling at her, but she just wouldnít put it away. It made me feeling uncomfortable because I though people would think I was doing it. I just donít understand why you would take the time getting on the ride if youíre just going to text while itís going on. Some people blow my mind!

After Stitch it was time to use our Fast Passes for Space Mountain. We went back and had another great ride, but I still didnít get to ride in the front. It was wonderful, nonetheless!

When this was over John and I were both getting pretty hungry. We still had quite awhile before our 2:00 lunch reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern, so we decided to go to the Main Street Bakery and use some snack credits.

When we got to the bakery, the line was out the door! I couldnít believe how long it was, but we were really hungry so we decided to wait. The line moved pretty quickly, and before long it was almost our turn to order. John didnít really know how to use the snack credits for the DxDP yet, so he went to find us a table while I got the snacks and drinks. When I finished paying I found him in the corner of the seating area at a bar they have running along the wall. It was a tight squeeze, but it was warm and we were sitting down so we were happy. John got the apple turnover for his snack and I got the chocolate danish.

We also got a bottled Diet Coke for me and a bottled Coke for John. We used four snack credits, which I thought was a pretty good deal.

The snacks were delicious and they really hit the spot. I loved the chocolate danish! It reminded me of the chocolate turnovers at Arbys, which I love. We decided after we finished eating to sit for a few minutes and relax. We enjoyed our sodas and talked about our plans for the day for a minute or two, but then we decided to move so other people could sit down.

As we were standing up to leave, this man and his wife were waiting to sit in our seats. Instead of waiting like civilized people, the man literally shoved me out of the way before I could even finish gathering my trash so that no one else could take our spot. I couldnít believe how rude he was! I usually donít speak up about stuff like that, but I was so shocked I had to say something. All I said was, ďYou could wait until Iím finished at least!Ē I was still proud of myself, though. John said something a little less tame, but I am glad to report he didnít cuss or punch the guy out, so I was pleased with his reaction. That was our first run in with rude people, but I was determined not to let it bother me!

After we had semi-full bellies it was time to get back to business! So, where did we go next? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited by therussells08; 01-26-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #131
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

on getting another update posted! Hope work eases up for you though know how tough it can be working in a school environment.

My guess was right...you did go to Space Mountain! Am glad you enjoyed the updated version.

Agree with you on the gloves...the person who designed them sure didn't think about keeping the thumb warm as well...even though they do look cute.

Thanks for the on stitch...will make sure I raise myself when I ride it.

You sure came across some wierd/rude people on your day at MK...first the woman on stitch and then the people at the Main Street Bakery...can't believe people would behave in such a way. By the way the choc danish and apple turnover look delish!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #132
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

What is with rude people?! Especially at Disney when everyone should be happy and polite!!!

Great update! And don't feel bad, I am the absolute worst on Buzz, so no matter what your score, it'll always beat mine! Your chocolate danish looks so yummy... I want one!
Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #133
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Great Update!!

Can you believe rude people?! I mean it's okay to table stalk but to sit down before you ask them to sit or fully leave the table is nuts! You'd think with it being the day after Xmas people we be kind but I guess not!

Where do you go next?!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #134
dancin_princess
DIS Veteran

I've never been called "important to a TR". That made my night.

You really had a DISNEY Christmas! All beyond awesome gifts. and yay for a white Christmas its definitely something special to us Southerners. In my boyfriend's family - we have Christmas dinner on Christmas eve too.

I love the Full House Disney episode. Heck, I loved all TGIF episodes that did Disney episodes.

Quote:
However, I was confused as to why there was no covering on the thumb. Even with the mitten part on, my thumb was still exposed! I feel like whoever designed these gloves didnít think this through very carefully. Oh well!
When I read this, I thought of Meet the Robinsons.

That lady was rude to be texting during Stitch, especially since the CM was yelling at her.
A few day trips as a child. A day trip in Jan 06 to meet my dad's (then) fiancee. Serveral day trips as a CM Aug 06-May 08.Most memorable. 1st date w/boyfriend (then co-worker/friend) on Oct 9, 2007 . Surprise breakfast at Ohana's, then day at Epcot w/friends on bday.April 11, 2008 for Aunt's bdayA few day trips with DIS MEETS when I moved back in 2010.1st time staying on property 12/24/10-01/01/11 at Coranado Springs
Old 01-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #135
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

So weird that the mittens did not cover the thumbs but I know how frustrating it is to try and use a touch phone when its cold out and you have gloves on!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: