Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 01:26 PM   #61
chunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Yay!

I'm here and I am all caught up! Loving the TR so far, your Christmas morning looked like so much fun!! I love how everything is so traditional. And the gifts you got were awesome! I got the Toy Story 3 DVD too!

And I'm sooo happy you got the D&B crossbody bag. The perfect bag for the parks!

I can't wait to see how your drive down is going to be...I'm in anticipation of what's to come!!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #62
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

You got some really good gifts! I hope the snow wasn't too bad and didn't keep you guys from leaving on time

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #63
stephielela
DIS Veteran

That looks like a great Christmas morning! Congrats on the great stuff!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #64
jillianml
Mouseketeer

I am so excited to read about your adventure!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #65
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Ahh! I hope the snow didn't slow you down! I can't imagine not having snow around Christmas time, but I'd love to know how that feels! I'm sick of snow already and where I live in New York, we've barely had any this year!

I'm so excited to read more!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #66
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

I am here & all caught up! I love all the Christmas pics! You got some awesome gifts!!!! White Christmas! How lucky are you????
Old 01-07-2011, 11:06 PM   #67
saralexander97
Searching for a Disney Dream

First off, LOVE THE D&B PURSE =) I'm really glad to see your totally Disney Christmas because I bought my daughter all Disney themed gifts. I was telling my coworkers about it and they laughed because I'm passing down the addiction. Disney is like crack, we are on when around and crave it when we are away from it to long. I have to watch a Disney princess movie once a week. I cannot wait to read more you have me captivated.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #68
laashley
DIS Veteran

Here now and all caught up! What a great start. Such a lucky girl to get that D & B bag! Looks like you had a merry christmas and with the snow coming down and . Hope your drive wasn't postponed! For now I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for an update!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #69
Reiana
Earning My Ears

What a wonderful way to start a trip report. Love it.
Can't wait to read more.
DLRP Aug. 96 Sequoia Lodge DLRP New Year 96/97 Cheyenne WDW Aug./Sept 97 All Star Sports DLRP New Year 97/98 Sequoia Lodge DLRP June 2001 New Port Bay DLRP June 2002 New Port Bay DLRP June 2003 New Port Bay DLRP Sept 2007 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Jan 2008 Disneyland Hotel DLRP Nov 2008 Sequoia Lodge DLRP June 2009 Santa Fe DLRP Nov 2009 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Sept 2010 Santa Fe DLRP June 2011 New York Santa Fe Nov 2011DLRPJune 2012

Last edited by Reiana; 01-08-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #70
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

I hope the snow doesn't delay your departure. What an awesome Christmas you and your family had ~ I love that!

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 01-08-2011, 05:48 PM   #71
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

It looks like you had an absolutely wonderful Christmas! Your family seems so sweet. And I love how everything was Disney-themed!

We had a white Christmas here, too! It was a complete surprise. I sure hope it didn't delay your trip, though!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #72
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
OMG I love the Peg figurine! She is so cute, she's one of those random Disney characters that I just love! Nana is adorable too!

Yay for your pin, that's amazing that your sister went through all that trouble to get that for you! I sometimes think about getting into collecting pins, but I just can't do it for some reason! I'm starting to collect snow globes and ornaments from my trips instead.

I can't believe you got your White Christmas you were hoping for, that's fantastic! You had such a great Christmas morning, and after all that, you still got to leave for your Disney trip, what a fun day!
I love Peg and Nana too! It always made me so sad in Peter Pan when the Darling children are flying away and Nana tries to fly with them by flapping her little ears.

I love pin collecting! I like I like it so much because they are all so different and unique, but since they're so small it's really easy to have a lot of them. I love snow globes and ornaments too, so I think those are great things to collect!

I couldn't believe the white Christmas either! It was so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
Yay for getting a white Christmas! DW is a big fan of Eeyore too. He's probably her second favorite Disney character after Belle.
Eeyore is so adorable! I like Belle a lot too. Belle and Jasmine are my favorite princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Glad to find out what was in that box. Sounds like you had a great Xmas and you got snow to top it all! We had a snowy Christmas and it has started to snow again today.

I know what you mean about the enjoyment that comes with younger ones opening gifts. I have a sister half my age and love her face when she opens presents!

Look forward to reading more...hopefully the snow doesn't affect your travel to the happiest place on earth!

TanzUnited99
I did have a great Christmas! We haven't had any snow since Christmas, but it looks like we are going to get some tomorrow!

Watching kids open gifts is the greatest! They get so excited. John is pretty much the same way when he opens gifts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
WOW, what a Disney Christmas! I hope to one day have a Disney Christmas too! I did get a Mickey and Minnie 2010 snowglobe (the mistletoe one), but I ended up returning it to the store. I think I'm going to use the money to get a t-shirt instead!

How do you guys do Christmas gifts? You all just get a bunch of gifts for each person? I think that's really fun. I meet with my extended family, and we get a gift from each family (so I'll get 3 actual gifts). I'm not that big of a fan because it's usually something that matches what the other girls get (ex. an aunt will find an item and just buy it for all the girl cousins). That means that there wasn't as much thought involved like the gifts you guys get!

I told Howard that I'm very excited for us to have our own Christmas (even if it's with my immediate family). Howard and I know each other. AND my mom gets us good gifts too! This past Christmas, she got both of us the fancy memory foam neck pillows because we'll need them for our Amtrak ride!
It was so cool getting so many Disney things for Christmas! I was able to take so much of it on my trip, which worked out perfectly!

Usually we do just buy a bunch of gifts for everyone because we keep things pretty much within my immediate family. My mom's side of the family is very small and my dad's side of the family lives in Pennsylvania, so Christmas is usually just between the five of us. We usually set a limit and spend right up to it, but I always stress out if I get one person more gifts than another, even if the gifts are less expensive so it evens out!

I am so excited for you and Howard to be married and have Christmas together! Even though we go to my parents' house Christmas Eve John and I still decorate our apartment and set up our Christmas tree and everything, and it's really nice to do all of those fun things with him! Those neck pillows sound like perfect gifts for you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
You definitely got some awesome Christmas presents! The D&B bag is adorable I've been looking at the totes for months now!

Yay for having a WHITE Christmas! That's so exciting!!
Thank you! I love my D&B bag! I don't want to carry it anytime other than when I'm on vacation though, because I don't want to mess it up!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #73
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
That is awesome that you had a white christmas!! I grew up in the Northeast with snow all the time so I always take for granted that some people have never experienced the white Christmas!!

It looks like you had an amazing Christmas! We actually got DBF's sister the same Ariel blanket this year I love to get people personalized gifts
A white Christmas was definitely a first for me! I loved it! I know that a lot of people from up north are used to it though! My aunt lives in Ohio and she came to stay with my cousin in Georgia for Christmas this year and she kept saying it didn't even feel like Christmas because there was no snow!

I love personalized gifts too! They are so special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
So, I've had that same Stephen King book your sister got for awhile and haven't gotten around to reading it yet. It is definitely a thick one!
I like Stephen King books but they are kind of difficult to get into. I don't think she's even cracked the cover yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
I'm here and I am all caught up! Loving the TR so far, your Christmas morning looked like so much fun!! I love how everything is so traditional. And the gifts you got were awesome! I got the Toy Story 3 DVD too!

And I'm sooo happy you got the D&B crossbody bag. The perfect bag for the parks!

I can't wait to see how your drive down is going to be...I'm in anticipation of what's to come!!
Yay!

It really was the perfect bag for the parks! I didn't have to worry about losing it since it was a crossbody bag, and it held all of my essentials without being too heavy or bulky!

I will be posting an update later today about the drive down! Stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
You got some really good gifts! I hope the snow wasn't too bad and didn't keep you guys from leaving on time
Thank you! Stay tuned to find out if we had to delay our trip...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
That looks like a great Christmas morning! Congrats on the great stuff!
Thanks!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #74
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillianml View Post
I am so excited to read about your adventure!
Thank you! I'm so excited to have you reading it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Ahh! I hope the snow didn't slow you down! I can't imagine not having snow around Christmas time, but I'd love to know how that feels! I'm sick of snow already and where I live in New York, we've barely had any this year!

I'm so excited to read more!
I know what you mean. I love snow sometimes, but anytime that we get it more than once a winter I get SO sick of it! We don't get a lot of snow where I live, but I went to college in the mountains and we got it all the time. Ugh, I hated it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
I am here & all caught up! I love all the Christmas pics! You got some awesome gifts!!!! White Christmas! How lucky are you????
Thanks girl! It was a great Christmas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralexander97 View Post
First off, LOVE THE D&B PURSE =) I'm really glad to see your totally Disney Christmas because I bought my daughter all Disney themed gifts. I was telling my coworkers about it and they laughed because I'm passing down the addiction. Disney is like crack, we are on when around and crave it when we are away from it to long. I have to watch a Disney princess movie once a week. I cannot wait to read more you have me captivated.
Thank you! I bet your daughter loved her Disney Christmas! You are so right about Disney, too! Some people just don't get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Here now and all caught up! What a great start. Such a lucky girl to get that D & B bag! Looks like you had a merry christmas and with the snow coming down and . Hope your drive wasn't postponed! For now I'll be on the edge of my seat waiting for an update!
Thank you! I was very lucky this Christmas! I wasn't expecting that bag at all, and I definitely wasn't expecting snow!

I will be posting an update later today, so you won't have to wait too long!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #75
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiana View Post
What a wonderful way to start a trip report. Love it.
Can't wait to read more.
Thank you! There will be an update very soon, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
I hope the snow doesn't delay your departure. What an awesome Christmas you and your family had ~ I love that!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
It looks like you had an absolutely wonderful Christmas! Your family seems so sweet. And I love how everything was Disney-themed!

We had a white Christmas here, too! It was a complete surprise. I sure hope it didn't delay your trip, though!
Thank you! My family is really great! I am very lucky to have them!

That's so awesome that you had a white Christmas too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: