Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #16
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Great start - I'm dying for the next update! Don't make us wait too long!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:58 PM   #17
LisaKeys
Mouseketeer

#15 lol

OK - so I'm not the top 3, but 15 "ain't" so bad!

This TR looks like it will be fun! I love the way you're setting it up.

We leave on Monday for our 2 week Disney adventure - so I'll have to try to keep up while there.

Read you soon!

Someone please stop the Mango, Garlic and DxDP!!! Jan 10-23, 2011

July 1973 - MK one day/off site; November 1991 - WDW Villa's; February 1993 WDW off site; November 1999 - WDW offsite; December 2001 - WDW BWLBV-DTD; Jan 10-23, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort and Best Western DTD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2011, 05:32 AM   #18
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Yay, I'm first!
Yay! You were first on my PTR too! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Ugh I was hoping I would be first!

Going back to read now...
You crack me up! I want you to know that you were the inspiration that got my butt into gear with writing this thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Yay I'm 3rd!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!
Yay! I'm so glad you're here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I would get so excited every time you posted a PTR update. Now that you're posting the actual TR updates, I'm over the moon excited! YAY!!! Can't wait to hear all your stories!
Thank you Rachel! You always make me feel so great! I hope you enjoy my TR! Your name will definitely pop up several times because a lot at Disney reminded me of you and your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Ooh a new TR ...looking forward to reading more. Am staying at Pop in September so look forward to hearing your reviews on the place. In the meantime I am going to go and read your PTR.

TanzUnited99
Thank you for joining in! I think you will love POP...I sure did!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #19
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I'm here!!!! Can't wait to hear about the trip! Hopefully you guys didn't have bed buggies at POP like we did!!

I had a hard time figuring out Chapter links too!

All you have to do is click on the number that's in the right corner of your thread post..
IE: Your chapter page is #2.

When you click on the number it should pop up another page that is just of that posting.

Go up to the box where it has the httpwww. whatever, highlight it, right click copy, and close that box.

Go to your post of chapters and click to edit it.

At the top where you have the fonts, colors, and icons..click on the icon that looks like an earth. Erase what's in the box and right click paste and it will put the info that you copied from the page you just copied.

Click OKAY and it will highlight in the message box, you can type in the title of that chapter then!

When you click post reply, it will automagically put it the link there!

This is what it will look like:

Chapters:

Chaper Page

There, I hope I helped!!
Yay! I'm so glad you're here! Thankfully we had no bed bugs at POP, but I was super paranoid about them and I spent about an hour checking out sheets!

Thank you so much for explaining that to me! I should be able to figure it out with your instructions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
Just found your report - gonna go back and read your pre trip report.
Thanks for joining in! I hope that you enjoy both reports!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
I'm here!! You built up so much supense with your first post. I hope I don't have to wait too long to hear what happens.
Yay! I should be posting another update tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer momma View Post
We love Pop! Joining the ranks and headed back to read your PTR
Thank you for joining me! We loved POP too! It was definitely our favorite of the value resorts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
I'm in! Can't wait to read all about it! And I'm so anxious to see what you got for Christmas!
Yay! I'm so glad you're here! Thank you for joining in!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:38 AM   #20
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangmichelle View Post
wow, baby, it is so wonderful , I am just joined, and many things all don't understand, hope one day I can also like you,
Thank you so much! to the DIS! We are so happy to have you here! If you have any questions I will be more than happy to help, or I'm sure one of my more experienced DIS friends would too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
I am here!!!!!!! I can NOT wait to read more! I know SOME of the secrets, but it is safe with me lol I loved getting the texts & pics on my phone while you were gone, so I am definitely in!!!!
Yay! Both Jonis are here now! I'm so glad you enjoyed my crazy texts! Thanks for joining in girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
I can't wait to read all about your trip! I'm excited to hear about what you got for Christmas so don't leave us hanging too long!!

Sara
Thank you so much for reading along! I loved your TR so much, so I hope mine can be as exciting as yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I'm here! Great start - I'm dying for the next update! Don't make us wait too long!
Yay! I'm so glad you're here! Don't worry, there should be another update tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKeys View Post
OK - so I'm not the top 3, but 15 "ain't" so bad!

This TR looks like it will be fun! I love the way you're setting it up.

We leave on Monday for our 2 week Disney adventure - so I'll have to try to keep up while there.

Read you soon!
Thank you so much for joining in! I can't believe you're leaving on Monday for two weeks! That is amazing! I hope that you have a wonderful time!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #21
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Wow!

Wow! You guys are so awesome! I can't believe I'm already up to two pages. Thank you all so much for joining me!

I will definitely be back tonight to post an update. Also, I ordered my PhotoPass CD on Sunday and I got express shipping, so hopefully it will be in soon!

I have to go to work right now, but check in this evening for my update about Christmas morning! Also, I still need to explain the reasoning for my title! This is so much fun!

See ya real soon!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:00 AM   #22
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Can't wait! Also, I have to point out that every time I see your title I get the Aladdin song in my head!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:30 AM   #23
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Joining in on this trip report! Can't wait to hear how much fun yall had!

Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #24
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I am here to read along...excited to hear about your trip :
Old 01-05-2011, 08:31 AM   #25
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can't wait! Also, I have to point out that every time I see your title I get the Aladdin song in my head!
Well now that song's stuck in my head and probably will be every time I read this TR. It's a good song at least.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
Old 01-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #26
eecteacher82
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read and see what you thought of the DxDP!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #27
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
That's partially why I gave my TR this title...John and I listened to that song about a million times on this trip! I don't think I'll ever get it out of my head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Joining in on this trip report! Can't wait to hear how much fun yall had!
Thanks so much for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I am here to read along...excited to hear about your trip :
I'm so glad you're here! I hope you enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
Well now that song's stuck in my head and probably will be every time I read this TR. It's a good song at least.
My TR will probably have that effect on everyone! But it is a great song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecteacher82 View Post
I'm here!!! Can't wait to read and see what you thought of the DxDP!!!
Yay! I'm so glad you're here!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:48 PM   #28
stich626
Mouseketeer

Cannot wait to hear about your christmas gifts!

Is it October yet?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #29
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Can't wait for the rest of this TR! Subscribing for sure!

Love the title, by the way!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #30
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Christmas Morning: Part One

As you can imagine, I woke up on Christmas morning BEYOND excited. Not only was it Christmas, my favorite day of the year, but it was our departure day for Disney! I had been waiting nine long months for this day, and it was finally here! I couldn't believe it. We always stay at my parents' house on Christmas Eve, so waking up on Christmas morning has just as much magic as it did when I was a kid. Understandably, I had some trouble sleeping the night before, so I ended up getting up around 8:30. John had already been up for several hours by this point. John is like a four year old on Christmas morning- he wakes up before dawn and tromps around the house being as loud as possible in the hopes that he will wake everyone up to open presents. He's a nut, but you can't help but love him. Anyway, I woke up and headed downstairs with my two dogs, Vida and Bella. I had to check out the presents that Santa had brought. My mom and dad still play Santa with us, even though we are 23, 24, and 26. They wait until Christmas Eve after we are in bed to put our gifts under the tree so we can't shake them. I just love my family!

Bella was having a hard time waking up, so I put her in the chair next to the Christmas tree and took a funny picture of her sleepy face.

How cute is that?! And don't you just love her PJs? Yes, I'm a freak, but my dogs wear PJs to bed every single night when it's cold out. They love them, and I love looking at their adorableness!

We had a quick but delicious breakfast (it's a Christmas tradition- my sister makes AMAZING apple muffins with honey butter spread and my mom yummy makes sausage quiche) and my dad started a fire so we would be cozy. Of course, we also turned on the 24 hour Christmas Story marathon and turned it down really low, to add to the ambiance. After all of this, it was finally time to open presents! Yippeeee!

*Note: Please excuse my ghastly hair and overall appearance in the following pictures. I had just woken up and I tend to look a little like a zombie in the mornings. You have been warned.

As we started opening gifts my other baby girl Vida just had to sit in mommy's lap and help out. My first gift was a real winner!

Just Dance 2 for the Wii! Yay! I love the first Just Dance game, so I was so excited to get this! I feel like Just Dance is the best way to exercise. It's so much fun you don't even realize how much work it is, until you wake up the next morning and you can't lift your arms!

My sister opened up her first gift and was super happy to see that she got a new Willow Tree figurine from my mom. She collects those and loves them about as much as I love Jim Shore, so this was a great surprise. It was really beautiful, too. It was a mother hugging her daughter. I could have cried!

I decided I just couldn't get into tearing open Christmas presents properly with Vida on my lap, so I made her go sit on the couch and grabbed my next present. What could it be?

Woo hoo! My first Disney item! I wanted this DVD so badly, and I was really excited that I got the fancy copy. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorite Disney movies but I only had it on VHS before this. Also, my best friend got me a portable DVD player for Christmas, so I was thrilled that I could take this on my trip with me!

Next, my mom opened up a gift from John and me. She loves all of my Jim Shore figurines and mentioned she wouldn't mind having some, so we got her a pretty Santa.

She really seemed to love it!

One gift I opened that I don't have a picture of was one of my favorites: a Jim Shore figurine from my mom! It was the teacher Minnie Mouse that I wanted, and I was so excited! Unfortunately, her hand had broken off during shipment. It was not a big deal at all to me because I know that Jim Shore collectibles will break if you look at them funny and they are easily fixed. My mom, on the other hand, felt terrible and was really upset. I assured her it would be fine and I could easily fix it. I am happy to report that Minnie Mouse now has both of her hands firmly attached and is living happily on my shelf.

Alright folks, next up is a biggie. If I had to list my Christmas wishlist in order of importance, I probably would have listed to Dooney and Bourke sketch wristlet first. I first saw the white ones on a fellow DISers TR and I was so jealous! I fell in love with the colorful ones when I first laid eyes on them and I've wanted one for ages. I really wanted the crossbody bag, but I thought it was too expensive. I figured the wristlet would be more than enough, and then I would get to carry my stuff in style while we were in the parks.

Well, I opened my next gift and I could not believe what was inside!

AHHH! I GOT THE CROSSBODY BAG!

I was beyond ecstatic at this point. My mom told me she originally bought me the wristlet, but it was so small she decided to send it back and get this instead. Thank you, momma!

I missed out on taking a few pictures of gifts at this point because I was so obssessed with my new bag, and I can't really remember what my family opened. Sorry! I know that John opened several of his gifts, because he was tearing through them like a tornado! He got some movies he wanted and some clothes, and a camo snuggie!

Next, John opened up his favorite gift. John loves any and everything Star Wars and he also loves his XBox 360. Therefore, the new Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 game was perfect for him!

My dad got a few nice new henley shirts that he was really happy about. He loves those things, and they look really nice on him!

I opened up my next gift and was on cloud 9 when I saw what was inside!

A new Disney shirt! A really cute new Disney shirt, actually! I was so excited to have this for my trip! It was already turning out to be a very Disney Christmas and we were not even halfway through the mound of gifts!

Next my mom opened up a pretty new sweater and some CDs and her dog, Duke, opened up some Puperonis and a new toy. I love this picture!

Then, my dad got some new wool socks from John! (By the way, I'm sorry for boring you with all of my family pictures, but I want to include every aspect of our trip, including Christmas morning! It's a total immersion TR experience!)

My sister opened up her next gift and got an Old Navy gift card and a gift certificate to our local movie theater! She was thrilled!

Then it was my turn to open up another gift! (Side note: you can see poor Minnie Mouse and her amputated appendage in this picture!)

What could it be? Was it another Disney gift? Also, what gift was an even BIGGER surprise than the Dooney and Bourke bag? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited by therussells08; 01-06-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: