Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #151
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing well. To all of my friends up north, I hope you're staying warm and out of this horrible weather!

I am so sorry I haven't updated much lately. Like I said in my last update, work is really wearing me out. To top things off, the flu is spreading around my school like wildfire. Half of our staff (we are a small school- only seven teachers) have been out this week with the flu, and a huge number of our students are ill as well.

In other news, if everything goes according to plan we will be buying John a new truck this weekend. We have been looking at several slightly used models, and we found a nice 2010 Toyota Tacoma with only 14,000 miles that I think we're going to go with. He needs a dependable vehicle, so this is good news. Also, it's good news because the next thing on my list to save for after we make the down payment on his truck is our next Disney trip!

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on with me. I am going to post an update tomorrow night for sure. I have uploaded the pics to Photo Bucket, but I still need to resize them and that takes ages. Thank you all for hanging in there while I am so busy and my updates are sparse. Ya'll are the best!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #152
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Great news about the truck! And even better... now you can start saving for that next trip!!! Stay healthy! And yes, I'm lucky enough to be in upstate New York and the weather here is miserable right now!

No worries about the update delay... we'll be here!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #153
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for John getting a new truck, which means you can start saving for Disney after! Any idea when you're going, are you still thinking June? I hear the first week of October is nice!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #154
shelbys mommy
DIS Veteran

I am back caught up! I can't believe how rude he was to you! I would have said something too! I am super proud of John, I can't say that I would have done the same thing lol
Old 02-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #155
mom2mek
Obsessed with Disney

Stay well. We will be here when you can post again...no worries!!

Sara
Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 PM   #156
shelby101301
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR.

Btw, love your D&B! I was surprised with the wristlet for Christmas and want to get full size bag too! Love them! Used my Xmas money znd sold my Kindle to surprise family with mini- trip this month(kidani) so i can't afford now. But will save up to buy in Oct(Saratoga springs)

Me(43)DH(39) DS(10) DD(8) DS (5)

Old 02-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #157
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Hi Joni! Finally back to catch up on your TR! I can't believe I haven't been on it for almost a month. I've been neglecting DIS because I've been spending time crafting instead.

That was a crazy price for just one night at Pop! I sent that price to my group now because we're all kinda dealing with the cost of our upcoming vacation, but it's $170 for each of us for the week. I can't believe that it would've been that much just for one night. Even so, I still can't wait to stay on property!!!

I'd be so nervous if I were trying to make sure I got to MK before it reached full capacity! I know going during any holiday is hectic, but just like you, I've heard the Christmas horror stories.

HAHA, I love the foreshadowing hint! Keep it up, English teacher!

I think all the pics of you and John in front of the castle are great! I love that there's a story/memory that goes along with it with the PP photographer trying to get him to smile.

AHHH, your new gloves are just awesome! As I was reading, I was waiting for you to post a pic of you and the gloves in MK!

Oh man, I laughed out loud when I read the following: "... and I tried my usual strategy, which is spinning the vehicle in random directions so John can’t aim." HAHA.

YAY, I'm proud of you too for saying something to the rude person at the bakery. I wouldn't say much either, even though I'd be upset about it and talk about what I could've said. I would've regretted not saying anything at that time. Did they have a reaction to what you or John said?

Hope this helps, but when you upload to Photobucket, you can set it up so that it always loads at a certain size. I realized that after the fact, so now when I get to a new day on the TR, I delete everything and upload it again with the new setting. I'd rather do that and wait (I walk away from the computer) instead of sit there and resize each one like I used to. You can find the "Customize your upload options" near the buttom of the upload part of the screen.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 02-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #158
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Yay! Robot spiders!

Hi everyone! So, I know I promised an update last week, but an unwelcome visitor paid me a visit in the last few days: the flu. Today is the first day I have gathered enough strength to sit in front of the computer to type this, so I'm just not getting around to the update! Thanks for hanging in there with me!

When we left of John and I were leaving Main Street Bakery and heading to our next destination. Having already conquered Tomorrowland, it was time to hit some of the other MK hotspots!

On our way I snapped a really pretty picture of Crystal Palace. I think that is one of the prettiest restaurants.

As we were walking in front of the castle I noticed there was some kind of dance party going on. It was really cute, so we stopped to check it out.

My sister loves The Little Mermaid, and Sebastian is one of her favorite characters, so I had to take a picture of him!

While we were watching the dance party I was happy to see that the sky was finally looking a little less-ominous. I took a picture of the castle that turned out better than any I had taken so far.

Then I snapped one more picture of Sebastian sitting on top of his huge present and we headed for...

Adventureland! Haha, look at all of the freezing cold people in that picture!

If you read my PTR, you will know that there are a lot of attractions at WDW that John and I have continued to miss on every trip. We were determined this time around to try some of those, and our first was Jungle Cruise!

I know, I can't believe I'd never ridden it before this trip either! It was just one of those that we always skipped because we were in such a hurry to get to Pirates of the Caribbean.

I took a picture of another sign in front of Jungle Cruise because I loved the colors on it. I told John I wish we could have that to hang in our apartment!

There was hardly any wait, and almost immediately it was time to board our boat, Senegal Sal.

I can't for the life of me remember our driver's name, but she was great. We were seated in the very front of the boat on the right side. Across from us was a man and his little boy. This little boy was HILARIOUS. He was really really loud and outspoken, and he had us cracking up the entire ride. When we first got on he started telling the driver that he was scared of spiders and asking her if there were going to be any on the ride. She assured him that the spiders weren't anything to be afraid of, because they were "robot spiders." Well apparently this thrilled the little boy, because he kept screaming "YAY! ROBOT SPIDERS!" It was really cute, but his poor dad looked so embarrassed.

I really enjoyed all of the puns in the dialogue on this ride. I had just finished teaching my freshmen about puns in Romeo and Juliet before we left for Christmas break, so I wish I had a video of our ride to share with them. I also thought our guide had really great delivery of her lines- she was very witty.
I hope you don't mind, but since it was our first time riding I took a ton of pics. I will share them with you now! Feel free to scroll through if you've seen it all before!

(This picture reminded me of the beginning of the Lion King when all the animals come to pay homage to Simba!)

John got all excited over this...he couldn't believe they added in that little bit of "the circle of life" to the show.

John and I agreed that this was really a great ride! We couldn't believe we had skipped it so many times before. We definitely won't skip it again!

Up Next: Where did we head next, and what was our next never-done-before adventure? Stay tuned to find out!

Last edited by therussells08; 02-05-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:04 PM   #159
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Great news about the truck! And even better... now you can start saving for that next trip!!! Stay healthy! And yes, I'm lucky enough to be in upstate New York and the weather here is miserable right now!

No worries about the update delay... we'll be here!
Thank you! I am happy to report we bought the truck on Wednesday! John is loving it, and I am already planning how to start putting money away for Disney!

Unfortunately, the staying healthy part didn't really work out for me! Oh well!

I hope the weather is a little better up there! I hope you're staying warm!

Thank you for your support! You're so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for John getting a new truck, which means you can start saving for Disney after! Any idea when you're going, are you still thinking June? I hear the first week of October is nice!
The truck has officially been purchased! June is definitely still a possibility. I'm still not quite sure about John's next leave, so it will probably be awhile before we find out. We have been looking into Disney Cruises too, but I'm thinking that's going to be a little risky to plan since we don't know his exact leave dates.

I would LOVE to go when you are going! That's the only bad thing about our jobs...we pretty much only get time off when Disney is the most crowded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbys mommy View Post
I am back caught up! I can't believe how rude he was to you! I would have said something too! I am super proud of John, I can't say that I would have done the same thing lol
Haha, I'm proud of John too! I definitely thought that guy was going to get punched in the nose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Stay well. We will be here when you can post again...no worries!!

Sara
Thank you! I didn't manage to stay well, but I'm doing a little better now! Thanks for hanging in there with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby101301 View Post
Enjoying your TR.

Btw, love your D&B! I was surprised with the wristlet for Christmas and want to get full size bag too! Love them! Used my Xmas money znd sold my Kindle to surprise family with mini- trip this month(kidani) so i can't afford now. But will save up to buy in Oct(Saratoga springs)
Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Which wristlet did you get? Did you get one of the colors or a white one! They are all so gorgeous!

That was so nice of you to surprise your family with a trip! I hope you have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Hi Joni! Finally back to catch up on your TR! I can't believe I haven't been on it for almost a month. I've been neglecting DIS because I've been spending time crafting instead.

That was a crazy price for just one night at Pop! I sent that price to my group now because we're all kinda dealing with the cost of our upcoming vacation, but it's $170 for each of us for the week. I can't believe that it would've been that much just for one night. Even so, I still can't wait to stay on property!!!

I'd be so nervous if I were trying to make sure I got to MK before it reached full capacity! I know going during any holiday is hectic, but just like you, I've heard the Christmas horror stories.

HAHA, I love the foreshadowing hint! Keep it up, English teacher!

I think all the pics of you and John in front of the castle are great! I love that there's a story/memory that goes along with it with the PP photographer trying to get him to smile.

AHHH, your new gloves are just awesome! As I was reading, I was waiting for you to post a pic of you and the gloves in MK!

Oh man, I laughed out loud when I read the following: "... and I tried my usual strategy, which is spinning the vehicle in random directions so John can’t aim." HAHA.

YAY, I'm proud of you too for saying something to the rude person at the bakery. I wouldn't say much either, even though I'd be upset about it and talk about what I could've said. I would've regretted not saying anything at that time. Did they have a reaction to what you or John said?

Hope this helps, but when you upload to Photobucket, you can set it up so that it always loads at a certain size. I realized that after the fact, so now when I get to a new day on the TR, I delete everything and upload it again with the new setting. I'd rather do that and wait (I walk away from the computer) instead of sit there and resize each one like I used to. You can find the "Customize your upload options" near the buttom of the upload part of the screen.
Hi Rachel! I have been looking at your crafts on Facebook and I LOVE them! I was showing them to my mom the other day. You are really talented! I went to buy a friend of mine a get well card the other day and I was not very happy with the card selection. All I could think about was how pretty your cards are!

Staying on property is so amazing, and it's usually nowhere near that pricey. I guess it was because it was Christmas night and we were calling at the last minute, but I couldn't believe that price either!

I was SO stressed out about getting into MK! Once we were through the gate I was able to relax a little bit. I had myself completely convinced that the park would be closed and our first day of vacation would be ruined!

I'm so glad you liked the PP pictures! Some of the PP pics from this trip are amazing, and some I was not very happy with. My absolute favorites came from our DHS day, so stay tuned for those!

That is pretty much the only chance I have of beating John at Buzz, but no matter how much I spin the car he still wins everytime! Oh well, I always win at TSM so it's okay!

After the issue at the bakery I thought about it for awhile and came up with about twenty things I could have said that would've sounded way cooler than what I chose to say, but I was still proud of myself for saying anything. I'm usually really passive agressive so that was a huge leap for me. The people didn't respond to us at all. In fact, they acted like we didn't exist. Which I guess would explain why the guy almost sat on me!

AHHHH, that helps SO much! Thank you thank you thank you! I have spent I have no idea how long resizing pictures! You are the best!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #160
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

So happy you finally experienced Jungle Crusie! I have a really corny sense of humor, so JC and all its puns and bad jokes really appeals to someone like me!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #161
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I'm glad you loved the JC!!! It is a must for us every trip but we always have to make sure of the ride times because they aren't always open for EMH or parties and since we seem to be there only at night, we have to ride it before it closes!

You'll have to ride it at night sometime..it's even better!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #162
saralexander97
Searching for a Disney Dream

That sucks you got the flu, that makes for a miserable few days =( I hope you feel better soon and I bet John took good care of you.
I love the Jungle Cruise, its one of my favorites. That would be such a fun job, wouldn't it? So I have an idea, I'll throw in my stethoscope and you throw in your Expo markers and we will get a job at Disney World =)
Old 02-06-2011, 12:11 AM   #163
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I agree about the JC - I couldn't believe we had never ridden it either. It's a must-do now. It is so fun, and funny!

That picture of CP is so pretty!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #164
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Ugh, so sorry you have the flu, hope you feel better soon!

Loved the update! It's so funny seeing everyone all bundled up at Disney World! I like the cooler weather down there, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to going during a warmer part of the year for this trip, so we can use the pool more!

We always skip the Jungle Cruise too, it looks like so much fun, such a classic! I know I've done it once or twice with my family, but I have no memory of it so I'd like to do it again! We just never really had time on our last trip, even though it was one of my must do's!

I love those pictures of Sebastian! He would be so cute to have a meet and greet with!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 02-06-2011, 11:45 AM   #165
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hope you are feeling better after having the horrible flu.

Love all the pictures of Jungle Cruise especially the 'circle of life' one. That little boy sounds hilarious!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: