Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2011, 11:51 AM   #136
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Yeah, I have an iPod Touch and actually just bought a cheap pair of stretch gloves and snipped off the fingertips I didn't feel like spending extra money on the flip top gloves. The picture of you with your gloves is cute!

Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR/PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DBF
Old 01-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #137
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

You and John are an adorable couple. Can't wait to read more.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #138
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean about Space Mountain and riding in the front, it's so much better than the back!

Those gloves are so cute! Except I don't get the thumb cut off thing...weird!

I'm not a big fan of Buzz, I'm SO bad at it! I don't know where I'm supposed to be aiming! I mean, I know at the targets, but I can never seem to hit them!

I can't believe that rude jerk at the bakery! People are so ridiculous in Disney, I have this fantasy that everyone should be nice and courteous when in Disney World, but it seems like 50% of the people are rude, selfish jerks! I always make comments to rude people, but they never hear me. Ever. I don't know if I'm too quiet or if they just choose to ignore me, but it's just not even worth it to get worked up about it, since they obviously just don't care!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #139
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Your gloves are cute, I like the colors! Although I agree with you, it's weird they have the thumbs open like that. Usually mittens like that don't, how strange.

Your danish looked so good! I need to try new things at MSB instead of getting a cinnamon roll every time. I can't believe how rude that guy was to you! I don't understand some people!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #140
rootbeer momma
Earning My Ears

Yay for an update! Looking at the pics is making me excited, I leave in 3 days for POP!

It was pretty cold when were down there during nov/dec, only in the 50's. You look sooo happy to have warm fingers! I am confused by the no thumb thing...are your thumbs not supposed to get cold?!

The best seat on Space Mountain is the front!! I have only rode in the front seat once but it was definitely the best.

Main Street Bakery=love! Those goodies look so yummy, I can't wait to get there!

Great update!! Can't wait for the next one!
Willow 8/10/09
Rowan 8/10/09-8/12/09
Lyla 11/10/11-11/10/11
Old 01-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #141
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 01-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #142
laashley
DIS Veteran

Yay for an update. Very cute gloves! I guess thumbs aren't supposed to get cold?. Just the other day I was trying to use the phone with gloves on. Nope didn't work!

Really hoping to grab breakfast at Main St. Bakery. I will try not to push anyone out of their seat.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #143
BelleTinkMom
DIS Veteran

Don't know how I missed that you started your TR. But I'm here going back to catch up.
I am nuts....for bringing the in-laws-a May/June 2011 TR. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post41825167
Old 01-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #144
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

We always go on Space Mountain first, too. Although I am the opposite - I pray I'm not the front seat (and make Miguel change with me if I am)! It's a little too realistic for me. I feel so exposed!

Ugh, sorry about your run in with the man at MSB. Why do people have to be so rude?!
Old 01-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #145
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I love Space Mountain, and that shirt was really neat. I like riding in the front too, but I don't ask for it. This past trip I got the front once and the back once. I liked the front better, but the back wasn't bad either!

I can't believe that guy at the bakery was that rude. Well, I can believe it, but it still makes me sad. I noticed a lot more grumpy people onour trip as well, and I am trying to find an explanation for it. My current theory is that the crowd level is so much higher, so while the percentage of jerks might be the same, there are more of them. It's good you said something, and it's even better that John didn't get into a fight with him. After all, it's still Disney World!
Old 01-31-2011, 07:51 AM   #146
saralexander97
Searching for a Disney Dream

Space Mountain was closed for renovations last time we were there also =(
I love the gloves! I cannot wait to here more about your adventures. I really despise rude people, awesome job holding them accountable for their actions!

1985 DW-Off-Site as kid 1996 DL-Off-Site as a teen, 2006, POFQ 2009 BWV & Hard RockPre-Trip Report
Old 02-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #147
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
on getting another update posted! Hope work eases up for you though know how tough it can be working in a school environment.

My guess was right...you did go to Space Mountain! Am glad you enjoyed the updated version.

Agree with you on the gloves...the person who designed them sure didn't think about keeping the thumb warm as well...even though they do look cute.

Thanks for the on stitch...will make sure I raise myself when I ride it.

You sure came across some wierd/rude people on your day at MK...first the woman on stitch and then the people at the Main Street Bakery...can't believe people would behave in such a way. By the way the choc danish and apple turnover look delish!
Thank you for your support! Unfortunately, work has only gotten tougher so my updates are even more scarce. About half of our school has the flu, so the other half seems to be working twice as hard to keep things running. I'm ready for Spring!

Great guess! The updated version was awesome!

I hope my Stitch advice is helpful! I just think it can be really painful if you don't give yourself a little room to move around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
What is with rude people?! Especially at Disney when everyone should be happy and polite!!!

Great update! And don't feel bad, I am the absolute worst on Buzz, so no matter what your score, it'll always beat mine! Your chocolate danish looks so yummy... I want one!
Seriously?! I don't know why anyone would be rude at Disney!

Thanks, that makes me feel better! I feel like I never hit anything on Buzz!

That chocolate danish was sooo good! As a matter of fact, I stopped at Arbys for dinner tonight and had a chocolate turnover for dessert, and it made me think of those yummy danishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Great Update!!

Can you believe rude people?! I mean it's okay to table stalk but to sit down before you ask them to sit or fully leave the table is nuts! You'd think with it being the day after Xmas people we be kind but I guess not!

Where do you go next?!
Thank you!

You're right, I totally understand table stalking, because I am definitely guilty of that. These people were just a little to desperate, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancin_princess View Post
I've never been called "important to a TR". That made my night.

You really had a DISNEY Christmas! All beyond awesome gifts. and yay for a white Christmas its definitely something special to us Southerners. In my boyfriend's family - we have Christmas dinner on Christmas eve too.

I love the Full House Disney episode. Heck, I loved all TGIF episodes that did Disney episodes.

When I read this, I thought of Meet the Robinsons.

That lady was rude to be texting during Stitch, especially since the CM was yelling at her.
You are very important to my TR!

It was a great Christmas for sure! I really enjoy doing Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve...I guess it's because that's how we've always done it!

I have not seen any other TGIF Disney episodes except for the Full House one but I want to! I am obsessed with Full House!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
So weird that the mittens did not cover the thumbs but I know how frustrating it is to try and use a touch phone when its cold out and you have gloves on!!
I am so glad that you guys can all relate to my glove troubles! I'm happy I'm not alone!
Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #148
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFirefly View Post
Yeah, I have an iPod Touch and actually just bought a cheap pair of stretch gloves and snipped off the fingertips I didn't feel like spending extra money on the flip top gloves. The picture of you with your gloves is cute!
That's a great idea! I need to do that with some cheap gloves!

Thank you so much! I always tilt my head back in pictures. It's a bad habit I picked up because I think it makes me feel taller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinawv View Post
You and John are an adorable couple. Can't wait to read more.
Thank you so much! You are too sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I know what you mean about Space Mountain and riding in the front, it's so much better than the back!

Those gloves are so cute! Except I don't get the thumb cut off thing...weird!

I'm not a big fan of Buzz, I'm SO bad at it! I don't know where I'm supposed to be aiming! I mean, I know at the targets, but I can never seem to hit them!

I can't believe that rude jerk at the bakery! People are so ridiculous in Disney, I have this fantasy that everyone should be nice and courteous when in Disney World, but it seems like 50% of the people are rude, selfish jerks! I always make comments to rude people, but they never hear me. Ever. I don't know if I'm too quiet or if they just choose to ignore me, but it's just not even worth it to get worked up about it, since they obviously just don't care!
Space Mountain in the front is AMAZING! I feel like I'm really flying in outerspace!

I am the exact same with Buzz...I just don't know what to aim at! I usually just shoot randomly and try to sabotage John!

I don't understand why so many people seem to angry at Disney. I mean, they act like it's there job! I don't know about others, but I'm sure as heck not going to drop several thousand dollars so I can go somewhere and be in a bad mood! That's insane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Your gloves are cute, I like the colors! Although I agree with you, it's weird they have the thumbs open like that. Usually mittens like that don't, how strange.

Your danish looked so good! I need to try new things at MSB instead of getting a cinnamon roll every time. I can't believe how rude that guy was to you! I don't understand some people!
Thank you! I like the colors too. Purple is my favorite!

I would definitely recommend the danish. It must be pretty new because they didn't have it on my last trip, but this time I saw them just about everywhere. Let me know what you think if you try one next time!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #149
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeer momma View Post
Yay for an update! Looking at the pics is making me excited, I leave in 3 days for POP!

It was pretty cold when were down there during nov/dec, only in the 50's. You look sooo happy to have warm fingers! I am confused by the no thumb thing...are your thumbs not supposed to get cold?!

The best seat on Space Mountain is the front!! I have only rode in the front seat once but it was definitely the best.

Main Street Bakery=love! Those goodies look so yummy, I can't wait to get there!

Great update!! Can't wait for the next one!
I hope you are having a blast on your trip! I'm sorry I didn't reply before you left!

I was beyond ecstatic to have warm fingers! I guess they think your thumbs should warm themselves?!

I hope you got to ride in the front seat this trip!

I can't wait to hear what you had to eat at MSB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Subscribing
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Yay for an update. Very cute gloves! I guess thumbs aren't supposed to get cold?. Just the other day I was trying to use the phone with gloves on. Nope didn't work!

Really hoping to grab breakfast at Main St. Bakery. I will try not to push anyone out of their seat.
I saw in the mall a pair of gloves that apparently allowed you to use your touch screen, but they were like thirty dollars!

I can't imagine you pushing anyone out of their seat! You're too nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Don't know how I missed that you started your TR. But I'm here going back to catch up.
Thanks for joining in! I'm so glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
We always go on Space Mountain first, too. Although I am the opposite - I pray I'm not the front seat (and make Miguel change with me if I am)! It's a little too realistic for me. I feel so exposed!

Ugh, sorry about your run in with the man at MSB. Why do people have to be so rude?!
I LOVE the front seat! But I understand what you mean, it can be a little scary!

Thanks! He was a jerk, but I didn't let him ruin my day!
Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #150
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
I love Space Mountain, and that shirt was really neat. I like riding in the front too, but I don't ask for it. This past trip I got the front once and the back once. I liked the front better, but the back wasn't bad either!

I can't believe that guy at the bakery was that rude. Well, I can believe it, but it still makes me sad. I noticed a lot more grumpy people onour trip as well, and I am trying to find an explanation for it. My current theory is that the crowd level is so much higher, so while the percentage of jerks might be the same, there are more of them. It's good you said something, and it's even better that John didn't get into a fight with him. After all, it's still Disney World!
I don't ask to ride in the front either. I'm not sure why I don't, because the CMs are always really nice to anyone who does...I guess I like to wait and see if I'm going to get lucky!

I like your jerk theory, it makes sense! I was proud of John for not knocking his lights out. He doesn't put up with stuff like that like I do. I guess it's from spending so much time with teenagers- I have a higher tolerance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralexander97 View Post
Space Mountain was closed for renovations last time we were there also =(
I love the gloves! I cannot wait to here more about your adventures. I really despise rude people, awesome job holding them accountable for their actions!
We were so bummed in 09 when Space Mountain was closed!

Thank you so much! You are so sweet!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: