Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 AM   #31
jwalker1
Earning My Ears

Hi Rebels, doing a lot better today. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Seeing that Rebels are posting race pics, here is mine.

Half

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91704144

Full

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91733195

jwalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #32
grstink
Mouseketeer

Everyone's pics look so good. And thanks to those who commented on mine. Yes, I was extremely proud that day.
After the race, my knee started to bother me somewhat. Walking the parks for 2 days didn't help it much either. Once I got home, I rested it. Today was the first day back out walking (the snow here didn't help my motivation much). It felt so good to get back out and walk with just a little discomfort in the knee. Now, I'm hoping I can keep it going. It's funny because I walked with my cousin today and she mentioned about doing the race next year with me and my daughter. It seems our discussions about the events and fun at Disney races has inspired her to join me and my daughter in our healthy experiences. I actually was thinking (in one of my crazier moments) that I might attempt the full marathon next year with my daughter. When I told her of these thoughts, she just busted out laughing and said, "wow, this coming from someone whose past athletic activity consisted of opening a book to read."
Hope all is well with the Rebels and happy moving.......

Gretchen
grstink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2011, 03:09 PM   #33
forceword
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

ASI finally allowed me to download my photos so I could finish my video. Hope you find it interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkdJdOXxEU0

I shot it in 720p so you can watch it in hi-def if your broadband is up to it.

Liam

forceword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #34
grstink
Mouseketeer

Congratulations Liam.
Your video was so much fun to watch. It really captures the moments of the day. I especially love your picture at the end wearing your 3 medals.
Nice job!

Gretchen
Old 01-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #35
disney_mommy
"Dear god, what am I doing? This is half a man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker1 View Post
Hi Rebels, doing a lot better today. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Seeing that Rebels are posting race pics, here is mine.

Half

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91704144

Full

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91733195
James - Great pictures, you look like you're very seriously concentrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grstink View Post
Everyone's pics look so good. And thanks to those who commented on mine. Yes, I was extremely proud that day.
After the race, my knee started to bother me somewhat. Walking the parks for 2 days didn't help it much either. Once I got home, I rested it. Today was the first day back out walking (the snow here didn't help my motivation much). It felt so good to get back out and walk with just a little discomfort in the knee. Now, I'm hoping I can keep it going. It's funny because I walked with my cousin today and she mentioned about doing the race next year with me and my daughter. It seems our discussions about the events and fun at Disney races has inspired her to join me and my daughter in our healthy experiences. I actually was thinking (in one of my crazier moments) that I might attempt the full marathon next year with my daughter. When I told her of these thoughts, she just busted out laughing and said, "wow, this coming from someone whose past athletic activity consisted of opening a book to read."
Hope all is well with the Rebels and happy moving.......
Gretchen - that's awesome that maybe your cousin might be able to join you next year. Maybe it will become a family tradition. Good for you for getting back out there. When I finished the Princess last year, my mistake was I took too much time off, then I couldn't seem to find my motivation anymore. I should have gotten back out there like you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceword View Post
Hi all,

ASI finally allowed me to download my photos so I could finish my video. Hope you find it interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkdJdOXxEU0

I shot it in 720p so you can watch it in hi-def if your broadband is up to it.

Liam
Liam - Will watch the video later at home (at work now). Can't wait to see it.

I managed to get in a few miles over the weekend, on the treadmill. Getting a consistent 2-3 miles every time I do it. I just need to do it more days. Was kind of proud of myself last night. The whole family was sitting in the living room watching America's Funniest Videos and laughing, and I got up and left them so I could go on the TM. Was so tempted to just skip it and stay on the couch.

Had a dream last night that I finished my 2.67 miles last night and went to my friend's (who I'm staying with for the Princess), then woke up the next day and realized the race was the following day. I started freaking out, thinking how crazy I was feeling like 2.67 miles was going to get me ready for the half. Guess it's time for the stress dreams to start.

"Now sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well, just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet, get your head in the right place and hey you're complete!" ~Jackalope

June 2003-AKL for DS's 5th birthday April 2006-7 Night Western June 2007-Surprise Disney World for DS's 9th birthday, offsite December 2007-7 Night Eastern June 2008-AK & Epcot in one day, offsite January 2009-A Diva and Her Mom Invade Disney, CBR March 2010-Princess Half-Marathon, AKV October 2010-Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, offsite (thanks Deb, you rock!)
February 2011-Girlfriend Trip, offsite (Deb, you still rock!)
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #36
disney_mommy

So where are my teammates? I did a 3 miles walking DVD last night. It had extra strength training and exercises thrown in and it totally kicked my butt. The lunges were the worst! I've got a lot of miles to bank before I'm ready for the Princess which is coming up soon.

"Now sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well, just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet, get your head in the right place and hey you're complete!" ~Jackalope

June 2003-AKL for DS's 5th birthday April 2006-7 Night Western June 2007-Surprise Disney World for DS's 9th birthday, offsite December 2007-7 Night Eastern June 2008-AK & Epcot in one day, offsite January 2009-A Diva and Her Mom Invade Disney, CBR March 2010-Princess Half-Marathon, AKV October 2010-Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, offsite (thanks Deb, you rock!)
Old 01-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #37
jwalker1
Earning My Ears

Hi Rebels!!!

I am here Andrea! It sounds to me like your getting it done, great job!

AFM – No training or pretty much anything physical at the moment. I am still trying to regain control of my asthma. I suspect the Goofy challenge was a tad to much for me. I am glad that I did it but there sure was a price to be paid.

I am thinking heavily about cutting back on the mileage for the rest of the year. Do a few races below 10 miles. I hoping that this cut back will help my regain my health, because it has been kind of scary lately.

Anyway, enough of my sad story. Be Well and lets get some good training and racing in!!!

jwalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #38
deleckidesign
Mouseketeer

Trying to get back into the swing of things since the 1/2 and build back up mileage slowly. Got in 2.5 miles today and felt OK. DH has been getting me back into weight training - mostly arms and core - and squats. I did core and squats on Mon. and am still sore today. I think the run helped me quads loosen up, though...at least I hope. I have a couple more weeks of running to build back up to 3 miles consistently...then a 12-week training program for my half in May!
2002: Disney Magic 7-night Eastern (St. Maarten/St. Thomas)
2005: Disney Wonder 3-night Bahamas (plus 3-night WDW Pop Century)
2008: Disney Wonder 4-night (Double Dip)
2009: (March) POFQ
2009: (September) Wilderness Lodge
2010: (February) Bonnet Creek Resort
2011: Disney Dreams 7-night cruise
deleckidesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #39
MikeofRose&Mike
Mouseketeer

Michelle Way to get back into training. The core strength training will pay off. I saw an article in Runners World that said it was worth 45 sec on a 5k. Imagine what it's worth on your half.

James I hope you feel better soon.

Andrea We're here. Although I am a little worried about Nicki, she said she was going to write when she got home. Good job getting the work in the race is coming up fast. Maybe I'll see you there.

AFM Tuesday did my first speedwork since I pulled my hamstring in December, I am a little behind. I'm starting to get serious, I got two weekday runs in this week for the first time in a while. I got 5 in on the treadmill today. This weekend we are supposed to be in the 40s, so I'll get my long run in outside.

Everybody have a good week.

Mike

MikeofRose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #40
grstink
Mouseketeer

Hi all. Still here but haven't been walking too much since last Wednesday. I've been "babying" that sore knee which seems to be getting better but slowly. Exercise has mainly been Zumba class and shoveling snow. Yesterday, another 2 feet and more is expected this weekend. Will it ever end? I really miss the outside walking. Oh well, Spring is coming right? Good luck to all the Princess Race runners and walkers. I'm getting excited for you now.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Gretchen
Old 02-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #41
disney_mommy

Teammates, our February thread is here.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: