Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #16
disney_mommy
"Dear god, what am I doing? This is half a man."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofRose&Mike View Post
"The Gatorade is not going to carry itself"

"Now sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well, just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet, get your head in the right place and hey you're complete!" ~Jackalope

June 2003-AKL for DS's 5th birthday April 2006-7 Night Western June 2007-Surprise Disney World for DS's 9th birthday, offsite December 2007-7 Night Eastern June 2008-AK & Epcot in one day, offsite January 2009-A Diva and Her Mom Invade Disney, CBR March 2010-Princess Half-Marathon, AKV October 2010-Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, offsite (thanks Deb, you rock!)
February 2011-Girlfriend Trip, offsite (Deb, you still rock!)
disney_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #17
disney_mommy

Popped in a Leslie Sansone DVD and walked 2 miles worth last night. Liked it much more than the treadmill 3 miler of Sunday. Think I'll keep doing the DVDs and use the TM to break up the monotony and make sure I keep moving forward.

How about everyone else - is everyone moving? Except for our racers, of course, who have earned a few days off!

"Now sometimes you're up and sometimes you're down. When you find that you're down, well, just look around. You still got a body, good legs and fine feet, get your head in the right place and hey you're complete!" ~Jackalope

June 2003-AKL for DS's 5th birthday April 2006-7 Night Western June 2007-Surprise Disney World for DS's 9th birthday, offsite December 2007-7 Night Eastern June 2008-AK & Epcot in one day, offsite January 2009-A Diva and Her Mom Invade Disney, CBR March 2010-Princess Half-Marathon, AKV October 2010-Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, offsite (thanks Deb, you rock!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #18
grstink
Mouseketeer

Just got back from Disney(drove from FL to NJ just behind the storm). I am so proud that I have now successfully completed my second Half Marathon. Wow, what an adventure. I want to thank all the Wishers out there for their wonderful support and encouragement. It really is such a great feeling to be cheered on with such enthusiasm. Daughter and I are already planning for next year. Hope I can keep up and stay on track.
Thanks to all the Rebels for being here to share all the good times and bad. We really do rely on one another for encouragement, support, and celebration.

Gretchen
grstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #19
nkkilala
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!!!

So happy to have my first Half under my belt!!

We are still in the World and will be returning to "real life" on Saturday!

I have so-so internet here right now and will upload more when I get back home!

I want to thank all of you, and the WISHers on the course for your support! I had a great time and you were all a part of it!

Here is a link to my official photos!
PHOTOS!

More to come!!!
Old 01-14-2011, 06:10 AM   #20
G&GMom
Mouseketeer

Well I'm back and I have officially conquered the marathon! I will give my report this weekend - I can't access this site from work. Congratulations to everyone who ran last weekend!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #21
disney_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grstink View Post
Just got back from Disney(drove from FL to NJ just behind the storm). I am so proud that I have now successfully completed my second Half Marathon. Wow, what an adventure. I want to thank all the Wishers out there for their wonderful support and encouragement. It really is such a great feeling to be cheered on with such enthusiasm. Daughter and I are already planning for next year. Hope I can keep up and stay on track.
Thanks to all the Rebels for being here to share all the good times and bad. We really do rely on one another for encouragement, support, and celebration.
Congratulations Gretchen!! We're so proud of you, too! I bolded the part above that I love, I hope we can stay like that for each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkkilala View Post
Hey everyone!!!

So happy to have my first Half under my belt!!

We are still in the World and will be returning to "real life" on Saturday!

I have so-so internet here right now and will upload more when I get back home!

I want to thank all of you, and the WISHers on the course for your support! I had a great time and you were all a part of it!

Here is a link to my official photos!
PHOTOS!

More to come!!!
Congratulations Nikki!! We're so happy and proud of you! I love your pictures, they are great. But the best part is that you are smiling in every single one of them. It looks like you had a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G&GMom View Post
Well I'm back and I have officially conquered the marathon! I will give my report this weekend - I can't access this site from work. Congratulations to everyone who ran last weekend!
Congratulations Joy!! Awesome job on those 26.2 miles! Can't wait to read your report.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #22
jwalker1
Earning My Ears

Hi Rebels! I kind of have been silent here for a few months. Hopefully most will remember my struggles with finding out that I have asthma. Nothing really has changed there other than I have a lot more good days than bad. In Oct I completed my first marathon. I didn’t have a real great time but I did finish. Plus, it was great reaching my goal even though asthma kept me from training quite a bit of the times.

I struggled most of the fall also and could hardly train for the Goofy. But, some how, I crossed the finish line at the WDW Marathon and had two medals given to me, which made three medals for the weekend. No race reports at the moment but I will be writing ones for my blog soon.

Unfortunately, I am not doing well at the moment. I had to go to Express Care Wednesday because of breathing issues had gotten out of control. I guess my lungs became highly irritated from the weekend races. This same thing happened after my last marathon. I suspect this is my new norm. I think I will be OK just need some time for Prednisone to kick in. Hopefully I will feel better in a couple of days.

Anyway, “Congrats” to all the Rebels for some great racing!!!

I am working on getting my races ready for 2011 and will get them posted here.

Take care and keep up the racing!!!

jwalker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #23
MikeofRose&Mike
Mouseketeer

[/QUOTE]
James - hope you are feeling better soon. Let us know how it is going for. Excellent Job completing Goofy

Congratulations to everyone else and looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Mike

MikeofRose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #24
grstink
Mouseketeer

Hope this works. Liked Nikki's idea of adding the link to the photos. So here goes....

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91687985

Will try to get my pics up soon.

Thanks Andrea.

James, I hope all goes well for a speedy recovery. The Goofy is certainly a great achievement. Congratulations to you.

Gretchen
grstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #25
MikeofRose&Mike
Mouseketeer

Nice Pictures Gretchen. You look proud at the finish.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #26
forceword
Mouseketeer

Great photos everyone.

Nikki, belated congratulations on your great half.

Here are my photos for the half

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_e...288&S=230&PWD=

And the full

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_e...486&S=230&PWD=

I'm putting together the video that I took on the way round with the photos and I hope to be able to post a link in the next day or two.

Best wishes to all,

Liam

Last edited by forceword; 01-17-2011 at 04:07 PM.
forceword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:52 PM   #27
disney_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwalker1 View Post
Hi Rebels! I kind of have been silent here for a few months. Hopefully most will remember my struggles with finding out that I have asthma. Nothing really has changed there other than I have a lot more good days than bad. In Oct I completed my first marathon. I didn’t have a real great time but I did finish. Plus, it was great reaching my goal even though asthma kept me from training quite a bit of the times.

I struggled most of the fall also and could hardly train for the Goofy. But, some how, I crossed the finish line at the WDW Marathon and had two medals given to me, which made three medals for the weekend. No race reports at the moment but I will be writing ones for my blog soon.

Unfortunately, I am not doing well at the moment. I had to go to Express Care Wednesday because of breathing issues had gotten out of control. I guess my lungs became highly irritated from the weekend races. This same thing happened after my last marathon. I suspect this is my new norm. I think I will be OK just need some time for Prednisone to kick in. Hopefully I will feel better in a couple of days.

Anyway, “Congrats” to all the Rebels for some great racing!!!

I am working on getting my races ready for 2011 and will get them posted here.

Take care and keep up the racing!!!
James - Wow, first of all, congratulations on your 2 marathnos and 1 half. That's quite an accomplishment, especially considering your struggle with asthma.

I'm sorry you are having such a rough time getting and keeping that under control. Please take care of yourself as getting healthy is more important than getting a race done. Please keep us updated as to how you are doing, and get on that race report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grstink View Post
Hope this works. Liked Nikki's idea of adding the link to the photos. So here goes....

http://www.asiorders.com/go.asp?91687985
Gretchen - Great pictures! You look so proud of yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceword View Post
Great photos everyone.

Nikki, belated congratulations on your great half.

Here are my photos for the half

And the full

I'm putting together the video that I took on the way round with the photos and I hope to be able to post a link in the next day or two.

Best wishes to all,

Liam
Liam - I love your pics, too! Especially the character ones. I was too afraid to stop for any of the characters during the Princess last year (didn't want to lose time), but these make me wish I had! Can't wait to see the video.

Everyone - What healthy thing did you do for yourself over the weekend?

I walked a lot on Saturday. Went to DC for the day and walked from the Metro to 2 museums and walked all around them. Wish I had a GPS or pedomoeter on. I bet it would be some impressive numbers!

Old 01-17-2011, 04:05 PM   #28
forceword
Mouseketeer

Oops. These are my half photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_mommy View Post

Liam - I love your pics, too! Especially the character ones. I was too afraid to stop for any of the characters during the Princess last year (didn't want to lose time), but these make me wish I had! Can't wait to see the video.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. I stopped for almost character photo available. I really wasn't concerned about my time at all and I wanted to enjoy everything that is special about the Disney races and getting as many character photos as possible was something I'd promised my wife and daughter. It was the only way I was given permission to come.

I'd pre-ordered the Goofy photo package but they are being quite slow about making them available for download. Sometime between now and Wednesday is their latest estimate. I should get the video up very soon after that.

Liam

Last edited by forceword; 01-17-2011 at 06:01 PM.
forceword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #29
MikeofRose&Mike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceword View Post
Oops. These are my half photos

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. I stopped for almost character photo available. I really wasn't concerned about my time at all and I wanted to enjoy everything that is special about the Disney races and getting as many character photos as possible was something I'd promised my wife and daughter. It was the only way I was given permission to come.

Liam
I like the pictures, great shots with lots of characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney_mommy View Post

Everyone - What healthy thing did you do for yourself over the weekend?

I walked a lot on Saturday. Went to DC for the day and walked from the Metro to 2 museums and walked all around them. Wish I had a GPS or pedomoeter on. I bet it would be some impressive numbers!
Andrea, good job with the walking. I went for 12 miles Saturday and tried a new fuel. Pretzel M&Ms. It was outstanding. The salt was needed.

Mike

Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #30
disney_mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofRose&Mike View Post
I went for 12 miles Saturday and tried a new fuel. Pretzel M&Ms. It was outstanding. The salt was needed.
Mike
Excellent tip, Mike. The thought of having pretzel M&Ms might be just the motivation I need to get out there for a long walk!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: