Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Oh me, oh my! Are we really going to WDW in.....JULY!?! UPDATES TODAY 07/19 pg 30!!

I am pretty sure those were the thoughts running through my head when I realized it was actually happening......we were REALLY going to WDW in JULY!!!!! And I think stunned silence enveloped me for several minutes as I grappled with this shocking revelation for two main reasons:
  1. We normally travel during very low/light seasons where we don't have to stand in long lines for hours due to the crowds, and we don't melt into the pavement due to the heat..........AND
  2. We normally take days, WEEKS, EVEN MONTHS sometimes debating on the momentous decision to book our beloved trips to WDW as we chart out costs, accommodation options, travel options, etc., etc., etc. instead of mere minutes that it took to agree to book this trip.
For those of you who know me, I can only imagine you might be finding yourself in your own moment of shocked, stunned silence as you are reading these very words as well! It's incredible, isn't it?!?!??!?!

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Jen (aka MegansMom) and I am a proud, 34-year old Disney FANATIC!

I am also a proud wife for almost 12 years to my "Prince Tom," an adoring Mom for just over 7 years to my "Princess Megan," and just returned to teaching High School English after 7 years of staying home to care for my family. I ventured to WDW as a child with my family too many times to count, and was thrilled to start this cherished tradition with my own jolly threesome on our first trip together in September 2006. We followed that very memorable trip up with others in November 2007, June 2008, and September 2009.

Traveling with me will be my two favorite WDW companions---FANATICS just the same:

"Prince Tom"---my 35-year old hubby:

He is a corporate accountant for a large company in Cincinnati, and has become our FASTPASS MASTER after perfecting the art of FP'ing over the past four trips since 2006.

And the LOVE of our life......."Princess MEGAN!"

As I said....it will be in July this YEAR!!!

But WHEN??????? And WHERE???????? And WITH WHOM???????

Awwwww...stay tuned my faithful followers! All this and much more will be answered soon!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Last edited by MegansMom; 07-19-2011 at 08:52 AM.
MegansMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
MegansMom

Reserved for Future Update Links!

It just HAD to be July!

And exactly WHERE are we staying?!?!?!?

The BIG REVEAL....maybe!

So guess what MONDAY is?!??!??!

Here they are....the ADRs!!!!

So what ELSE is new?!?!?!

150 Days until MICKEY'S HOUSE Celebration!

Long Story Short

So how bad is BAD????

BIG Questions!

Do you know what tomorrow is?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Nothing but GOOD news!

Let's REVIEW shall we????

Let's do the ADR SHUFFLE!!!!

And now SHOPPING must be done!

I think I owe you some PICTURES!!!

To the HOSPITAL we go....

The PTR TRADITION continues!!!

Single DIGITS baby!!!!

This Time Next Week...Thursday Edition

This Time Next Week....Friday Edition

This Time Next Week....Saturday Edition

This Time Next Week....Sunday Edition

This Time Next Week....Monday Edition

This Time Next Week....Tuesday Edition

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Last edited by MegansMom; 07-19-2011 at 08:49 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #3
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I am looking forward to another trip report with Princess Megan. I can't wait to read about all the details of your trip.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Reporting for the fun!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Fun times! I can't believe how big our girls are!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm here, Jen, and so excited for you that if it wasn't 5:00 in the morning I would be jumping up and down, squealing with excitement!!!

Going in July will be an adjustment, to be sure, but you will have a great time! I am just so thrilled that you, Tom, and Princess Megan are headed back to Mickey's house!!!

Love the new ticker!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #7
redsox721
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the link. I was wondering when you would be venturing to Disney again. I am so happy for the three of you. I so wish I could plan a trip but with my daughter's wedding only 5-1/2 months away, it probably won't happen. Looking forward to reading the PTR.

Happy New Year. Loves to Megan.
WDW (stays of 4 days and longer--to many short visits to list) 1982---offsite (me & my folks), 1994---Poly (first family visit), 1997---Poly, 1999---Poly, 2000---offsite, 2002---Poly, 2004---POR, 2006---Pop, 2007---Pop, 2008---offsite (quick visit after a wonderful cruise)
Disneyland May 2009 Candy Cane Inn

Me(54) DH(56) DS(28) DD(26) DSIL(27)
redsox721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #8
kschafer
DIS Veteran

I'm here of course! (jumping up and down in spirit, like Jackie...it's just too early!)

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I'm here! Let's get some water parks in those plans for JULY!!!!!

MRYPPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 AM   #10
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love your new ticker and I'm so excited that you have a trip planned!

I can't wait to hear all the details!!
Lady Lallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #11
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

I am SO geeked that I get to read another one of your PTR's! We've gone once in July, and it was HOT. However, we've gone in June all of the other times and it was HOT. I am going in August this year and I know it will be hot, but I like it when it's hot. Then I don't have to worry about freezing when we go to the water park. Lots of water to be had by all. Can't wait to hear the details!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #12
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

WOOOHOOO!! Can't wait to read this PTR! I squealed with excitement when I saw you guys are going on another trip and by the looks of your ticker we are going to miss each other in Disney by a week or so!!

KristEn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #13
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Oh another trip with princess Megan. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear about all the details.

pooh'smate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #14
MegansMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I am looking forward to another trip report with Princess Megan. I can't wait to read about all the details of your trip.
WELCOME BACK!!! This is going to be a fun one----I have a feeling we will still find a way to include some "firsts" on this trip! I can't wait to get more into the details!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Reporting for the fun!
Did you like the roll call??? So glad you are here---now the fun can definitely start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Fun times! I can't believe how big our girls are!
Isn't that the truth hon!?!?!??! I was looking at these pictures from 2009---compared to what she looks like today---she has grown up so much in the past year and a half! We have to cherish every second! I am SOOOOOOO glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here, Jen, and so excited for you that if it wasn't 5:00 in the morning I would be jumping up and down, squealing with excitement!!!

Going in July will be an adjustment, to be sure, but you will have a great time! I am just so thrilled that you, Tom, and Princess Megan are headed back to Mickey's house!!!

Love the new ticker!
It wouldn't be a party without you! We are trying to brace ourselves for the adjustment---I am praying it won't be TOO painful! I know, wishful thinking! I am going to need some advice and help from you for this trip........in more ways than one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox721 View Post
Thanks for the link. I was wondering when you would be venturing to Disney again. I am so happy for the three of you. I so wish I could plan a trip but with my daughter's wedding only 5-1/2 months away, it probably won't happen. Looking forward to reading the PTR.

Happy New Year. Loves to Megan.
You are SO welcome!! I am so glad you found your way over here!!! I can only imagine how wonderfully crazy things must be right now---but all for the good! So excited for you and your family for the big day! Don't worry---Mickey will always be there!

Thank you again for your sweet care package......I will take some pictures where they are hanging in her room and post them here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
I'm here of course! (jumping up and down in spirit, like Jackie...it's just too early!)
I know what you mean.....UGH! BUT, SO glad you are here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I'm here! Let's get some water parks in those plans for JULY!!!!!
YEAH!!!! SO glad you found it! Am I crazy or what!?!?!?!?! I hope we don't melt away at WDW....but then again, where else would any of us rather be sweating it out????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love your new ticker and I'm so excited that you have a trip planned!

I can't wait to hear all the details!!
SOOOOOOOO glad you are here!!!!! I knew Megs would like that ticker---"Snow" cute! (Pardon the pun!) Are you ready to have some fun!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I am SO geeked that I get to read another one of your PTR's! We've gone once in July, and it was HOT. However, we've gone in June all of the other times and it was HOT. I am going in August this year and I know it will be hot, but I like it when it's hot. Then I don't have to worry about freezing when we go to the water park. Lots of water to be had by all. Can't wait to hear the details!
I know it is going to be hot, but then again, it was hot when we went in September so I am just trying to brace myself for it! Maybe I can sweat off a few pounds just from the heat! That would be a great perk!

Soooooooo glad you are here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
WOOOHOOO!! Can't wait to read this PTR! I squealed with excitement when I saw you guys are going on another trip and by the looks of your ticker we are going to miss each other in Disney by a week or so!!
YEAH!!! So glad you found it!!! I can't believe we are going to just miss each other----when are you going?!?!! I can't do ticker Math very well.....hence the English teacher! So glad you are here for the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Oh another trip with princess Megan. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear about all the details.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you found it! I am looking forward to this PTR....there is going to be LOTS of fun, new things going on....CAN'T WAIT!!!!

DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 01-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #15
MegansMom

It just HAD to be July!

Okay, now that the PTR is set.......how about we get this show REALLY on the roll!

So, I bet you are wondering how in the world July even became an option, let alone the ACTUAL dates for this trip......well it is actually a long story.

We have very good friends who live in Kansas City, MO---Allen and Nicole---that we often travel to see each year. Sometimes they come to Cincy to see us, and sometimes we trek out to KC to see them. They have a beautiful niece, Laila, who comes to visit them quite often for long jaunts in the summers too. Miss Laila is also just a little older than Megan, so we have gotten together the past few summers when Laila was in town. Last year we had the brilliant idea to actually go on a trip together to a location we all wanted to visit. We immediately decided we would all head out West and meet up at Disneyland to see the sites there and elsewhere around California. Unfortunately we could not make this trip work due to too many conflicting schedules.

The "boys" email each other quite frequently, and decided in October that we should be very proactive about scheduling something this summer so that we could make SOMETHING work out.......well, at the beginning of December, Nicole and I actually had a chance to talk on the phone about the possibility of some type of trip. It took us only mere seconds to decide that we all wanted to go back to WDW and enjoy a trip to the Mouse's House together! Of course I was SO excited with the idea of planning another trip, but we had a LOT of loose items to tie up before anything was "official." We both had a lot of information that we needed to gather to determine when we could go, where we would stay--especially if we would stay on-site or use their Reward points to stay nearby off-site. (GULP! )

Our first issue was WHEN.....

• We needed to wait until ALL of us were out of school---I get out May 25th, Megan gets out May 27th, and Laila gets out June 1st. So I thought---GREAT, we can go at the beginning of June and take advantage of the Free Dining!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT.......Tom and Allen (both Accountants) can't leave their work the first week of the month, and both girls are also preparing for June dance recitals in the middle of the month.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I thought, okay, we can head down the end of June!!!!!!! Yes we wouldn't be able to do Free Dining, but the weather wouldn't be AS bad yet and we would have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT.........Nicole is taking a short summer course for her Nursing degree, so that eliminated that option and pushed us into July.

I won't lie....this was my first reaction.............. The idea of the heat and the crowds seriously made me want to reconsider the whole trip. (I know...bad DISer....I am SO ashamed!)

BUT.........then the pixie dust worked its' magic and I realized....HEY, WE ARE GOING BACK TO MICKEY'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then I started behaving a little more like this.... Yes, it was a SIGHT! We knew we would need to again push our sights back to the last two weeks in July to take in consideration Nicole's class and the boys' work, so we then knew our targeted trip time would be anywhere from July 17th-31st.

AND THAT IS WHEN IT HIT ME.............................................

TOM AND I CAN GO AND CELEBRATE OUR ANNIVERSARY AT MICKEY'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Isn't that ROMANTIC!?!?!?!?!? In all my July "funk," I completely neglected to think about our annivesary---July 24th! When I realized that we could actually be there for it, I became literally giddy! I'm not sure exactly why, but it just made me smile! The funniest thing about our anniversary is that we did not originally want to get married in July---we wanted June, but that was the first date that summer that we could get both the church and the venue on the same day. How funny that this vacation mirrors that same predicament---wanting June, but getting pushed back to July.

And THAT is the story of how JULY 23rd--JULY 31st became our TRIP DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAHOO!!!!

Up next: Okay, now that we know when and with whom......what about the where?!?!?!?! Ohhhhhh...that is a GOOD story!

DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Last edited by MegansMom; 06-01-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: