Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
tryinginaustin
Earning My Ears

Question CSR in June..Ranchos or Cabanas..standard room

Okay, we are a party of 10 including six kids We have FINALLY decided on CSR and a standard room (rec of CM). We are staying for 7 nights. CM said avoid Casitas because that is where the convention folks will be (National PTA convention). SOOOOOO, Cabanas or Ranchos??? Thanks folks!!!
tryinginaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinginaustin View Post
Okay, we are a party of 10 including six kids We have FINALLY decided on CSR and a standard room (rec of CM). We are staying for 7 nights. CM said avoid Casitas because that is where the convention folks will be (National PTA convention). SOOOOOO, Cabanas or Ranchos??? Thanks folks!!!
I tend to like the looks of the Ranchos a little better but cabanas will be closer to the main building where the food and arcade are so if you will use those a lot I would say cabanas. I would say try for a building close to the main pool as your first request since it is a great pool and the snack bar is there which has pretty good food as well.
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
tryinginaustin
Earning My Ears

We don't have to be on top of the main pool as we are only going to have one full day of no parks, but we don't want to have to pack a lunch to get to the pool! Being closer to the main building and a bus stop would be likely be more important. Thanks!
Old 01-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

I was going to post a link but they won't let me so look at the CSR thread for info pics and a map to help with your decision.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2568966

Last edited by Crazy Kanga; 01-03-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Crazy Kanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #5
KatMark
DIS Veteran

First, the CM you spoke to is wrong. Convention guests can be ANYWHERE throughout the resort. Cabanas 9B is "Club Level" for conventions IF they pay for it. Depending on the size of the convention, guests could be in all sections of the resort (and, in fact, I've known them to be in Casitas, Cabanas and Ranchos on several of our visits).

As of this date, Casitas 1, 2 and 3 will be preferred rooms and will cost more. Ranchos rooms are furthest from the main building; although we've never stayed in the Ranchos, it reallly is a very pretty area. If you don't want Casitas, I would pick Cabanas 8A which is where we were in September. It was literally a one minute walk to the main pool and about a two minute walk to the bus stop.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
tryinginaustin
Earning My Ears

thanks for the info...i am really leaning towards the cabanas due to location and theme. I am hoping to make the right building request and would like to know an order to request in case i don't get the first one.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks for the info...i am really leaning towards the cabanas due to location and theme. I am hoping to make the right building request and would like to know an order to request in case i don't get the first one.
We have stayed in all of the Casitas (except #1) and Cabanas 9A and 8A. We prefer the Casitas (especially 4 and 5).

However, if you are going with the Cabanas, our choice would be Cabanas 8A (you can't miss with this location), Cabanas 8B or Cabanas 9A.

RIP Genie
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #8
tryinginaustin
Earning My Ears

Wow, I'm impressed!! How many times have you been to WDW!!??
Old 01-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, I'm impressed!! How many times have you been to WDW!!??
We have been to Disney over 20 times; we have stayed at the Coronado nine times now (#10 this year).

Be sure to check out the "unofficial" CSR thread in my signature and if you wnt a few updated pictures of the CSR, check out my TR also linked in my signature from this past September.

RIP Genie
Old 01-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
DCbride
DIS Veteran

I have stayed in all 3 areas. I hated the casitas due to the convention that was going on at the time, we walked through smoke and saw bottle and bottles of beers on tables everywhere. But that doesn't mean that will happen, it just happened to us.

We liked the Ranchos since we felt like we were the only ones there. During Easter week I waited for 10 min for a family to walk by so I could give away our Mickey balloon before we left for the airport. So if you are looking for a nice quiet pool, and a great chance of getting rooms close together pick here.

The Cabanas are so close to the main pool and the refillable mug area (you can refill at the main pool, when opend) so if being close to the main pool and food is important then this is the place. I personally feel that most people request the Cabanas, so it might be more difficult to get connecting or close rooms here.

BTW- I love this resort. We are returning in May and I can not wait!

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop/Omni, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #11
hammie59
DIS Veteran

We loved cabanas. We were close to everything, including the laundry building... very nice.

1985-1993-1999-off site
2008-CSR/ASMo
2011-POP
dh me ds11 dd6
hammie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #12
tryinginaustin
Earning My Ears

Woo-Hoo!! I love these forums!! I am calling with my room request tomorrow!! 8A, 8B and 9B!!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #13
hammie59
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Woo-Hoo!! I love these forums!! I am calling with my room request tomorrow!! 8A, 8B and 9B!!
Funny, my order of preference was same as yours. 8A was first choice, but didn't get it. Ended up with 8B and was pleasantly surprised to get a corner room and free upgrade to water view. Loved the location and the room itself. Having 2 windows was great.

1985-1993-1999-off site
2008-CSR/ASMo
2011-POP
dh me ds11 dd6
hammie59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #14
bytheblood
DIS Veteran

I prefer the Cabanas. The Ranchos are towards the back and a bit further from everything. There is a dedicated bus stop towards the back, however.
bytheblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #15
tryinginaustin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammie59 View Post
Funny, my order of preference was same as yours. 8A was first choice, but didn't get it. Ended up with 8B and was pleasantly surprised to get a corner room and free upgrade to water view. Loved the location and the room itself. Having 2 windows was great.
did you just happen upon the free upgrade or did you ask for it?

Tags
cabanas, coronado springs, kids

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: