Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Modan
Earning My Ears

POR King beds

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with the "King Bed" rooms at POR. Are the King beds all in the mansions or are they also available in the alligator bayou?

Thanks

Modan
Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

I have only been in a king room in the mansions, not in AB.

In POR, some king rooms are also the h.c. rooms, so it is not always easy to get one. I happen to get one this past year and a few years ago, since I go alone.

What is nice about them is they are corner rooms and have two windows, so they appear a bit larger and brighter.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
MarkDief86
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
I have only been in a king room in the mansions, not in AB.

In POR, some king rooms are also the h.c. rooms, so it is not always easy to get one. I happen to get one this past year and a few years ago, since I go alone.

What is nice about them is they are corner rooms and have two windows, so they appear a bit larger and brighter.
What is "the h.c. rooms"?

I'm only asking this because I have a king room booked for April 30 - May 7, 2011
April 30 - May 7, 2011 - Port Orleans - Riverside (Acadian House)
April 28 - May 6, 2012 - Polynesian Resort (Tuvalu Theme Park View; Room 3412)

Independent Scentsy Consultant markdiefenderfer.scentsy.us
MarkDief86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDief86 View Post
What is "the h.c. rooms"?

I'm only asking this because I have a king room booked for April 30 - May 7, 2011
handicapped accessible. So the king bed rooms that are h.c. accessible will go first priority is enough people are booked for that reason. It depends how busy the resort is that week.

This year the week after Thanksgiving was amazingly busy at the resorts, and I didn't even request a king bed room and got one anyway - again, since I was alone. There were enough families and too few people needed king rooms that I got bumped to a king.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
Modan
Earning My Ears

I'm only wondering because there are "King bed" rooms available to book but we really love the AB. I'd hate to upgrade to "King bed" only to find on arrival that I'd upgraded us out of the area we prefer.

I've been looking everywhere and can only find vague descriptions and a couple of people mentioning their King bed in Magnolia Bend. I've looked through hundreds of pics too hoping to stumble on a pic of a King bed with teh AB bedspread, but I've had no luck.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modan View Post
I'm only wondering because there are "King bed" rooms available to book but we really love the AB. I'd hate to upgrade to "King bed" only to find on arrival that I'd upgraded us out of the area we prefer.

I've been looking everywhere and can only find vague descriptions and a couple of people mentioning their King bed in Magnolia Bend. I've looked through hundreds of pics too hoping to stumble on a pic of a King bed with teh AB bedspread, but I've had no luck.
"All rooms have a king-size bed, table and chairs, vanity area with 2 sinks, a ceiling fan, a privacy curtain between the vanity and room, and a bathroom. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail, high-speed Internet access (additional fee), hairdryer, iron, ironing board, mini fridge and coffeemaker. A Pack 'n Play® playard is available upon request. Wheelchair-accessible rooms are available. These rooms offer views of the Resort hotel, landscaping, courtyard, garden, bayou, riverfront or courtyard pool."

This is the description directly from the Disney website - I would say if it says "bayou" view, then they are in AB.

However, that means you are booking a king bed room; you are REQUESTING to be in AB.

Last edited by Missytara; 01-04-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
2010_Bride
DIS Veteran

DH and I are going in March and I asked when I made the reservations if there were king rooms in AB as this is where we are hoping to stay. We were told yes - and a request for AB is on our file

2010_Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
kat3668
Mouseketeer
Driving me nuts is a short trip!
The TF wishes you a Happy Birthday even if you do run like a duck!

I had a king bed at POR in AB building 18 to be exact. But just don't get your hopes up too high they are assigning rooms now by computer and I keep hearing that requests being met are far and few in between. I stayed at POR in Sept and my only request was Magnolia bend and I did not get it.
Good Luck!
kat3668 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alligator bayou, king, por

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: