Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #406
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

Hi All!
Joining in!
I signed up for the 10 mile Tower of Terror Race in September.
I've NEVER walked/ran a race like this before. I did walk a 5k a few weekends ago and survived!
I probably would be considered Pooh sized and this race at Walt Disney World is my motivation to lose weight and get healthy!

Looking forward to chatting with you all in the process.
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #407
princessbride6205
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiesfeld07 View Post
Hi All!
Joining in!
I signed up for the 10 mile Tower of Terror Race in September.
I've NEVER walked/ran a race like this before. I did walk a 5k a few weekends ago and survived!
I probably would be considered Pooh sized and this race at Walt Disney World is my motivation to lose weight and get healthy!

Looking forward to chatting with you all in the process.
Welcome! The Tower of Terror sounds like it will be a fun race. Great job setting goals to be healthier. I know race training keeps me motivated to exercise.

Hi again, WISH friends. I took a few months off from running after the Wine and Dine. I've been easing back in the past 3 months or so, mostly race walking but sprinkling in as much running as my knee will allow.
2012 Goals
* Local race - half marathon or 10k
* Disney race (ToT or W&D, depending on our schedule)
* Train for a full - Mickey 2013
* Extra credit: destination half marathon (if I can swing a long weekend away)
2013 WDW Marathon * 2013 Dumbo Double Dare / Coast to Coast! * 2013 Wine & Dine
2014 WDW Half * 2014 Glass Slipper * Next up: 2015 Goofy!
princessbride6205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #408
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

Hello all! I just signed my mom and myself up for the half-marathon in January! This will be my second half and my mom's first and we are both SO excited! This will also be my mom's first trip to the World Just wanted to pop in and "introduce" ourselves! A wee bit about us: I ran competitively in high school and have run by myself off and on since then just for fun, but I am currently way out of shape and so excited about getting back into running more consistently and seriously. My mom is a very active lady but has never been a runner, so I'm trying to take the reins here and coach us both Now to go browse this thread...
Giselle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 PM   #409
MikeofRose&Mike
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofRose&Mike View Post
Goals for this year:
1) KDF Full.
2) Several Haves, haven't picked one after Princess
3) Trail half or full John Ffigawi inspired me
4) Train with DW for 2013 Mickey (Her 1st).
Goal 1) met today.

Gisselle22 lthiesfeld07 :Welcome
Feel free to ask questions, people will be happy to answer. You and your mom will have fun at princess.

Princess Bride Welcome Back. I had dropped off the thread since February.

lthiesfeld07 :Welcome
Feel free to ask questions, people will be happy to answer. I enjoyed W&D, I bet ToT will be fun to.

MikeofRose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 AM   #410
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Congrats, Rose! Hope it went well.

Welcome to the newcomers. Hope you're popping in over at the other more active threads and getting good advice.

I am back to running in the month of April. I've slowly worked my way back up to 7-8 miles for a LR. Next few months I am going to do my half training plan so I can build up to my July training start for NYC. Yup, a lot of training with no race plans. I'm okay with that though. I tend not to race a lot--I haven't mastered the skill of "running a race for fun" yet. But I am going to try this time around.

Between driving from MI to SC (last week) and then driving from MI to MA (this week) and then flying to Scotland (end of May), I have gaps in my running. I view it as "enforced rest" and will enjoy it all. Plus, it's not like I'm just sitting around!

Enjoy the week. Can you believe it's May already?

Maura
jmasgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #411
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Wow it's been a while since I last popped in...

Welcome to all and so glad to see other healing and completing goals!

I did a small 10k a few weeks back, my first,...won the old lady group with a great time for me, 52:34. Still in my "happy" running place. As my DH and I plan and train for an upcoming adventure, I will probably be MIA a bit. We are going to Spain the end of Aug and going to walk 400K in the Northern area along the Camino de Santiago, from Leon to Finisterre. This will be something we will do together...as I run, he doesn't, he bikes, I don't.

Hope when I check back in everyone will be enjoying his/her journey.

joan4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:25 AM   #412
tinkerbye
Mouseketeer

Hi all, I've decided to do the princess half instead of my normal tri training next spring.
tinkerbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #413
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

June already!

Did a meh run of 10 miles today. First LR in a couple of weeks after a wonderful trip to Scotland. A freakish weather pattern meant we had sun and 70's the entire time we were there. So much for the rain/cold weather gear I packed.

Hope everyone is adapting to the approaching summer. Coach Charles gives great advice on how to do it well.

Maura
Old 06-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #414
thbath77
Earning My Ears

Hi Everybody!! I've stalked the boards for a long time and, finally getting comfortable commenting! I'm signing up for the Princess half 2013 (my first ever race). I posted this on the Princess half board but I am somewhere between excited and terrified.

Just started this week doing the run walk method and, so far so good... This is a fun interesting journey. So thankful for the Disboards and all the support!
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney
thbath77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #415
cv workout
Mamma Scrooge

I'm ready to take the plunge

I signed up for the Disney World 2013 Half Marathon. EEk, what have I gotten myself into? I did a marathon a couple of years ago so this should be only half as hard, right?
cv workout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:36 PM   #416
jmasgat
DIS Veteran

Did a nice 7 mile tempo run today.....of course, it was at the gym since it's 100F around here. Now just chillin' with a G&T....with Mickey ice cubes, no less!

NYC training starts in 2 weeks. 13 miles this weekend as part of my base building.

Keep cool!

Maura
Old 07-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #417
MouseDogMom
DIS Veteran

100 here too. 102 tomorrow, and our Galloway group is scheduled for 13. Yippee! I never thought I'd think running in 100 degree weather was an every day occurrence, but it seems to be the norm this summer.

Jackie

MouseDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #418
deekaypee
Mouseketeer
Ah, life in my Disney daydream is good

Helllooooo WISHers! It's that time of year, for me to think about training for January. So here I am.

Maura: I love the idea of following a run with a G&T. But you already knew that. I need to dig out the Mickey ice cubes. I already know where the gin is. Good luck on your 13 miler.

Jackie: How did your 13 miler go? And in triple digits. I know you were careful, but yowsa!

AFM: I did my 6 miler inside today. I headed outside for the mid-week runs, and it wasn't pretty. Ended up with migraine-like symptoms. Luckily, it's raining right now, and our area should see a significant drop in temps. I don't hate the treadmill, but time goes faster on the ground.

I know it's been a while since I was on the general thread, so I'll just add that I haven't been doing a lot of (any) races, but I'll be at Tower of Terror!
... ................
deekaypee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #419
MouseDogMom
DIS Veteran

My 13 miler turned into a 10 miler. We needed more group leaders to stay with the group doing 10 than with the 13 mile group, and since I'm doing a half next weekend, I chose to go with the 10 mile group. Wasn't that generous of me?

Annie has to add salt to her diet to keep the migraines from coming when she's outside in the heat. No amount of fluid will save her. Took us 6 years of soccer to figure that out, but a bag of potato chips or pretzels worked wonders. Same holds true when she's running now. Don't know if it would help, but it might be worth a try.

I don't have Mickey ice cubes. I only have wine glasses. Must remedy that on the next trip.

Jackie

MouseDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #420
deekaypee
Mouseketeer
Ah, life in my Disney daydream is good

Jackie: Good luck on this weekend's half marathon! And thanks for noting the salt thing - I don't have a lot of salt in my diet, so I'll give it a try this weekend.

Seriously, what would I do without the input and advice of my WISHer friends?

AFM: Not a lot of mid-week reporting to do, but I'm trying to get back into regular posts. In my BIG news, DOOD and I finally committed to the Goofy. We last did it in 2010, and it's time for 39.3 miles without icicles.

Plus, this is the first time in a couple of years that our schedules will allow for the additional training. Fingers crossed.
... ................
deekaypee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: