Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
amandaC
Mouseketeer

Please tell me I'll have a good time!

So, my family cruises every year for spring break. We have always done 7 day cruises for the last 8 years, 6 of which were on the Magic.

This year, my boys are in different schools, and have different breaks.

So, for various reasons, I could only take my older son out of school for a few days and I booked us on the 3 day Dream.

And I'm sad...

I feel like a spoiled brat for saying that. I'm thrilled that we get to try out the Dream. But I can't help but wish it were for 7 days. Normally, I'm bouncing off the wall with less than a week to go. This time, I'm not even packed!

What's wrong with me????
amandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
castmbr
DIS Veteran

I just got back from the 4 night Dream, today. This was my second Disney cruise - first being 7 night Fantasy. I was worried it would be a let down and I was very sad that it ended so quickly but we had a great time!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
Jacob's Mom
Earning My Ears

As long as you and your family are all together- you are going to have a GREAT time....it's just going to go by really fast. We did a long weekend cruise a few years back to celebrate a 40th b-day, there were 8 of us total, and we had a blast. Just go with the mindset that you'll be back again someday....and I am sure you will find a way to make that happen. Enjoy and safe travels.
Jacob's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
mecllap
"Skamps"
Hugh Jackman -- major beefcake!
Once a DIS Sleuth, Always a DIS Sleuth

I'm sure you'll be fine -- hard to get used to change. I just booked my first DCL/Dream trip for my 70th birthday a year and a half away, and now I'm trying to figure how to do one sooner (have a lot of other things already planned before then). Because that's too far away and it will be too short (just a 4-day) and can't believe I've waited so long to take one (other things to do). . . . .

As a Disney lover, I'm sure you're a chronically happy person, but this topic did remind me of one of my fave quotes:

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be".
Abraham Lincoln
mecllap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaC View Post
So, my family cruises every year for spring break. We have always done 7 day cruises for the last 8 years, 6 of which were on the Magic.

This year, my boys are in different schools, and have different breaks.

So, for various reasons, I could only take my older son out of school for a few days and I booked us on the 3 day Dream.

And I'm sad...

I feel like a spoiled brat for saying that. I'm thrilled that we get to try out the Dream. But I can't help but wish it were for 7 days. Normally, I'm bouncing off the wall with less than a week to go. This time, I'm not even packed!

What's wrong with me????
Nothing is wrong with you. I think you're right, a 3-day cruise will be a letdown if you're used to a 7 day. It's only natural to feel the way you're feeling. Honestly, I would feel the same way.

Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your cruise, and while on board be sure to book a "dummy" cruise, so you can transfer that to a 7-day or longer when times work for your whole family.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmbr View Post
I just got back from the 4 night Dream, today. This was my second Disney cruise - first being 7 night Fantasy. I was worried it would be a let down and I was very sad that it ended so quickly but we had a great time!
I also got off the Dream this morning and we had a great time. I also love 7 night cruises but any DCL cruise is better than none so we took the 4 day as it was all that our schedule could allow at this time.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
shopmom
Earning My Ears

I recently did a 4 day on the wonder and rebooked a 3 day on the dream in may .. I wish we could fit in a 7 day cruise in our schedule but my DH is hitting his busiest time at work starting next month thru August so we are grabbing what time we have .. And I just keep telling myself a 3 day cruise on Disney is better than a no day cruise !!!! So enjoy the time you do have and absolutely rebook while on the ship do you have something to look forward to ...
shopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #8
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by castmbr View Post
I second that. First cruise (August) was 7 night but did 4 night in January and was concerned that I would like the Dream or be disappointed. It went by too fast but it was still a great cruise!

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
wcw57
DIS Veteran

YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME period.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #10
amandaC
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone!!!
Think I'll go pack now
amandaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaC View Post
Thanks everyone!!!
Think I'll go pack now
That's the spirit!

I was only able to do the 3 night DVC Member Cruise this January. It was short, but memorable, one of my best cruises ever!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #12
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

We are doing the 4 day for the third time. We love it, but we always visit Universal or Disney with the cruise. My plan is to book 2 7 day cruises while were on board our next cruise. I'm looking forward to 7 days at sea, but I will miss the land part. I agree with other poster any cruise is better than none.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #13
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Its shorter, but its still amazing! Go pack and have and awesome time!

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #14
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

I took a seven night and then a five and am now booked on a 4 for my next one. I was worried about the same thing but I still had a great time. It will go by fast!! But, will be LOTS of fun =)

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #15
KingRichard
DIS Veteran

Skip the shows you have already seen. Gives you more time for others things!

Skip the Bahamas. Spend time on board do other thing less crowded!

You can make the most of it as you have seen a lot more then many people who have never been on DCL.

GRAND SLAM COMPLETE! Feb. 11 Dream, April 12 Wonder, Feb. 13 Fantasy, Feb. 14 Magic
KingRichard is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: